The (Nearly) Final Hour

This is where you go to get IC news from roleplayed events in Celestial City. Comments MAY be OOC or IC, so please indicate which one. If OOC, put your comments in parentheses (()). If IC, please indicate which character you are doing.
Post Reply
DeuxBlackthorn
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:25 am

The (Nearly) Final Hour

Post by DeuxBlackthorn » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:31 pm

[17:41] Solene get out of the tower, holding a rifle. "What is happening ..?"
[17:41] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) flies in, executing a rather harsh landing, there being a few streets now with scrapes from her boots, being used to landing on ice at high speed and then sliding along for a good while. The ground was a bit less slick and she ground to a halt in front of Protectorate HQ
[17:42] C.E.L.E.S. Valkyrie 1 moves over to Solene " Hello Miss Solene. I'm not sure what's going on.
[17:46] Solene "Why this city can't be normal for once ?! I mean ! Send normal tank, normal troop ! Everything ! But not this shit, bordel de dieu.." She is already pissed off.
[17:51] Crescendo looked to Solene and then the others When jashrax landed" you heros arent going to try to save whatevers doing this right
[17:52] Solene "Depend on how it react.."
[17:52] Goku (llsongokull): ~Benjamin decided it was best to leave it up to the inferno spider; he pushed his body forward, off of the traffic barrier and spun his body 90 degrees, to point his foot to the ground. ''Huf!'' Landing on the ground smoothly, as he went to a dark corner to change into something more suited. ~
[17:52] C.E.L.E.S. Valkyrie 1 moves slightly in front of Solene so that the fox woman could use her for cover " Orders Ma'am? "
[17:54] Lil Vickson (lillianvickson) hangs back just in hearing range, curious what's up.
[17:55] Alicia Frakture walks up."Someone tell me i am on time to punch stuff."
[17:55] Jashrax looks over the people "rejoice, for i am here to join you in your struggle!" the large creature bows a bit "the destruction of the universe will be prevented, there is no other outcome"
[17:56] Lady Nightmare steps out of the Protectorate building with several large holographic screens projected from her tablet showing a map covered in blips, armored figures popping in and out all around her constantly as she gives out assignments to each in turn, then she glances around over those that have gathered, giving a small nod to each "I'm going to give a few more minutes for everyone to arrive before I brief you all... we need some time for the infantry to form a beachhead anyways"
[17:57] Solene look at Valkyrie. "None for the moment.." She look up, then back at the people present. She look toward Nightmare when she approach, and tilt her head.
[17:57] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) licks her lips "wait, the infantry is forming a beach head without heavy operational support? So the enemy is letting them set up a beach head or..."
[17:58] Crescendo: Or some beach is getting an std
[17:58] C.E.L.E.S. Valkyrie 1 looks to Solene and lowwers her voice "Ma'am. my sensors are detecting similarities between this dragon and Mister Jaron. I believe that he may be telling the truth "
[18:00] Byron has been able to recover his energy over the weeks but still had a bit to go. The last big battle caused him to reach a new limit he never thought he'd reach. That can take a toll on the human body Now after a least a moment of peace, the sky is red, the city is shrouded in fog. He can feel the darkness all around. Looks like it was time to investigate whatever it was. His spirit companion, Kuma always by his side. No one can see him unless he makes himself visible or they can see aura and spirit energy. As usual, seems like the city's metas gathered together to tackle it, but among them was a very familiar face, he hasn't seen in a while. He approaches Rain, "Well, where you been hiding?"
[18:00] Lady Nightmare smiles at Hell "Don't worry, they have lots of support... but this team is gonna need to be fresh when you hit the dirt" the constant flitter of figures around her not letting up at all... whatever is going on, it appears to be a full-scale military operation
[18:00] Alicia Frakture looks at Lady N."gimme bad guys, just got this new outfit, feels weird not splattered with the blood of my enemies."
[18:01] Lil Vickson (lillianvickson) shakes her head. Metas get so overconfident. It almost reminds her of someone that she can't name.
[18:02] Rain's spines vibrated constantly as she made outlines for the auras she could see, her own aura was a very intimidating presence that would make any normal person want to crawl away only to come back to try and pick a fight... A very inconvenient thing, but she dealt with it by being as sweet as possible! She waved at Alicia, then looked at Byron and offered her claw to scritch at Kumas ears gently, "I been around, mostly avoiding large crowds. How have you been?" She assumed everyone could see the ghostly bear, though it didnt have a solid outline!
[18:02] Solene balance on her foot. "What sort of enemy exactly ?"
[18:06] Crescendo: the kind that spills toxic waste on the forest animals..the bears den I found.
[18:08] Lady Nightmare steps closer towards the group as the swarm around her begins to thin out finally "Alright everyone, we're gonna get started. Try to listen up, we don't have much time. The work of the cult we've been dealing with has reached its culmination tonight, and this is our one and only chance to stop it before an entire dimension of all-powerful beings spill into our world. There are numerous teams on the ground, but yours is going to be the key to the whole operation. You need to move into the ritual area, find 3 items of power that are focusing the energy, and destroy them."
[18:09] Lil Vickson (lillianvickson) crosses her arms, "So Extra-Dimensional invasion? Netherworld, I presume?"
[18:09] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) slowly nods and licks her lips "so firstly, what are the items looking like and secondly why three? Are there only three or is there some de-stabilization calculation that three fits into?" she asks, none the less prepping to fly out there
[18:11] Crescendo: I suggest Rain for destruction squad captain. . Be glad this isnt The Fifth Element and we have five
[18:11] Alicia Frakture nods as she waves to rain before looks back to Lady N. "Did I hear destruction?'
[18:11] C.E.L.E.S. Valkyrie 1 raises a hand wanting to ask a question.
[18:12] Jashrax is quite charged and may end up shocking anyone that touches him, he turns to look at the blue one behind him before looking bac forward, listening
[18:12] Byron watches as Kuma leans into the scratching, chortling in response. "I've been fine," he said. "Recovering since the last attack. Guess that same cult is stirring up trouble. Actually destroyed one of those monsters last time, saved the city.. but I paid a price for it. Not fully recovered where power is concerned. If I'm lucky I can power up during whatever is coming."
[18:14] Solene continue to look at Nightmare.
[18:15] C.E.L.E.S. Valkyrie 1 looks back and forth between Solene and Nightmare, seeming to address the question to both of them. " Is the use of tactical grade equipment authorized on this mission? "
[18:15] Rain smiled as she seemingly sritched air, "Might want to charge up now then.... Why am i being nominated? Oh right..." She giggled a little bit and turned to face Lady N, "More then happy to destroy stuff for the city Mayor Lady."
[18:15] Goku (llsongokull): ~After completely changing his look, the inferno shoot a thread of web, to swing himself to where all the commotion was at; leaping down into the group of interesting individuals. ''Let me guess... another mental guy trying to seize the world again...?'' He said, in a sarcastic tone.~
[18:16] Crescendo: no. Lisa lampinelli is having that time of the month. Look at the sky
[18:17] Lady Nightmare chuckles "Not quite netherworld... demons and their ilk would be much simpler to deal with than these things" then glances back to Hell "There are 3 total. They're rather noticeable, from what I've been hearing from people in the field." then she looks back to the others to address all the questions at once "All equipment is authorized, lethal force is authorized freely. This is an ELT... not the time to hold back or worry about minor matters. Anyone you encounter out there that isn't part of the city is an enemy, end of story"
[18:19] Alicia Frakture steps off and grabs her axe, returning fast."Magic words. I am ready to go, and If it's okay I wanna fight with her."Pointing to rain."
[18:20] Crescendo: I am with you. Hearty warriors need a bard..I want to ride the dragon...
[18:20] Solene look toward Valkyrie, and nod. "Feel free to use what's needed in this case." She sniff, and look back at Nightmare.
[18:21] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) nods "I'm guessing this is weapons free. Alright, well, demons are easy to anticipate but everything fights like a demon in one way or another"
[18:22] Jashrax looks to crescendo "i will suggest against that unless you want to be fried to a crisp"
[18:22] Goku (llsongokull): ~Inferno looked up, noticing a humongous dragon in the center of the street. ''Is that... an actual dragon? actually never mind I seen weirder things then this. For peep sake were fighting demons.'' He said, worried about his situation yet, looks like he didn't have much of a choice. ~
[18:22] Lil Vickson (lillianvickson) growls softly as she remembers that her battlesuit is still being repaired. Wait - Equipment! She raises a hand, "Any chance you have more assault vehicles than pilots? I learn VERY quickly!"
[18:25] Solene look away and mumble some words.
[18:27] Lady Nightmare glances back at Lil "I'm sure we have something on hand" one of her agents appearing right next to Lil a moment later to discuss the type of gear she's familiar with, then a few seconds after that another one appears next to her, covered in slimy smelly black blood. She calls out "Ma'am, we've secured an internal perimeter. It's not much, but things are a mess out there. Ready to deploy on your order"
[18:28] Byron nods at Rain. "I'll try," he said. "And if we're splititng up, guess you and I can team up like old times." Kuma roars at the idea. Meanwhile near them sat a black limo. Back window rolled down as cigar smoke leaked out. A large man sat inside, black shades covering his eyes. Next to him was his secretary and across from them, his lawyer. "Never a dull moment in this city," he said. "What would you like to do sir?" asked his secretary. "Nothing. Can't play god with these... heroes. I got my own plans and one day, I'll be able to grab this city by the throat and crush. For now.. babysteps. Patience is key and we need to rebuild." She nods and sits quietly, looking out the window at the red skies. His lawyer then spoke up. "I think I know just where we can start..." The window rolls up as the limo drives away from the scene.
[18:32] Crescendo: Ive handled electricty before. We might make a good rock album cover
[18:33] Jashrax: very well, but it is your funeral if you dont survive
[18:35] Lady Nightmare glances between those gathered and makes a quick decision "Alicia, this is your sort of op... this is your tribe tonight. Hell, back her up for me. Time for me to go get to work on my part of this... good luck to you all" then she looks to the blood-soaked figure "Wait about 5 minutes, then deploy them at the clearest zone" after which she vanishes
[18:36] Crescendo floated up and sat right on Jashrax's neck, electricity could flow over her as thretened but she pulled her axe up and held it high like on an ac/dc cover " For those about to rock, we salute you!"
[18:37] Goku (llsongokull): ~Inferno was casually observing around. ''I wonder... how strong are these demons, do anyone have experience fighting them? any weakness ya know? '' He said out loud, hopefully someone would respond to him, so that he can get a clear idea how strong these foes are. ~
[18:38] Jashrax totally does a pose with a roar as she climbs up and does that, adding electrical arcs shooting between his wings and horns
[18:38] Rain was ready to go and simply stood there waiting as patiently as she could as she continued to pet Kuma! "Are we flying or teleporting again..."
[18:39] Crescendo lets out a loud cry, sounding like a powerful crack of thunder
[18:40] Lil Vickson (lillianvickson) sighs at the posers while she goes over her experiences with common ground vehicles, jet fighters, a space shuttle and full proficiency with jet packs.
[18:40] Solene "Hmm.. " She give a glance at Valkyrie, and start to climb her, to sit on her left shoulder.
[18:40] Byron answers while Kuma continued to take advantage of the attention being shown him. "Well can hit them hard," he said. "Use some light... better hope you get one that's weak against your kind of power. Based on my experience. They are not pushovers and usually followed by a god of sorts.. try to save your energy if you can."
[18:41] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) licks her lips and nods "ready when you are. Let's show them what for"
[18:41] Alter Mercury seemed tense and ready to fight in an instant, the others becoming restless did not help in that matter and while fear is not something she had, she felt nervous as whatever would go down would end up being her first true fight with something other than another like herself. She still did not know the target but it seemed like they were all gathered because something was going to happen.
[18:42] Scene: The guard steps forward after a couple minutes, gathering everyone close together for the group teleport ((Alexandra, hop in after Jashrax, wasn't sure if you were just observing))
[18:43] Alicia Frakture smirks at inferno."They look good when ya tear them apart, before her jaw drops hearing N's decision."They're already my tribe, as are you. She looked at everyone." Normally I am all for diving in and cutting and tearing my way out. Those of you who can work with that ort of thing will take point. Those who fight well from a distance make sure your aim is good. Anyone who has movement abilities. Hit and run. Hit them and get out of reach. You find one of these artifacts... She pauses and looks at N. "I got here late are we playing keep away or destroying these things?"
[18:51] C.E.L.E.S. Valkyrie 1: is very careful not to step on allies
[18:52] Yuri Mihail Conar (yurimconar) shakes his head "And what did you humans summon up this time?" he asked, a tightly woven shroud of flame surrounding him as his armor forms and a weapon is summoned.
[18:55] Scene: As you land from the teleport the air is flooded with a rush of almost deafening sound. All around you see the city's soldiers holding a line against legions of horrors that spread nearly to the horizon, and beyond you can see the explosions of more gunfire where the rest of the military is engaged. Drones swirl through the air raining down lasers, and battlesuits wade through masses of twisted bodies, hurling them like rag dolls. At the center of the area you can faintly see Lady N and a handful of other metas facing off against Fleurdemort directly in a mass of energy and explosions... and in the center you have a small oasis of calm carved out around the 3 altars that are funneling energy into the ritual, while far overhead the sky has already begun to rip open, great tentacles the size of skyscrapers reaching through eagerly
[18:57] Alicia Frakture arrives at the new Location after hearing Lady N. She looks at Rain."If I go down swinging you run things til I get back." She then looks at the dragon and the Mech."Think you two can handle the big one, cause he is yours." She then looks around lets end this fast, Fleuredebitch needs a lesson. Before she heads for the nearest demon thing , her free hand grabbing at it and if successful swinging it around as a bludgeon at the other nearby things.
[18:59] C.E.L.E.S. Valkyrie 1 turns, careful not to step on her allies. She faces the l largest of the assembled creatures She gestures at the massive beast and speaks to Solene " Is that our primary target, or are we going to focus the devices generating the shield ma'
[19:01] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) looks around at the nasty shit show all around her "oh good lord, you all fucked up royally this time" she wasn't exactly speaking to anyone in particular. She drew her blade, halo simmering and seeming to burn off shadows around it as her blade lit up with raw holy energy "I've killed a lot of demons in my time...let's see how this group fares
[19:01] C.E.L.E.S. Valkyrie 1 turns, careful not to step on her allies. She faces the l largest of the assembled creatures She gestures at the massive beast and speaks to Solene " Is that our primary target, or are we going to focus the devices generating the shield ma'am? Also. you might want to wear hearing protection before I fire my primary weapon."
[19:03] Yuri Mihail Conar (yurimconar) didn't let up on the tightly packed burning winds whirling about his form, arms crossing but not touching before his chest. "Sae'kro novar'ah'taen" he spoke, norsrai forming under his feet and and the durai forming before him. Gaining altitude, he gaged the area amidst the chaos. This was no worse than a gate being forced close, but this time he didn't have his men as back-up.
