Catching a Rat

This is where you go to get IC news from roleplayed events in Celestial City. Comments MAY be OOC or IC, so please indicate which one. If OOC, put your comments in parentheses (()). If IC, please indicate which character you are doing.
Asrya
Sim Admin

Catching a Rat

Post by Asrya » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:21 am

[19:41] ::Exile::Take (L): Configuration Loaded
[19:41] ::Exile::Take (L): Ready!
[19:43] Kassie Martian walks past the poeople loitering outside and walks right into Exxcelsior
[19:44] Kassie Martian smiles sweetly "oh heya Harsillus sweetie!"
[19:44] Allock (allock123) sips his sarsaparilla brooding to him self
[19:45] Harsilius Steam (harsilius) heads into the xxxcelsior, nodding to Kassie and heading oveer to stand behind the bar
[19:46] Kassie Martian grins and waves at the man sitting on the bar and the girl on the pole, heading pulling her coat off....
[19:46] Packrat: was running short on cash, again. And figured. Well. Strip clubs always have large amounts of unmarked bills. And they're not always paying attention to their pockets. So... lets see what we can get out of drunk johns.
[19:49] Allock (allock123) glances at Har and sighs " can i get a whiskey?"
[19:50] Mark Blake glances at Har and sighs " can i get a whiskey?"
[19:50] Evie (beverlox) is online.
[19:51] Packrat: manages to pull a couple of wallets out. She empties the cash and drops the wallets into the snowy sidewalk. Then looks curious a moment, before smirking. Next up... every set of keys she can get to come out of her little bag of tricks. "Drunk people shouldn't drive after all... how many of you have cars...."
[19:53] Blue Rosencrans (bluephalkon) is online.
[19:53] Harsilius Steam (harsilius) nods. "Sure thing." he smiles and pulls a bottle off the shelf, setting an oldfashion glass in front of Mark, setting two cold whiskey stones in the glass and pours him two fingers of whiskey.
[19:54] Packrat: "Key..." The car key drops into the nearby sewer grate with a clatter. "Key..." Clatter. "Key..." Clatter. She reaches into her bag, up to her elbow and makes a face. "Aww come on... there's gotta be more people driving around than that...."
[19:56] Mark Blake grunt and blinks as something in his pocket shifts he sticks his hand in and searches around " fuck" one of the keys pack rat snags in a car key with a rather large key chain in a stylized middle finger with the word brat! on it"
[19:57] Packrat: "Puh...." She digs around a minute more before grinning. "Haha... alrigh..." She snickers, drops the key on the ground, and yoinks the keychain. "Oh gods that's -perfect- Snot's gonna love it." She affixes the keychain to her backpack strap, then turns and begins skipping away.
[19:59] Packrat: is in the middle of skipping away from the club. Evie -might- notice there's a couple of keys dropped into the sewer, dangling by their keychains in the grate.
[20:00] Second Life: DarkestDesire Destiny gave you Concept Idea.
[20:01] Evie sees Packrat skipping away after having parked her car and gotten out. She jogs a few steps and shouts, "Hey!"
[20:01] Packrat: stops skipping, turning on her toes and blinking. "Oh hey Officer Candy Ass."
[20:02] Mark Blake downs the whiskey in one gulps and stands quickly searching around " fuck the key to my babys gone" he drops to his hands and knees " any one see a key chain with a big middle finger and the word brat on it?"
[20:02] Evie doesn't blink at being called Officer Candy Ass. Although it's not the best name she's been called, she's been called a lot worse. She says, "Want your bug spray? I got it in the trunk."
[20:03] Mark Blake blinks as he hears evie shout " whats all dat?" then stands and strides towards the door peeking out and raising his voice " ya all right evie?"
[20:04] Packrat: "Nope. Not really sure where it came from. But! That hardly matters. Hope it helped. Good job on the creepy bug lady. I don't stick around for all that heroing stuff though... Nice seein' ya again." She backs up a stepe then turns on her toes to continue walking away.
[20:04] Evie calls after Packrat, "Where's your monkey, by the way?"
[20:05] Kassie Martian walks out of the dresing room......"aaaand everyone left"
[20:05] Packrat: "Snot's at home! I'd never get to go grocery shopping if I had him with me -all- the time!" She calls back, heading, maybe predictibly, for the grocery store.
[20:06] Mark Blake glances at the woman as she turns to walk away his eyes drawn to an object hanging from her back pack his eyes shoot up " one sec dere..."
[20:07] Packrat: Three wallets and the keys are on the sidewalk and sewer grate. (flips coin) Mark's key hasn't slipped past the bars into the sewer proper yes.
[20:07] Evie was trying to think of a retort when Mark passed her. It was at this point that Evie finally noticed they key chains stuck in the grate. Evie calls, "You drop something?"
[20:08] Evie (beverlox): ((ignore last post. I think I was confused?))
[20:08] Kassie Martian turns to the girl on stage......"Hello....."
[20:08] Packrat: "Yap! I don't drive!" She hasn't stopped walking casually away, and either didn't hear, or ignored Mark's talking to her.
[20:09] Harsilius Steam (harsilius) looks around the now devoid-of-customers bar and then starts cleaning off the counter, watching the dancers.
[20:09] Evie (beverlox): ((I guess my post works. I just didn't realize the keyring weren't the same ones Packrat carries on her backpack))
[20:09] Mark Blake grunts " ya know da key to my baby? the one with dat bitching middle finger key chain and the word brat?" well its siting right there on her back pack" he strides forward in presuite of the girl
[20:09] Mark Blake: (heh its all good evietron))
[20:10] Evie sighs and goes and gets in her car to try and follow Mark and Packrat.
[20:10] Asrya (asrya.amaterasu): <<lol nope, she snatched keys from the people in the stripclub and bar and dropped them into the sewer, as per usual. Her keychains (the ink bombs) are still on her strap)
[20:10] Asrya (asrya.amaterasu): >>
[20:11] Evie stops only long enough to pick up the wallets using a paper bag, letting them fall carefully inside to be used for evidence, then getting fully back into the car again, she puts it in gear.
[20:12] Packrat: hums a merry, cheery little tune as she walks away, listening to mark following her. "I dunno what you want dude, but you should probably go back inside the bar before you break an ankle out here."
