Footsteps Among the Departed

This is where you go to get IC news from roleplayed events in Celestial City. Comments MAY be OOC or IC, so please indicate which one. If OOC, put your comments in parentheses (()). If IC, please indicate which character you are doing.
Post Reply
DeuxBlackthorn
Site Admin
Posts: 467
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:25 am

Footsteps Among the Departed

Post by DeuxBlackthorn » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:28 am

[16:59] Drexia flies down and lands near the entrance, having heard of some kind of expedition
[17:02] Spyder-Bitch arrived at the scene, arm band of the Vanguard proudly on display. She was told by Lady N that she would either be in charge of other Vanguard members there, or second in command if Mythos was there. She crossed her arms, waiting to see who all will arrive.
[17:08] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR pulls up, parking her jeep and retrieving her shotgun from the back. "Guessing this is the meeting point?"
[17:09] Drexia: i believe so at least
[17:09] Gideon saluted Zephyr as she approached the group. "Sup, chief? Yeah, I think this is the place."
[17:09] Sigrid crawls out of Miss Zephyr's jeep and gathers her scientific equipment, humming a happy melody
[17:11] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR nods to Gideon. "Gideon. Good to see you...Quite honestly I was beginning to fear for your wellbeing."
[17:11] Ghostwalker was nearby, watching, observing. He was silent as the grave, and prepared for battle. Unsure of who was trustworthy and who was not, he opted to take the stealth approach.
[17:11] Spyder-Bitch looked at those gathered, recognizing a few of them, "Just an FYI to everyone here, We're in charge of the Vanguard unless Mythos shows up." She'd look over to Sigred, and frown behind her mask, "Hey, Sig? Sorry about last night and if We got you in trouble at all. Didn't mean to."
[17:12] AremusFireheart: Catastrophy was a bit further away from the group. Leering over the entranceway into the old city. What mysteries awaited him, mysteries that were awaiting him. Yet. Something else was in the shadows too. Occupying a similiar place. Were they aware of each other? Or simply... "Hey there." He called to Ghost Walker in a small tone, also not wanting to be discovered by the in group.
[17:12] Gideon: "Pfffft, don't worry about me. Docs tell me I got another thirty years in me, bare minimum, before my biology catches up an' kills me."
[17:14] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR looks around at the crowd, tilting her head and looking at Spyder. "Sounds fair enough, as long as you don't interfere with me taking care of my people. Are we expecting trouble?"
[17:15] Celestial Star flys in and hovers over the scene. Speaking into her comm "Celestial Star on site"
[17:15] Sigrid moves over beside the PAE's head of security, a bit absentminded checking through various pages of data. When addressed by the 'Queen', little Sigrid would wiggle her fingers in a friendly greeting "No need to be worried at all. The situation has been clarified with Lady Nightmare."
[17:15] Drexia looks over to zephyr "Well, considering that people are gathering and quite a few are in costume id say trouble is inevitable"
[17:16] Gideon: "Chief, let's be honest. They're spooky fuckin' ruins below the surface of a recently populated alien planet. There's gonna be trouble."
[17:20] Scene as the first couple people start approaching, the guards on duty raise heavy weapons and aim, but they soon start recognizing faces and lower them again, waiting for the arrivals to taper off before the leader speaks in the mechanically-masked voices armored Vanguard agents always use "Good evening everyone, may as well get started on sitrep. We broke through the compressed rock wall a couple hours ago. The cavern seems to be stable, though use of heavy arms is not recommended once you're inside. We've not seen any signs of activity from the entryway, but the area is pretty thoroughly trashed. Scans have shown a large open cavern with several mostly-intact buildings... we're hoping at least one of them will have scientific records for the previous inhabitants... top priority in there is data collection. Any questions?"
[17:21] Drexia steps up and nods "What should we expect? Any kind of resistance, wildlife or otherwise?"
[17:23] Spyder-Bitch looks to DAX/2, and shakes her head, "Wouldn't think of it. We're all on the same side here." She'd hear Celestial Star in her comm, and would look over to her, "Sweet! Our favorite blonde friend is here! N said We were in charge until Mythos gets here." She looked back to Sigrid with a smile, "Glad to hear it." She looked to the guards at the entrance of the cave, and would nod, "Thanks for the update. Is it well lit down there or are we going to need flashlights?"
[17:25] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR nods lightly, pulling her shotgun and checking the chamber. "Quite...PAE, Fall in on me!" She calls to the other PAE members, racking her slide and putting the shotgun back up. She regards the guards at the entrance, frowning when they almost fired upon them. "Oi, check your bloody targets before raising a gun, aye? " She looks at Spyder. "Where do you hire these prats from? The bottom of a bloody dumpster?" Regardless, she listens to the briefing, sighing as they mention the use of heavy weapons. "Right....so keep explosives to a minimum."
[17:26] Gideon raised his hand to ask the exact question that Drexis asked, and decided to drop it just as quickly. He stood silently, observing the proceedings until he had reason to speak or act. His guardian's form flickered briefly behind him when the troops raised their weapons, though he managed to hold it back before it could attack.
[17:26] Sigrid almost bumps into Gideon while calibrating her scanner equipment and then listens to the short briefing, raising a hand to indicate a question "Are breathing filters sufficient or is full protective equipment with oxygen supply required for this excursion ?"
[17:27] Ghostwalker remained silent as he listened to the sitrep. He remained at the back of the group, out of the way, out of sight, and out of mind. The Ghostwalker was living to his name, tonight.
[17:30] AremusFireheart: Why was he talking to a rock? He had thought it had been a guy. Like a full guy. NOPE! "You stupid idi-" Was all he muttered to himself as he saw the heroes and the research team ready their expedition into the old entrances into the ruins. Alright. Time to prepare for his chance. Quietly the thief and looter was prepping some equipment. Firing off a cable to attach to the cliffs above the entrance way. The window would be simple, enter in as the security was allowing the rest of the group in. Exit out as the rest of the group was out. He took some breaths and did an even silent pray for good luck. He didn't even remember still being Catholic. Go figure.
[17:33] Celestial Star nods to Spyder and looks to Z3PH-YR and PAE "Preferably keep the explosives non existent."
[17:35] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro): Rolled in her usual haphazard way looking around a moment. " Soooo i was told danger, excitement.. " Limly air quoted the next part "a good exersize." Am i in the right place?" Limly stated rocking back and forth in boots that seemed like they would make such an act difficult. " She quickly moved on looking in the cave from where she stood " Its rather dark, I assume somebody has a flashlight, if not i might be able to help some?"
[17:37] Samantha Iseli: j/me hurried up to the gathered group, breathing a little heavily, having been worried that she'd be late, also unused to wearing an armoured vest and carrying a medical bag stuffed with as many supplies as she could. She bends forward enough to place her hands on her knees to catch her breath, looking, her head turning to look over the assembled group. Well, she had been told she'd know the right place when she saw it, seemed that was true.
[17:40] Scene: The lead guard gestures to one of the others as light is mentioned, that one opening a box full of military-grade lightsticks and tossing a couple to each of you "You'll get a couple hours out of each of those, so should get you by... there's a little light inside too. As for threats, scans show no life signs of note, and we haven't seen movement from the access. The cave's a bit musty, but air's usable... it's had a couple hours to mingle with the stuff out here too. If that's all, you might as well get moving... oh, and watch the last step, she's a doozy"
[17:41] Drexia nods "Good to know, then i am ready to proceed" she looks around a bit to the gathered people
[17:43] Spyder-Bitch ignored the comment about staffing from DAX/2, and looked to Limly, "Perfect! Dutches is here!" She'd gesture for Limly to come towards her, as she spotted Samantha arrive. She recognized her from the Vanguard HQ earlier, and would make a motion to Samantha to come over, "Hey, new girl. Stick behind us. We'll give you some cover." She'd catch the lightstick tossed to her, put it against her arm, and would web it in place to make her easily seen by others. She'd then gesture for everyone to head on on, "Let's go then. Don't think any of us are getting any younger." She looked over at Sigrid, "Though, some are getting cuter. Right Rapunzel?" She'd then head on in, and at keeping in mind that the first step was a doozy, would fire a webline at the ceiling in case they had to climb down at all
[17:49] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR's comment was more an indignant reaction to almost being shot than anything worth elaborating on, so she moved on. She caught the light sticks and pocketed them, but retrieved a small droid from her jeep, which she activated. "Something a little more luminous than a simple light stick..though it never hurts to have backup." She arches an eyebrow at Spyder's comment towards Sigrid. "Good thing Hellguard isn't here, she might become jealous." She says with a teasing smirk. "Regardless, we've dallied long enough. PAE, on me. Watch your corners and don't stray from the group."
[17:50] Gideon glanced up to Celestial Star. "Not a problem on my end, bruh. Don't even got a grenade or nothin' on me." he assured her. His brows perked up as he received a message over his comm bead; he pressed a small button on the device, and muttered "Check." in response. He accepted the lightsticks, tucking them away in various pockets on his pants and jacket. He walked towards the entrance, intent on entering unless someone stopped him.
[17:50] zyaxa Hoxley is online.
[17:52] Sigrid grabs one of the lightsticks and goes through a final check on her PAE Pathfinder suit and activates the standard mode to operate within hazardous environment. Confronted with the Queen's verbal tease she was barely able to hide a girlish giggle behind her mask, yet the excursion into those enigmatic ruins was about to start now and lil' Sig would prepare to follow her security coworkers into the unknown.