[19:03] Rain was totally looking forward to flying... She hated teleporting! The flashes and the sudden in and out of reality just messed with her hardcore! She had just eaten too so it was most likely going to be a mess when they arrived! As expected she vomitted up her dinner... "BLEARGH! Fuck i hate tele- woooooohooooo!" Her sword was out and her spines were vibrating full tilt as she jumped after Alicia, the impact alone would send tremors through the ground, "Right! I got your back!" Her sword was still blunt, so it was like she was swinging around a bat with sixty tons of force behind it, merely aiming for the nearest demonic thing! The scene itself seemed to blur around her in slow motion from all the information she was picking up.
[19:04] Crescendo was teleported right off Jashrax and put her axe back. She began to sing" Burning fires, burning lives- On the long distant roads. Through the lost mountains endless, So far away from home. Crossing battles savage seas towards the mountains high ,Forest plains of wilderness we're striking out tonight. On towards our destiny we travel far and wide, Journey through the darkness as your hearts refuse to die" the music of guitars and drums amping up and the subsonics intended to raise confidence and push them to their best, sound filling the area.. its not like she was giving away position " In the flames of hell we fire at will the fires of doom has come. With the forces of the blackest knights they're staring at the sun. Far across the distant plains of ice we're searching for the sword. When the time has come for the battle now we follow with the horde. We will ride with fire burning hot towards the night sky"
[19:05] Solene remain on Valkyrie left shoulder as they get teleported. She shake her head, and look at the whole situation, as she put her noise cancelation plug. "Alright.. we will focus the enemy. Aim at the biggest, i'm going to take care of the smaller one." She load her weapon, and sit correctly, resting her weapon in a correct position to open fire.
[19:06] Byron finds himself being teleported along with the others and instantly treated a a chaotic scene of war and violence. On top of that, the giant mass of tentacles begin to form above them. Kuma roars loudly. "I know buddy," he said. "We got a real fight on our hands. I have enough power to fight, just hope all of it comes back or I can reach that state I was in before." His aura kicks up, appearing as a light small swarm flying around him, like watching fireflies around him. He closes his fist, power surging through his body and gathering there. As he did this, he walks over to Rain, placing his free hand on her back as she lost her lunch.
[19:07] Lil Vickson (lillianvickson) takes flight and waves her phone around, "Interesting readings. Psionic interference, tentacles..." She sighs and turns to those nearby, "Anyone read a lot of Lovecraft?" She moves on to scanning the altars that are feeding the energy shield while she considers having sound filters built into her won suit.
[19:11] Alter Mercury wanted to fight but without direction knew not where to start, without anyone really directing her to anything she decided to stick with the Valkyrie for the time being imagineing something of that design and and material didn't have the greatest mobility, which she could help counteract that in her own way of helping where she can. She took a moment to look at the ongoing chaos, what seemed like plasma ballista bolts firing off at high velocity and heavy artillery at the fights going on, the generators keeping the shields going drew her attention, following one to look up where the tentacles were coming in through some form of defense not working right. She still had no damn clue where she was or how she got there but she this was bad shit going down and she was going to have to help however she can.
[19:13] Goku (llsongokull): ~The tall darker male gave some good advice about the demons, however... the female that responded back to him as well. ''Well... guess that answered my question...'' He was a tad terrified of what the women suggestion had to say about the demons; Eventually, he would be sucked into a portal that transports him into an area where hatred, death, wars, floods the air. Inferno was disgusted with the bodies he saw and the brutality these individuals had gotten, it made him sick of seeing this sight... ''Damn... this place looks like a shithole. '' He said, observing more of the revolting region. The battle was raging on, and Inferno was prepared to take these demons out. ''Well, there goes our que!'' He shouted among the individuals that teleported with him. Inferno lifted up his palm and easily generated a fireball as a size of a basketball. He lunges the fireball at one of the nearest demons in his distance. ''Haaah! '' hopefully, it will burn the demon into crisp, even so, he moved onto the next demon,
[19:13] Goku (llsongokull): shooting out a thread of web at the second one feet and hoping to pull the web back to make him fall down harshly on the ground with enough force to shatter the back of his skull. ~
[19:13] Lil Vickson (lillianvickson) takes flight and waves her custom phone around, "Interesting readings. Psionic interference, bio-strangeness, tentacles..." She sighs and turns to those nearby, "Anyone read a lot of Lovecraft?" She moves on to scanning the altars that are feeding the energy shield while she considers having sound filters built into her own suit. It would be very useful in this borrowed one too.
[19:13] Jashrax starts to charge up, electricity arcing off of him during the build up, he turns to the nearby creatures, the electcity charging the air around him before it goes silent and discharges a moment later as he fires a ball of the stuff at the group of creatures, when it hits it swirls around and zaps everything near it and just a moment after that he spreads his wings and blasts off with a sound like a lighning strike as he accelerates incredibly fast for something his size, the ionized air being shot back and leaves a crater in the ground as he flies off to support the troops around the perimeter
[19:23] Scene: Alicia and Rain rush forward at the demons near the first altar, Rain's blade crashing off one of the meaty brutes with a few loud cracks, while Alicia's axe slams into the new scaled creature and bounces off the slick scales with barely a scratch to them. Inferno's fireball flies at the other scaled foe, hissing out on contact with a cloud of steam rising up. The shots being directed out into the swarm blast a few of the smaller foes away from the defensive line, but the great beast in the distance seems unphased by the shot aimed at it as it keeps urging the mindless minions forward. The line of altar defenders swing back at those that have drawn close, moving in and trying to surround them, both the brutes and the lizards attacking with immense force, while the ghostly figure in the center turns to look at you all and grins "We should have listened... the song is so beautiful... you all will hear it soon" drawing a blade which would be very familiar to anyone present during the last event, a blade that in
[19:23] Scene: instantly bursts into brilliant flame as the being lets out a soul-wrenching banshee scream
[19:25] Alter Mercury sighed as she watched all the chaos and destruction, seeing the uncounted pile up of bodies. "This is what it would have looked like if I chose to fight." she said but more to herself, she felt disheartened by it all but she pushes herself to take to a jog as she moves with a practiced grace and agility unusual for something her size, plus the unexpected speed she could run was also abnormal, she moved with quick precision closing in one the creatures attacking the more humane looking fighters, she closed in quick and punched the demon with more force than she intended to where it was thrown back into the shield generator and vaporized. She blinked and and stared a moment "Shit..." she muttered, she now knew why they all needed training to relearn everything they could do. Alter Mercury only moved from one demon to the next delivering unbelieve amounts of force with each hit that even if it did not ouright kill a demon would likely leave them crippled from pain alone, the fact she moved from one to the ne
[19:25] Alter Mercury and doing the amount she was doing in such short a short amount of time would likely make others question if she was even humane still.
[19:27] Alicia Frakture growls as her axe does little damage so she sheathes the axe and grabs the demon trying to sink her fingers in it's eyes, if successfull she begins slamming that demon into any nearby demons. Basically as one person said she was gonna beat mother with another mother fucker.
[19:27] Alicia Frakture: NOW IF ANY OF U SONS
[19:27] Alicia Frakture: OF BITCHES GOT ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY
[19:27] Alicia Frakture: NOW IS THE FUCKING TIME!!!
[19:30] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) sees the sword and lets out a sigh "alright, well, demons and angels, let's do this" she growls and lifts off the ground. She held her blade read, left arm extended as she began firing indiscriminately into the groups of demons near the charging Alicia and Rain, trying to weaken their foes so that they could more effectively yolo rush
[19:32] C.E.L.E.S. Valkyrie 1: " Understood. " She glances to Crecendo and then comments " Beginning Ally assistance routine" At that the device on her shoudler began to ring out loud and clear playing an accompaniment to Crecento's anthem [ https://youtu.be/jJOwDYDAtsM ]. turning to aim her main weapon at the massive beast " Probability of mission hindrance: ZERO PERCENT" she says and the main cannon on her shoulder roars to life firing plasma-encased shells at the massive beast.
[19:35] Rain countered the swing from the brute with her massive fist! She had to do something a little different, "Hey Alicia!" She ducked under another Brute, "Guess what?!" Her sword was doing nothing against the tough hides of the brutes, but her claw snapped open as her sword wheeled through the air, grabbed it and kicked the brute as hard as she could to try and make it stumble even a little bit! She was doing well so far but she had to step her game up a tiny bit, "Did you know i'm left handed? Funny right?" Her massive arm bulged as she swung the sword at the brute, it made a loud whistling noise as it tried to break the laws of physics on this planet and failed.... But would her sword cut through the brutish monster?
[19:36] Crescendo raise her arms and pointed a hand to the opposing forces as she synced up with Celes. As she did a funnel formed by her mouth as she fired a beam od soundwaves with destructive force, sections of it splitting from the sides and creating 'shards' of the sharp collected wound waves strafing it through a section of the enemy intended to kill all of those she aimed for
[19:37] Solene lower her head and open her mouth as Valkyrie start shot her main cannon. For her part, she start to shot multiple AP rounds at the smaller demon surrounding them. "Bordel.. si j'avais su ce matin.." She growl, as she continue to shoot the wave of enemy.
[19:38] Byron As he focused, Kuma stands guard near him, roaring at the demons. He decided to stick near Rain and Alicia, having a closer bond with the former. His hand ignites with energy. "Show me scissors," he said as the energy started to take shape. "Rock...paper....scissors!" The energy turns into a blade, yellowish orange in color. He uses this as his bladed weapon. Kuma roars in triumph. He launches forward, his feet leave the ground, appearing as if he's climbing a set of invisible stairs. He's briefly side by side with Hell Guard before launching himself from the top of those invisible stairs towards the demon horde near Alicia and Rain. "Kuma," he says midair, his voice coming off like a whispered echo. His companion becomes visible now, attempting to clamp its jaws around the neck of the nearest demon as the duo landed while Byron attempts to slash another in half at the waist.
[19:40] Goku (llsongokull): ~After blasting one of the demon's with his fireball, Inferno leaped fourteen feet up in the air, to hop over the demons that started to reinforce more of them; heading over to the injured soldiers that were ten meters ahead of him. ''Don't worry guys, I got you...'' Whether this was a war or not, Inferno will still help individuals who are in need. He picked one of the injured soldiers onto his shoulder and sprinted his way far back where he could lead the soldier into safety, putting the soldier behind a stone wall, for him to recover the damage he took. ''Stay there... you did what you can do.'' He said, before rushing back into the battlefield. This was actually the first time Inferno experienced something like this... it was quite terrifying, who knew the war was this fucked up, especially when you're in it. Inferno then synchs with Rain's attack as she swung her sword with the demon, Inferno leaped forward from a five-meter distance, and quickly charged a fireball in his left palm and shot it towards
[19:40] Goku (llsongokull): the demon while she has done her mad slicing. ''Did you know, I also beat my meat with my left arm one too!'' He said making a quick funny comment. ~
[19:42] Lil Vickson (lillianvickson) winces at the sword's scream, scans the big guy a moment, activates her defense shield and shouts, "It looks wise to hit the altars harder by attacking them one at a time!" She draws an energy blade and orients toward the nearest altar while taking a slash at a creature of walking insanity between her and it, "Who's coming?"
[19:44] Alter Mercury knew going one to one would only get herself so far, she needed more numbers going down to be effective enough to make sure they win this fight. She looked around a moment and looked down, thinking a moment of how dry and solid the ground seemed over time of lacking energy and nutrients harding the ground to stone, she took a step back and lifted both arms over head with both fists as she drew upon the electrical energy she absorbed earlier to amplify her strength in this case, in which she would slam both hands down into the ground making the land splinter and quake with unexpected force as she proceeds to pry up a massive slab of stone that had to be ten times larger than her own mass, it was enough to make her body flex from the pressure and her veins stood out, a grunt as she was testing her limits and launched the massive slab of stone in one direction that from the size of it and the speed it was thrown it was like a wave of demons were crushed by a rolling boulder or arrowhead... at this rate the
[19:44] Alter Mercury adrenaline is setting in and she felt her anger rise quickly, she tensed and paced in agitation before her arms were thrown to her sides and she echoed out a scream of such force it was more an inhumane roar from very evidently powerful lungs, and the roar would carry a mass distance, she moved now with anger forcing her every action and she would assault any and every demon she could hit, now without mercy, without any hesitation.
[19:54] Scene: The shot fired at the gargantuan beast in the distance again seems to simply absorb into it, but this time there is a response, smaller versions of the giant creature spilling out from the impact point as it uses the energy to spawn more minions. Attacks into the massed force are easily able to cut them down, but it's like emptying the ocean a drop at a time as millions more swarm in, the infantry relying on firepower and mobility to hold the mindless creatures at bay. Alicia is able to grab hold of the scaled creature as the moisture begins to evaporate in the warm air of the wastes, and swinging it into the back of the brute pushes that into the twin blades and fire coming its way, causing it to crumple to the ground, while Byron's leaping slash lands on the other scaled foe, cutting into it slightly now before the scales push the blade back. That creature tries to swing up at Byron with its claws to gore him, while the remaining brute attempts to pummel Rain. The banshee, seeing that its scream seems to h
[19:54] Scene: have had no effect, floats forward towards Inferno, swinging the flaming katana down at him as the heat continues to build
[19:58] Alicia Frakture smiles at rain as she continues her movements."Left handed, that's funny.." Before she hears Lils words."You heard her, trash the altars, turn them to..."Her next words are unspoken as she sees the Banshee move towards inferno, rushing to protect her tribe as she takes the flaming katana shot, her body catching fire easilly from the amount of alcohol in her system she leaps trying to grab and hug the banshee. Successful or not after a minute all that is left of Alicia is a charred barely breathing husk. **Exit post.**
[20:00] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) sees Alicia turn to ash and hears the thing about altars. She looks to the nearest one and charges up a ball of energy, hurling it at the altar. If impacting, it would explode in a large blast, hopefully causing damage to the altar itself as well as anyone in close proximity to it
[20:07] C.E.L.E.S. Valkyrie 1: "weaponry having an undesireable affect on target" Altering tactics " She began to move forward making sure Solene did not fall off and began to turn to the right, the large shield falling to the ground to reveal the second wrist bolter. " Warning to front line combatants!. Shock wave incoming!" With that she takes aim at the closest of the shield generator pillars and raises her arm. With a "BOOM" that seemed to shake the ground she lauched her cannon at the shield puillar then began folliwing up with a stream of fire from all of her onboard weponry.