[20:14] Mark Blake growls " how about dat l bit ah my property on your back pack." he starts full ou running trying to get in front of her " no problem there ..i've always rebelled against poor health"
[20:14] Mark Blake: (( i will never stop name jokes >,>)))
[20:16] Packrat: isn't running, and in fact seems completely unconcerned. When she sees him coming up on her side to pass her, she actually pauses to allow him to get in front of her. One of the bright coloured ball keychains on the front of her pack has already been removed and is held in her hand.
[20:16] Packrat: "Haven't any idea what you're talking about."
[20:17] Evie manages to catch up and jumps out of the car, approaching now from behind.
[20:20] Packrat: "See... You -probably- should have stayed in the car." The girl stands near the wall, the (what evie knows to be an ink bomb) keychain held in her hand. She throws the thing with a hard baseball throw at the wall beside her.
[20:20] Mark Blake pulls up in front of her and holds up a hand in a stop motion " yeah? how about this, bring your bag around your front nd we both look at it " he snaps his fingers and reaches up and pulls off his bandana two faintly glowing gems wink at her from his forehead, a crystal pupil forms in each and focuses on the girl " see im a meta.. and my third and fourth eye here can see truth and lies"
[20:21] Mark Blake: (( curse my slow typing heh!))
[20:21] Taiyo (gynoid.amaterasu) was heading for the club when she noticed one of the protectorate cruisers.. Then her new friend Evie getting out. She watches the entire matter, not quite sure if she should get involved yet.
[20:21] Asrya (asrya.amaterasu): <<No no, it works :D>>
[20:22] Packrat: She didn't stop looking at Mark, just grinned widely. Oh, she was lying sure enough. And she had -no- quams about it. With the paint on the wall forming a large black spot. she turned toward it.
[20:22] Evie slings a web at Packrat, too late to stop her from throwing the ink bomb, but expecting Packrat to leap for the hole, tries to intercept and capture her with her web.
[20:23] Asrya (asrya.amaterasu): <<OOo you have a web? cool!>>
[20:23] Taiyo (gynoid.amaterasu): << She's Venom.. ;) >>
[20:23] Evie (beverlox): ((Ssssshhhhh! Don't tell!))
[20:24] Asrya (asrya.amaterasu): <<coin flip! Evie! Call heads or tails!>>
[20:24] Evie (beverlox): ((heads))
[20:24] Mark Blake grunts scowling a hand reaching forward to attempt to snag her back pack and pull her back away from the hole " oh no ya don't"
[20:25] Kassie Martian waves at Lucy....
[20:26] Packrat: three things happened in that instant she, sure enough, dove for the hole in the wall. The web that she wasn't expecting, snagged her legs and knocked her headfirst into the wall. There was a brief moment where it looked like she -might- go through the hole. But the instant MArk's hand grabbed her backpack, it stopped and her head collided with the wall, stunning her.
[20:27] Evie runs toward Packrat and tries to grab hold of her pinning her. "Stop. You're under arrest!" she yells.
[20:27] Kassie Martian laughs at the fact that there are 3 fully dressed strippers in the bar and no one lese
[20:28] Mark Blake blinks and pulls her up by the back pack he reaches down and unhooks the chain then holds her out to evie " i think dis is yours?"
[20:29] Packrat: groans slightly, stunned from the head shock. A trickle of blood is already running down her face from the pretty bad scrape she took.
[20:30] Kassie Martian shrugs "dunno, some thief stole some keys and everyone cleared out to see her get her ass kicked i think"
[20:32] Evie looks Packrat over, to determine if Packrat needed first aid or if the wound was superficial. She calls over her Protectorate com, "I need a PTV at this location," and then says to Mark, "I need the chain too, Mark. If you don't mind. It's evidence." She says to someone over her PAE com, "I got your thief."
[20:32] Packrat: Evie cause herself a packrat
[20:32] Packrat: The call that she just put out? It comes through her backpack.
[20:32] Mark Blake narrows his eyes at evie clutching the chain " and if i do mind?"
[20:33] Evie: "Then I might not have any evidence to lock her up yet."
[20:34] Kapi D. Lucy laughs landing near everyone with a squeak "Heyas so the dancers are dancing but there is no one to dance to. Thats just silly" she smiles wide
[20:34] Chyleste is offline.
[20:35] Packrat: groans slightly. The wound i mostly superficial. She'll have a headache for a while. Her eyes are still squeezed shut, and the cuffs firmly in place. It's bleeding, but it's bleeding like a headwound, which means it looks worse than it is.
[20:35] Evie noticed her voice echo when she called for a PTV, but hasn't yet figured out what it was. She was more focused on Mark at the moment.
[20:35] Mark Blake sighs and growls " just ..just make sure i get it back " he shoves pack rat into evies arms and and smiles hugely as lucy comes up " lucy!! sorry, just had to get back something of mine " he reaches over and slides the key chain into evies pocket "
[20:35] Packrat: "You... just had... to fucking.. touch me...."
[20:36] Lexus Regal (darkcascade) is online.
[20:36] Mark Blake: " so what did you do today?"
[20:37] Packrat: "Where'd you get the rope Candy Ass? Bug lady leftover?"
[20:37] MSM Handcuff (r forearm): @remoutfit=y,addoutfit=y
[20:37] MSM Handcuff (r forearm): @tplm=y,tploc=y,tplure=y,sittp=y,sendim=y,recvim=y,showworldmap=y,showminimap=y,showloc=y,shownames=y,showinv=y,viewnote=y,viewscript=y,viewtexture=y,fly=y,fartouch=y,edit=y,rez=y
[20:37] MSM Handcuff (r forearm): @version=427235392
[20:38] Evie takes the keychain, and decides the head wound isn't too much to worry about. She looks at the hole and tentatively tries putting just her hand through it, if it goes in, otherwise just touching the inked over bricks. "Never you mind," she answers. "I'm just full of surprises." A Prisoner Transport Vehicle pulls up.
[20:38] Kapi D. Lucy tilts her head confused. She smiles seeing Mark and Evie "Oh its you! Is there someone who needs punching?" she grins
[20:39] Packrat: The hole is paint, and glass. Her hand touches a black painted wall. "Nevermmind.. she says. Gave me a concussion and she says nevermind."
[20:40] Evie: "I'm still healing from the one I got two nights ago. Don't worry. We got a nice dispensary at the station. The nurse'll look you over. Mind getting in the vehicle?" Two Protectorate officers get out and up up the rear hold.
[20:40] Mark Blake smiles " nah i think if ya punched this one she'd break in half..i just had to get back something she took from me"
[20:41] Evie tries to help Protectorate up and guide her up the ramp.