[17:52] Ghostwalker didn't need a glowstick, and he had a rebreather in his helmet as well as his Tachyon Drive just in case things went belly-up. He adjusted the gauntlet of his Aetherterrian Tower Shield, then narrowed his eyes into the darkness. Part of being stealthy is the ability to watch those he would imagine would be the first to rush to a mistake. Becoming visible to some would surely consider such a mistake, albeit on his part.
[18:00] AremusFireheart: For a moment the thief was perched. Watching the various figures in bright costumes and armor and gear slowly shuffling into the dark abyss. The great belly of a dead beast that was the former ruins and rubbles of an old city. With grace and finesse, Frank flipped his body from above opting to trail after the group like a shadow. Except when he did he felt something… sticky. ‘Oh come’. He mouthed. As he just landed in WEB. Sypder’s ceiling web to be exact. Just… Stuck there for a moment. As he got out a knife and quietly tried to cut himself free. He didn’t know it would be there! Sue him! As for the darkness well. The burglar worked well in the darkness, his mask lined with night vision equipment.
[18:02] Celestial Star channels her energy as it visibly envelops her hands creating her own light. Staying in the back since Spyder has the front. Feeling for the different lifeforces in the area to get a headcount for if emergency strikes or get seperated. Still remaining silent
[18:02] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) stuffed the tight stick into a pseudo pocket on her left forearm, she noticed SB moving over to her and giving a slight bow. " Don't worry If anyone gets in over her head ill be there, unless of course im in over my head then your on your own. " Limly giggled a moment. " I came prepared, i have my tunes, my energy blade, and the will to punch something right in its face. So whats that about that first step now?" Limly looked around wandering if she maybe missed something but planned to fallow anyone who went into the cave without getting that answer.
[18:04] Samantha Iseli somehow manages to catch the lightsticks tossed her way, having to set down her bag to do so. She then places the lightsticks into the mesh holder on the outside of her bag, deciding to keep them for signaling people or other emergencies. At the comment on the air quality, she decided to pull a mask out of her bag, just to be safe. She just barely looked up in time to see her being signaled by the woman in the shiny spider costume. "O-okay" she replies before slipping on the mask and stepping behind Spyder and following her. "So...Uh... I'm Samantha...Or Dr. Iseli, whichever you prefer" she says to introduce herself, voice slightly muffled by the mask.
[18:06] Nicole Portola is online.
[18:07] Scene the leader of the guards signals them out of the way as people start moving in, their weapons raising once again as they scan the area around them, clearly on edge... which is logical since the entry is well into the lawless zone. For those that enter they find a smooth, freshly-dug tunnel winding through the earth with singular purpose, with a very dim light reflecting around the path from deeper within
[18:09] Drexia heads on inside and down the tunnel, apparently not having too much trouble seeing in the dark, especially with all the flashlights around
[18:10] Spyder-Bitch would look back to Samantha, "Well Dr Sam, it's nice to meet ya. We're Spyder-Bitch. We'll get to know you a bit more personally after this is over." She'd head into the tunnel, leading the charge, and would actually fire a webline at the entrance, and continually make it longer as they went through; was always a good idea to have a guide back to an entrance when you're not use to a potential maze of caves. She called out, "If anyone starts getting lost, just look for the webbing. Should lead you back out. Or, you know, if you need a bathroom break or something."
[18:12] Ishtar (masterchief.broek) had just arrived on scene , and decides to follow the group inside. Never knew when she could be of use after all!
[18:12] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR steps into the tunnel, shotgun out but not loaded. "Narrow corridor...perfect spot for an ambush if someone or something is waiting for us at the end. Gideon, you're on trail. Make sure nothing comes behind us and our egress remains clear in case we need to retreat fast." Her droid lit the way ahead as she advanced, watching ahead of her carefully.
[18:15] Gideon proceeded down the shaft, intending on keeping himself more or less at the front of the group. If something lunged at them in the darkness, his guardian's raw speed should have been far more than sufficient to intercept it- and if it couldn't, well, he probably wouldn't stay dead for too long. With Zephyr's order, however, he fell to the back of the group. 「Coma Dose」 occasionally manifested behind him, visible only to those with spiritual senses; a hulking, bone-white figure with bones jutting from its flesh in random places met their eyes, trailing him as he moved. The old man whistled the marching theme from the Bridge On the River Kwai as he walked, seemingly unconcerned about the potential dangers involved with being the last man in line.
[18:18] Sigrid was visually happy to for once get out of her 'Rapunzel' tower, all that scientific curiosity sparkling in her blue eyes when she enters the tunnel. Sigrid would switch her PAE ARPC into alternate illumination mode, trying gain a first impression on the geological consistency to evaluate the stability of the surrounding materials "Remarkable structures ... and so far, the oxygen percentage of the tunnel atmosphere seems to be tolerable." she narrates the incoming data provided by her scientific gerar, slowly and carefully following behind Miss Zephyr.
[18:20] Ghostwalker refused to go before anyone, and that was a smart thing. Intentionally taking up the rear of the group, but well within earshot. The purpose to this? Not being touched, not being heard, not being seen. Stealth is a beautiful thing. The one thing he would do is as he passed a support beam he would take a single little gadget the size of his palm and place it upon the upper corners of the structure, careful not to touch Spyder's webbing.
[18:23] AremusFireheart: But Gideon didn't know was that he was not the last man in line. Actually Frank didn't know that he wasn't the last man in the line either. Sticking further back and tailing the group as they ventured deep into the dark chasm of the old city. He only paused once. Seeing the webbing again. He glared at it. Not this time. Stepping around it as he was now tailing the group, remaining a quiet sneak at the rear guard.
[18:27] Celestial Star follows the crowd from the back. Having been briefed on Ghostwalker and familiar with his way of doing things she pays no mind. Switching her visor for better viewing in the dim corridors. She smiles to Gideon "I have our rear if you and your friend prefer a better spot" Able to read the lifeforces of those around making it near impossible to sneak up on her.
[18:28] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) stepped inside staying close to SB, limly drew the blade-less hilt at her side keeping it in hand as she fallowed because of the close quarters nature she elected to keep it turned off for the time being the oppressive nature of the enclosed space stole any joviality limly often had and in fact seemed to set her to a mounting tension. " Im glad your finding all this fascinating up their but im not too keen on getting stuck in a narrow hall if something does happen so can we move it on? the way limly spoke, even moved suggested she was resisting the urge to just rush ahead much like how the thief didnt like being in the front because sneaky limly didnt like to miss out and was raring to deck something in the snoz.
[18:32] Samantha Iseli internally winced at being called 'Dr. Sam' but kept a straight face, at least until the spider-themed woman introduced herself, then she blinked in a somewhat shocked manner "Umm...You said 'Spyder-bitch'?" she asked, wondering if she'd heard that right. Then tilted her head a bit "I am rather busy...But I suppose I could manage a breakfast or something?" she replied, internally noting that she seemed to be the shortest person here and partially wondering why Spyder called themself by a plural. She noticed Spyder attach a webline to the entrance, it was a good idea. Her AR glasses were building a map of the cave as she went, but a physical line could be more reliable. She stayed close to Spyder as the woman wandered into the cave. She didn't want to leave the large group though, especially as she seemed to also be the only one without a weapon, unless you called a scalpel a weapon. In the darkened corridor, then lenses of her glasses began to admit a subtle glow, illuminating her face slightly as
[18:32] Samantha Iseli: the built in night-vision function began to activate, though at a low level given the illumination provided by the others with lights. She looked over at Limly, idly wondering if maybe the woman was claustrophobic. She could certainly understand the apprehension, even shared it to a degree.
[18:33] Scene scans of the tunnel show that the bracing was properly done... what would have collapsed on its own is -relatively- stable now. The path is a single straight line, with no room for getting lost or ambushed, though as you walk the dim light grows just a little stronger ahead, and insects of various types grow plentiful along the walls, many of them albino varieties, indicating they haven't seen the sun in generations. After a short while the tunnel opens out all at once into a massive cavern flooded with ruins and rubble of the old city
[18:36] Drexia walks along and makes sure she ends up at the back of the group, staying there and out of harms way until the end of it
[18:36] Spyder-Bitch continued making the webline as she walked, keeping it slightly loose as she walked, making it more difficult to snap/cut as it wasn't tight. She held her hand to her ear to speak into her coms, "Celestial Star, everything looking good in the rear?" She wanted to make sure nothing surprised them in such tight quarters. She'd look over to Limly, "Hold your horses Dutches. We don't want you getting lost at all." As the reach the end of the tunnel, she'd see the rather steep drop down. She'd take the webline she had dragged this whole time, and webbed it to the wall. She'd then fire webbing at the edge of the tunnel, and throw down 3 weblines for others to climb down. She herself would cling to the wall and start climbing down of her own accord, "Out of the frying pan, dot dot dot."
[18:38] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR would stop at the opening, looking down into the abyssal ruins. "...into the fire." She says, answering Spyder's comments. "Alright. One at a time, all of you. When you get down, wait and help the person who comes after you until we're all out, aye?" She hops down herself, using her shock absorbers and heel-mounted jump jets to slow her fall. She quickly scans the area, then looks up to see if the person coming after her needs assistance too.
[18:40] Gideon merely shrugged in response to Celestial Star's offer. "I appreciate it ma'am, but I gotta follow the orders my boss gives me. She's got more formal combat experience than I ever will." he responded, giving her a small smile. His 「guardian」 manifested long enough to look her over, nod in approval, and return to its usual cycle of de- and re-manifesting every few seconds. "Not sayin' I couldn't use any help, though. Rearguard can be a tough job if things go sideways." As the group moved up to the end of the tunnel, the old man cocked a brow. "So this is th' real ruins, huh? I thought it'd be more... eldritch. Guess I'm not as genre-savvy as I thought." he commented, waiting for his turn to descend. When it came around, he dove off the precipice. 「Coma Dose」 manifested just as he was going to hit the ground, and caught him, setting him gently on the ground before de-manifesting.