[20:10] Rain noted the brave little man time his attack with her own, smiled at the comment of his and let loose an earth shaking roar as Alicia turned into a burning husk, now she was mad! The punch from the brute connected with a solid thundering clap, rage was a powerful tool, she'd feel that later... "MOTHER FUCKERS TEAR IN HALF AND FEEL MY WRATH!" Her monstrous arm seemed to bulge further as she swung her sword at the massive brute for maximum force! If the brute was still standing after that then she'd deal with it, otherwise she'd charge willy nilly at the altar and try to smash it with her rage! She was totally oblivious to pain for a very short amount of time, so hopefully she wouldn't just collapse later! ((1/7))
[20:11] Crescendo held her hand up and closed it. The music became more ominous, heavier on drums. "Black tracks, black crows. Feeding on the face of a dear abandoned boy fighting for a taste with the flies. Black chains, black spikes, Hammering the steal and wounds with shit and mud. scabbing into railroad ties. Four! Then twenty blackbirds fall where metal moans and ghanti's curse. Pitch and flail beneath the malls. Strike the furnace, raise the hearse! Again! Pry the belly, hook and nail. First with shovel, then with bone Coal and fire to the whale- Electric Hellroad! ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idg41jBax8Y )" A construct of a fully stocked locomotive with cars formed, crackling with electicity, slamming into the devilish ranks aims for one of the alters with the full might of her combined powers, uncaring of what was in the path
[20:11] Solene continue to shoot at the enemy, to keep them at bay, as much as possible.
[20:15] Byron back flips, narrowly avoiding the upswing of the scaled creature that tried to gut him. Three lines appear as tears in his shirt but luckily did not breach the skin yet. Kuma would reach out and bite at the creatures attacking arm. He overhears Lil in the midst of combat as she suggested hitting the altars one at a time. "Sounds like a plan," he said. "I can---" He stops as he sees new ally Alicia being burned to a crisp, sacrificing herself to save Inferno. He can see a small eb of an aura, suggesting she might be still alive, but she'll definitely be in pain. He was going to suggest that he can help fight off other demons while other heavy hitters go for the alter, but seems like they might have encountered their first casualty in this war. "Well fuck," he said. Kuma was about to roar and warn him as a reminder about the scaly demon that tried to gut him, but Byron was quick to react, aiming to deliver a kick strong enough to knock it into the shock wave that Valkyrie 1 warned them all of as he
[20:15] Byron back flips to get out of the reach of the blast with Kuma following. During this, his attention was also brought to Rain. The two having their own unique bond, he knew she was going into full rage mode and being this early in the fight, that might not have been a good idea. He was feeling like things were going downhill real quick and they only just started.
[20:15] Goku (llsongokull): ~After not doing any immediate damage with his fireball, the brute was tougher than he thought. Although, as he was distracted by the demon he engaged with the fireball, a banshee immediately tried to attack him with a flaming katana, his vulnerability sense went off the roof, as he quickly turned around to face the banshee yet what he saw was a woman being sliced and burning to ashes. ''Oh god...'' worried for the lady that took his attack, he couldn't help but to feel sorry for her having to take the attack for him, as much as he wants to mourn for her he can't, he has to stay focused. Inferno quickly back-stepped five meters to get a far distance between the banshee and him, for his safety and to plan an attack. ''Okay... you demon! you're on!'' He shouted, as he aimed his wrist and shot a thread of web at the banshee's sword, expecting to appeal it to his direction and for him to successfully grip it by the handle, while using his other wrist to shoot a web of net around her multiple legs to wrap around
[20:15] Goku (llsongokull): it to conceivably make her lose her balance. ~
[20:17] Lil Vickson (lillianvickson) gasps as she sees Alicia burst into flame. As she dodges the artillery salvos, she glances around at things absent and at her phone, "They downed the dragon too?!" She angrily swung her saber at a monstrosity keeping her from the altar. "Pour it on, People!"
[20:23] Alter Mercury ind was consumed and drowned in rage and she attacked anything outright at that time, it did not matter what would suffer her wrath at that time, her blind rage is what lead her to act, coincidentally her actions lead her to assault the alters platform repeatedly slamming her fists with force against the areas the alters were built in, she was an assailant of pure rage, so wrapped up in her blindness, her mind drowned away in the raw energy that she acted on that the fire from the Valkyrie's weapons shooting was something Alter Mercury was oblivious of and she was caught in the blast fire making her bellow out a roar of anger as the weapons struck her doing actual damage in tearing away parts of her skin and muscle tissue, she turned and slammed her firsts into the ground now looking at the Valkyrie as she turned, her eyes glowing a fierce red and a blue aura started to rise up along with steam, even wit skin and muscle blasted away she was mostly in tact and even her interior seemed to be blue, her blood
[20:23] Alter Mercury like actual mercury in a blue tint which now might help explain her name, but even more alarming they all could see she has rapid regeneration as the damage the Valkyrie seemed to caused seemed to be repairing in a matter of minutes.
[20:40] Scene: The blasts into the altar cause a massive explosion, ripping away chunks of stone from around the base, but the pillar and upper level of the structure remain undamaged. The blast wave from those hits sends the remaining creatures stumbling and staggering, barely keeping their balance, Rain's swing breaking through her foe as it gets caught between. Crescendo's shot rips through the scaled creature that Alicia had been fighting easily now, sending its corpse flying, but likewise it hits the alter and only does some surface damage. Goku's webs seem to sink partially through the ghostly figure, only loosely catching on with not enough grip to really do anything, pulls on them simply tearing them loose again. Lil's sword slices into the other scaled creature cleanly now, the scales becoming brittle as they dry off fully from the heat they've been exposed to, while Alter might notice a set of runes embedded around the altar in between her pounding strikes
[20:42] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) sees soldiers getting fucked up and shakes her head "breaking formation" she states out loud and then sheaths her sword. She pulls up, dropping down, rapidly reaching Mach 1 and breaking the sound barrier. A loud crack rips over the battle field as she approaches the infantry, wings bursting out and she lands to the ground, energizing her fists with holy energy and throwing punches right and left, ripping through them "troops, fall back to me, I'll be your shield for you are mine!" she calls out
[20:47] C.E.L.E.S. Valkyrie 1 charges forward to the alter, taking a moment to kick a few minoons out of the way. She kept on twards the alter firring her weapons, occasionally firring grenades at it, " This material is stronger than it looks" She comments to the tiny woman fighting at her side
[20:47] Crescendo raises up, wings of sound energy forming on her back. She dove forward blasting a focussed beam at the pillar as she circled it before returning to the infantry " let us keep the safe!. Front troops, I amaged it, hit it with everything!"
[20:51] Rain tried to focus, there weren't very many monsters left around them, she looked right at Alter with her blindfold and pointed at the altar, "Keep smashing it! We gotta figure out how to turn it off!" She stepped between the mech and Alter and grunted, "Yea maybe it needs to be turned off or something..." She kicked at one of the runes to see what it did, not holding much hope because her kick was not as strong as her sword...
[20:57] Byron looks at the alter after the big the various attacks on it. Seeing the creature he battled caught by the blast, he proceeds forward. Feeling the energy radiating from the alter, he decides to investigate. Noting how Rain kicked at one of the runes, he looks at it, kneeling down but not touching it yet. Didn't know what would happen but maybe he can get some sort of read. Maybe there's a message these runes are telling. Kuma roars in warning, nervous for his friend.
[21:01] Goku (llsongokull): ~With his webs being unsuccessfully he let go of the grip since there was no point, now he has to come out with a new strategy. ''Damn! looks like I better think of something else or I might be done for... it's like her body is ghostly.'' Inferno had to think, yet he knew the demon wouldn't going to let him, so he shot, two fireballs at the banshee torso from both palms to draw its attention and If lucky, the fire would start burning her to ashes. After launching the fireballs, he immediately took another two meters back to make it follow him. ''Here creepy creepy demon!'' making whistles sounds as if the banshee was a dog to make it follow him. ~
[21:01] Lil Vickson (lillianvickson) seems only more frustrated as her sword finally cuts into the vile creature cleanly. She dodges a large claw and spits, "Die already, you ugly fucker!" as she lunges into the creatures midsection.
[21:06] Scene: All the continued impacts and blasts into the altar continue to do little more than leave smudge marks, everything but the outer base seeming to carry the resilience of the artifact that's channeling power through it. As Byron inspects the sigils he would note trace amounts of latent spirit energy swirling around them, and as he presses his own chi against one it absorbs the essence and lights up. Inferno's flames seem to burn away wisps of the tortured spirit, but it doesn't outright catch fire, lurching after him for a moment until the rune activates, then spinning and starting to rush back towards the altar with flames streaming off the blade. Lil's thrust drives clean through the creature this time, sending it staggering to the ground, lifeless
[21:09] C.E.L.E.S. Valkyrie 1 peers at the alter " This does not seem to be working. .. " She peers down and frowns and reaches down and tries to pull one of the runes off the alter. While she does she sends a radio call " Annie. This is CELES. Our numbers are starting to dwindle. if you have calibrated your new hardware your assistance would be greatly appreciated"
[21:13] Rain's spines vibrated at an intense pitch, the beauty of Echolocation was it was an all around view! She saw the Banshee thing coming towards them and huffed, "Keep doing what your doing Byron, it might be working." She spune and charged the banshee head on, maybe her weight would crush it? Just in case she would make sure to shift her sword over and try and land a punch on the flying goober thing! "FEEL MY BLOODY HATRED IN YOUR CHEST CAVITY!"
[21:14] Byron seeing the rune absorb chi energy and light up, he begins to try something. With his energy blade, he reaches towards it, touching the run with the tip of the blade to see what would happen. Then decides to try and punch the blade into it, just to test the effect.
[21:15] Goku (llsongokull): ~Surprisingly his flames started burning the banshee however it was like it didn't notice it and chased after him regardless, which put Inferno in a defensive spider stance, ready to take what may come upon him. Although it seemed there was something else that caught its attention, Inferno raised a brow, looking confused on why it wasn't continuing its attack. ''What the...?'' He said. It seems the creature was going back to the Alter, it must be important If she wasn't trying to slice him in half. ''Guess I better follow...'' He said, running behind the banshee at a medium pace where he isn't in front or next to it, wanting to see where it follows. He looked at Byron and gave him a head gesture to try to make him follow him. ''Psst! come follow me, dude! we can sneak inside and attack them while they're distracted by their alter. '' He said when he ran past Byron in his following with the Banshee. ~
[21:15] Lil Vickson (lillianvickson) growls and deactivates her sword as she watches the thing fall. She then lands by the altar and scans the runes with her custom phone. "How did I miss these before?" She taps at her screen trying to match the runes to any known ones.
[21:22] Scene: The runes seem to be solidly attached to the altar... enough so that even the mech can't pry them loose. Rain's charging slice cuts solidly into the monster, black blood and mist seeping out from the wound as it swings down with its own sword at the top of Rain's head, the flames on it several thousand degrees now and spurting out through the air like drops of slag from a forge. The rune starts repelling the energy once it glows, and does the same to the blade when it's pressed in, seeming to have taken its fill, while Lil's search in the city internet would prompt a message from a government server that would contain a single image
[21:28] Rain roared with laughter as her fist went into the banshees chest cavity! She only had one option to avoid the blow to her head as her sword dropped to the ground and made a crater with it's immense weight! She was grabbing for the blade! Her fleshy hand gripped the blade and she grit her teeth, not from pain... But from effort! She put maximum effort into diverting the blade as the sword cut into her hand! Her claw flexed and opened wide inside the creature, then tried to rip it in half! Her hand was a bloody mess and she might actually be missing a finger or two by the end of this little skirmish! She didn't know the meaning of the word finesse, she left that to the other peoples!
[21:28] C.E.L.E.S. Valkyrie 1 moves up to cover Byron as he fiddles with the runes, but then she looks at the stream of energy heading for the large shield Then she rises herself to her full hight and raises her blade high into the air trying to block the beam feeding the shield with it. " Stand brave friends! Assistance is on it's way !" [ https://youtu.be/75zmIj_4LFQ ]
[21:29] Byron hears Kuma roar as the rune repels his energy blade but he thinks he's starting to get it. "Everyone!" he calls out. "I think... these runes they can absorb energy.. I don't know if they can only absorb chi or spirit energy but... change your tactics. If you can't produce energy, try to hold off or kill the monsters for us. If you can use energy, try to use it on these runes!" He looks at the next rune, trying to repeat what he did with the previous one, trying to punch the energy blade into it to see if it'll absorb the energy.
[21:31] C.E.L.E.S. Valkyrie 1 also has a small fox girl on her shoulder sniping everything that gets close.
[21:34] Goku (llsongokull): ~Inferno kept his distance from the altar, he didn't know anything about nor was he about to rush in stupidly. He walked back next to Byron, wondering If he has any ideas up his sleeve. ''Hey, what do you think we should do? '' He said, considering he didn't have anything to think of at the moment. Although hearing the crazy laughter of Rain kinda struck a chill in his spine, that lady was sure was insane. ''See, Byron. I would bang that chick with the huge sword but... she's a bit on the psycho side ya know, and like they say, never stick your dick in crazy. I think I might follow that.'' ~
[21:36] Lil Vickson (lillianvickson) makes a face at the image on her phone. "Their protection runes!", she watches as the others battle on or fail to damage the runes. Then she grins at Byron's idea. "On it!" She activates her energy sword and plunges it into the nearest rune. Then she gives Inferno a glare. "Burn a rune or something before you rant about your sex life?"
[21:42] Scene: Rain's attack finds much of the figure to just be mist, but there is some solid at the center, and as her claws rip into it the banshee lets out another maddening scream, the flames of the sword bursting up even higher as it tries to force the blade down into the warrior woman. Celes's blade hits the stream and gets battered back by the surging energy, far too intense to be cut off directly. As Byron starts sinking energy into the next rune over, both of them flare up and the energy surges out, the light vanishing from the one as a small portal opens and several creatures spill out. Lil's blade presses against another rune right after the surge, and once again the rune absorbs a bit of energy to light up
[21:47] C.E.L.E.S. Valkyrie 1: " It is inadvisable to sexually harass your allies in combat. Also, I believe you are too scrawny for Miss Rain's taste. " She did not seem deterned by her failure to stop the beam, isntea changing tactics. She took up a defensive poititn near the altar guarding those working on the runes. Any creature attempting to get near those working on the runes would be met by a prodigious amount of gratuitous violence
[21:50] Rain grunted as she tried to tear the solid bit apart, her claws way more flexible and dexterous then they looked.... Her fleshy hand was becoming a mangled mass of burning flesh as blood spouted up in the air, she heard the comment from Inferno and growled menacingly! She was just about done with this friggen wailing creature! Some scrawny guy might be next, and time was running out! ((5/7))
[21:51] Byron laughs at Inferno's musings. Guessing the youth gets like this in the face of danger. Can't blame him, it's an intense situation they are facing. "Well it's your life," he would say. "But that's a special kind of woman and I'm pretty sure someone already had the idea and did the deed". Gives Rain a knowing side eye, but also doing it to make sure she is ok. Her in her rage form could come to an end any moment and that could leave her vulnerable. He's seen it many times. Hopes she can hold off until they can finally end this and hopefully it stops at these runes for now. "Now give us a hand, you got energy, that's something we need. Besides, I don't think you want an angry warrior woman aiming for your head during all this. Quicker the better" Kuma stands by him, watching the portal open as more creatures come out. Byron ignites two balls of energy in his hand, glad to see Lil providing assistance. He fires the two energy balls are two more runes to light them up, trying to get a move on before
[21:51] Byron Rain's own time runs out. They numbers have gotten smaller and they couldn't afford to lose another.