[20:41] Evie: "Rei... I know you're not Protectorate or anything, but can you come with us?"
[20:42] Packrat: half pushes herself to her feet. With Evie's help she gets onto the ramp. Though she opened her eyes and squinted toward the hole.
[20:42] Evie: "Oh, hi Lucy."
[20:42] Rei makes her way over to Evie, "What can I do to help?"
[20:42] Packrat: One of the other ink bombs had broken when she fell, she had black on her shoulder and chest.
[20:44] Evie helps Rei into the transport and sits her down. She pokes her head back out and calls, "Anyone else want a ride to the station?" She looks at Luci and Mark.
[20:45] Kapi D. Lucy Lucy lights up "ooooo I wanna ride. Can I ride?" she bounces excited
[20:45] Mark Blake shakes his head " nah , im going back to my drink i think " grins slightly then sighs as lucy asks for the ride " aww darn i was hoping you were dancing as well , lucy"
[20:46] Rowen (kiyoshimasaru) is online.
[20:46] Evie says, "Sure hop in, Lucy."
[20:47] Kapi D. Lucy smiles and stretches her arms gripping the roof and pulling herself up laughing "Yay! Lets go!"
[20:48] Bullet Theory Cuffs: This is a given away pair of cuffs. These will not work. Delete these.
[20:48] Mark Blake spreads his hands and tags along
[20:49] Packrat: "Greeeat... it's a fuckin' party...."
[20:50] Hannah DuMont (hannahyagami): Packrat can room with Boundary :D
[20:50] Evie sits back down and says to Rei, "Hold on to her tight, Rei." She calls to the two Protectorate officers to go and they shut the door.
[20:51] Mark Blake grins evilly and pokes pack rat " it ain't a party yet.. nobody's singing" he pokes her again
[20:51] Rei nods to Evie, remaining where she is beside Packrat. She has a suprisingly strong grip.
[20:52] Kapi D. Lucy hangs on to the roof with a wide smiule "LETS GO!"
[20:52] Packrat: shifts uncomfortably. With her hands behind her back she can't access her backpack. And since miss candy ass cuffed her before she could take off her backpack, the pack is still there, with several ink bombs on her shoulder. "What? Afraid I'm gonna... fall?" She tries to stand up before Rei can grab her, grunting at the unnatural grip on her arm and going back to trying to be comfortable. "Fuck you too..."
[20:53] Hannah DuMont (hannahyagami): (( oh Boundary would love her ))
[20:53] Evie rolls her eyes as Packrat tries to get away. The PTV arrives at the Protectorate building with no hitches other than possibly Lucy falling off the vehicle.
[20:55] Kapi D. Lucy laughs easily keeping hold of the vehicle. SHe follows Evie into the building "That was so fun!"
[20:55] Mark Blake: (( i seem to be traped behind bars ;,;))
[20:55] Plasma portal (Rectangular): Gynoid Amaterasu is at the portal.
[20:56] Evie stops upstairs to fill out a little bit of paperwork while the guards have little difficulty getting Packrat processed, her backpack stored in evidence.
[20:56] Plasma portal (Rectangular): hannahyagami Resident is at the portal.
[20:57] Mark Blake grunts and follows along again, reaching into a pocket and pulling out some beef jerky " not sure why were all spectating, but any one want some?"
[20:57] Packrat: grumbles something about time limits and couldn't they just hurry it up. She rolls her eyes at the guards taking her cuffs off, then protests at them taking her backpack. "Hey!"
[20:58] Evie: "Okay, who wants to interogate with me?"
[20:58] Boundary perks up from her bed as Evie and others go by. Oh does this mean I dont get the best service now? Hey I dont need to share my fucking cell with anyone do I?
[20:59] [Arch] Leather Cuffs MAIN (r forearm): [?] Checking for RLV capable browser...
[20:59] [Arch] Leather Cuffs MAIN (r forearm): @versionnew=1518390282
[20:59] [Arch] Leather Cuffs MAIN (r forearm): [-] RLV capable browser not found.
[20:59] Kapi D. Lucy bounces following Evie "Oh oh ojh I'll do it!"
[20:59] Evie says to Boundary, "Not yet, Sherry. You don't want a roommate, do you? Rei, you wanna be good cop or bad cop?"
[20:59] Evie: "Okay, Lucy, do you wanna be good cop or bad cop?"
[21:00] Packrat: "Oh come ON.... You all... seriously fucking -suck-."
[21:00] Kapi D. Lucy titls her head "Um Can I be punch cop?"
[21:00] Rei shakes her head, "I'm just here to observe."
[21:00] Taiyo (gynoid.amaterasu): (( Going to have to go soon. ))
[21:01] Evie opens the cell door and tries to lay a hand on Packrat. She says politely, "Would you come this way, please?" trying to lead her to the interrogation room.
[21:01] Plasma portal (Rectangular): beverlox Resident is at the portal.
[21:01] Packrat: "First off. You -said- That one isn't protectorate. And what the fuck are you asking a stripper for?"
[21:01] Mark Blake grins " we ain't the one behind bars though, yeah?"
[21:02] Packrat: "Yanno... I'd really rather -not- go into a room alone with people. Bad vibes and all that."
[21:02] Evie: "They're both strippers actually. Would you prefer Mark? I normally won't interogate without one other person with me."
[21:03] Mark Blake grins his gems winking at her from under his bangs " ohh punch cop sounds fun .."
[21:03] Evie tugs on Packrat. "This way."
[21:03] Kapi D. Lucy frowns "I promise I wont punch unless she starts it Evie"
[21:03] Packrat: "All points considered. If I -have- to be questioned, I don't care as long as they're cops. If you're gonna question me, and arrest me, at least have the decency to make sure you're not bringing in non-officers and breaking all the protocol laws and shit."
[21:04] Evie sighs. "Very well. Lucy, I deputize you as a legitimate member of the Protectorate now. You already have a com, right?"
[21:04] Kapi D. Lucy pouts "Hey I am a honorable member. I have a meat ordering comm and everything. Even helped Hellguard"
[21:05] RLV Interrogation Chair: Setting time penalty to: 30.0 minutes
[21:05] Packrat: just looks at the woman like she's both insane, and rude.
[21:05] Evie leads Packrat to the chair on the far side and says, "Please sit," then sits at one on the other side herself. "Come in and close the door, Lucy."