[18:43] Sigrid by now was barely able to move onwards, because she was distracted by every lil' bug crawling around the tunnels walls, taking several snapshots for a later evaluation and documentation on biodiversity "Fascinating ! The lack of the neurohormone corazonin seems to be responsible for the albinisim of these populations. They must have been isolated down here for ages ... what is that ? Ohh !" her focus would shift to the awaiting ruins, staring with awe at the scenery. Sigrid was soon busy to follow her coworkers, hoping for some help of Gideon's invisible goon to safely reach the ground beneath.
[18:44] Ghostwalker continued taking his time, planting these gadgets in the corners of the supports, careful to avoid the webbing while he listened to the chatter on the radio while he worked.
[18:45] AremusFireheart: The life signature that Frank was giving off was as clear as day, though otherwise he was well shrouded in the trailing darkness via conventional means. The cavern way was sort of a network of different tunnels. Some collapsed, Others not so much and he could feel a faintness in air ahead. There was a pocket ahead. A pocket of something. His face twisted on a grin as he slowly got on all fours. Keeping low, bidding his time as the others seemed to prepare a drop into the belly of the city below their feet.
[18:48] Celestial Star nods to Gideon "Yeah quite the sight. Though I am not getting your reference." Then answering Spyder "Alls good back here, couple laggers but nothing worrysome" She refers to the two trying to trail the pack but doesnt rat them out. Floating along the path she stops allowing the others to proceed. Seeing Sigrid analysing every little detail and falling behind her group down the shaft she smiles "Did you need a ride down hun?"
[18:56] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) looked down from the edge watching everyone find creative or safe ways down, Limly just walked off the edge in the fall her stylish boots shimmered and shifted into clawed feet like that of a tyrannosaurus spreading out the weight of the landing but still landing hard in that ohh so bad for the knees super hero landing pose, and land hard the impact causing her body to shimmer slightly as the energy was dissipated. she stood up.her outfit seemed to meld into her flesh around the upper calf the rest of it darker in shade and scaled. "I knoooooow* she said as she took that dive. " Dont worry My lady, I know better than to do something stupid..." She stated after walking off a cliff.
[18:57] Samantha Iseli idly looks at the various insects, though only taking scans with her glasses for now seeing as the group was moving, she didn't want to hold them up without cause, she could collect samples of the insects on the way out. A slight smile formed on her face as Sigrid commented on the insects. Her nightvision increasing as the lighting dimmed. Once they reach the end of the tunnel, she realizes what the guard had meant about that 'last step'. She watched Spyder attach weblines to allow those without flight or alternative movement options to climb down. She looked at her bag, and then the the cliff and frowned a little. After a moment she raised the bag over her head and slipped her arms into the straps, wearing it like a backpack as she gripped one of the lines and tentatively climbed her way down. she clearly wasn't an expert climber, but she seemed to have some experience. Taking her turn to wait at the bottom for the next person to come down before moving out of the way and finally looking around
[18:57] Samantha Iseli: the ruins "Wow..." she mumbles "Some of these buildings are remarkably well preserved..." she comments to no-one in particular.
[18:58] Ishtar (masterchief.broek) opens a small dimensional worm hole , reaching into them to draw her sword and shield. Indeed the goddess was waring to go . She leaps into the large cavern, opening her bright and shining wings wide as she would glide and then begin to fly in the cavern. She would quickly look over all the strange things in the cavern, unfamiliar ships, and old buildings. She returns to the group saying "These structures all appear to be old. that's curious though, human beings only appeared on this planet recently. Tis a mystery what this could be..unless the native inhabitant built all this?"
[19:01] Scene the cavern is nearly silent, only the scrabbling of stone as people move down, and a couple low mechanical hums breaking the oppressive lack of sound. The source of the light now visible as well, a few strange lanterns on the side of a building that are still functioning, though flickering a bit every few seconds. The air is indeed stale to those without respirators, but seems clean enough apart from that
[19:03] Drexia watches and speaks "Interesting, some of the machinery is still operational..." before hopping down, remaining behind most of the group
[19:04] Spyder-Bitch stayed up on the wall, watching everyone climb down just to be safe. Once everyone was down, she'd actually fire a webline at everyone's backs, and again, make them loose with slack. She'd go to tie them all to another webline, which she would attach to the wall and continue to feed, "Not trying to web you all up, just want you all to be able to get back here in case." Naturally, Frank would be missed in this webline offer, "We're going to take point here. Everyone keep going, We just want to make sure We're still in radio range if we need help." She figured Limly's abilities would let their symbiotes communicate with each other if anything happened. But her RPer was suddenly being called to RL, so would have to bow out while Spyder-Bitch kept a running line back to the entrance for any that wanted it.
[19:05] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR makes sure everyone gets down safely, then hops down to the floor. The light of her drone catches an odd structure-some sort of humanoid statur, its six arms looking like massive, weathered girders. "Hello, what's this?" She says, the light playing up the body of the statue to its face.
[19:05] Gideon: 「Coma Dose」 would indeed manifest to catch Sigrid if it detected that she was falling unassisted; invisible hands large enough to wrap around a grown man's torso could deftly catch her, bringing the R&D Director to a safe halt... unless, she chose to take Vanguard face's assistance, of course. "Ain't no references in what I said." he called back up to Star. "I was just thinkin' that alien ruins would look more... alien-ish." He waited for the rest of the group to pass before he proceeded, still taking up the rearguard.
[19:13] Sigrid did of course notice the friendly offer of the Vanguard officer and would totally accept any offered help the way down, additionally Gideons ghostly helper was there too. Impatiently Sigrid would then begin to inspect the very unexpected architectural style of those ruins, switching her ARPC back into virtual desktop mode to gain an impression on those flickering light emissions "Light in the visible spectrum ... I can only wonder about the responsible energy supply." trying to scan the area for other electromagnetic emissions, as well as for any radioactive indications.
[19:13] Ghostwalker looked down into the chamber once everyone else was in. He chose to keep a bird's eye view as it was the most advantageous. He looked down on the others before he began to inspect the structure of the cave itself. He paused. He remembered hearing something about this through the front door of Lady Nightmare's club... How.... coincidental. Now he was on high alert. This place suddenly screamed death trap. But how was the question. What was her scheme?
[19:16] AremusFireheart: Stragglers? He looked back behind him for a moment. Did she?? PFFFFT. Nah! Nope! He brushed it off quickly thinking that he was just getting nervous. The Thief had paid special attention to Sigrid now. AKA the only one in the pack that seemed to know what she was talking about as far as the ruins were concerned. It was through her, observing her; he could better gauge the value of what they were going to encounter in this long delve down. He made steps to advance forward. The bulk of the group gone or preparing to drop themselves. The webbing in front of him and with that now an intericate piece of cable equipment to prepare for his descent downward. He dropped into shadows as the others were gathering further up ahead. It sounded like they might begin to split off and with that in mind his attention honed back on Sigrid. Perfect. The air was beginning to thin, quietly the professional thief placed the rebreather over his mouth taking some moments to secure it properly.
[19:18] Celestial Star smiles and gently flies down with Sigrid, being sure to go slow enough so Sigrid can get some good scans. Setting the scientist down she looks around the ruins and speaks into her comm as her visor gives video feed "Are you getting this?"
[19:20] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) shrugged a bit. "If one had the will to construct buildings it fallows that same group would be smart enough to figure out A-frame roofs and masonry. Limly spoke like she was actually not just some punch happy meat-head but jumped farther down without a seconds thought just like a dumb meat-head.. Limly moved in between Dax/2 and scanning scientist lady looking around but mostly eyeing the statue... "Art is such a subjective thing...." she mused aloud.
[19:22] Samantha Iseli looks over at Drexia's comment, nodding before looking to one of the lights, waiting for the guards to survey the area and say it was safe before she moved though. She let out a little yelp as she felt something hit her back, looking over her shoulder to notice that Spyder was attaching weblines to everyone, her cheeks turning red from her undignified yelp, glad it was somewhat muffled by the mask she was wearing. Hesitantly she moves down towards the building, taking scans of the lights, it looked like they had some sort of external power source from what she could tell at a glance. She looked over at Sigrid's comment, nodding in agreement "Must be something extremely reliable to run for an extended period without maintenance...." she comments. "I have to expand the sensor package in my glasses...." she mumbles to herself as she observes the lamps "And for these lights to function this long as well..." Eventually she moves on, moving her bag back to one hand, pulling out a scanner, checking for any
[19:22] Samantha Iseli: toxic elements in the air or ground samples that she dug up, since that was her primary responsibility for the time being.
[19:28] Ishtar (masterchief.broek) walks ahead of of the group, looking arround checking for any movement. She doesn't move to far ahead, not wanting to get caught by surprise with some poisonous gas. She sighs, shaking her head "this just makes little sense, why would this extra terrestrial race make buildings so similar to 1700's earth.." She looks over the group, asking anyone in general "any of you have extra resperators? I don't want to get caught off guard here."