[21:56] Goku (llsongokull): ~''Fine fine!'' He responded to Lil, as he once more charged a fireball in his palms to assist them. But then, he couldn't help but feel a bit afraid of everyone else in the team, it seems they all wanted to kill him from his comments. ''Uhhh... hehe... yikes.'' He was quite nervous and didn't know what to do at the moment. ''How about we focus on the mission for now...? hehe yeah? '' He said, hoping to get everyone mind off of his little remark towards rain. With that being said, more creatures would pop out from the portals that suddenly appeared, Inferno, focused on the multiple creatures that came out and charged another fireball, yet instead of aiming directly at them, he launched it on the ground where the fire would spread and create a block way for the demons. ~
[21:57] Lil Vickson (lillianvickson) pulls her sword back when she sees new nightmares appear. "Damn elder crapsacks!" She scans the pillar of energy with her custom phone to see if Byron's idea has had any effect on it. All the talk of sex reminds her of the child inside her. She actually hadn't thought about for a while now. She had apparently needed some excitement and she was not battling bad at all for being seven months pregnant.
[21:59] Android - Annie (androidnulla) Teleports in not to far from the party, running up in the direction of Celest with a hydraulic sound. Taking position behind her unit and defending her." Have no fear! Unit Annie is now here! What are her orders Unit Celest?"
[22:01] Katy wasn't a really adept mechpilot and would dangerously close stomps beside CELES, moving into a defensive position, her mission objective was the point defense of the altar. The old totalitarian killing machine wasn't the fastest, but it was sturdy and reliable "Alright, activating close combat defense and loadin' some clusterfuck rounds .... ready for combat !"
[22:03] Scene: Rain's continued savagery finally bears fruit as the banshee's core tears apart, the misty form fading away, leaving behind just a twisted mass of ruined meat that falls to the ground. The flames don't impede the movement of the new arrivals, but they do impede their ongoing health as the mindless creatures burst into flames, still moving for the moment, trying to lash out at anyone they can reach with the burning tentacles. The energy surges into a couple runes, and once again they surge out with energy and open a portal, dropping a few more hostiles into the area. The scans pick up that when the energy is directed into the wrong runes it absorbs in a different way, which triggers the surges
[22:06] C.E.L.E.S. Valkyrie 1 wasn't really expecting to to be in a position of leadership, but she was asked for instructions so she analyses the situation and gave the best commands that she could " Defend those who are able to destroy the runes. Without them the battle is lost! " She brings a food back and tries to punt one of the creatures away " Buy them the time they need to figure it out. She says as she tries tu pick up one of the tetacled females and fast ball it into the large shield " And do not step on allies! "
[22:10] Rain was engulfed in flaming tentacles! She tossed the remains of the banshee away and smashed and grabbed one of the culprits! Her hand was a bleeding mass and she was going to be worthless soon! She was almost positive she was going to be incapacitated, "Leave em to me! I got this for a little bit!" Her massive blade vibrated and shot towards her, but she let it slip past and into another enemy! She was a God of Combat... Nothing was going to kill her unless she was asleep! Even then good luck! ((6/7))
[22:11] Byron sees more portals open up and stops. Looks at the increasingly chaotic field and tries to think. "Dammit," he said. "Thought I was on to something but seems like it's making it worse. "Need to figure something out. Maybe it's not the runs or maybe I'm not looking at the right ones.... Kuma go look after Rain. I'll be ok. Got others here watching my back. He tries to look at the wounds again, trying to see if there's a type of signature in the auras to tell him what he needs to do.
[22:16] Goku (llsongokull): ~Inferno eyes widen inside of his mask, these creatures were tough like iron; to easily walk through his fire like that was insane! not only that but more hostile enemies were appearing from extra portals. ''Ya know, I'm really starting to hate these portals, that's why I didn't bother buying the game portal when it was on sale.'' Referring to the website steam. Inferno, charged straight at one and leaped 5 inches in the air and swung the heel of his back foot to the bridge of the nose of a nearby demon, to circulate a large amount of blood into his brain to make the demon suffocate. ''Druagh!'' ~
[22:17] Lil Vickson (lillianvickson) makes a face as she reads her scans. "Okay, I am certainly not a wizard but some runes are liking the energy and surge because of it while others are ... not." She shrugs. "Anyone see a pattern on which ones are making more baddies?"
She then slashes her sword at creature shambling too close to her.
[22:17] Android - Annie (androidnulla) " Unit Annie will do her best! And will make sure not to step on any allies as well. But Eeww.. these things are creepy! ..whaaaa!" Begins making a slashing motion with her energy sword, slashing away at any hostile creatures in melee range. Moving away from Celes and to the group of people. Being Mindful not to step on any one or get to close, keeping several feet away. Any creatures that got in range would be slashed, those further out would be shot at with her smg. Most of her shots missing and only kicking up the desert to form small dust clouds.
[22:20] Katy was trying to make some sense out of the mechs combat interface, which was a bit confusing. Gladly Katy would decide to defend the 'less populated' perimeter, away from her allies and for the moment not trying to abuse her ultra-autocannon in close combat, she would try to stomp any insects trying to swarm towards the altar. Additionally she would try to slam her massive xentronium shield into anything daring to come too close. Those swings might be slow, but powerful enough to flatten a car into a pancake.
[22:24] Scene: The foes on fire continue burning, soon taking enough damage to collapse to the ground, while the others get smashed into pulp easily by the massive mechs, clearing the area out again for the moment. Continues inspection of the energy flows around the altar begin to show a bit of a pattern to them, or rather two patterns, a star and a circle
[22:34] Rain pounded the remains off her claw and staggered a little bit, "Ugh this is gonna suck..." Her pants were on fire and she swatted the fire out, "Keep going no matter what! We can worry about casualties later!" She could feel her body start to slow down, her spines were slowly dialing down the pitch as her adrenaline began to wear off! She summoned her sword back to her monstrous claw and had a tiny bit of trouble sheathing her blade as she surveyed the scene, no immediate threats, and they had three hulking robots guarding everyone now! That brute had hit her for a tremendous amount of force, accompanied with all the other injuries her rage let her ignore... It was way past her normal threshold for pain, she was usually more careful then this! Maybe being in hiding had made her a little softer... ((7/7))
[22:37] Byron noticing the patterns, he figures it out or partially. This meant risking or rather opening another portal. He hoped Valkyrie 1 was up for it. "Hope you can still fight big girl," he said to the mech, then looks to Lil. "Ok what I'm about to do will open up another portal but I have to know. There's two patterns here. Star and circle. I'm going to blast the star... you."-points at the circle rune-." aim for the circle. The one that opens the portal, we avoid. I'm not a scientist so I am not good at figuring out which is the one we need based on look along. Can only do it trial by error." Meanwhile, his companion, Kuma, joins Rain at her side, giving off a warning roar.
[22:38] Byron begins to ignite another ball of energy in his hand. He aims for the one with the star pattern, firing off the energy at the rune, hoping this experiment provides fruit.
[22:43] Goku (llsongokull): ~Eventually, the ones that he previously put on fire finally started to collapse, and including the smashed ones by the huge mecha robot which induced a somewhat sort of relief with Inferno, still, there were still a lot more to come. Inferno was trying to keep his guard up from the number of enemies that were showing up. ''This is getting crazy! be careful guys.'' He then looked toward Byron as he shot an energy blast towards the star... since there were a circle, Inferno decided to draw out more fire in his right palm and shot the fireball towards the circle pattern in the runes. ~
[22:44] Lil Vickson (lillianvickson) facepalms when the pattern becomes clear. "Pentagram! Doyy." She steps to a rune that is not a point on the star as he suggested and gestures at the points. "I agree mostly. Try feeding just the star first. Then we try the circle next if we need."
[22:46] Android - Annie (androidnulla) Remains in place, doing her best to defend the group. Her mech unit having taken damaged but so far nothing to serious. No longer using both weapons at the same time. Trying to conserve power she would fend off any thing that came into melee range. Than firing at any thing mid range with her smg, the hail of bullets coming to a end with a clicking sound. As she now did her best to reload before more of those things came at her.
[22:46] Katy was trying to slowly return backwards to the altar, mostly busy to operate the battlemech but she was following the chatter on the PAE coms "Yeah, well ... whatever they try, they should do it now ... yeah, i'm ready ... "
[22:49] Scene: As Byron flows the energy out into the points of the star in turn, each one lights up one by one, and then Inferno's fireballs begin charging up the circle afterwards, the energies flowing smoothly now, and once all 10 runes fill up the defensive pillar begins to crackle and fizzle, no longer seeming solid like before, a small golden coin sitting on the stone at the center of it
[22:52] C.E.L.E.S. Valkyrie 1 was wholly focused on keeping the monsters away from those working the alter. She didn't seem to care of she killed the beasts or not as she kicked at them and swung, she was equally happy with a kill or simply flinging them out of range. She used her advanced comm system to pinpoint paricularly aggressive or dangerous seeming foes and sent the information to her allies, as well as compiling data she received from them feeding them real time tactical information
[22:56] Rain was now in pain! She growled and staggered to one side, then fell to one knee and to her side, trying to catch herself on her stump of a hand... "Damn it..." She wouldn't last... she had taken way to much damage, stupid stupid for being so reckless! Her spines stopped moving all together and she passed out, the last thing she saw was Byron and Inferno channeling energy into the runes and the mechs blasting everything without prejudice! She kind of wanted one...
[22:59] Byron walks up to the pillar as it crackles and fizzles. He's cautious as he approaches, reaching out to grab the coin that sits on its center. Kuma, nudes Rain's prone body with his nose and licks her face.
[23:01] Goku (llsongokull): ~Inferno started to get a bit fatigue from summoning all those fireballs, he can only do so much before reaching his limit. ''Huff... huff...'' He then notice a small golden coin, sitting at the center of the stone. ''Huh...?'' He shot a thread of web towards coin, to appeal it over to him; he wasn't going to go and pick it up without knowing if there going to be some kind of trap. ~
[23:02] Lil Vickson (lillianvickson) watches as the men fill each pattern. "Okay! That worked." She had her hands on her hips, looking impressed.
[23:03] Android - Annie (androidnulla) Reloads the smg on her units left arm using the other hand, the empty one popping out and landing onto the ground next to her. Using her other hand she would reload a fresh clip into it. Slashing away with the energy sword on her other arm mere seconds after the reload. Than remaining still and motionless for a few seconds, only to suddenly unleash a full round of missiles. The missiles firing out one after the other flying off into the not to far distance, the heat all around causing the targeting to malfunction, most of them probably not even hitting a single target. At the very least the advance from the the side she defended might be slowed." Unit Annie's missiles seem to have missed most of there targets!"
[23:05] Katy tries to assist onto every priority target designated by CELES and to defend the altar during this delicate moment of the mission "Holdin' position .... "
[23:07] Scene: As the coin is pulled out of place by Byron and the web, it reaches the edge of the beam and suddenly crumbles to dust, the energy of this alter flickering out completely now
[23:07] C.E.L.E.S. Valkyrie 1 calls out to the mechs " A comrade has fallen. I require cover." She goes down on one knee and extends a finger to Rain. Very gently she touched the woman with a finger leaving a dinner plate sided disk on her back " Einstein-Rosen bridge beacon in place. Evacuation of wounded to Medical center in 30 seconds. "
[23:10] Android - Annie (androidnulla) Slowly makes her way as close as she can to Celes, looking around still trying to see if she can find Mikoto. The missile launchers on the back of her mech still smoking as she made her way over." Unit Annie is on her way!"
[23:10] Byron as soon as he grabs the coin, he feels it pulled out of his hand by the webbing, causing it to fall and hit the edge of the beam, crumbling. He sighs at this event, wanting to know what the deal was with the coin and now it seemed like he might not get the answer. He only hoped it's not something they needed at the time. Otherwise, he decides rather to check on Rain, who also seemed to be tended to by the giant mech. Kuma returns to his side, disappearing from everyone's view, once again an invisible spirit to others

DeuxBlackthorn
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:25 am

Re: The (Nearly) Final Hour

Post by DeuxBlackthorn » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:39 pm

[18:01] Scene: As the first altar shuts down a massive rumbling begins, the ground in the area feeling like it's about to tear open, then suddenly Fleurdemort's voice screams out from inside the barrier "YOU WOULDN'T DARE!" and the area goes still again. The guards are still heavily pressured, but holding their positions with only a very slow shift inward, and the two remaining altars are visible, along with their protectors
[18:08] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) slices through a creature, then impales another, helping out the troops before she does a short burst of her wings and flies back over, landing with the group "sounds like you all pissed her off. So that sounds like we did something she didn't want, which means we now go on to the next one" she states
[18:20] C.E.L.E.S. Valkyrie 1 rolls her shouidlers and looks at the otehr altar. She then begins a stomping run. picking upo speed and trytin to clear a path for the otehrs as she heads for it
[18:20] Nameless was an airplane! She made wooshing noises as she dropped icicles on some of the monsters, "WEEEEEEEEE!" The icicles exploded and sent shards into hundreds of charging monsters! Then she spotted people inside the perimeter and zoomed over! She skimmed the ground and then slid to a halt on her boots, "Heyo!" She waved and had a legit smile on her face, "Not gonna kill me are ya?" She was going to behave and follow orders, "Who wants a lift to the next one?" If people were moving then she'd levitate the ones that couldn't fly so they could all keep up with the mechs! Or they could just hitch a ride on the tank... Either way she was moving on!
[18:22] Byron still reflecting on the gold coin that emerged from the alter before it disintegrated. What was it for? What did it mean? He was hoping, praying it wasn't something vital as he knew the fight was only just the beginning. Then he felt the ground beneath them moving, trembling. He goes on alert, looking around for any danger. Kuma roars, on his own guard though invisible. He hears a voice booming out before all goes still and quiet again with the exception of the fighting. They had more alters left. Still he needed to catch some people up. "OK everyone," he began. "What we learned so far is that it's not necessarily the alters you need to attack, they are tough and are just armor if you will. They are covering something. This first one had runes inside that absorbed energy but had to hit the right ones. This one we had to hit the runes with a pentagon pattern. Any other would just open more portals. These other alters might be the same but.. I fear it won't be that easy now. Also the alter
[18:22] Byron produced a coin... I tried to investigate but if not for someone wanting to play the grab game, it might've still been here and it might've been important.. So for the love of god, whatever artifact emerges from it, be gentle, if you see someone take it first, just let them. These artifacts are clearly fragile." He shoots inferno a look at that last one. He then releases a sigh, glad he was able to get it all out but also relief as his friend Rain was taken to safety thanks to Valkyrie 1 among others who were injured in the battle. It's a blessing in a way, that means they won't have to worry about protecting them, at least for now. He follows behind Valkyrie 1, breaking into a sprint.