[21:06] Mark Blake shrugs his shoulders and hangs around out side and eaves drops munchinghis jerky
[21:06] Evie: "Well, now you're an actual member, Lucy. I'll get you am arm band when we go back upstairs."
[21:06] Kapi D. Lucy bounces excited with squeaks. SHe immediately stands serious though closing the door and trying to behave herself for her friend. Though she bounces on her feet nervous and excited causing a squeak with each bounce
[21:07] Packrat: "Fucking... seriously... " The girl throws her head back, leaning back to stare up at the roof. "Deputizing people just to talk to me. Gods..." Hr eyes squint shut. "Fuck... my... head..."
[21:08] Evie: "Want some aspirin? I'll get you some as soon as you're done. First question. Why is Mikoto so deathly afraid of you?"
[21:08] Packrat: "Nice carrot. I don't know who Mikoto is."
[21:08] Packrat: continues to squint at the roof. "What's a Mikoto?"
[21:09] Evie: "She's the one who tells me I should lock you up and throw away the key. Seems like you and she go way back to when she just worked in a computer store."
[21:09] Kapi D. Lucy sniffs smelling meat. She stretches her arm out through the bars and snatches Marks jerky as she watches
[21:10] Packrat: "No idea... I don't know anyone named Mikoto." Not a lie, she sounds bored.
[21:11] Evie: "Mikoto Takamachi. Alright, if you don't know her. What can you tell me about the wallets I picked up in the sewer grate that our forensics team is looking over right now?"
[21:12] Packrat: "That you're wasting your time trying to track down perverts using wallets from a sewer grate."
[21:12] Mark Blake gasps as his jerky is snaged " hey!! " he licks his lips enjoying the remaining flavor
[21:13] Evie sighs. "You'd do well to tell the truth, that way I 'd at least have a reason to go lenient on you. How did Mark's keychain get on your backpack?"
[21:13] Packrat: "Oh... and one of them is owned by some guy named Mark. Sounds like a nincompoop."
[21:13] Packrat: "It magically appeared out of thin air. And I thought it went with the whole 'bad ass bitch from the underground' theme I've got going on."
[21:14] Evie: "What made it magically appear from thin air?"
[21:14] Kapi D. Lucy retracts her hand and munches on the jerky "Mmm finally. I knew he was holding out meat on me" she smiles and holds it out to Packrat "Want some? Im sure he has more I can get. He always tries to sneak meat past me"
[21:14] Packrat: "Oh... and the key that was on that chain is -probably- in about two feet of rotten street water and jizz."
[21:15] Packrat: sits her head up to look at the jerky. "No thanks."
[21:15] Packrat: She deftly ignored the question of 'how'.
[21:15] Mark Blake shouts at the door " ya better hope not.. cause if i can't find the key ta my baby ,im coming back here and ya gonna have a bad time!!"
[21:16] Evie: "Tell me how you do that trick with the ink. Is it special magical ink, or is it a power you have that you can do with any ink? Does it have to be ink?"
[21:16] Jadon Rosekin (rosekin1982) is online.
[21:17] Packrat: "I told you the other day. It's ink that I make. It's paint and ink blended together and made from charcoal. There's nothing special about the ink."
[21:18] Evie: "So you can do the trick with any ink or paint?"
[21:18] Kapi D. Lucy smiles and takes a seat on the table leaning forward and examining the girl "Heya Im Lucy. Im a rubbergirl! SO are you a ink girl?"
[21:21] Packrat: "Pretty much. It just has to be black." She jolts, leaning back from Lucy. "Yeah... nice t'meetcha."
[21:21] Packrat: "Hey... I can show ya a trick if you undo my cuffs and loan me that hat."
[21:22] Evie: "And how exactly do you steal things so easily? Mikoto seems to think you can steal just about anything from anywhere as long as it fits in your bag. Does she have it right? What if it were something living?"
[21:23] Packrat: rolls her eyes at the questions. "Dunno where they get that idea. Sounds made up."
[21:23] Evie taps her foot impatiently. "How much time do you want to spend here senying it?"
[21:25] Packrat: peers around Lucy to Evie with a self-satisfied smirk. "Not my fault that it sounds made up that someone could steal -anything- from -anywhere-."
[21:25] Packrat: "I mean... what kinda world would we be in where absolutely nothing was safe. But if someone finds all the lost items. That's not really a crime. And people lose their shit -all- the time."
[21:26] Kapi D. Lucy leans forward studying Packrat "Hmnmm you're lying. Also no one is allowed to touch my hat. Or I will have to hurt them" she nods
[21:26] Packrat: "Hand to the aliens on darmock nine. I won't touch the hat."
[21:28] Rowen (kiyoshimasaru) is offline.
[21:28] Packrat: She smiles adorably at Lucy. "But if you undo my cuffs, and hold the hat out to me. I can show you a really neat trick."
[21:28] Pyris floats out of the elevator, having gotten the note that the inteogation cell was being used. As he emerges from the elevator he discreetly reaches down to tug at the waist of his new undersuit, dealing with the fact it didn't quite fit right yet..which irritated his 'guests' However he pauses mid scratch when he notices Mark, to whom he offers a wave and a "Err..yo.. how'd you get down here?"
[21:29] Evie: "There's a difference between stuff getting lost and being stolen. Doe instance, I know for a fact that I did not lose or drop my wallet the other day, yet immediately after being near you, it turns up missing." Evie pauses dramatically, ignoring the ruse to Lucy, and then says, " But you and I both know it only sounds made up, don't we. Here's how this is going to work..."
[21:30] Packrat: "Are you -sure- you didn't drop it? People drop their wallets all the time."
[21:30] Evie: "I can charge you with a misdemeanor for petty theft and assess a penalty. I can choose full restitution for everything you've allegedly stolen, plus community service, plus fines, for instance. Or, you can decline my judgement and instead wwait for trial...."
[21:31] Kapi D. Lucy looks at Packrat with a serious gaze "You are lying. I can tell."She nods and looks to Evie "Can I punch her?"
[21:32] Mark Blake shrugs and grins" came with evie.. how about you?"
[21:33] Packrat: looks at Evie. "See. The nice thing about being homeless... you're not actually on record anywhere. The nice thing about being homeless in Celestial City? As long as you can avoid the creeps, assholes, and every cock in the entire city and wastelands. You're pretty much safe."
[21:33] Evie says to Lucy, "Not while she's a prisoner down here unless she does something that really warrants punching." She says to Packrat, "I wouldn't recommend that later part. Our new mayor is trying to get things rolling with the new justice system, but at least as long as I know, waiting for a trail has always been somewhat of a slow purpose. There is a third option though.... but it does require I get a little bit of truth from you."