[19:29] Scene the statue gleams under the thin layer of rock dust gathered on it, and lockets are wrapped around several of the 'arms' on thin iron chains, though whatever images were stored in the lockets have been lost to time now. Scans of the immediate area show the lamps to be the only active electromagnetic source, and inspections shows what appear to be tesla coils rigged up to complex watch-like mechanisms of incredible intricacy, which seem to only now be starting to skip a bit and cause the flickers. The air and soil both scan as clean for the most part, with faint traces of industrial toxins in the soil. Star gets a confirmation from N that the feed is holding up and being archived
[19:36] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR cautiously approaches the statue, nudging one of the lockets with her shotgun. If it doesn't react, she looks up, directing the light to the object behind the statue. "Looks like we have a vehicle here too...likely aerial judging from the shape. Unknown method of propulsion. This place still has power..but I don't see a source anywhere. Something has to be making those tesla coils glow, but I don't see any sort of conduits or wires to follow...do you?" She looks at Star, tilting her head."
[19:39] Gideon hopped down from the landing point, 「Coma Dose」 slowing his fall every step of the way. "Wasn't wireless power transmission a thing people tried t' do at one point?" he asked. "I mean, just because we couldn't do it doesn't mean the last civilization to exist here couldn't."
[19:43] Sigrid shortly turns her attention to Samantha, offering her a view onto her ARPC screen "Please allow me to offer you a copy of my data. The scientific community should always endeavour to cooperate." yet soon lil' Sigrid is again distracted by the the lights, narrating her observations "Emissions seem to be based on a resonant transformer circuit, controlled by elaborate fine-mechanical setups ... generation of necessary emission energy is still intransparent." she would then advance in front of the peculiar statue and continue her documentation " .... artifact #1 ... artfully designed relic that provides an possible insight into the lost culture ... again a technophile pattern could be interpreted into this creation ... "
[19:44] Ghostwalker was silent in his acrobatics, and preternatural with his grace. Jump, flip, crouch, and he was on the roof above them perched on the roof over the building that looked like a church. Another somersault and he was over the side of the building, landing without a whisper of a sound right beside the vehicle. His mask's lenses went through a number of filters. He also began scanning through things... but unlike the others, he was looking for explosives, bombs, anything that could be a weapon. He was on edge. If there was a trap, this would be the perfect place to set it. The perfect time to spring it was right about now. This place was a veritable kill zone.
[19:47] AremusFireheart: The group seemed to be gathering around the old artistry and machinery on the street level. This deemed like a good time to get a better vantage point. At the base of the landing zone, Catastrophy tried to slip through the shadows. Keeping low and quiet and reaching for one of the collapsed structures overlooking most of the old paveways. The climb itself did not look easy. The whole structure was uneven and filled with strange foot falls. He actually took some steps back, climbing gear prepped as he began first a free climb up. Jumps and leaps and pulls along a jagged messy cityscape as he propped his body up and with a final leap got ontop of… the same building Ghost was on. Not that the burglar had realized that as he took a few moments to catch his breath. Whew. Good job Frank. Good job.
[19:49] Celestial Star hovers over the group as she scans and gets video for N "Good, feed is working" Keeping sense open for any lifesources besides the group and the 2 shadow figures
[19:51] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) started to explore a little her self mostly cleaning windows panes and looking in to the structures as best she could. but had little to offer at the moment as everyone seemed to spread out looking for something, they know not what.
[19:54] Samantha Iseli rummages around in her bag at Ishtar's request, she didn't know how many people were coming on this expedition, but she had room to bring six respirators without sacrificing other supplies "I have some spare respirators" she offers, holding one out for the winged being as she looked over the scan results "Hmm..." she comments, placing the scanner on her bag and typing something out on the air infront of her as if on a keyboard, probably a report. Her glasses copying down the information provided "Thank you, and I agree." she goes to offer a view of her scanner in return, only for sigrid to wander off before she has the chance. She looks over the provided scans of the lamps, combining them with the data from her own. "Yup... I need to upgrade my sensor package for sure...About all I could see was the mechanical system, reminds me of an analog watch actually. I'm not getting any interference from ambient EM fields though, so if there is a wireless power system, it's not anything that's interfering with
[19:54] Samantha Iseli: my equipment. But converting wireless energy into mechanical energy, back into electrical energy is very inefficient...." She shrugs again, syncing a 3D model of the lamp to the actual mechanism in one of the lights to observe the function in action, noting the flickering was in time with gear skips.
[19:59] Takamachi Mikoto comes walking up like she was always here.
[19:59] Ishtar (masterchief.broek) looks over at Z3PH, shaking her head "No wires indeed, these also appear similar to what Tesla had attempted to invent." The winged woman appears puzzled, simply shaking her head. She notes how the lights seemed to flicker, musing to the others "think they discovered infinite energy somehow?"
[20:00] Scene the locket simply swings back and forth after being nudged, the rattle of metal on metal quite loud in comparison to the tomb-like calm of the cavern. Scans of the small flying vessel show that only a couple minor pumps are still barely functioning on the last trickle of energy coming from the clockwork engine, and otherwise it seems to be totally inert. Star's life sense just picks up the countless miniscule blips of the copious insect life here, nothing larger, and they seem to be actively moving away from the noises and lights. Samantha's reconstruction reveals the inner workings of the lights' engines... that they actually function on a closed circuit, the electricity arcing along the coils to generate light and then feeding right back into the very mechanism that generated it, providing endless light at only the cost of energy lost to heat during conduction.
[20:05] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR looks over the machine carefully, then turns away. "We don't have the materials to move any of this out right away...let's keep searching further in and see what else is awaiting us." She pauses, looking up at the toppled building ahead. "Looks like the only way onward is through that building...anyone have any climbing gear handy?"
[20:10] Gideon: The old man pulled his M60 from his back, readying himself to stand about and look intimidating to any potential assailants as Sigrid and Samantha went about the scientific work. He was only an average shot, and only really carried the LMG for appearances; if trouble actually arose, he would be relying on his 「Guardian」. "Evenin', boss." he said as Mikoto walked in. "Uh... sorry, chief. I can lift people one at a time with 「Coma Dose」, but I don't have any real climbin' gear."
[20:13] Sigrid continues on her expeditionary documentation "Artifact #2 ... a vehicle designed for two passengers, possible flight capability ... another elaborate precision engineering clockwork can be observed with minimal function." she would capture more images to interpolate a holographic representation of the flying vessel. Eventually Sigrid seems to be lost in her ARPC's display, thinking aloud "Assuming these generator are based on self-induction, the conductors will inherently heat up, resulting into a loss of power. The second law of thermodynamics rules out the possibility of constructing a perpetuum mobile." she was visually a bit perplexed over these constructs.
[20:15] Ghostwalker continued along on his own way until he saw something that caught his eye. Oh look, a pylon---an alien generator. The Ghostwalker realized what it was easily. It still had some juice in it. He put another disc the size of his palm underneath it. He then straightened himself up and walked away to find a nook to crouch under.
[20:16] AremusFireheart: Infinite energy? Now those were words that the thief liked to hear. A power source that could go indefinitely would be a priceless find. Especially to the right buyer. Especially back to the government. He glint a smirk though it could not be seen underneath that respirator mask. Slowly prowling along the faded dead roof tiles of the collapsed building. Eyes following their movements and motions even in the dark. Biding his time patiently. And now. Now was his time to show his hand. There was talk amongst the group to scale into the next building. He took a breath somewhat clipping the grappling end of cable to a sound structural part of the building. Then in a somewhat pinnache style, the thief descended down the cable that lowered him on his foot somewhat appearing in plain view of everyone. “Did someone say they needed climbing gear?” He had scaled all sort of heights and distances. He was a downright expert in it.
[20:18] Celestial Star smirks watching one of the 2 shadow figures finally reveal themselves. Looking over in the direction of Ghostwalker wondering when he will if he does. She stays floating above the group as they slowly push forward
[20:19] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) walked up to the half burried building giving the door handle a jiggle failing that a hard push ( half a ton of force ) if it gave way she would move into the room to look around . " Shouldnt we take a look in here first?" Limly pointed out the door she was trying to get into.
[20:23] Samantha Iseli continues to hold up a respirator for Ishtar as she observes the functioning of the lamp, tilting her head and reaching out with her free hand to turn and adjust the model displayed on her lenses. She had to admit, some of the functionality was lost on her, and some of it simply not making sense to her. She'd have to share the data with Sigrid, the other scientist might know more. She saved the model for later. She put her environmental scanner back in her bag and switched the spare respirator to her free hand as she picked up the bag with her left, idly wondering if she'd be able to have one of these lamps brought back for further study. The precision machining that had gone into making a zero-loss gear system alone would be fascinating to study.
[20:26] Ishtar (masterchief.broek) stops her progression, and turns back walking up to Samantha. She takes the mask offered to her , placing it over her face "Thank you , I may be immortal, but still require air to breathe." She looks at the the flickering light, as she felt something ominous from them "Well, if something does live down here, it certainly doesn't retain much upkeep. Curious though, has there been any signs of the native alien life that lives on this planet?" She asks Samantha, and sigrid since they both seemed to be the scientists arround here. She looks over Gideon as he seemed prepared for war, with a light grin on her face "Nice armaments, looks like you are prepared to fight a one man war."