[18:25] Goku (llsongokull): ~Inferno was laying on the ground, resting to recover himself from using all that energy he did with the fireballs. ''Huff... I'm just sitting here for a sec boy I'm all tapped out!'' He said, trying to keep his mental state in balance before passing out until he felt a shakiness in the ground. ''W-what the?!'' He was blank on what was going on, he was feeling very uneasy and didn't want to fight another swarm of demons. Inferno picked himself off of the ground, standing up for the incoming enemies. He wouldn't If he could withstand another full-on swarm of demons. ''Hey Byron, I'm going to rest here, for now. Also, you got any variety of a tracker? therefore I'll know where to find you, I just need to regain some energy and I'll be back in business. '' He said, while breathing heavily, Inferno was very exhausted, he could bearly speak, drawing that much energy really takes a toll on him. ~
[18:27] Android - Annie (androidnulla) Remains in the back of the group, clearing away any creatures that might come from behind. Taking Notice of Celes moving out further ahead and wondering if she too should follow." What is Unit Annie's orders? She is unsure what to do. Should she continue to offer support in the back?"
[18:35] Katy was very busy on the PAE internal coms and by now had left the malfunctioning PAE battlemech. It was time to go airborne mode, trying to support CELES during her advance by uplinking into a shared sensor array cloud, hopefully providing more combat relevant informations, processing them to evaluate target priority and firing solutions. Katy would additionally try to restructure her arms into her dreaded PPC's, which would need another round to reach a functional condition.
[18:40] Brun Veilios would lift up his right palm and a bright light would start to shine, then from there a high energy beam would shoot from his hand and into the crowd of monsters. "well now, lets see how this thing handles against the previous model."
[18:41] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR From over the horizon comes the drone of turboprops as a dark blue cargo plane buzzes the battlefield. The rear ramp opens, and from it discharges a blue tank, its engine roaring as it descends on drag chutes and impacts the desert, bouncing before coming down again and smashing through a line of monsters and skidding to a stop near the group. From a loudspeaker comes a familiar voice. "Cheers loves! Cavalry's here!"
[18:45] Scene: Shots into the battle line easily plow through the swarms of lesser minions, helping the soldiers in the area retake a little bit of lost ground for the moment. The guardians of the next altar turn as you all draw closer, the brutes answering your charge in kind, while the strange creature in the center shovels everything it can reach into a massively gaping maw
[18:50] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) takes off to follow the Celes mech suit, keeping behind it to use it as a shield as they rapidly approach the altar. Out of curiosity, she looks back at the tank to see if it has one of those old timey telephones on the back before looking back to keep up with the giant mech
[18:58] C.E.L.E.S. Valkyrie 1 turns and starts chraging down one of the big blobly mech things, taking the large saw in both hands, twistiing at the torso and then swinging it like a golf club at the monstrous blob crying out " FOR PONY!"
[18:59] Nameless flipped in the air as she drew her sword, nothing spectacular seemed to happen, except the amulet around her neck began to glow brightly! The ground around the other two brutes turned into quicksand to try and make them a little easier to beat! Her sword was exceptionally sharp, but she didn't seem to want to risk close quarters. She was still injured after all!
[19:02] Byron keeps himself alert, opening his senses for any possible danger as they all race to the alter. The field is full of demons who are luckily being held off by the soldiers and possible metas on the front lines. This allows them the room to focus on this. "Alright," he began. "Same as before,, energy users, we need you for the alter. If you can't produce energy, keep the monsters off our backs. First thing... we need to uncover the runes underneath. He counted 3 monsters guarding this alter for the moment. He was going to go straight for it as he attempts to run pass, hoping the others could fight the monsters. He felt his own energy sparking again, enhancing his body purely by instinct.
[19:03] Android - Annie (androidnulla) Continues to offer support from behind, making sure nothing would sneak up on them. Doing the best she could with her limited experience using the mech armor. Her aim with the smg on the unit still not very accurate as half the shots keep missing there targets.
[19:04] Katy like a synthetic insect was floating above CELES, her primary task the close range monitoring around the assault mech and to prevent any hostiles from crawling on top of it. Her Particle Projector Cannons were by now ready to fire, yet as there was no viable target and the friendly fire issue, Katy would decide to remain in observation mode, trying to improve awareness and reaction time of CELES.
[19:10] Brun Veilios would use his helmet's advanced targeting system to pinpoint the weakness on one of the bigger monsters and unleash another particle ray without worry of friendly fire while he would try to close the distance to get in for close combat.
[19:10] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR shoots forward with a roar of the engine, moving ahead of the group and carving a path through the monsters between them and the next altar, power-sliding to a stop in a position to cover their advance and allow the others to catch up. Indeed, the tank does have one of those "old timey" telephones on the side for communicating with the crew inside, though this one looks appropriately more high tech. Zephyr traverses the turret of the tank to take aim at one of the bigger enemies, ((the large red one to her left, CELES' right)) aiming so she wouldn't hit the altar, and fires, hoping the hypervelocity shell strikes it right on its ugly face.
[19:17] Scene: Celes' saw slices into one of the brutes, sending its foul blood splattering through the air, but the blade starts to hitch once it meets the solid bone underneath. Nameless's sand catches them, making them both stumble briefly, but their raw strength allows them to pull free after a moment. Annie's shots continue to help the defensive line hold their ground more effectively, while Mal's blast cuts a ways into the foe before fizzling out. Zeph's tank shell slams into the other brute hard, staggering it back into the quicksand and forcing it to struggle out again, while the other one starts swinging at Celes. The mutated figure glances at Byron as he rushes past the other creatures, its mouth opening again to vomit out a massive glob of a thick brown glue-like substance... that might be familiar to some here... while from its hands it forms balls of napalm and begins lobbing them into the group
[19:18] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) takes to the air to avoid the napalm, using both hands to power up and fire a massive beam of energy directly at the creature that was lobbing napalm. Against most targets, the energy was energy. But against demons, it would be especially potent and potentially devastating on contact.
[19:23] C.E.L.E.S. Valkyrie 1 takes her left hand off the saw, and then twists the massive weapon with her right hand to try and pin the globb- creature. then begins using the wrist bolter to fire shots into it. She used the greater part of her AI to make connections to the others from PAE and send connection requests to those who have devices that could accept the signal She than began to compile the tactial data from the battle and began sending it back out to the others to increace their awareness of the battle, and even offering fireing solutions to those that needed them, starting to live up to her designation of "Cybernetic Enhanced Logistical Engagement System ; Valkyrie 1"
[19:24] Nameless was going to act like a giant supportive shield! The glob aimed at Byron would divert to another Brute, her amulet seemed to glow brighter as she grasped the fireballs and diverted them to either side of the group with her elemental influence! Doing this made her have to hold off on attacking... But she was only here because she was testing her powers without the Madness making them crazy and pointed towards allies of the city... If she had been crazy she would have simply tried destroying everyone instead of just the monsters! Byron was covered though, and most of the fireballs seemed to be going anywhere but to where they were intended!
[19:28] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR switches her weapon over to the machine gun, loading explosive rounds that will explode on impact and tear the monsters apart rather than go through them and risk hitting someone behind them. This time, she swivels the turret and sweeps between the pair attacking Bryon, aoming, again, at their center mass trying to take them down or at least keep them hobbled.
[19:32] Byron hears Kuma's roar and turns to see a thick brown glob heading towards him. He tries to leap out of the way, twisting his body mid air to try and gain some distance to get to the alter. He's almost in arms reach but finds he can't move any further. When he lands, he checks to make sure if he was hit by whatever that monster was spewing out. Luckily it seems like Nameless had his back, blocking with glob with a forcefield. He gives her a nod and heads toward the alter. Seeing that monster having taken aim at the group he uses all this distraction to focus. Feet apart, arms at his side. He breathes in, steadying his breath. Chest out. In and out... breathe..... focus... then with a loud battle cry he moves, "KYAAAAAHHH!!!" driving his fist down towards a part of the alter, hoping to break a piece of stone at the least, almost as if doing one of those martial arts demonstrations where someone breaks a board.
[19:40] Goku (llsongokull): ~ Inferno continued to regain his energy rapidly, hopefully, he'll have by a couple of minutes or so, but it seems the demons have started to get more aggressive and much more reinforcement started to appear; Inferno had no choice but to resume the fight, he couldn't give up just yet. Inferno focused on his leg muscles, slightly squatting down while having his foot pressed down to the rocky platform. With all set and positioned he leaped himself five feet in the air with his enhance agility and aimed his right fist directly at a nearby demon near the mutant figured ones, hoping to send a right-hook directly toward the demon's forehead, to rock it's skull back and possibly shatter it. ''Hrgaaaah!!'' He may be exhausted yet not enough for him unable to continue the fight. ~
[19:42] Android - Annie (androidnulla) Receives the combat data from Celes, and slowly begins to turn around to face the group. Taking a firm stance as she quickly begins to lock onto several targets further out infront of Celes with Celes's technical help. Not having to avoid any of the fire balls thanks to Nameless acting as a shield for them. Is able to unleashes a barrage of missiles out, one after the other several fire out from the pack on the units back and from its shoulders until all twenty four missiles had be exhausted, now completely out of missiles. Having used up the first set at the first alter, now having to rely on her other weaponry to fight.
[19:42] Katy would receive the excellent provided tactical data from CELES (high initiative), almost immediately aware of the incoming threat, trying to activate her personal defense projector to deflect the incoming napalm. If successful, she would try to exploit the situation of the pinned down brute, trying to execute a flurry attack with her quad cybernetic effectors, intending the four plasma lances of her thrustvector stabilization, to hopefully cut through the pinned down targets skull or to evaporate it's eyes, to ruin it's vision.
[19:47] Scene: Hell's beam slices through the creature easily, revealing a slimy goop filling inside and releasing a cloud of fungus spores into the air, yet as soon as the beam is past the slime begins flowing back together. Celes' swing also cuts in easily, but the creature flows around the blade, preventing it from being pinned. Byron's strike manages to smash some of the outer stone of the altar, but once again the center area is far stronger than the edges, and an outcropping on the side of the structure holds another 9 runestones, this time arrayed in a spiral. Inferno lands a solid hit, but it only staggers the massive beast a bit more. The barrage of missiles and blasts from the mechs and tank cut through the two brutes the rest of the way, though their bulk manages to shield the other creature, which leaps forward to them and begins devouring their fallen bodies at an unbelievable rate, its body spilling off more and more spores until they fill the air, while a noxious smelling acid would begin flowing out from
[19:47] Scene: around its feet to cover the ground, expanding quickly
[19:50] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) tilts her head at the creature's strange behavior and then looks at the runes on the Pillar "we need to take that out, it may be powering the creatures" she states, not sure how the last one went down, she was a bit more involved cutting up the freaks that had been swarming the beach head. She threw a ball of energy into the midst of the expanding creature, which would explode on impact, not wanting it to get a foot hold or a slime hold as it were
[19:56] C.E.L.E.S. Valkyrie 1 broadcasts a warning to Katy to get clear while actually turning her bac on the creatures. She then goes down on one knee " Rearming!" she says, the saw seeming to disintegrate and be replaced by a large blade. She then goes down one one knee, plunging the blade into the ground as an anchor and ignites her jumpjets. bathing the ground around her and the remaining creatures in flames
[19:58] Nameless was content to have grabbed all the fireballs, they all collided with each other and fizzles around her as lightning crackled along her arms to her fingers, she stretched it out and shot arcs of lightning at the creature as it devoured one of its own! Covering the advance of Byron and the retreat of Celes to rearm, though she also used the flames and made them kind of stick around the monsters, more DPS!
[20:00] Byron stares at the runes like before. His eyes began to glow the same color as his aura, as he was using this to look specifically at aura and spirit energy. He watches the runes, checking for patterns. This time they seemed to be aligned in a spiral, that could play into the puzzle..but did it still respond to energy? "Brace yourselves everyone," he warned, remembering how portals opened up with the first altered due to charging the wrong rune. "The party might come to you." He fills his hand with energy, reaching towards a rune to feed it said energy. Kuma whimpers his concern. He sniffs briefly catching wind of something foul smelling, not aware of the acid like blood spilling on the ground but if it was nearing him, he's sure Kuma would warn him.
[20:05] Goku (llsongokull): ~ After successfully landing his punch yet only stagging the massive beast. ''Heh, looks like you can take a hit huh?'' He said smirking underneath his mask, he was getting a bit excited, considering he likes a good fight. With that being said, Inferno continue to engage with the massive beast, as he whipped out his right wrist shooting a thread of web towards the beast face, expecting for it to attach itself so that he can use his enhance super strength while having a firm tight grip on the end of the web and yank it harshly to allow the impact of the ground with enough momentum to knock the massive beast out, In the end, to conceivably lead the monster down to the ground face plant, leaving a small crater underneath from the impact. If things go as planned. ~
[20:08] Android - Annie (androidnulla) The large mech starts to turn and slowly walks along the side of the group. Keeping its distance as the hydraulic sounds it made with each step grew louder as it begin to speed up. Heading closer to the front of the group. Firing its mounted SMG along the way at any thing within range as it tried to take up position near Celes. The further up the mech unit got the more the paint on the mech would start to slowly have a age look from the acid in the air as it begin to slowly damage the mech, only lightly for now.
[20:09] Katy would try to ascend immediately, as soon as she receives the order to gain distance from CELES for the rearming procedure. Her still active shield facing the remaining heavily mutated hostile, she would try to return into a standby position above her allies for cooldown, intending to use this round to deactivate her shield and rearm her secondary PPC, taking no offensive actions, just dissipating heat to regain thermal balance.
[20:11] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR from the tank there is a loud clanking sound, and suddenly the object on the tip of the barrel glows blue. Frost begins forming down the length of the barrel as the glow increases, and the tanks turret swifels and points at the feet of the massive creature where the spores are pouring out. Zephyr takes aim, then fires, and another round shoots forth annd detonates around the ankles of the creature, intending to freeze it and its spores in place, at least for a moment.
[20:13] Destra had been guided to the combat area. stretching out some she briefly considered if the threat was just large enough to warrant the operatives letting her in. or if they simply had no clue who she was. issues for another time she figured as she chuckled a bit. taping her lips some as she walks close to the tank, contemplating briefly. ever so briefly even reaching out a bit before sighing and looking to the mechs, so many choices. yet. she would get her chance, retracting her hand she walks for the front lines. an array of multi colored orbs starting to form around her.
[20:17] Scene: Hell's orb staggers the creature, disrupting its feeding, and then the burst of flame makes it scream out in pain as all the chemicals it was unleashing ignite, Nameless's efforts preventing it from escaping the sudden blaze. Inferno's launch slings him into the area, knocking down what remains of the creature, and then Zeph's shell impacts and flash freezes what remains, the creature shattering from the sudden temperature shift, a puddle of slime and fungus sinking into the ground. Byron's inspection reveals a complex pattern in the runes, and as he activates each one in turn they let out a musical chime, the series combining into a short but haunting tune that causes a small opening to appear in the energy pillar, allowing access to a small lyre stored within... the one stolen from PAE several weeks ago
[20:20] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) slowly sets down, waving her hands a bout since they were a bit heated from close proximity to sustained magical energy. She looks at the artifact revealed and smirks "I'd say it's a guitar but then you'd call me a lyre" she states and shakes her head "no, that's not funny"
[20:22] C.E.L.E.S. Valkyrie 1 takes up a guarding postion making sure nothing could distrub Byron as he deals with the artifact. She begins to line up for ner next charge, Designating the large winged beast as their next " primary target" One of her many sesors picked up the woman approaching ahd she immediately updated teh tactical data warning those on her ad-hoc network not to let her touch them, and to immediately discard any non organic matter she does touch
[20:25] Nameless was told to destroy the objects if possible, but why destroy an instrument? Not her problem, she was going to keep her elemental powers going with a little bit of a tornado made of sand. No real threats in the vicinity so time to make a sand castle out of whatever the ground was made of!