[21:34] Evie: "Hmm... I guess the nice thing about you being homeless... wait... you're not homeless... you said your monkey was at home."
[21:34] Devlin2477 Quixote is online.
[21:34] Packrat: "Underpasses count as home in this case. And believe me. I wish the little shit was here." She eyes Lucy at the punch comment and leans back.
[21:35] RLV Interrogation Chair whispers: Releasing Asrya Amaterasu.
[21:35] Kapi D. Lucy sighs and nods watching the woman "fine no punching. But still dont like her"
[21:35] Packrat: "Yeah well, not a real fan of you either. So we're even." She sighs.
[21:36] Evie: "Can you steal live things with that power of yours? Is that how you got the monkey in the first place?"
[21:38] Mark Blake frowns as he listens his fingers twitching slightly as he hears the exchange between lucy and packrat
[21:38] Packrat: "I didn't steal the monkey." That's probably the first full truth she's said. She leans back again, squinting at the ceiling. "I -rescued- him. He was running away from some bitch in a powdered wig and a dick with a taser. They came out of the media tower screaming about how he needed ot be put down. I grabbed him, went through a pocket hole. And rescued him. He's been with me ever since."
[21:39] Kapi D. Lucy smiles hearing the story and the care in the girls tone as she nods "What is monkeys name?"
[21:39] Evie: "If I made a deal with you to help me rescue something else that was also living... in lieu of all charges you are currently facing... could you do it? How about would you consider doing it?"
[21:39] Pyris blinks a bit and gestures up "Heard the notice, came to check on things.." he said before heading towards the door to peer through the bars.
[21:40] Packrat: "Poor little fuck wouldn't leave my side. He likes people. He's not wild, and I didn't train him to do anything. He legitimately likes the attention people give him. Apparently he was some saturday morning kid's show star when Firefly started the new programming run. His name -used- to be Jack. But if you call him that, he goes apeshit."
[21:41] Packrat: groans lowly. "Look. I didn't steal the monkey. He literally ran into me, grabbed me, and we went through a hole to get away from the crazy asshole with a taser who was gonna kill him. There's video evidence of it!"
[21:42] Kapi D. Lucy nods wanting to meet this monkey as she bounces excitedly "So his name is not jack?"
[21:42] Packrat: "And if you're trying to rescue something, you should probably start by putting something that belongs to the pet's owner out for them to find. If they got yanked up by some of the sickos out there. You're probably screwed." She looks to Lucy. "Yeah, it's Snot Jack now. He likes it."
[21:44] Evie nods and says to Lucy. "Exactly. His name is Snot Jack." Turning back to Packrat, Evie says, "I don't think you're understanding me." Still eyeing Packrat, Evie says, "Lucy, can you give me some time alone with this person... what -is- your name, by the way?" Evie stands up out of her chair.
[21:45] Packrat: "Apocolyptica."
[21:45] Evie: "Right. May I just call you Apoc?"
[21:45] Kapi D. Lucy nods with a smile "Well. I would like to meet Snot Jack sometime um miss" She looks to Evie and nods "Ok. I dont think she needs punching anyways"
[21:45] Packrat: "Apocolyptika."
[21:45] Packrat: "Yeah.. that's skinda what I prefer."
[21:46] Mark Blake tilts his head and taps pyris ont he shoulder " hey.. so where the book?"
[21:48] Evie nods and says, "Thanks, Lucy", and goes to open the door for her, at which point she sees Pyris. "Oh, hey there, Pyris. What'd they say at the hospital?"
[21:49] Pyris blinks as the door opens, offering a nervous laugh "They...eh.. said I'm fine... a bit of a rash from the spiders, but..." he fails to mention -how- the spiders he tried to tell her about 'hid' from the paramedics. Making him look like a damn crazy infront of them.
[21:49] Kapi D. Lucy gets up and goes towards the exit and walks out
[21:50] Hannah DuMont (hannahyagami): (( thanks for the play. time for sleeps ))
[21:50] Evie says to Pyris, "So you're all good then? No bad effects or anything?"
[21:50] ((Evie OOC: ni ni, Hannah. Thanks for the rp))
[21:50] Asrya (asrya.amaterasu): <<nini!>>
[21:51] Hannah DuMont (hannahyagami) is offline.
[21:51] Pyris: (( nini! ))
[21:52] Pyris gave a sardonic chuckle "None that they could -find-..." he said before feeling 'them' mkae themselves known, causing him to shiver and choose to not mention it further "So..eh.. anything I can do?"
[21:52] Packrat: "Oh hey, it's the glowing guy with the plug in his bum.."
[21:55] Packrat: "Now the party can -really- get started. We have our own rave show."
[21:57] Evie says, "Just stand by and give me a minute with Apoc here." She closes the door, leaving Pyris outside. Moving closer to Apoc, keeping her back to the bars on the door, she ignores Packrat's comment and opens up her coat and then lifts up her chirt exposing her belly. "I need to know under what conditions you are able to steal something living."
[21:58] Pyris gives an unseen frown but nods and deactivates his wings, just standing guard for now. His guests calming down now that they were no longer the subject.
[21:58] Packrat: looks up at the woman, ten acks and turns away from the stripshow. "What the fucking hell?"
[22:00] Packrat: "How about you just put your clothes back on and tell me what the fuck you're on about."
[22:01] Evie closes her eyes for a moment and something, begins to appear on her belly, not that anyone would be able to see it if Packrat herself wasn't looking. Evie puts her hands to the something and pulls it out of her, holding it in her hands as it slowly wiggles about."
[22:01] Evie (beverlox): ((rezzed on table, but she's holding it in her hands))
[22:01] Packrat: 's eyes go wide a fucking dinner plates. "GET ME THE FUCK OUT OF HERE RIGHT THE FUCK NOW!"
[22:02] Packrat: begins actively trying to get out of the cuffs, and if she wasn't secured -to- the chair, will knock the chair over in her attempt to put distance between herself and Evie. "GUARDS!"
[22:02] Mark Blake head snaps up and he moves towards the door " you guys all right in there?"
[22:02] Evie: "Please, stop it. Just tell me what I need to know. There is one of these being held prisoner somewhere against its will. Probably being experimented on and tortured. This is a sentient being. I need the other one rescued."
[22:03] Evie calls, "We;re fine, Mark."