[20:29] Takamachi Mikoto reaches out and several metal beams start to lift up and flatten out to metal plates then start to move together and start performing a platform of metal " Sit tight for a bit. I'll make us a Mikotovater. " Creating a slight lip on the platform to make it a -tiny- bit harder to fall off " There's something past the wreckage that's got a signifigant charge. Feels like another coil. " When she's finished she's got a platform that should fit the group as long as they don't mind standing really close. Glancing over to Limly she sighs " Please don't go forcing stuff. We aren't sure what is holding up what, and we really don't want to cause a collapse. " Then looking over to to Sigrid. " is that even possible? "
[20:31] Scene Limly's first push easily swings the door open, revealing piles of smashed furniture piled up against the lower end of the structure, along with a large pipe further up and chunks of twisted metal that would have required significant force to mutilate to that extent. Mikoto easily finds enough loose metal to make a decent sized platform, and as people move up the faint hum becomes slightly louder, emanating from the collapsed dome ahead, which holds another large tesla coil, also starting to flicker periodically as time takes its toll on even these intricate crafts
[20:35] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR the curvy-bodied bot looks at Catastrophe when he makes himself known, giving the man a once-over. "I thought I sensed someone stumbling along behind us..." She said with a light smirk. "Now...who the bloody hell are you?" She says, her grip tightening on the shotgun she held. She watched the man, before nodding to the building. "You have rope? Or something to help some of our members that are less...vertically inclined...scale that?"
[20:35] Gideon: The aged bodybuilder started as Catastrophy leapt into the heart of the group; his guardian manifested (though he supposed that wasn't particularly threatening, since most of those present probably couldn't see it), and leveled his M60 at the black-clad man. "Bruh, I dunno what your deal is, but jumpin' into the middle of a bunch of heavily armed explorers is a *great* way to get got."
[20:38] Sigrid was turning around, only to face the black clad person in front of her "Excuse me please, i'm a bit busy at this very moment." trying to continue her investigation, while answering several pending questions "Frankly i wasn't able yet to gather much information of the 'natives' other than that they seem to share a similar humanoid appearance perhaps, given the infrastructure they left behind. And regarding to the possiblity of violating the fundamental laws of thermodynamics, i ... we are entering the realm of fringe science here. There are some exotic concept which would allow for infinite energy generation ... like for example a Zero-point energy generator. But ... all of this is speculation at best." she would reactivate her omniscanner tool, searching for patterns of unsual energy density in the area.
[20:39] Ghostwalker The Ghostwalker tilted his head at the flying blonde. His eyes narrowed under that mask. How in the hell.... Also in that moment Mikoto showed up, as did the cat burglar boy. Subconsciously he gripped the saya of his own katana and grit his teeth under his mask. People were crawling out of the woodwork like ants. What a misadventure this is becoming.
[20:43] AremusFireheart: “Easy now.” First response as his arms were raised. Yet even with those open palms all was not well. His hands actually sparked with a strange pulse like energy. His notorious force of entropy at his command. Misfortune as his fingertips. Call it being prepared to get shot. “We are all on the same side I am-“ And that was when Sigrid just sort of walked over and passed him. He looked at her. “Seriously? In the middle of my reveal?” Common. Respect the tradecraft. Also it seemed the lady at the very back was literally constructing a means to get upwards. “Now that is just…” Common. He wanted to show up and show off and… dangit. He put his hands down now a little frustrated over childish things. “What is the point of even dramatically-“ He started to utter to himself. Hm? Rope? “I have better than rope.” He expressed. Reaching into that handy pack of his. “Titanium cable.” He expressed showing one of several coils. With needed pitons, hammers and even spurs for a climbing kit.
[20:43] AremusFireheart: “Easily 200 meters total. I come prepared.”
[20:43] AremusFireheart: "Just common really? An elevator?" He complained again. Feeling so! Upshowed.
[20:43] Celestial Star continues moving with the group. Keeping her place in the back as guard as she catches video for N. Seeing Mikoto arrive and build her platform she just shakes her head declining the ride as she confinues to fly
[20:45] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) poked through the debris for a moment in the room before rejoining the others. finally noticing that there was a new person in the group, she shook her head letting the others who had already had weapons on him sort it out. she turned to the winged woman with a crown giving her a whats up nod. " Hey going my way? can you give me a lift? She asked shooting her a little wink. hoing to bum a flight up the easy way and with winged hotness was besides the point. if she didnt get an answer or the answer was no limly would just hop onto the platform with everyone else.
[20:46] Samantha Iseli smiles as Ishtar accepts the mask, nodding "You're quite welcome" she replies "Most beings do need air" she says with a shrug, following the winged being's gaze back over to the light "It's possible that they simply replace the lamps when they break down..." she comments "They seem to be self-contained." She adds with a shrug "I haven't seen any signs of life beyond the expedition team, and there were no indications of fossilized remains in the soil samples, though they could be further down, or their fossilization isn't consistent with what we've seen before, but that's not my specialty." She replies to the winged woman, before moving up with the group. She listens to the hum, guessing that the flickering of the sound was similar to that of the lights, caused by the gear slips. she had been focused on talking to Ishtar and going over data that she hadn't actually noticed the new people arrive, but did notice that there were people she didn't recognize now among the group. "Personally, I vote for the
[20:46] Samantha Iseli: elevator rather than climbing" she mostly says to herself.
[20:49] Nogitsune crawled out from underneath what seemed to be an old flying machine, and eyed the Guardian as it suddenly appeared. She frowned, and looked back and forth from Gideon to it. Then to Zephyr, then to Mikoto. 'No-one else? Just me?' She moved closer to Gideon and his Guardian, glaring up at it. She didn't like it. She sniffed at it, and didn't find a scent. She liked that even less. She lept onto one of the flying machine's wings, and observed the rest of the group, frowning as she saw more faces she didn't recognize, and a few she did. She stuck nearby Gideon, for the moment, as she sifted through the information she had on anyone present.
[20:59] Takamachi Mikoto floats up next to Celestial and whispers softly, then floats down next to sigrid keeping watch over her bride to be and oher other people " Some of this stuff seems to bend the laws of physics a bit. " She comments keeping an eye out, extending her em sense out past the group a bit \
[20:59] Ishtar (masterchief.broek) nods towards the two scientists as they spoke "hm, strange. Well clearly now that we found their ruins we know that they had some sort of technology. Interesting at that, almost appears to be gear operated. Both archaic in appearance and advanced." She walks over towards limily smirking as she tries to wrap one arm arround the womans chest , and another hand firmly placed on her ass "Only because you asked so nicely sweet heart." With that she takes flight, heading upwards above the ruins.
[21:00] Scene Sigrid's scans wouldn't turn up any extraordinary power sources, though continued scans do start to pick up faint emanations coming from beyond the collapse in front of you. Limly's quick search turns up a couple minor personal trinkets, but nothing of particularly strong interest or value. The first set of lightsticks sputter and go dark for those relying on them, signalling that the team has been down here for a couple hours now
[21:01] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR tilts her head at the man when he seems to get frustrated by all the activity around him. "Oooookay....titanium cable will be...more than sufficient. As long as you can rig it up in a way so we can climb up and over without crawling all over each other like giant wolverines." She nods to the building behind Catastrophe. "We just need to get up to that balcony."
[21:02] Gideon: 「Coma Dose」turned its gaze downards to stare at Nogitsune as she inspected him. It made no moves to stop her, though its awareness of her apparently alerted Gideon to her presence. He lowered his weapon, no longer quite as wary of Catastrophy, and looked to the fox. His particularly close connection with spiritual phenomena allowed him a deeper sight than most, and he stared at her with a greater degree of awe than most would when confronted with a talking fox. After a few seconds, he spoke up. "...you sound familiar. Didn't we have a conversation about Hugh Hefner?" he asked.
[21:03] Celestial Star nods to Miko and without saying another word flies off back to the entrance leaving the group under PAE's watch as well as Spyder's
[21:09] Ghostwalker picked up signs of temporal disturbance naturally. His eyes narrowed even further under his mask. The stealthed out vigilante began to climb up the wall of the cave so that he was perched on top of the building above them like a spider. He watched them all with a hard stare. For good measure, another disc object was placed on the spot located behind his current position.
[21:11] AremusFireheart: Frank looked up to the railing. Pausing to see whenever or not the structure itself could support itself. “Give me a few minutes.” He promised. He cased the site. Some of the beams were old, or just dissolved away into nonexistence. Eventually a site was found. A bit further off the left where some of the old structure had collapsed but served as a good ballast that secure the point above from toppling over on given weight. The next thing: Was the trusty grappling gun. Connecting line of cable as he fired it forward. Sending himself up and down the old railing. Creating pitons for foot falls with his trusty hammer and securing the rigging properly. After a short while, two foot bridges were made from close to half of the cables he had brought down with him. “Use the cables off your sides to balance yourselves and take your time up.” He called from above.
[21:15] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) seemed rather unbothered by the odd way she was carried, and to even things out she wrapped her arm around Ishtar's torso her hand finding a nice home nestled against the underside of the womans breast. upon landing she was somewhat reluctantly to let go but did so offering the flying fox a light peck on the cheek " thanks I owe you one!" she said only to look around where they now stood....
[21:17] Samantha Iseli nods to Ishtar "Quite advanced, I've never seen lossless gear systems before" she agrees with the comment about the technology being archaic but advanced at the same time. She looks over the architecture the group is discussing how to climb onto "Excuse me. But, that section over here is low enough that most of you could probably just reach the railing and climb over" Fully aware of the irony of being one of the shortest people here, and one of the few unable to take advantage of the low section on her own. Even as Frank goes about climbing up to the balcony to set up lines for the others just as she starts to walk over to point it out.
[21:25] Ishtar (masterchief.broek) lands down with Limly beside frank. She looks down at him, a little smile as she looks at him "heh! cute and resourceful, I like you." She chuckles, as she looks around. She spots the larger light , as it seems to still be running despite being partially smashed . She heathes her weapons, putting her guard down for now "Seems like this place is dead.."