[20:26] The Superior (bear.davi) sees a lyre inside the opening. Remembering what happened to that coin last time he approaches it carefully, cautiously. He's not aware of its significance or its tie to the PAE, far as he knows it's another artifact and if it's anything like the coin, it must be handled with care. It could be the key to all this, maybe even help them stop the evil that's plaguing this city. He reaches towards the opening, trying to grab the lyre inside. "Thanks big gal," he said to Valkyrie one, who continued watching his back and has proven to be quite a force in this entire conflict.
[20:34] Goku (llsongokull): ~ After flinging the large beast into the ground, Inferno let out a relief, finally beaten this monster but there was more to come for him. With Byron inspecting the runes, he heard a musical chime from the runes, which left the young male confused and a bit uneasy; he walked near the runes where Byron was at, wondering what could he be up too. However, the music he heard earlier causes a small opening to appear in the energy pillars, which inferno was beginning to think they were one step closer to completing this runes investigation. ''Man, for some reason, I'm getting some Indiana Jones vibe, let's hope we don't be chased by a huge boulder. '' He said with a bit of a nervous tone in it. ~
[20:36] Android - Annie (androidnulla) Finally arrives at Celes's position, having suffered critical damage to the units paint job. And minor damage to the units joints from the acid spores. Moving to the other side of the alter the Mech unit helped to defend. Firing at the large winged beast in the air with her units SMG, till finally nothing but a clicking sound was heard. Swiping away with the Units energy blade at any thing that got close. Her SMG only having one more reload left in it that could be performed, her only weapon left soon would be her energy blade." Whaa... its scary up here!.. what is that!.. shoot it? Unit Annie is running low on ammunition! But she can still help defend."
[20:36] Katy receives a new primary target designation, the large winged creature being highlighted inside of her augmented reality perceptive system "Affirmative, moving into firing position." trying to hover slightly above CELES, waiting for a firing solution to be processed to initiate a neutron purge salvo "Requesting authorization launch code ... please wait .." busy on the internal PAE coms.
[20:37] Tsuki (chasehellsing) is offline.
[20:37] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR the engine revs and the treads clatter and churn as the tank starts forward again, noting the new target designation for Valkyrie 1. The warning about non-organic matter gives her pause, but she doesn't retreat yet, instead beginning to take up a flanking position should the creature target the group...or allow the others a flanking position should she target her. She loads another cryo round, condensation rolling off the barrel as it charges and prepares for another shot, the turret swivelling into position again.
[20:39] Destra yawns some as she walks up to the mech celes was in, not knowing who or what it was. "Hey look. im bored and heading for that glowing purple light. mind tossing me something nice. large and relatively useless. " she shrugs "i figure i charge it to blow, you throw it at the winged fucker over at the next beam light thing, and i get to have fun watching the fireworks" she says smiling acting rather friendly. she even kept her arms behind her back as a means to show she didnt intent to try and make the mech explode

DeuxBlackthorn
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:25 am

Re: The (Nearly) Final Hour

Post by DeuxBlackthorn » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:48 pm

[18:29] Scene: As Byron starts to lift the artifact it seems quite sturdy, but as soon as it draws to the edge of the pillar it crumbles to dust just like the coin did, the whole pillar winking out as soon as it does. Fleurdemort's voice echoes out from the center once again "Shub'Niggurath! Unleash your endless young upon this world! Drown these interlopers in a tide of flesh!" portals opening in the sky, both around the altars and in the massive battle further out, raining massive spiders down by the thousands, while the winged figure turns to face you all, a rocket launcher materializing on its shoulder and a gatling gun in its other hand, both launching projectiles of pure chaos energy towards the group in a hail of explosive destruction
[18:32] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) blinks as she sees a hail of spiders from above. She holds her hands up and fires a massive shockwave of kinetic and holy energy up above, intending to obliterate them as they got close, then getting hit with a rocket and growling as she smashed to the ground, slowly standing back up "it's got artillery from somewhere?!?!"
[18:34] Alicia Frakture crouches looking around her eyes wild. She has gone pretty much savage. Her rage overcoming her still healing brain and mind as suddenly the projectiles come there. A feral smile crossing her face as she has her target and she takes off running towards the big winged monster, any spiders in her way she tries ti rip into... and eat on her way to the big opponent
[18:36] Byron curses under his breath as the lyre also turns to dust. Same as the coin. Were they even meant to take these things or just destroy them? If the artifacts are something they need, it might not matter how many monsters they take it, they're screwed. As he turns, having heard that voice again, he smiles to see Alicia is ok but quickly frowned as spiders began to show up....why did it have to be spiders? He'd rather face the big guy... who has a damn rocket launcher on his shoulders! "Well I thought things were going too easy anyway," he said with a shrug and began enhancing his body, dousing himself in his energy as he assumed a stance while Kuma roars next to him,
[18:46] Katy was still hovering above her allies and busy on the PAE coms, again requesting the launch authorization for her PPC attack, when suddenly all hell breaks loose: "Initiating evasive action !" she announces, while trying to not get into contact with any of the incoming chaos bolts, unable to maintain her altitude and in need of a emergency descend. After a few moments of erratic spinning and a series of sudden, evasive moves, Katy is barely able to regain flight stability, causing her to lose all offensive actions this round, only trying to regain flight stability and a clear target lock on the primar target, which was still the massive winged creature "Reacquiring target lock on target alpha."
[18:49] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR the tank's coronal shield flares to life, smashing against the wave of chaos energy like a rock weathering the beating of a rogue wave. The sheer power physically moves the tank back a little, but the shield holds, this time. As it washes aside, Zephyr groans and grips the control sticks of her tank, taking aim at the creature's chest. "I think someone needs to COOL OFF!" She shouts, and squeezes the trigger. The tank's cannon roars again, and fires a slug downrange at hypervelocity. As before, should it strike the creature, it would not only partake upon her the impact of a hypervelocity antitank round, but it would also explode and instantly snap-freeze to ultra-subzero temperatures with the intention of freezing her, or at least a part of her, solid.
[18:49] Destra is struck by the winged beasts gatling fire the chaos energy ripping her human body apart making her simply vanish as if she had never been there to begin with. she was quite well out of her league even stepping into this sort of fight.
[18:50] Constance flew for what nearly seemed forever as she sensed the ray of Angelic energy from Talista.. she knew not of what she'd be getting into, but would be ready and able for any situation.. as the small specs below became visable, she'd spot Talista and would fold her wings in to sharply drop to the ground with a loud THUMP.. she'd slowly stand and would nod to Talista with a warm smile.. she'd then pull her spear from her back and would begin to channel her holy energy into it .. the sigils engraved in the weapon would begin to glow brightly.. she'd blur her movements as she took to the sky and would point her spear at the large winged creature .. doing her best to out-maneuver the rockets and gatling fire .. she'd focus a charged focus shot of her Greater Soul Arrow ability through her spear as it roared out towards the hellish winged figure's face.. her wings flap sternly to keep her tall frame moving about the air.. nearly getting ambushed by a spider until Hell Guard sent it flying away
[18:58] Scene: The spiders see Alicia's charge and leap out of the way, several of them firing out strings of tough webbing to try to slow her down. Zeph's shot freezes up part of the creature on impact, but then a large aura of flame erupts from it, intense enough to boil the ice away almost as fast as it formed. The beast shifts to the side, moving surprisingly quickly for its immense bulk, though still getting a grazing slice as the arrow clips it. The other spiders start charging towards the group members that haven't moved yet, fangs dripping with foul venom as they try to close in for the attack, while the winged figure dismisses the rocket launcher, the gatling continuing to spew energy rounds while the now-free hand forms a large sword coated in the same energies, bracing to swing it into Alicia's charge
[19:00] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) looks up at the creature as it casts aside the rocket launcher "this thing feels familiar" she states suddenly, drawing her blade and lunging off the ground, wings snapping tight as flaps rapidly over, wings spreading out and her sword pointed to the creature "demon...I feel I know you..."
[19:01] Alicia Frakture keeps moving, her body temperature is so high from the radiation and rage the webbing is burning off her, any webbing that sticks now has 75 tons of force pulling on it as she keeps moving. if she reaches the giant she is going to try and climb him, dragging any errant spiders with her, an inhuman roar coming from her mouth.
[19:03] Byron speaks out and says the name, "Kuma," which carried and eerie echo as usual which sounded like a whisper. Kuma becomes visible, joining his master's side as they change towards one of the oncoming spiders. Kuma roars the spirit bear lunges towards a spider to tackle it, while Byron would leap, lifting his leg to bring his foot down hard towards an oncoming spider's head, looking to curb stomp the shit out of it and make it's head explode. He though he knows they all need to focus on the alter, he was getting a high for battle again and he knows that this time, they had to get through this "Dungeon Boss."
[19:04] Katy eventually was granted launch authorization from PAE HQ, both her PPC's already engulfed in the unreal blue shimmering of cherenkov radiation, until finally both accelerators hurl their unstable payload of exotic matter towards the final altar and the group of enemies guarding it. The two glowing spheres of exotic matter would unite into a supercritical mass, possibly right on top of the big winged creature, and if successful, generating a intense neutron flux, exposing the immediate area (around the winged foe) in about 10 meters radius to a radiation dose equal to 50 Gray of fast neutron radiation, the bane of organic life, causing excessive cellular damage and additionally a subatomic disruption of impacted anorganic matter, resulting into a manifold of possible effects: In general this attack is intended as a intense damage over time effect, or a severe weakening effect, or perhaps suppressing the regenerative abilities.
[19:05] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR seeing the cryo shell have no effect instead opts to focus on the spiders. She switches the tank over to its coaxial machine gun and begins firing into the ranks, the .50 caliber explosive rounds thumping away as she begins driving the tank forward, sweeping it across the arachnids to hit as many as possible. The shield continues to hold, flaring up each time the gatling's rounds splash against it, seeming to have no effect for now.
[19:06] Constance furrowed her brows as the Soul Arrow merely clips the large winged demon. Her brightly colored cerulean orbs would glint down to Alicia as she charged through the hoard of spiders.. she glide along behind as she'd grip her spear to charge the blade again with holy energy.. diving and weaving side to side as the blade would elongate with holy energy.. she'd make multiple slices at grups of spiders that were apparently being dragged.. the energy from her spear would be searing to any demonic creature, she'd try her best to aid and protect the naked and bald female as she'd slice and dice her way to try and ward off the spiders, also doing her best to avoid the friendly fire from the tank as they used a divide and conquer tactic.
[19:14] Scene: Alicia's heat seems to have no effect on the webbing, but the spiders can't layer it on fast enough to outpace the force of her movement. Byron is able to smash one of the spiders, though it keeps snapping at him the whole time, and the jaws even keep working for a few more seconds after the majority of the head is turned to goo. Katy's shot detonates right at the main figure, both the scaled creatures nearby immediately doubling over and seeming to even shrink slightly, but the winged creature shows no sign of being affected, and the spiders have moved enough to escape the blast range. Zephs shots take out a few more of the spiders nearby, but as she guns through them she'd notice the horde of spiders out in the main battle line starting to turn the tide against the soldiers with their webbing. Constance's spear slices into several more of the spiders, cutting them open cleanly and dispatching a few, though they don't seem to react to the holy aspect of it, just the physical blade itself. The main figure l
[19:15] Scene: laughs a bit at Hell's comment "Well, if it isn't the leftovers..." the gatling swinging up in her direction and trying to pelt the two angels
[19:18] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) smirks "the leftovers always believe they weren't cast out" she growls, holding out her hand in front of her face. She grins, deflecting the shots that bounced off and dented her armor as she charged and fired a beam of energy not at the creature but at the weapon, looking to overheat it and hopefully cause a chain fire of the stored ammunition right into the magazine
[19:20] Alicia Frakture the radiation still only fuels her body temperature raising it even higher as she leaps at the giant and begins scaling it. No roars, no screams no words, just a primal look in her eyes. If not stopped she is gonna scale to the shoulder and try to rip into this thing through the side of its head.
[19:22] Byron feels a chill go over his body as he almost goes green as now.. mostly headless spider's jaws still worked, almost nomming his shoe. He draws his leg, couldn't do it fast enough. He shoots it forward to punt it, which he would follow up by igniting a baseball sized ball of energy in his hand, tossing it at the launched, headless spider in order to destroy it completely. He really hates spiders. Meanwhile, he hears Kuma roaring triumphantly as he seemed to have ripped the head off another spider with his jaws. "Good job buddy!" Byron calls out. Though they were fighting the spiders, he looks to the big winged guy, the fighter in him wanted to test his might. His fighting spirit was coming back even in all the chaos! He ignites two more energy balls, throwing them at two more spiders while Kuma found another to tackle.
[19:24] Katy shakes her head in frustration and grumbles into her PAE com "Primary target still up .. no visible effects ... need to try somethin' else ..." only to be confronted by more incoming enemy fire, gladly directed towards the two angels beneath her. Katy would have tried to assist her allies by deploying a barrier shield, yet she was now in desperate need to regain her thermal balance, trying to descend into cover behind Zeph's tank for her cooldown phase and using this round to vent excess heat.
[19:25] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR curses. Even with the added firepower, it is getting too much. She switches back to the cannon and makes sure it loads another ice round, but rather than attack the winged monster directly, she instead aims for the barrel of the gatling gun. She wasn't sure what would happen, but even if the monster could melt the ice away, the explosion, combined with Hell Guard's attack overheating the ammo while she simultaneously froze the barrels and spinning mechanism, could at least damage the gun enough to have...explosive results. She wondered how the creature would react to her own weapon exploding in her face.
[19:26] Constance was busy concentrating on protecting Alicia as it seemed the spiders being dragged were impervious to the Holy effects of her spear, though several were diced and off Alicia's back.. she continued to glide along behind the bald nakie female as she played the protector and would slice at any spider who attempted to come near the female.. her eyes would widen then as her tall frame jolts violently to being pelted with a few gatling rounds as blood and feathers would splat on the ground below.. she'd sharply maneuver to the side as she watched the bald female begin scaling the creature. She'd wince an eye closed as she'd land for a moment to cast a heal on herself.. her frame radiating a bright holy flash as she'd shake her head. She'd charge another Greater Soul Arrow to her spear tip again and would aim it at the large winged creature's center mass.. the velocity now seemingly increased exponentially as it roared towards the demon
[19:28] Nameless was fire! She had been trying to deal with her madness, it had begun to swell inside of her and she wanted desperately to not turn against everyone! She had distanced herself, only to find out the sword she was using was fueled on by the madness she generated... She let the madness run rampant and pointed her sword at the battle field, fire erupted around or on the spiders as she landed softly, an ice blade materializing in her empty hand. She seemed really really giddy, "Miss me?" She was almost hopping up and down with excitement as the madness worked to overwhelm her senses!