[22:03] Packrat: "FUCKING LYING ASS BITCH!" Apoc is well, and truly, panicked at this point and has managed to knock the chair over, trip backwards and cram herself into the corner.
[22:05] Evie sighs as she puts her symbiote back inside herself. As if Packrat wasn't refusing, Evie keeps talking, saying, "The other one might actually be bigger... in fact it probably will be, since it'll probably have around twenty more of these inside it... but it's not going to be twenty times bigger."
[22:05] Pyris moves to block Mark "Err.. no go dude. Evie wants Privacy.. even if it does sound..bad.."
[22:06] Evie: "They can actually vary themselves in size throughout the day, depending on... I don't know what it depends on. I gess their whim."
[22:07] Packrat: is just -staring- at Evie. "Fuck. Your. SHIT. WOULD One of you GENTLEMEN get your ass IN HERE!" She's shaking, pretty badly, and just staring at Evie in what can really only be described as abject horror.
[22:07] Mark Blake frowns and moves closer towards the door he grunts as pyris moves between him and the door " you don't wana be standing between me and a friend buddy "evie you have till the count of 5 ta let me know why i shouldn't force my way into that room and run rough shod over any thing dat gets in my way" he reaches into a pocker "1"
[22:07] Evie sighs and calls, "Pyris, will you come in please."
[22:07] Mark Blake: ((pocket))
[22:08] Evie: "Mark, chill yourself."
[22:08] Pyris pushes himself in Mark's way, full guard mode at this point "I don't care, Miss Evie said to keep others out an-" he cuts off hearing Evie, who he would turn around to head to the door. Shooting Mark a 'Watching you' gesture as he keys in the code and tries to quickly slip in the room.
[22:09] Evie sits back down and says, "Please, have a seat Miss Apoc. We're almost done here."
[22:10] Mark Blake pulls out a pocket knife and is about to say two despite evies words when pyris turns to go into the room he frowns and waits a frown on his face
[22:10] Packrat: "Fuck fuck fuck.. just fucking. FUCK! Hell to the fucking -no-. I'll be as FAR away from that shit as possible!"
[22:11] Packrat: scrambles back up to her feet, and if there was somewhere to run, she'd be trying it.
[22:12] Pyris secures the door before turning to face Evie and the detainee. "Alright, What can I help you with Boss?" he asked. Shifting from foot to foot briefly as if he had an itch.
[22:14] Packrat: "Getting me the hell out of here would be fan-fucking-tastic glowbug!"
[22:14] Evie sighs and says, "Oh, please. Have a seat. There's no where to run, and obviously if I'd meant to do something unseemly to you, I already would have. So tell me... you obviously put together a lot of time to fill all thouse little items of yours with ink and whatnot... collected marbles, etc.... how much is all that stuff worth to you?"
[22:15] Evie: "I think it should be held as part of your restitution." In reality, Evie wasn't really trying to bargain now, but just trying to find out from Packrat's reaction, whether there really was anything special about the backpack or the items in the backpack or not.
[22:16] Packrat: "Worthless. No one gives a shit about the shit I keep. they're worthless little things I keep when people lose them."
[22:18] Evie: "So you're saying that when you steal say three or eight wallets from a group of people all at the same time, while say, they happen to be watching a monkey dance... that you didn't really steal them. They just all happened to lose them at the same time..."
[22:18] Mark Blake yells at the door " bs!! dat key chain was the world ta me!!"
[22:19] Packrat: "Ask around. No one's bitching about losing some marbles. Or rocks. They're not complaining about books, or snack cakes. They don't give a -shit- about anyting. Money? They can get more of it. They get their pictures and their credit cards and all that... they don't care about money and trinkets." She rolls her eyes at Mark's yell.
[22:19] Evie says, "Pyris... you're sort of a math wiz... what exactly are the odds of that would you say?"
[22:22] Pyris hrrms softly, thinking it over "Well. If that is the case, then the value of what she had would likely be of a more sentimental nature." Booyah, psychology class kicking in "But for a vagrant the space they take up for someone who has little room would imply value." he gestured idly "Err...if thats what you were referring to."
[22:23] Packrat: rolls her eyes. "The odds of everyone losing their wallets at the same time. She's trying to use maths to trip me up in a lie. Except, the thing is I didn't steal their wallets. Found 'em. In my bag."
[22:24] Packrat: "I -find- lots of things in my bag. and in my hat, and in my pockets. It's always right there when I need it."
[22:24] Evie facepalms, but then realizes that actually, Pyris had a good observation there. She thinks about that, but says, "I mean what are the chances of 8 people just ... yeah... what she said." Then Evie turns back to Packrat and says, "Do you ever find anything live in it?"
[22:25] Packrat: shudders. "Drop the charges. I'll show you what I can, and can't, find."
[22:25] Evie: "Meaning what?"
[22:27] Packrat: "Meaning that's my answer to your deal. To your -request-." She shudders again. "Drop all charges. And I'll -show- you what I can, and can't, -find-. Stealing gets me locked up. -Finding- things doesn't."
[22:28] Pyris comments as he thinks it over, his issue last night still messing with him "As for odds of eight wallets to simply be misplaced and found.. that would be... " he mutters "Carry the two... to the third power... " and then chirps "9,763,810:1"
[22:29] Packrat: "I wasn't too far off with ten kay to one. Stay in school, kids." She eyes Evie.
[22:29] Evie: "So for clarification, you're saying you'll only 'find' the useless stuff from now on... well, maybe not useless, but of little value, financially or otherwise, to the person who 'lost' them... is that right?"
[22:30] Mark Blake: ((im heading to bed guys))
[22:30] ((Evie OOC: ni ni Allock))
[22:30] Mark Blake grunts and looks at his watch " yeah.. time ta go "
[22:30] Asrya (asrya.amaterasu): <<nini>>
[22:30] Allock (allock123) is offline.
[22:31] Packrat: "If that's how you wanna translate it, but that's not what I said."
[22:34] Pyris shakes his head and gestures with his hands to keep them busy "Then speak plainly. -if- charges are dropped. What will you do?"
[22:36] Evie sighs. "Well, I'm sorry, but I can't drop the charges, especially since I have no idea what you meant. You are charged with twelve counts of misdemeanor theft. It is your right to take it to court if you want. You'll have to wait here in jail until that time. Or since it is not a felony or higher crime, I can give judgement right here nad now. In wich case I will fine you two hundred and forty dollars, plus full restitution of ... I believe the total is about three hundred and seventy dollars. Altogether, correct me if I am wrong, Pyris, that's five hundred and ninety dollars. I'm also adding one hour of community service working in the city park because it could use some help."