[21:31] Takamachi Mikoto: moves froward and leans the melal platform on the rail for non flying people to use as Ramp. She shakes her head. Walks over to where Jon had placed the disk, points a finger at it and lets out an arc powerful enough to fry it and then some " Jon. Stop it. This is a city funded research expedition, not your personal grab bag. "
[21:34] Nogitsune nodded. 'We did, indeed. You're taller than you sound.' She looked Coma Dose up and down again, before looking toward Mikoto and Zephyr a final time, almost as though waiting for instructions. 'Didn't realize they had a sale on discount Oppressors. Is Parasol really still around?'
[21:35] Ishtar (masterchief.broek) suddenly gets a call from a strange dimensional worm hole "Ishtar our queen, we need you right away!" Ishtar sighs, shaking her head "just as I was starting to have fun!" With that walks into the dimensional worm hole, returning to the pocket dimension from which she came.
[21:35] Scene the railing creaks a bit as the makeshift ladder is climbed, but holds in place at least for now. The humming grows very slightly louder as the group moves forward, but it definitely seems to be originating from the large coil, leaving it still unclear what lies beyond, though as Mikoto moves up her EM sense definitely picks up small signals further ahead. A set of stairs leads down from the balcony into what seems to be a sleeping area

DeuxBlackthorn
Site Admin
Posts: 467
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:25 am

Re: Footsteps Among the Departed

Post by DeuxBlackthorn » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:29 am

[21:37] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR jumps up, using her heel mounted jets to clear the railing, and looks down the staircase that leads into the building. "This looks like the way through, here....alley-oop!" She says, and hops down to the doorway!
[21:38] Gideon: The hulking figure wrapped its hand around Gideon's torso as he returned the M60 to his back. One hand was offered to Nogitsune, to allow her to ride along if she wished. "People keep tellin' me that. I don't think I get the reference." he muttered.
[21:41] Sigrid would follow Samantha to use the most simple solution to overcome the obstacle and to follow the expedition "Lossless gears you say ? We did commit several studies into near-frictionless materials, but we never once achieved a zero-friction material. Well ... this former civilization seems to have been rather creative and unconventional to solve problems."gesturing into the rough direction of several faint energy emission patterns "I suggest to explore this area ..."
[21:44] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) fallowed Dax/2 down the stairs after being profoundly disapointed the winged hotness lady left she wanted to pout about and makes a scene but in the interest of getting out of this stale air she pushed on into the room below and began to poke around, she was not a scientist or even knew what would be interesting to a sceintist for the most part but poked all the same, maybe she could find some cool nicknack that would look nice as a present.... " So um what should I be looking for anyhow?" she asked Dax/2 as she passed by...
[21:48] Samantha Iseli climbs up the makeshift ladder created by Mikoto and then moves out of the way to answer Sigrid "It's the only thing I can think of, even being generously conservative with heat loss, I can't find any other way to explain how those mechanisms are still operating. If you have a way to link my glasses to your tablet, I can send over the functional model" she replies and nods in agreement, peering over the railing to observe the fallen coil for a few minutes, and then looking over the building behind them, noticing a house-like structure on top, but the underside almost resembled a boat. She then turns around and follows the group into the structure, looking around the interior "Is this a carpet?" she asks no-one in particular "Some form of synthetic fiber?" she asks herself as she collects a sample to analyze.
[21:59] Nogitsune accepted the hand, and rode along Gideon's back for a bit, keeping an eye on the entity behind him. 'I'll see if I can get a stable enough connection once we're back at base camp. I should be able to find a rip of one of those games, at least. I'm certain someone brought one along.' Once they were at the bottom of the stairs, she hopped down, and sniffed gently around the room. nosing over and under a few out-of-place boards, looking for hollow spaces under the carpet.
[22:01] Scene the bed and carpet in the room do indeed seem to be made of synthetic blends, explaining how they've lasted down here. The only other thing of note in the room is an opening to a small balcony that leads out into another large open area, two more of the statues visible through it
[22:05] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR looks around the room, taking a moment to pinch her temples to clear a headache she'd developed for some reason. She then looked up, frowning and narrwing her eyes, and advancing on the door. "Something is moving outside."
[22:06] Gideon: "Oh, cool. This is givin' me, like... four different types of headaches." the old man commented, grimacing as he stepped into the tilted structure. When his commander mentioned movement outside, his gaze flicked to her. "What kinda movement?" he inquired, his previous nausea clearing up.
[22:06] Sigrid smiles beneath her breathing mask, returning a nod towards Samantha "Of course. Opening a standard wireless access point at 5Ghz, channel 7, SSID PAESCI for guest login to exchange future data." she would of course only allow access to an virtual operating system environment on her ARPC, because this was a regulation. Noticing the carpet, little Sigrid would try to assist Samantha during her evaluation and categorization of the red carpet material "The microscopic examination of the fibres will tell us more. Lets see ... it does appear quite synthetic at first glance." she was waiting for her fellow scientist to zoom in on the material, using her handy glasses.
[22:08] AremusFireheart: “Pretty sure that is just dusty old rug.” Frank sort of wheezed out of his respirator for a moment. No matter how you squinted at it. A rug was going to be a rug. At least in his petty crook brain. He traced through the old room. Not too keen on the surrounding environment. The news of movement. Well it changed the game for a moment. He went still and quietly moved to a side of the door. Trusty mirror was produced out attempting to peek outside from where he stood to see what exactly was awaiting the group.
[22:13] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) stayed up with DAX/2 if there was something that could harm people the one thing limly brought to the table was the fact that she was a virtual tank, she needed to protect her squishies.as if the party belonged to her. " So I have this plan on how best to make sure whats out there isnt going to kill us, im going to let it try to kill me if it doesnt all good, if it does, I will have its attention so the rest of you can deal with it..." Limly would instantly respond to looks like she was somehow crazy with an eye roll" I bet i can take a hit better than anyone in here, trust me i got this...." She smirked a bit all to ready to lay down on the trip wire as if it in no way could backfire.
[22:21] Samantha Iseli heard Sigrid providing login information "Uh...Hold on" she replies, rummaging through her various pockets before producing a small black oval device with a connector on one side and an antenna icon on the other, which she connects to her glasses behind her ear. "Makes it harder to hack if there's no wireless access" she says by way of explaination. She performs a couple of gestures, likely pulling up menus and then changing some settings before obviously entering the provided login information, she then transfers her data on the clockwork mechanisms, mapping data of the cavern so far, as well as air and soil analyses while she worked with Sigrid to collect and analyze samples of the fabric. "I agree, and I'm pretty sure it would have to be synthetic to last this long." She wasn't using her glasses to run the analysis though, she was using a somewhat clunky, but handheld device that she had pulled out of her bag, She pulled up the magnification function on the screen, allowing Sigrid to see the screen
[22:21] Samantha Iseli: as well, while she zoomed in on the fibers.
[22:21] Takamachi Mikoto sighs and walks through the door. She looks at the two statues and then what looks to be rotating turrets. She then lets out a sigh and mutters, " Well. Crapbaskets "
[22:22] Nogitsune snorted. Nothing was in here. She'd sniffed from one corner of the room to the other, and she moved up by the security commander as she spoke. 'It's probably a nylon or nylon derivative. Pretty common if there's oil on this world, and... I can only assume there is, given the amount of plant life.' She finally reached Zeph. '... big? litt--' she stopped abruptly, staring at the spinning motions outside, at the edge of the balcony. She squinted, flattening her ears, and lowered herself as close to the ground as she could, poking just her eyes and the top of her head over the edge to see what it was. And it seemed to be turrets. '... hm,' she managed, as she shimmied between two of the bars on the balcony, dropping to the ground below.
[22:26] Scene as people move onto the balcony, the trio of turrets spin into position to aim at it, but no firing happens yet, just shifting with each movement to keep a bead on those in the front, the sound of greased metal sliding together accompanying each movement, as well as the constant rotation of the statue bases
[22:31] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR frowns, tilting her head as if given an unseen command. The grip on her shotgun remains tight, but she doesn't raise it, instead, slowly and smoothly lowering herself over the balcony to the ground below, careful not to many any movement that could be percieved as hostile, other than her eyes switching from one entity to the next.
[22:32] Gideon: As Gideon peered out the doorway, he almost seemed relieved. "Oh, hey! Turrets. I can kinda deal with turrets. If me an' CD cause a distraction, do you guys think you could disable them? Denying projectiles is kinda our thing."
[22:32] Sigrid nods in approval when confronted with the magnified images of those fibers, running a few image processing filters to improve the revelation of the synthetic structures, recording another expeditionary note ".. discovered evidence indicating that the former inhabitants of this planetwere capable of chemical synthesis as well ... " she then is distracted by the increasing mechanical noises just somewhere outside the balcony "Oh ? It seems that more relics house a residual activity."
[22:34] AremusFireheart: Frank finally stepped out. Taking a peek at just. The massive forms in a room that was getting darker. He took his own flashlight out now. Beam of light cutting through an inky black. "...They are not shooting us." They usually did. Were they broken. "Hold on... Let's see if these got any sort of range." He promised taking a stone from the ground and giving a strong CHUCK forward trying to toss the simple stone right over the head of the turrets to see what they'd do."
[22:39] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) was not one to overthink a situation she took quick stock of the space available, then jumped hard and fast putting a full ton of force into it without really thinking of what it would do to the balcony but her plan was to vault right between her allies and the things that seemed like a threat, that was step 1, step 2 was to be as big a threat as she could to which she would begin to shape shift the moment her feet left the ground, with the intent of landing as one big nasty looking scaled beast for the turrets to find a threat and shoot., step 3 she didnt know how her allies would deal with the turrets or if they could but that didnt really bother her, Step 4: profit.
