Close encounters of the press conference kind

This is where you go to get IC news from roleplayed events in Celestial City. Comments MAY be OOC or IC, so please indicate which one. If OOC, put your comments in parentheses (()). If IC, please indicate which character you are doing.
Timberwulff
Sim Admin

Close encounters of the press conference kind

Post by Timberwulff » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:30 am

This is Howard Handupme reporting, we now go live to outside City Hall, where Mayoral Candidate Timber has called a press conference. We join the press conference live...

[10:42] Candy Trails shuffles with the crowd anxious about the press conference.
[10:43] Doctor Jaimie Byrne (Nicole Portola) stands behind Timber quietly
[10:48] Timber Wulff (timberwulff Ivanovic): As the press appears Timber looks at them making sure everyone is here."Okay I am going to make a statement then take questions." He paused and took a deep breath."A few months ago this city was rocked by meteor strikes. There was destruction, there was devastation and there was rebuilding. The thing is these meteors also brought new beings to this city, both the slime which has been removed from the city and the aliens who worked on a certain section of the city. They worked hard to rebuild not only parts of the city but to build a home for themselves. There has been talk of them doing horrible things. A lot of which has not been proven a lot of things attributed to the slimes and as someone affected by the slime I can tell you it was... something, however the aliens from the meteor still exist and I have spoken with their leader who has told me L'minya died. Now I am running on the platform of equality for every being in Celestial City and I have extended the olive branch to the aliens to come up to the
surface and I will fight for their right to exist. What I have not told the aliens is I am working on a city council and would like a representative of her people to be on the council if I am elected."
[10:49] Timber Wulff (timberwulff Ivanovic): "This is a city of diversity and it is time we show that diversity to all sentient beings
[10:49] Candy Trails: You would invite a member of those barb *her assiatant elbows her in the side*..those visitors to lead us after the invas..*another elbow* arrival? Have they adapted to the city?
[10:51] Timber Wulff (timberwulff Ivanovic) Narrows his eyes for a moment."They have adapted as best they can considering the last time they interacted in a major way with us, A few beings who will remain nameless chased them into the tunnels and tried to bury them. Here is the deal, they are sentient they are thinking and feeling beings and they deserve the same rights as each and every one of us."
[10:53] Candy Trails: do you really think this is what is best for our city?
[10:54] Timber Wulff (timberwulff Ivanovic) nods."Yes, yes I do. Like many of us they didn't ask to come here and aside from some issues they have met with hostility, and mistrust. I have invited teh leader of the aliens to come up with me for this press conference, and she refused out of fear that she will be attacked just for existing."
[10:56] Candy Trails turns her nose up " how..expected. " But other reportes reactions were mixed
[10:57] Timber Wulff (timberwulff Ivanovic) looks at Candy."Miss, please come up here for a moment
[10:59] Candy Trails: the chunky blond reporter obviously trying to be the 'hot' one stepped forward
[11:02] Doctor Jaimie Byrne (Nicole Portola) looked her over. Lipstick imperfect. Too much mascara. Seams of her vest starting to wear
[11:03] Timber Wulff (timberwulff Ivanovic) looks at her and walks around."Drug user, most likely into BDSM wouldn't be surprised if she likes to be spanked while she calls someone Daddy.. Or Mommy. He pauses letting what he just accused her of to sink in."Is any of that true? Maybe, maybe not, but why did I make that judgement? Well I have green eyes and white hair, you are obviously different looking than me so I can make that judgement. LEt me guess 5th grade education as well? It doesn't feel good to be judged on your appearance, does it. BAsically these aliens have been judged guilty until proven innocent just like I did with you. It's not right and it's not fair, is it."
[11:06] Candy Trails ran off trying to hide tears but the others reportes got a good laugh. Timber won soem over
[11:10] Timber Wulff (timberwulff Ivanovic) he looks at her."All I am saying is everyone deserves a fair and honest chance. Once again was any of that true about her. I don't know and really I don't care, what she does in her life is her business as long as she doesn't hurt anyone I am offering the aliens the chance to live their life. WE have a lot to learn from them and they from us. SO I am asking the voters and even those who don't vote or those who vote for ABby or Delphine, please... Give the aliens a chance if they come in peace then they should be able to live in peace."
[11:13] Candy Trails: nameReporters
[11:13] Timber Wulff (timberwulff Ivanovic) looks at Jaimie "Anything else I should cover today?"
[11:14] Reporters nod ..some dont but most do
[11:14] Doctor Jaimie Byrne (Nicole Portola) shook her head" i think short bits are good like this until the debates"
[11:16] Timber Wulff (timberwulff Ivanovic) nods his head before turning back to the press."I'm gonna finish with this, Celestial City is a great city, and we have rebuilt the buildings now it is time to rebuild the population. No more questions."AS he steps away from the press.
[11:17] Doctor Jaimie Byrne (Nicole Portola) smiles and stepped away " I need to see to Karen. , if you approve of ehr?"
[11:18] Reporters milled about,before returning to their networks
[11:18] Timber Wulff (timberwulff Ivanovic) nods."Go for it, tell her I said hi. I'm gonna go grab a chicken sandwich and onion rings at the bowling alley if ya need me
[11:20] Doctor Jaimie Byrne (Nicole Portola) grins and heads over
[11:20] Timber Wulff (timberwulff Ivanovic) smiles as he watches her walk before flying off