A New Face in the Mayoral Race

This is where you go to get IC news from roleplayed events in Celestial City. Comments MAY be OOC or IC, so please indicate which one. If OOC, put your comments in parentheses (()). If IC, please indicate which character you are doing.
Asrya

A New Face in the Mayoral Race

Post by Asrya » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:05 am

A press conference is called in front of the rechristened Firefly Media building. As the reporters mill about photographers snap images with the unnecessary click-whir of lenses and nonexistent film canisters. Soon enough a tall, shapely, woman with cropped red hair steps out onto a carefully erected platform studded with microphones and carefully angled lighting.
She's dressed smartly in a tailored three piece suit that hugs each curve precisely without overt sex appeal. The flounce of her suit jacket highlights and demurely obscures the swell of her rear while the double breast closure reveals a silk camisole placed with laser-like precision over her breasts. Her angled chin tilts up as she raises a hand for the attention and silence of those gathered and a gleam catches from the rectangular glasses perched on the bridge of her nose.
"Thank you all for coming. As many of you are aware, my name is Abigail Vestea. I'm the current chairwoman of Firefly Media, formerly Gold Starr Media. Our city is back on track to becoming a great and prosperous home for all of us once again. Following the events of the meteor disaster, the loss of lives, property, and morale our fine city has risen from the ashes." She smiles softly toward the flash of cameras. "We have become stronger, despite our losses. In following that, I called this conference to show our own changes here."
She motions over her shoulder at the renovated building and glowing sign. "We ourselves have grown stronger in the wake of tragedy. Corruption has been outed and cut away, we have brought a new era of media publishing; and with that we have brought new light into the darkness, illuminating our city with knowledge. To that end, Gold Starr Media is now Firefly Media."
She waits for the cameras to stop, for the inevitable questions she raises a hand. "All questions will be addressed at the end of the conference." This silences the eager reporters, who return to their tablets and notepads. As she continues, attention seems rapt on her every word.
"In addition to this change to our own policies, I've looked on the policies in our city. We require a few changes to our system. It is broken, it lends itself to multiple troubles. I have come to the decision to add my own name to the ballot for mayor."
At the announcement hands fly into the air, questions are shouted over each other. Calmly, Abby raises a hand, silencing the crowd effectively as a wave of soothing pheromones wafts from her, stilling the excitement without a word or visible means beyond her hand.
"There will be a secondary conference focused solely on my candidacy later this week. While Timber and Delphine are worthy candidates, I feel the options are limited. I've built an empire of knowledge, sharing it with the people of the city equally. We have aimed to keep the people well informed and we have been a neutral party. I bring to the race the pulse of the city's citizens. I know the happenings of the city, and I know what the people desire about it. I know where the people want change, where they don't, and I feel I can elevate those desires into action. I want to be the true voice of the city. I want to be your mayor."