[22:42] Samantha Iseli looked up to Frank "It -is- a dusty old rug. The point is, it -shouldn't- be here, it should have deteriorated" she replied in a tone that said that this was the sort of thing that was actually really cool. She then raised an eyebrow at the mention of something trying to kill someone. She'd originally been excited to hear about something moving in the next area, but now with the mention of something trying to kill someone or something, she was less enthusiastic about that. Only to wince as Gideon exclaimed 'turrets'. The scientist part of her wanted to yell out 'don't break them too much'. The pacifist part of her wanted to yell out 'smash them into unrecognizable scrap' so that no-one could reverse engineer them. At Sigrid being distracted, she removed some sample containers from her bag and proceeded to collect larger samples from the carpet and the bedding for further analysis. A synthetic fabric that was capable of remaining intact after who knew how long, it could be very useful. She
[22:42] Samantha Iseli: observed Frank throw a rock in the direction of the turrets, expecting the reaction to be dictated by the type of sensors in use by those turrets. If the turrets were focused on the group on the balcony, it was probable that they likely tracked heat over motion. Her mouth dropped open as one of the people lept off the balcony to provoke the turrets. She groaned and quickly put the sample containers and scanner away before hurrying over to the balcony area, ready to come aid any who might get wounded.
[22:43] Takamachi Mikoto tightens her em field down and focus it ahead. She hones on on the right most turret tracing the line of power to the source. When she thinks she has the main power line. She hops up onto the railing and suddenly in a flash she vanishes and reappears next to the turret and attempts to sever the main power line
[22:43] Nogitsune moved closer, hesitantly, standing atop the nearest pile of rubble and eying the turrets as they shifted to track different members of the party. 'They may not actually be hostile,' she said, despite the evidence to the contrary. 'Area-denial or security, maybe.' Then someone threw an object over at them. 'Idiot!' she yelled from her perch, ducking back behind it in case the sentries determined that to be a hostile act and opened fire. 'They could detect that as hostilities! Don't just THROW things, Randy Johnson!'
[22:49] Scene Frank's stone sails over the turrets without notice, but as Limly leaps forward, scans emerge from the eyes of the two statues, sweeping over her quickly, followed by a booming mechanical voice echoing from them "Organics are not allowed here, leave at once" Mikoto's surge forward shows her that once again their power sources are internal, but she's able to wrench some of the delicate gears inside out of place with a magnetic field to power it down, however then the other two immediately spin on her and begin launching a volley of plasma bolts at high speeds
[22:52] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR blinks, listening to the words. "Hold it! HOLD IT!" She shouts, the second time her voice loud enough to make what few windows left behind in the building rattle, with the hopes of getting the machines attention. "Mikoto! STand down! AND YOU!" She cranks up her voice to full authority mode. "She's with us. She's just...confused. Cease hostilities and we will explain our intentions."
[22:54] Gideon: "Oh, shit! We're doin' this just like that? Okay, cool!" the old man said, sounding just a tad upset that nobody was taking the time to hash out a better solution. The old man leaped over the railing, ready to dash to Mikoto's aid... until Zephyr gave him an order to do exactly the opposite. He was momentarily torn; move to protect the CEO, or listen to his direct boss? Zephyr's orders won out only because he trusted her extensive training and experience; 「Coma Dose」 stood ready to launch him into the fray if the plasma assault didn't abate.
[22:56] Sigrid being the curious girl she is, would move out of her cover on the balcony to get a better view on the unfolding situation. Only to get confronted with the unleashed fireworks of plasma bolts illuminating the gloomy cavern, resulting into Sigrid's mandatory high-pitched girlish screaming "T-take cover ! Eeeeeeks !" but after all she was somewhat discplined enough to jump down from the exposed balcony, searching for cover behind some of the nearby mound of debris.
[22:57] AremusFireheart: NOPE! Sorry! Shit was about to GO DOWN! Holy fuck! The thief acrobat sprung into action somewhat leaping off the railing of the balcony and with a spin of his rather lithe body he landed back on his feet ready to fight. Hands now glowing with the same strange energy as he sent waves of the entropy downward. Not for the machines or even the statues but to instead hit the ground. Attempting to send a powerful cloud of dust and debris upward to give the whole group some low visibility to whatever visual sensors those plasma hurling mechanisms were dishing out.
[23:02] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) had no reason to listen to bitchy robot, but with machines litterally shooting the people she was self charged with protecting she had no other choice but to step in using her size and the wings which couldnt allow her to fly glide a short distance at most for its real reason to be able to wrap around a person and protect them danger which is exactly what limly did bounding over to try and curl a wing around Mikoto giving her cover from the incoming fire If Mikoto was at all biological she would hear limly berate her inside her own skull.. " You need to let me do the crazy things, its what i do best."though externally Limly growled feircly at the machines the look on her face was one of protective mother, and by looks would have no qualms about ripping the machines apart but for the moment protecting Mikoto was her primary goal.
[23:05] Samantha Iseli winces at the loud voice, then raises an eyebrow "Well...That would explain a thing or two" she comments idly She covers her ears when Z3PH-YR yells back, though she expects the initial voice was automated and likely wouldn't reply. She saw the scene light up with plasma bursts "Well...At least I won't have to dig out any bullets..." she mutters wryly. before looking over the balcony, reasonably sheltered from the hail of glowing bullets by the statues. She quickly slings her bag into a backpack again and climbs over the railing, dangling from the ledge before dropping down and then scrambling for cover behind the debris next to Sigrid. "Must they always charge in...?" she sighs a little and shakes her head, occasionally peering over the debris to see if anyone was in need of medical attention.
[23:05] Takamachi Mikoto was totally expecting bullets instead of plasma blasts and mutters " Crapbas-" she tried to dodge but gets nailed in the shoulder and goes spinning like in a chinese martial arts movie. When she hits the ground she scrambles forward, going into a roll and using the statue for cover "nope nope nope nope"
[23:06] Nogitsune took a few steps forward, keeping very pointedly behind the large dragon as she did so. For all she knew, Coma Dose was a ghost that had bound itself to Gideon, so she was still curious about it, but the speaking mechanical turrets had her attention raptly secured. Until the dragon moved. She scampered behind Gideon then, using him and his ghostly friend as coveer.
[23:09] Scene Zeph's move results in another scan from the statues, this time responding with "You may pass, organics are forbidden" the dust revealing targeting beams originating from each of the turrets, which swivel to target Limly now, their fire stopping so long as nobody advances further, but the guns whirr softly, making it clear that they're ready to resume
[23:13] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR frowns, advancing forward, holding up a hand for Gideon to stay where he is but mouthing, "stay ready." She walks so she is between the two statues, looking at the door beyond, then at the statues. "We are part of a consolidated recon team. We lost contact with this location and were sent by command to investigate. We also have orders to retrieve high priority materials and equipment for relocation to Headquarters, due to the nonviability of this location. I need my team to come with me to ensure a safe extraction." She gestures to the others.
[23:16] Gideon grimaced when he witnessed Mikoto being struck by a plasma bolt. "Fuck! You alright, boss?" he called out, glancing towards her position. His guardian stood beside him, its eyes locked onto the turrets before the squad. He murmured something into his PAE comm bead, looking anxious.
[23:17] Sigrid usually never comes into contact with the more violent and dangerous aspects of PAE business and with the utmost terror in her eyes, she is forced to witness her beloved fiancée getting hit by the discharge of a fully ionized gas, aka plasma "Mikoooooooo !" yet instead of giving into hysteria, she would try to activate her AEGIS personal defense shield emitter and very slowly crawl forward into Mikoto's direction, to grant her at least some cover "Hold on ! I've got some medigel applicators with me !"
[23:19] AremusFireheart: Frank was sort of on his feet. A seize fire for now but slowly he did his best to inch over as the others were closing on Mikoto. Not to help the famous hero and CEO though. Sorry Mikoto. Instead he was interested in the turning gears and mechanisms of the statue device. Attempting to discretely investigate them as if they were somehow connected to the turrets further ahead.
[23:22] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) sat ready now that Mikoto had backed off muscle tense a threatening growl issuing forth, the most primal of responses, for anyone aware of how animals behaved, and this animal is at the barrel of a gun one she didnt fear in the slightest, the only think holding her back was the part of her mind that screamed patience that we could use this tech working and not in parts. but she wanted to smash all of it for the insolence it had already shown, Limly was getting more and more into her new persona by the moment and if things didnt escalate real fast she wouldnt be able to resist her self.
[23:24] Samantha Iseli sighs in relief as the turrets stop firing "Is anyone wounded!?" she calls out, though stays behind cover, partly to avoid the turrets, but mostly because she'd rather not know what the turrets would make of her. It was about then that she also realized that the turrets had actually responded to Z3PH-YR, she was still fairly convinced that the turrets were automated, not reasoning systems, but she was curious to see how they'd react to what Z3PH-YR said this time, expecting something like 'You may pass, organics are forbidden' again. She winces when Sigrid yells out right next to her, she tries to place a hand on the other scientist's shoulder to keep her from moving forward "Stay, the others will bring her back here to be treated" she adds calmly, voice of reason and not wanting to give the turrets a reason to attack again. It was then that she had a moment to wonder where the dragon came from.