[19:36] Scene: Hell's blast and Zeph's shot impact the weapon and rip it apart, but its firing raw magic so there is no ammo to destroy. Alicia's climbing finally gets the creature's attention when the flame aura doesn't keep her away, jets of acid starting to spurt out from its body now. Byron keeps tearing through spiders, but more leap over the defensive line and push past troops caught up in webs. Constance's shot slams into the center of the creature this time, its speed not enough to evade at close range, the holy power having some increased effect along with the hard impact, but not as much as would be expected on a full demon, only wounding it rather than tearing through, revealing the inner body to be as stone-like as the outside. Nameless's inferno engulfs another wave of spiders, but again more keep pouring in, the blasts only buying a short reprieve. The scaled creatures collapse fully and go still as the radiation totally overwhelms them, and the main figure swings its sword, unleashing a wave of flame across
[19:36] Scene: the battlefield with a primal roar
[19:38] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) blinks at the wave of flame. She raises high and then shoots down, sliding her sword along the ground like a hydrofoil of death, slicing any spider in her path as she snaps at the creature, pulling up at the last minute and bringing the sword up its body, trying to slice it clean through the jaw if she was able, her body super heated from the wall of fire, hoping it was distracted enough to not just bat her aside
[19:42] Alicia Frakture sees the acid coming and climbs through it her flesh sizzling and burning as she makes it to his chest, grabbing a nipple attempting to tear it off before she reaches the shoulder, whatever spiders still attached to her might be burning too her physical resilience keeping her from losing any limbs on the climb
[19:45] Byron sighs. With as many spiders they take out, they seem to just keep piling and swarming and these creepy crawlers were proving to be a little tough. He knew the spiders were not the real focus.. big man is. "Kuma..." he said to his companion. "You got this buddy?" Kuma roars back, basically confirming he does. "Good. I want that guy." He points at the winged one, who was already receiving some attention as is. He blasts at two more spiders while walking towards the monster, eyes locked but senses alert. He knows the key is the altar but that was not going to be a factor unless they can get past this monster. If anything, this altar was like the previous two, hard shell with runes hidden beneath. "Show me rock," he said as his energy begins to converge into his fist, while simultaneously delivering a side kick to a spider.. "We need to get to that altar... so that fucker is going down." His eyes light up, again matching his arrow. Kuma roars loudly, agreeing with his master.
[19:49] Katy eventually cooled down to healthy temperatures and would try to ascend back into airborne mode, noticing that the two secondary targets were by now neutralized, yet that monstrous, anorganic? creep was still not down. For the moment, Katy would decide that it might be best in assisting in finishing off those bloody spiders, in before they would be able to overrun her allies. Hovering above Zeph's tank, she would switch her PPC's into a much more accurate mode, firing concentrated streams of protons at single target, with damage resulting from both thermal and kinetic energy, without causing any area effects. Katy is trying to finish up wounded or isolated spiders who were rapidly advancing, usind precision beam attacks, to help put the pressure from her allies so they could deal with the 'big guy'.
[19:49] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR notes the stone, and, as the main cannon reloads an armor-piercing round, she switches back to her 50MG and begins unloading on the exposed inner stone. "Let's see how fragile you are on the inside..." She says. The tank continues moving, redirecting to run over the spiders and squish them into spider-gut pancakes, occasionally stopping and grinding the creatures underneath her treads. She takes the tank on a roundabout path, coming around the back of the alter to flank the giant winged creature, keeping ther machine gun focused on the exposed stone to chip away at it with her explosive shots.
[19:51] Constance blinked as the Soul Arrow slammed into the side of the demon and seemed to stagger it at least.. she'd regain her composure as she fully healed from the bullet wounds and would gasp as the hell fire poured over the battle field. She'd blur her movements to take flight again as the flames singe the bottoms of her feet.. heat was certainly something she was sensitive to, and probably couldn't take many hits from .. after the fire attack from the demon she'd keep her spear charged as she gained speed and would dive down towards the demon's horned skull.. her spear elongating again as she watched Hell Guard slice upward.. she'd too attempt her own slice as she'd thump on the ground just before the demon with an outstreched spear .. the weapon would clank on the ground as a bright white holy slice of energy would follow down the demon's torso from the skull if her slice of corse was not evaded.. she'd duck her blonde head as she felt the incoming round from the tank hopefully impacting the torso that she.
[19:51] Constance hopefully.. sliced
[19:52] Nameless decided to focus the fire as it came across the battlefield, the ice sword dissipated and she made a fist, her black eyes seemed to suck in all light, but it was the madness.... The fire would swirl and focus into a tiny ball of pure fire, then explode against the oncoming spider hordes! Lightning crackled along her arms and she roared as she sent the built up energy at as many spiders as she could, trying to cover Byron as he advanced! "EAT SOME HEAT!" Her lightning blasts could reach across the entire field as she levitated, she was seemingly excited to have so many enemies to crush!
[19:56] Scene: The beast roars out in pain as Hell slices it and Alicia rips at it, its durable frame holding up still, but the damage is becoming noticeable. Zeph's shots chip away at it more, but the insides don't seem any more fragile than the exterior, in fact if anything the opposite. Spiders go down by the dozens from the trio focused on them, but more keep pushing through, the defensive line buckling more, squads of reinforcements popping in where they can to hold it. Constance's slash digs in a bit deeper, the creature's body nearly halfway cut now from the repeated attacks. The main foe stumbles backwards a bit, then its entire body transforms from stone to a mass of shaped liquid acid, its arms swinging at everyone close to it, each swing sending out waves of the fluid to splatter all around
[19:59] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) growls as she's hit with an acidic slash, her armor starting to hiss as she shakes her head, swinging her blade to try and slice off the next limb that swings at her "acid will burn through metallics, stay back from the damn fluids. Been a long time since I had any connection with this thing so it'll likely have more than a short time of rage pent up" she shouts, hanging back and firing beams of energy at it, trying to slice any limb that came near her
[20:02] Alicia Frakture tries to keep ripping at the giant but as it is liquid she manages to fall through it, as she attempts a punch, the force propelling her though his liquid form and out the other side. her skin is gone in some places, muscle and bone exposed as she lands on the altar behind him, dripping acid on it as she kneels down and throws up a mixture of radiation and acid on the altar... it is pretty gross
[20:05] Byron as he nears the creature, he witnesses it transforming into a liquid form with arms flailing all over. He takes head of Hell Guard's warning, but remains calm. He can feel pieces of his clothing starting to burn off. Some of the liquid grazes him but true to the warning, it appears as if there's a bad cut on his cheek, arm and leg, leaking blood. Kuma roars out, showing concern for his master. "I'm fine big guy," he said. "Focus on the monsters. Physical attacks won't work.. let's try energy. That seems to be the big theme of this entire thing right? "There are runes beneath that altar," he calls out to Zephyr while keeping his attention on the beast. "They feed on energy but there's a pattern to it! As for you..." he focuses on the monster. "You.... get ready to eat fist!.. Rock.. Paper... Scissors!!" While he'd usually lung forward with a physical assault, he instead punches, the energy that gathered in his fist shooting out at the monster, glowing brightly as it seemed to take a shape of a f
[20:05] Byron itself. Hopefully the damage could end it or be great enough to hurt.
[20:08] Katy in disbelief watches the primary target turn into something like an avatar of greater corrosion, immediately busy on her coms "Zeph ? If you still got a cryo round left ... this might be the moment ... freeze n' shatter, eh ?" she would then try to focus onto the perimeter defense of her coworkers tank, trying to fend off any spiders which could hinder the tank in this critical moment. If there is time, she would also try to reconfigure her particles projectors into a alternative mode, preparing to emit Bose-Einstein condensate clusters, a mass of super-cooled subatomic particles, capable of snap-freezing impacted objects. Yet it would take at least another round to switch into that mode.
[20:08] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR is protected by the shield of her tank, the acid boiling away as soon as it makes contact, but the shield seems to waver a little under the constant attacks it is facing. Seeing the creature turn into acid, she blinks, and prepares to load an ice around, but Bryon's shout gets her attention. From her position behind the altar, she has a perfect shot at it....and an armor-piercing round loaded and ready. The round in question was made to take down fortified bunkers with walls a few feet thick, so disturbing runes on an altar...well, they were about to find out. She traversed at the target, took aim....and fired, sending a tungsten dart downrange at hypersonic speed.
[20:09] Constance was right underneath the winged creature, so it would be a bit hard to evade the acid splatters.. she'd take a swipe as her frame is coated and would leap backwards as her wings flap frantically trying to throw the acid off her as her gold armor plating completely melts off.. the metallic stepas on her harness also give as her breasts would now be exposed.. she'd blush a bit before taking flight again as she'd have visable lesions on her skin.. she'd take a moment to cast another heal, but would have to focus only on that action as the acid must be dealt with.. she'd breathe out a sigh of releif as she panted softly and would wipe the sweat of her brow.. watching as the others pressed the attack
[20:11] Nameless decided to keep doing what she was doing! Lightning arced from her fingers as fire erupted along the ground, would she be able to help push back the spider hordes? If it seemed like it was an impossible task then she'd most likely just fly higher and ignore the spiders... If anything her attacks seemed to intensify!
[20:17] Scene: Hell's beams cut more easily into the new form, though severing a limb only results in the acid flowing back into shape now. Byron's impact slams into the center, causing a large spray of acid to burst out behind it, but it still stands. Zeph's round slams into the altar with an echoing boom, yet barely seems to scratch the stone of the structure. Nameless's attacks don't make much progress against the endless horde, but they at least seem to be helping the soldiers hold the line a bit longer, more reinforcements coming in steadily, but the number of wounded having to be evacuated is rising as well. The beast flails at those nearby a few more times, then slams a foot down into the ground, making it tremor and shake, the sound of earth breaking open beneath filling the area as fissures begin to form all around
[20:20] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) swings up high seeing the creature doing some big strike. She peaks above and then drops, flapping her wings and gaining speed as she holds her blade out "back where you belong...a distant memory" she states and then slams down, trying to drive the blade into its head, wanting to either finish it off or put a good wound into it to make it easily finished, not worrying for the moment about the acid as her attack uses up most of her energy
[20:22] Alicia Frakture raises her head as she finishes throwing up and seeing the opening in the earth and begins slamming her fists in a double axe handle strike to the ground looking to open the ground beneath the monster even more, trying to take the ground out from under him.
[20:25] Byron backflips and takes to the sky to avoid anymore of that acid. He can't really fly, more so using his chi to walk on air as he did previously during the battle at the first altar. The cuts from the acid were still bleeding. Chi doesn't seem to work so he opted for a new approach. Seems that Hell Guard was launching her own final attack on the monster. He only prayed that it worked. Then he notices what Alicia was doing and gets an idea. "Show me rock..." he says as his fists charges like before. "Rock... Paper...Scissors!!" He leaps down aiming to strike the near the ground beneath the beast. As his fist makes impact, he releases that energy from his fist, wanting to give it more oomph.
[20:28] Katy was trying to ascend higher into the air, yet catching some drops of the highly aggressive acidic substance, causing a local reactions with her matter, Gladly her reactive armor concept was able to adapt to such a situation, slowly assembling a thin layer of teflon, which was one of the most acid-resistant materials possible. Though this adapation of her organism was highly demanding and delaying the charging up procedure to finally launch the all too necessary cryo attack ... yet it would be ready next round. For the moment, Katy could only observe the actions of her allies and wait.
[20:29] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR grumbles. "Wasted a perfectly bloody good round....is there anything we can do about those runes before we're all spider food?" She says over her loudspeakers. This time, taking Katy's advice, she prepares to load a cryo round, and takes aim at the now-acid creature. At the very least, she thought, this could distract it long enough for Bryon to figure out its weakness.
[20:30] Nameless growled as her attention was everywhere but the guy made of watery stuff.... That would have been fun as hell to manipulate! She was shocked that it made fissures in the ground and huffed angrily, hopefully they would last until she could do this at least! The lightning and fire stopped as she focused on the ground beneath the creatures feet as Alicia hit it with her axe, she tried to make the rocks and sand shift out of the way to engulf the creature! If it managed with Byron and Alicias help, she would then raise the ground and swallow the creature in stone!
[20:36] Scene: Hell's strike drives down into the creature's head while the ground wrenches open further with the combined efforts, the liquid body exploding outward, sending splashes of acid all over, revealing a slightly smaller body of pure fire now, which floats easily off the ruptured earth. Its flame aura flares up again, swirling angrily now and building heat rapidly, enough that within seconds the air across the battlefield becomes hard to breathe properly. The soldiers begin to flag quickly from the intensity... the only saving grace is that it seems to be having similar effect on the massed swarms of enemies
[20:39] Alicia Frakture looks up at the now floating monster and launches herself at the back of its head full force jump and as she rockets at it she takes a full force swing at the back of its skull, every once of power she had behind that hit before the heat catches up to her and she is again engulfed in flame and falling to the ground.
[20:42] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR's tank being a tank wasn't affected by the temperature yet, though it could overheat if it lasted too long or got hotter. With the cryo round loaded, the condensation rolled off the barrel, fighting against the increased heat now so that the frost was melting as fast as it was forming. It was too late to load another round....but Zeph wondered if the extreme differences in temperatures would cause the monster to fragment more...."Fuck it. I'll need to reload anyways.;" She thought, and aimed for the creature's head, firing. Again, on impact the round would explode and immediately freeze to extremely subzero temperatures, not quite absolute zero but definitely colder than any location found on the planet more comparable to temperatures on the far side of the moon.
[20:43] Byron curses as though the liquid body was gone, now it revealed another form. Almost as if going slightly mad, he chuckles to himself as a familiar quote comes to mind "And this isn't even my final form!" He figured he and Alicia were on the same wavelength,, bury the monster but it ironically had a form to defend against even that! No choice, he had to switch tactics. He was heading for the alter. "Let me break the altar," he called out to Zephyr, though noticeably he started to breath a little heavy. "I did.. it before..." he felt himself sweating, of course he worked up one from all the fighting but this was like baking in a hot day type of sweat, waiting in the checkout line around a bunch of people at Walmart kind of sweat. He tries to remain focus. He notices Alicia putting her body on the line again, attacking the beast. He hoped that'd work. Breathing in deep, he pauses for a moment.. before leaping into the air. "HHHHRRRAAAAHHH!!" he lets out a battlecry, coming down towards the altar, seek
[20:43] Byron to punch into the stone to reveal the runes hidden beneath like before, yet in the intense heat, giving it his all caused him to get a little dizzy as well. Hopefully he was able to get the job done. "Now... check the energy patterns.... feed it.. energy..." he said trying to steady himself, fighting to stay conscious.
