Staring into the Abyss

This is where you go to get IC news from roleplayed events in Celestial City. Comments MAY be OOC or IC, so please indicate which one. If OOC, put your comments in parentheses (()). If IC, please indicate which character you are doing.
Narelle Leia

Staring into the Abyss

Post by Narelle Leia »

[08:32] (You) sits down in the lab, pours a cup of coffee and begins.
[08:35] (You) starts the DNA compiler and injects Glacier's blood into the receptacle. She watches as the sequence starts, looking at the "Time to Completion" screen and sighs. "2 days." she whispers to herself.
[08:48] (You) takes her tablet and opens her private journal. "Today I begin my research into meta's genetic structure. The subject is the criminal known as Glacier. Perhaps, with enough study, I can come up with a way to nullify her abilities and eventually, create a treatment that will control the criminal metas without resorting to drastic measures. The results of Glacier's DNA tests will be done in 2 days. I can get faster results by going to PAE, but I want this done without monitoring. This is dangerous ground I walk on, i know it and understand it. But Celestial City is at a critical point in it's existence." She sighs and sips her coffee. "After Glacier's tests are done. I'll sequence my own DNA and run a differential analysis. That should give me a glimpse into meta genetic structure. To be able to function as a mundane without having to mask my abilities would be a great blessing."
[08:49] (You) ends the entry, encrypts the data and logs off. She stares at the screen, watching the analysis with hope and fear.