[22:38] Packrat: rolls her eyes, then shudders at the vivid memory o f the -thing- "First off. Nothing you pin on me stealing will stick -except- the keychain on the loudmouth. And you caught me with that. But there was no key." the cuffs behind her rattle slightly as she tries to bring her hands up. "My fingerprints are all but mangled. I don't exist in any system. And the only system I -did- exist in... got blown up by a meteor. I gav eup trying to find my own information because I couldn't find it. Your bozos upstairs won't have any better luck."
[22:39] Packrat: "Second off. the best you've got me on is possession of stolen goods, not theft. No fingerprints, no records. You can't -actually- pin anything on me. IF there's anything -anyone- is going to snag my ass on? It's Snotmonkey. And that's because those rubes at Fyrefly are fucknuts who want the monkey back -so they can kill it-."
[22:39] Evie: "You may be right. It's possible a jury won't find you guilty. But you and I both know you did... are you saying your power is something you can't control?"
[22:40] Evie: "Then why not help me with the creature I want to free also?"
[22:41] Pyris clears his throat and corrects "Six-hundred and ten" and crosses his arms over his chest "And as for making charges stick. What would be an explanation that is acceptable for how all that-what creature?" he cuts off, tilting his head.
[22:41] Packrat: "I'm saying. You drop this whole charade of charges. You give me back my shit. And I will -show- you what I can find." She eyes the woman, pointedly. "Because I can't -find- anything living. But I can -find- useful things."
[22:43] Evie sighs as the woman finally says she can't find living things. "It sounds like you're saying you can't control what you find..."
[22:43] Evie: "If that's truly the case, I have a counter offer for you."
[22:43] Packrat: "Oh holy Jefferson Starship." She knocks her head back, then winces as she hits the wall behind her. "Gods... Ow.... Look. Off record?"
[22:44] Packrat: "COMPLETELY off record."
[22:44] Evie: "Fine. Completely off record."
[22:44] Packrat: Through watering eyes she squints at Evie, pulling at her restraints. "Uncuff me."
[22:45] Pyris shivers at seemingly nothing as he listens. Discreetly turning off his helmet's speakers so he could let out the whimper that had been building. For anyone looking at him he would appear to just be observing.
[22:46] Packrat: mutters. "Fucking hell can't get it through people's heads unless you show them every little trick in the book. Art of fucking subtly is dead." She turns around, obviously expecting Evie to uncuff her.
[22:47] Evie looks to Pyris, giving him a look she hoped he'd interpret as Stay alert, but she stands up, digging in her pocket for the key. She was intrigued. She unlocks the cuffs and steps back, against the wall, so Pyris could see also.
[22:48] Packrat: turns around, rubbing her wrists, then rubbing her head. "Okay... look.. I need... a container. A bag, a hat, a helmet, a fucking pocket."
[22:49] Packrat: "Hell... a shoe."
[22:49] Evie looks at Pyris.
[22:49] Evie: "Can we borrow your helmet?"
[22:50] Pyris for all intents and purposes was simply standing as a sentry. However feeling eyes on him he looks around, realizing he wasn't focused. He turns on his helmet's speakers and reluctantly removes his helmet and holds it out. Hoping his guests were settled again "R-right...I better get this back.."
[22:52] DiamondPhoenix1 is online.
[22:52] Packrat: sighs, still looking irritated. She rubs the second sore spot on her head. "I'm not gonna steal your bucket."
[22:52] Evie takes the helmet and hands it to Packrat.
[22:53] Packrat: "We're... about central in the building right? Feels like we're about central in the building. Little off I guess." She takes the helmet. "Tell me something -specific- that you know is in this building. Right now."
[22:53] Packrat: "That someone isn't likely to be using. So. Something of your's, preferably."
[22:54] Nicole (nicole.portola) is offline.
[22:54] Evie: "There's a bag of chocolate peanut butter cups in my desk drawer."
[22:55] Pyris feels like being a little shit so he glances to Evie and gives her a grin. "Evie's spare pair of panties.." then looking to Packrat he asks "Would that work?"
[22:55] Evie: "My what?"
[22:55] Packrat: "Bag of chocolate peanut butter cups it is. And... Evie's panties." She reaches into the helmet, and pulls out... the bag of peanut butter cups.
[22:56] Evie: "Okay. So... now explain to me how if you do this with someone's wallet, it's not stealing."
[22:57] Pyris quirks an eyebrow "You...er.. have more than the one, right?" he asked awkwardly before managing to shake it and just smirk at her again. Figuring it would help lighten the overdark mood.
[22:58] Packrat: "Because no one is using it." She begins pulling pens out of the helmet. Chewed, unchewed, new, familiar, unfamiliar. She starts piling them on the table, as if simply doing so on instinct or boredly. Then, she pulls a wallet. "Feels like this was in a desk drawer."
[22:58] Packrat: "Besides. I leave the wallet. I just keep the cash."
[23:00] Evie: "But what if someone needs the cash? At best, you're likely to make someone miss out on eating all day. Taking their money is still stealing."
[23:00] Packrat: shrugs mildly, dropping the wallet on the table. Then she pulls out an ink bomb.
[23:02] Packrat: "Huh... your evidence locker -is- within range."
[23:02] Evie says, "Stop! Don't move. Alright. You've proved your point. Can I have that ink charcoal thing please? And can Pyris have his helmet back? I've got a third deal...."
[23:02] Pyris blinks, squinting his eyes. Not having his glasses on "Ink charcoal thing, what?" as he walked closer to try and see what was going on. Yanno..and to get his helmet back.
[23:03] Packrat: "I'm not going to use it." She reaches back into the helmet, pulling a second ink bomb out and setting both on the table. "This building's three stories high, and at -least- two stories deep. Plus, from what my senses tell me, there's a fucktonne of cells all around us."
[23:03] Packrat: she casually rollss the helmet across the table back toward Glowbug.
[23:05] Packrat: "If I don't use both of those, in the time limit. I'd be more likely to end up in a cell, your evidence locker, or a locked office than outsisde."
[23:06] Packrat: "Hell... the vents in this place are probably big enough. I could end up stuck in one of those." She looks irritated.