[20:45] Katy impatiently was waiting for the launch readiness indicator "C'mon ... c'mon .. we don't have time ..." until the red lock onto the primary target switches to a green state and Katy wouldn't waste a microsecond to fire the Bose-Einstein condensate particles towards the fuckin' polymorphic monster "Freeze asshole !" when directly at this moment, the hostile entity switches into an avatar of flames, confronting Katy with a very bad situation, because .. her thermal balance was now ruined and exposed to the heat wave combined with the discharges of her PPC's would immediatley cause an 'emergency shutdown', resulting into Katy crashing down into the desert ground and remaining there inactive and smoldering ...
[20:48] Nameless loved fire! She formed a singular icicle above the battle field... It was massive! Her voice echoed across the field as she concentrated and made it as quickly as she could, "Looky looky!" The ice melted which is what she wanted... More fireballs appeared around the icicle as it melted into sixty tons of water... Yea she was doing this! "HOLD YOUR BREATHS!" And simply let it drop on the fiery demon thing! Sixty tons of water was a very big amount, and she couldn't even focus on defense... But it was fine, she was slowly going insane! Side effects of Madness included Fearlessness the urge to cuss and constipation!
[20:49] Scene: The temperature keeps building, the creature fully intending to scorch the area into oblivion, but then the twin shots slam into it as Alicia slams into the back, the combined forces and energies causing what remains of the creature to explode with a scream of rage and one last wave of flame, the area going still for a moment apart from Byron's punch, which does more damage to his hand than the altar, then as the heat begins to fade from the battlefield the other conflict resumes in full
[20:53] Byron yells out in pain. He has a strong punch but god, that damn altar, also this heat. So hard to breathe and focus properly. He probably didn't put as much into it as he had though. Being so hot and short of breath would do that. Shaking his hand as if to wipe off the sting of the failed blow, he tries again. Thanks to the efforts of others, the beast was finally down and it wasn't as hot. So he stands at the altar, like before, feet spread, hands at his side, eyes closed. Breathing steady. He needed to regain his wits and strength after that intense heat. Kuma continued watching his back, fighting off any monsters that tried to go near.
[20:56] Katy was still enforced into emergency shutdown, though the glorious amount of water splashing down onto the battlefield was a welcome boon, preventing a full organism meltdown. Hopefully her allies would now be able to advance to the altar and deactivate the final puzzle of runes or sigils.
[20:56] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR sees Katy falling to the ground, smoldering from the heat, and she backs up, opening the hatch. "Katy! Here!" She says, throwing something at the woman's body....it looks like an armed grenade, the type you launch from a grenade launcher, but blue in color. When it impacts the sand next to Katy, it detonates with a similar effect to her cryo tank rounds, encasing the sand and area around Katy in very, very cold ice to cool the woman down.
[20:58] Nameless resumed her assault on the hordes of monsters, but as the madness consumed her she began to have less and less regard of friendly fire... She was shooting randomly and hoping people knew how to dodge! Actually she didn't give a damn if people dodged!
[21:01] Scene: The lines are still holding for the moment, but the reinforcements are starting to slow down while the enemies' numbers don't seem to diminish at all. As Byron gathers himself he'd note that there are no runes at this altar, and all the energy seems contained purely to the artifact pillar rather than dispersed around like the others
[21:04] Byron opens his eyes and stares at the altar, noticing and realizing it is definitely different from the previous altars. That actually explains a lot. He calls out to Nameless, "Hey, mind giving me a hand?" he said. "Create more water and you"-he points at Zeph-"Get another cryo round ready... build a wall to keep those things out. Now Nameless.. we know each other well... I can still see the madness in you but you saved me from mine... but I know you can see energy too... do you see what I see? We need to figure this one at." He points at the altar pillar, taking note of the energy from it.
[21:07] Katy internally sighs in relief, the moment Zeph tosses the cryo grenade towards her, the critical temperature indicators decreasing almost immediately and the organism returning into an active state. Katy would of course grumble a 'THANKS' towards the tank, then gestures over to the altar "I can deploy a Phalanx shield emitter to grant us at least some cover .... hope you guys are able to figure out that magic stuff, eh ? C'mon, lets go ..." she would stomp forward and try to deploy a PAE standard hardlight barrier close to the altar, then try to defend that key position.
[21:07] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR a cryo round was loaded, and Zephyr nods at the request. Backing up against the side of the altar, she faces the oncoming creatures and fires, but instead of aiming directly at the creatures she aims for the ground in front of them...on impact the exploision of cold and frozen sand makes a wall about 10 or so feet high, which instantly freezes into a tough, nearly inpenetrable wall, strategically located to suppliment Katy's shield.
[21:09] Nameless giggled as she summoned a wall of ice, "RIGHT! WATCH YOUR TOES!" It slammed down and split in two, then made a wedge to try and funnel the enemies to the energy shield thing! "GOOD LUCK OUT HERE!" She landed near Byron and looked at it, "I have no idea what this stuff means! Maybe we should just break it!"
[21:12] Scene: The soldiers' lines continue to flag and break under the strain, more and more having to be rushed out of the area before they're overrun. The altar shows no unique features, just smooth stone and the beam, with a small wand floating in the center, the energy pillar thinner but much more intense than the others
[21:15] Byron notes how the energy seemed to come from the wand. Was this the artifact they needed? "You might be right," he replied. "I mean the others got destroyed and yet..." He wasn't entirely trusting. He tries to check for any energy signature, not wanting to fall for a trap. He reaches towards the wand, being cautious. "Watch my back," he told Nameless as well as Kuma. "Check for any traps or odd energy signatures."
[21:18] Katy does of course notice the floating artifact inside of the beam "Alright, i'm not goin' to stick my hand inside of THAT energy density ... you guys got an idea to push or pull the wand out there ?" she glances over to Byron, then to the nameless person and back to Zeph "Teleportation perhaps ? Anythin' ?" only to be confronted with Byron actually trying to be bloody brave, or super reckless "Uhhh ... be careful ..."
[21:20] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR reloads the main cannon, grumbling as she opens the hatch and looks back at the three at the platform. "Just letting you know, I'm beginning to run low on this cryo ammunition, so it would be appreciated if this business could be wrapped up in a timely manner?" She says, sounding irritated but trying to remain polite. Her irritation seemed more for t he intensity of the battle than at her companions.
[21:20] Nameless swatted his hand away, "I wanna do it!" She was unbearable when she wanted to be difficult! She huufed and placed a Barrier around Byrons hand, it would flex and move with his fingers, but prevent something bad like limb loss! It could take up to and including sixty tons of pressure before breaking or giving way! But it would let him make a grab at it without actually touching it! Hazaa TK powers!
[21:23] Scene: As Byron reaches towards the pillar he would feel it not only start to eat at the flesh, but also at his chi itself, Nameless's barrier being torn to shreds in the blink of an eye by the force directed through this point. The one thing he would discover though is that, unlike the previous energy flows, this one doesn't seem to physically block movement
[21:27] Byron quickly withdraws his hand the moment he felt the sting at his fingertips. It was like touching a hot iron as an idiot child and having let it linger a second too long. He looks to Nameless, remembering her TK abilities. "See if you can grab it with your power," he said. "Clearly touching this thing won't do and it feasts on chi too. Whoever designed this clearly wanted to create a false sense of security for just this one right here... I bet the other two altars were merely dummies." He rips off a piece of his shirt, wrapping it around his hand, which seemed to have taken punishment in this third round. Kuma roars his concern but Byron gives him a thumbs up.
[21:30] Katy groans and would request a PAE standard medigel applied, offering it to the wounded Byron "Here, it usually helps ... and don't try that again ... " she would then return back to the altar and stare at the nameless person "Telekinetics ... yeah, that might work ... it's worth a try and i would prefer it instead of tryin' to mess around with our last option ..." leaving it open, what she was thinking about.
[21:37] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR hands over the medigel, at about the same time the tank makes a very ominous sound and coughs to a halt. "SHIT!" Zephyr curses and leaps out, going around the back and opening the engine compartment. Smoke streams out as the fuel cells emerge. "Bloody hell, one of the fuel cells was damaged by the heat....Katy, keep me covered while I reroute some lines."
[21:37] Nameless made squinty eyes, it wasn't necessary as she was mostly blind anyway! "K!" She turned and focused on the flute thingy inside the tube or something, if she could just get her power to materialize inside the barrier then she could make the thing fly out! Maybe... It had eaten away at her TK barrier... It could be different by trying to grab it with TK?
[21:39] Scene: Nameless's power grabs onto the artifact and nudges it slightly, but quickly gets torn apart by the energy, requiring her to keep re-focusing to move it a little bit at a time. Meanwhile the breaking of the infantry line continues to speed up, a few holes allowing the massed shamblers to start moving directly towards the group
[21:42] Katy in a hast jumps over to grant Zeph some cover during the improvised repair procedure "Holy hell, we really need to hurry up ... we're about to get overrun bloody soon ..." she wouldn't really notices what the nameless meta was doing, but she was hoping that she would be somehow able to acquire the stolen artifact, in before Katy would try to toy around with gravity ... with mostly certain catastrophic sideeffects ...
[21:43] Byron sighs at the latest failed attempt. "What do we have to do?" he said aloud. "Keep trying Nameless. He stands guard behind her, still trying to figure out a plan, but hoping the tk tactic works.
[21:44] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR curses, her hands deep inside the engine as she tries to do her makeshift repairs. "Come on....bloody piece of shite, I swear if you get us out of this I'll give you a full overhaul back at the tower. I'll even use the good tools, promise." She looks up. "Someone get on that MG turret and lay down some covering fire, please!" Her hands finally find the damaged lines, and she begins work at finding their reroutes and doing what she can to get the engine running again.
[21:47] Nameless grumbled and seemed to be getting more and more irritated at the lack of movement her powers were providing! She growled as a big chunk of rock riped out of the ground and seemed to levitate around for a moment when, like a guided rocket, shot towards the barrier to try and hit the damn flute! She was still trying to do the grabby with the TK energy too... Completely focused on putting her wrath on the thing that didn't want to move!
[21:51] Scene: The hordes surge through in increasing numbers, rapidly closing in now, the rock simply disintegrating on contact with the energy, but finally the grabs manage to bump the base of the wand into the side of the pillar, and like the other 2 artifacts it crumbles to dust, an earth-shaking scream rolling across the wastes as all the creatures dissolve into mist and get sucked up into the gateway overhead, the gate itself collapsing inward and the dome around the central altar flickering out, revealing a scorched crater as all that remains of that whole area. The soldiers that hadn't yet been evacuated collapse to their knees in relief as the battle finally ends
[21:54] Katy notices the severity of the continuously deteriorating situation, restructuring her quad back effectors to be able to jump inside of the tanks .50 turret and would try to defend against the onslaught of monsters, until suddenly a scream shakes the very foundations of the earth and the creeps vanish into nothingness "BLOODY HELL ... YOU DID IT !"
[21:56] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR manages to get the reroute conneced, and closes the engine compartment. "I got it! I got-" She looks up at the scream, watching slack-jawed as the hole collapses, dragging all the nasties in with it. When it settles and silence descends on the battlefield. she blinks. "We...we did it! Bloody hell..." She says, bracing against her tank and grinning lightly.
[21:57] Byron looks around, letting out a relieved sigh. "We saved the world," Falls to the ground, relaxing on his back as Kuma comes near, nuzzling him with his nose and licking his face wound.
[21:59] Nameless giggled happily as the thing disintegrated, "Yay!-" *Earth shattering scream blocks out most of what she says.... "-stuff!" She stands up and spins in time to see the last of the monsters poof into mist, "Damn it all!"
[22:02] Scene: Several figures zip up out of the scorched crater and out across the battle zone to see to the forces, while one other floats up slowly, Lady N giving a friendly wave as she makes her way over, a faint glow lingering around her body but otherwise seeming normal, she gives a small grin, a hint of laughter in her voice as she speaks "About time... I was starting to think you all decided to take a siesta out here... good work everyone"
[22:02] Byron lifts his head. "Well where you been?" he said. "We could've used a powerhouse like you!"
[22:05] Katy returns a slightly synthetic sounding laughter and raises a hand in greeting "Yeah ... you're late, Mayor ... you missed most of the show. Though, i've got that bad feelin' that it isn't really over yet ..."
[22:05] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR climbs up on top of the tank and surveys the battle, blinking when N makes her appearance. "Mayor N? What the bloody hell brings you all the way out here?" She says, though she smiles lightly and sits down against the tank's turret.
[22:05] Byron closes his eyes to rest. "We'll I'll rest a bit then heal at home," he said. "But thanks for the medpack, usually able to heal myself but this would help push it."
[22:06] Lady Nightmare laughs a little "I've been here the whole time... myself and a few others were in there, keeping the doomsday fairy from obliterating you all while you worked. You didn't think she'd have just ignored your efforts if she didn't have her hands full, did you?"
[22:07] Nameless wanted to blow up the mayor... but she had just helped save the city... Conflicting interests! "I would hope the fucking Mayor helped...." She made a gesture and then a crazy face before giggling. Trying hard to not destroy anyone right now was a real chore! "Whats the reward for being awesome and stuff?"
[22:09] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR coughs, scratching her neck. "No, that...makes sense, Mayor...." She looks around, humming. "Can I interest you chaps in a ride back to the city? I think I got the engine running well enough for a simple road trip."
[22:10] Katy frowns with a certain disbelief in her receptors "Wait ... what ? Are you tellin' me, that you were toyin' around with the heraldess of doom all the time ? I mean ... c'mon ... thats a bloody big claim, Mayor ... " she chuckles a bit and jumps down from the tank "Seems it's a reward of your authority, to enjoy the 'fun' parts of a cataclysmic battle, mh ?" she winks.
[22:13] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR hums. "On second thought, probably best the Mayor arrange transportation....not sure if my improvised repair will hold." She says, climbing in. "I'm going to take this thing back to the tower and get started on that promised overhaul. Katy, you want a ride or were you going to hang around out here for a bit?"
[22:14] Lady Nightmare smiles at Nameless "There are always benefits for those that have helped the city, they can come in many forms... we'll have to see what best suits you" giving a smile to Zeph "I'll be fine... will have to check in on all the other forces after you, before I head home" then she chuckles at Katy "Well, it was rather invigorating... but ultimately we were just a distraction so this team could do the important part. I'm just glad the plan went off, though reports said there were quite a few severe injuries"
[22:17] Katy returns a nod to Lady N "For once you really were able to unite the town ... suppose thats the greatest achievement possible." she winks and would crawl back on top of the tank, slamming her fist on top of the turret "Lets drive home, Zeph ..." and of course adding a wave towards the nameless meta "Keep up the good work, 'hero' ... you've got potential !"
[22:17] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR nods, and the tank grumbles to life, the makeshift repairs holding. "I'll be sure to spread the news tha the threat's over. You can all expect a hero's welcome back home! She says, then the tank rumbles off....
[22:18] Lady Nightmare gives another wave as the tank starts rumbling off, then she starts heading towards the injured soldiers to coordinate medivac

Post Reply