[23:07] Evie blinks, as Packrat reveals another of her powers. "That's interesting," she says, referring to the sensing part. Then she hears Packrat talk about the other effects and her brow furrows. "So what about the fifty eight dollars in your backpack?" she asks.
[23:07] Evie: "Do you have to use that before some time limit?"
[23:07] Pyris catches his helmet and clips it to his waist, before resuming his cross-armed vigil over the encounter.
[23:09] Packrat: "I keep money that people are wasting. All those rich assholes? When they carry that much money, they're not buying groceries. They're buying shit at the mall. That fifty eight? They were gonna use it on strippers. that's why it was all in ones. They're not even decent tippers. They carry wrinkled ones and pretend it' a lot of money."
[23:10] Evie: "You took my money and I was gonna use that on lunch. For me and my fiancé"
[23:10] Packrat: "I have a -really- good throwing arm. I can launch that ink bomb -well- outside of my normal range. Throw one. Drop the other. And I make a hasty retreat from the people who try to kill me, and worse."
[23:11] Packrat: "And you did what instead of buying lunch? Make it together? Found something worthwhile doing together that didn't require money? Know what I used it for? A hotel room so Snot and me weren't sleeping in the cold again." Her tone is bitter and irritated.
[23:12] Packrat: "And laundry."
[23:14] Pyris glances between the pair, eventually settling on Evie as he feels his usts again, a slight wince on his face as he asked "Err.. do you have this under control. I...err.. need to handle something.." ((Gotta break off and get to bed =/))
[23:14] Packrat: "Took our bedding and shit to the laundrymat..." She reaches up, angrily rubbing the knot on the back of her head, and gingerly touching the bandaged spot on the side.
[23:14] Asrya (asrya.amaterasu): <<aww.. nini>>
[23:15] Evie tries to take that in, imaging it, but it just gave her more questions as she remembered the day in the Metabowl. "We actually ended up going hungry." She didn't say the reason they ended up going hungry was because shit kept happeneing and they never did have a chance to accept Mikoto's offer to pay since Evie didn't have her wallet. "Look, stealing is wrong, I need a solution. I can't charge you a fine, because you'll just steal it. How do you suggest I punish you?"
[23:15] ((Evie OOC: yeah, ni ni, Pyris. I didn't expect this to take near ly so long.))
[23:15] Asrya (asrya.amaterasu): >>sorry!>>
[23:15] ((Evie OOC: hehe. Not your fault.))
[23:17] Evie: "What would it take to get you to stop stealing wallets? Or anything that people will miss. And I can assure you, that most people do miss the stuff you're telling yourself they don't."
[23:17] Packrat: "Dunno. Welcome ot the life of a catch-22 like me."
[23:17] Packrat: "But if you want help finding information on your slimy little tentacle friend. I go back to living my life with Snot."
[23:17] Pyris: (( No worries! I'd stick around to play it out if I could, it was fun ))
[23:18] Evie: "How about enrolling at school? I'm on good terms with one of the teachers there and can make sure you get enrolled."
[23:18] ((Evie OOC: I like the new hair))
[23:19] Packrat: "I thought about checking it out. But the last time this place had a school like that. The headmaster was trying to brainwash the students and use them as an evil army."
[23:19] Pyris quickly takes his leave, missing a step and staggering as he gets in the elevator, only to be heard hissing a "Fffffffuckk...." as the door closed. Leaving him isolated with his friends'
[23:21] Evie: "Oh, that must be before the last head mistress, who only tried to brainwash the students for sex. But now there's a new head master who seems on the up and up as far as I can tell. I heard him today at a sort of meet & greet."
[23:22] Packrat: eyes the woman, raising a finger and twirling it in a 'woo hoo' motion.
[23:24] Evie: "How about four hours community service and I make it so I don't have to deal with any more incidents like what happened at the ice cream shop the other day? Also, I don't lose my stuff unless... you know... I actually lose my stuff."
[23:25] Packrat: "I -really- don't like routine. Routine means that the people who -really- don't want me to do things like -breathe- can find me and do the things that make me not breathe." She sighs, picking up a pen and twirling it between her fingers. "Fine..."
[23:26] Packrat: takes the pen cap off and begins drawing those random odd symbols on her thigh. "I find shit for about fifty meters out. I could probably find something linked to your slimy tentacle if you give me the building you think it's in."
[23:27] Harsilius Steam (harsilius) walks into the protectorate office, nodding to some of the nearby officers, waving off others and asssuring them he didn't need any help just yet as he looked around and then walked over to the front office officer and started talking to them.
[23:28] Packrat: "Places like labs? They lose their keycards all the time. Especially when I find out that they have animal experiments going on."
[23:28] Packrat: "It's an -amazing- coincidence."
[23:30] Evie: "I guess that would be something. I am not sure if the other symbiote is being held in the lab underneath the Ex-ex-excelsior or not, but that would be the first place to check. If you can find out for sure whether or not you think it's there, I'd consider your debt repaid."
[23:30] Evie: "Did you uh... know there was a lab underneath the Ex-ex-excelsior? They actually do all kinds of experiments there."
[23:31] Packrat: boredly looks at her thigh, shuddering again. "I knew about the sex slave ring they were running before it got squished."
[23:32] Evie: "So is it a deal? You think you can find out if the other symbiote is being held inside the SE lab?"
[23:33] Packrat: "I don't make pie shell promises. But I'll see what I can hear.... you'd be amazed at how invisible I am without the monkey."
[23:34] Packrat: "Hell.. I'm invisible -with- the monkey."
[23:34] Evie: "Be careful if you mean you'd actually have to go down there; there's guards and force fields and stuff."
[23:35] Evie: "But it's actually the same building as the Ex-ex-excelsior."
[23:35] Evie: "Just a secret elevator that leads to it when you go through the office."
[23:35] Packrat: shrugs, then nods and stands up. She tosses the pen on the table and pick up the two ink bombs. "Kay."
[23:37] Evie: "Right. On these terms, you are hereby released." Evie coms to evidence to release Packrat's bags and contents of the bags, including the $58. It woukd be waiting for Packrat once the two got up the elevtor again. "I'll escort you out."
[23:40] Evie says, "Right. Thanks," as she accepts Packrat's property and hands it to Packrat, all in one clear transparent plastic bag. "Hey there, Hars."
[23:41] Packrat: follows Evie out to get her stuff. At the return, she nods, clips her belt pouches into place, and gives Evie a half-assed salute before heading for the door. Leaving the backpack in the bag for the moment.
[23:41] Evie salutes back, grinning a little.