[23:30] Takamachi Mikoto was breathing heavily. She tried moving her arm and breathed in a hiss of pain " I'll live.. got a nasty plasma burn.. but I can use my arm if I have to " She lets out another deep breath. " If Zeph can get us past, Great. But I'm not letting her go in alone. Splitting the party is always the wrong thing to do we may have to shut the other two down. " While she was talking she took direct control of her sprite drone and sent it over to Zephyr just in case she decided it was a good idea to proceed alone
[23:30] Nogitsune snorted. Of course this thing, whatever it was, was more interested in keeping biologicals out than mechanicals. 'I think we've found what wiped out the previous occupants,' she said, slinking nearby Gideon's legs and keeping the turrets in-sight. She narrowed her eyes and glared at the bright purple dragon, clearly annoyed it was still pressing forward. She wasn't entirely certain she could slip past the turrets, but if Zephyr could convince them to allow the group to pass...
[23:34] Scene Zeph's comment draws no further reply from the statues, each person that advances receiving another scan, everyone that's scanned being momentarily tracked by the turrets as they start swapping targets... everyone, that is, except for Sigrid. The turrets seem to be completely ignoring her and Zeph, as if neither of them exist
[23:37] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR makes her way back, towards the room, and tries the door, seeing if it will open for her. If it does, she would look inside, and try to see anything that looks like a control panel for the sentries outside, and anything else of interest in the room.
[23:40] Gideon moved up towards the turrets, walking ever so slowly, waiting for them to scan him and order him to stay back. Whenever that occurred, he planned to freeze in his tracks and wait for further orders from Zephyr and Mikoto.
[23:40] Sigrid was trying to grant herself and Mikoto as much cover with her shield as possible, but when the turrets seem to remain inactive, Sigrid would immediately begin to inspect the scorched impact mark on Miko's shoulder "Please, we need to seal the wound with a layers of medigel to prevent an infection. Additionally the medigel should have a weak analgetic effect." she would fetch one the medigel applicators with her free hand, offering it to Mikoto "I wonder how the IFF system of those automated defenses is coordinated and how they verify an 'organic' lifeform." she ponders more to herself than to anybody specific.
[23:42] AremusFireheart: Blast! Nothing to do with the statues. His hunch was wrong and for the moment he saw the laser sight now on his chest. He only looked to the bad burn and the awful smell to tell him he didn't want anything worth that to his own self. So like a selfish coward he got back up and slowly backed up seeing the other depart into the strange bunker further ahead.
[23:45] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro): Every time the Turret changed targets it was like punch to the gut and it set limly more and more on edge. what remained of her willpower sent an omni-directional telepathic burst. "If you really must have these things not damaged i can just smother them with my wings, and keep them busy while you disable them. But so help me if they shoot anyone other than me im breaking them like a kit-kat bar." her feral like growl that escaped her lips carried along with the message.there was some kind of urgency to the message but why wasnt told.
[23:48] Samantha Iseli observed the turrets from back behind the cover, seemed that was that then. It was a voice clip short of what she expected. She watched them silently switch between targets. She had apparently failed to hold Sigrid back from going to Mikoto, so she just said "Actually, you should clean the wound before sealing it to prevent infection." as she moved around to the front of the rubble. Since the turrets were outright ignoring Sigrid, she figured it was safer to let her treat Mikoto than to risk bringing the turrets to bare on the others as they swapped targets. She did stay outside of the furthest distance she saw them scan anyone at though. She blinked at the voice in her head, though refrained from commenting, as much as she didn't want these turrets studied, she couldn't really advocate their destruction either.
[23:52] Takamachi Mikoto sighs " Okay so.. This is going to take all day if we try to be clever about it. Zeph... I'm going to send over how to stop them. Shut them down quick. " She then smiles to Sigrid after the treatment. " thanks hun. " Then she pulls out her pda and sends Zeph an image of roughly were to hit the turrets to shut them down
[23:54] Nogitsune cursed as Gideon moved away, her cover again moving to where it was useless for her and more useful for someone else. She looked up, scanning the roof for any evidence that anything small and biological had been shot out of the sky, or perched on the other side of the apparent firing line the turrets had created. As Mikoto mentioned how to disable them, though, she took a step back, again sheltering behind the larger dragon.
[23:55] Scene as Zeph reaches the bunker she finds a scanner at the heavy blast door, which reads over her and opens to reveal a simple room with an elevator shaft heading down, no switches or controls in sight save those for the elevator. The turrets keep scanning back and forth between all their potential targets, but make no other changes. Nogitsune's search doesn't show any such signs, but the design of the turrets has a very visible vertical swivel, so they at least have some ability to target into the air
[00:01] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR frowns deeply at the elevator, noting that it looked more...modern than the machines outside. She turns to the others. "Move up!" She says, gesturing for them to form up on her. "Limly! If those turrets fire on anyone, you have my full permission to take them down."
[00:02] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR also notably reloads her shotgun with shells indicating what looks like an explosion with small waves coming off of them.
[00:02] Sigrid wasn't really an expert on the treatment of burn injuries, but the medigel was specially developed for first aid at the frontlines when there was no time for dedicated wound care "It's only temporary, Miko ... but we should now return our focus to the pressing matter of this defense emplacement." hoping for Miss Zephyr to be able to discover a way to deactivate these defenses. Sigrid was still not aware that the turrets IFF system would not recgonize her as an organic lifeform.
[00:03] AremusFireheart: It had looked like what the other had been working on they were coordinating something. Slowly, Frank sort of moved over to Mikoto sort of offering his own services. “If I can touch one of those statues.” He said in a low voice. “I am confident I can knock it out.” He promised. When everything else failed, he still had his powers and they were very useful powers in a situation like this. “What exactly is the plan?” he turned to her for guidance. Then he heard the sudden call to move up. Crap. Right uh. He actually tried to do it. Making a sudden jagged acrobatic sprint. Trying to flip and turn when needed as he approached the statue. Hands glowing once more with his terrible misfortune powers sending out waves of destructive force to try to cripple the inner workings of one of the defensive statues.
[00:09] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) was glad at least one person was using her as she wanted to be used, as a sheild. after hearing Dax/2 from inside she took a bold step forward then another and another, walking right up to the middle turret, if it reacted she would dive on it and obacure its line of fire effectively taking every shot it fired, if it didnt she would continue on past the door posed a slight problem for her current size nothing that a little shape-changing couldn't fix returning to her previous form, mostly human with calves and feet like the dragonoid form she just wore for better grip on the ground.
[00:11] Nogitsune kept her position briefly. The current crop seemed to have everything handled, and she was beginning to get hungry. Whatever was in that bunker at the end of the road would be better served by people who could actually get to it. She turned around, slinking back toward the ruins' exit, and seemed to melt into the ground as she extricated herself.
[00:13] Quentin Mann aka Sordino enters the area, eyes scanning around. He's gotten pass the guards outside with relative ease. He was a man on a mission and that mission was recon and possible retrieval. The Shogun has an interest in this place and what it could offer. Sordino was the man for a shop like this. Doesn't require killing if necessary and he is the stealth guy. Precision was the killer and loved it. Before him, he witnessed a battle, heroes and probably villains squaring off against some robotic turrets. His shades were woven from his nanode, which he has put to limited use. Since the big move from the old city, he's been careful not to use it unless necessary, otherwise he'd activate his full armor. He stands against the railing, sword in his hand, pistol in the other. He is observing everyone, what they do, where they go. Perhaps this could help him in his mission. Also it'll be useful to see some of them in action, just to share the data with the Shogun. He puts a finger to his lips. "SHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh!" All
[00:13] Quentin Mann aka Sordino sounds around him seems to immediately disappear. Those in his immediate proximity will likely realize this and not hear anything. That was his unique power. Silence manipulation. Good for stealth and saves money on silencers. It doesn't render him invisible though and his silence field can only protect him against sound and frequency based attacks. He pulls out his nanode, pointing its belly out as it began to run a scan, starting with the turrets and how they ticked.
[00:15] Takamachi Mikoto walks around having expected Zephyr to take her shot and watches as limly goes up and tries to sit on the turret " Or just do that " Then she turns seeing a man she didn't recognize. She made a mental note to keep track of the fellow " Any time you're ready" She called out to Zeph, pretty annoyed that her shot on one of the turrets was gone.
[00:18] Scene Aremus draws the first round of fire from the turret on the edge, but his wave hits it in return, bending some of the metal and disrupting the precise inner workings, causing the machine to grind to a halt shortly afterwards. Limly's charge at the center one likewise draws a hail of plasma right into herself, but on impact she simply crushes right over the turret... the actual machines themselves simply made of iron. With that all three are taken out of commission, while Quentin's attempts at a scan simply detect that the machines are run by clockworks far too complex to be analyzed swiftly
[00:20] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR sighs. "Bloody hell. So much for retrieving them intact." She fires a shot at the gauardian statue on the right, aiming dead center. The slug, upon impact, explodes in a concussive shockwave with no shrapnel, meant to wreck the inner workings of the statuewithout sprayinh shrapnel everywhere.
[00:24] Sigrid deactivates her Aegis personal defense shield the moment the last turret seems to be defeated "Such a shame. I hope the remains allow at least a limited functional analysis. But after all, the way is clear now and we should proceed ... with all the necessary caution." she would slowly move towards the awaiting bunker, retunring into a passive scanning mode, mostly searching for electromagnetic fields or unusal temperatures.
[00:25] AremusFireheart: Frank felt a hot burning in his chest and on his thigh as he half realized after the fact that downing that turret had cost him some hot burning plasma almost vaporizing his body. He felt intense pain grip him holding back screams of agony only seeing the hurl of sudden shrapnel and powerful shot flying for him and the statue prompt him an impromptu roll forward just trying to get out of the way for the moment to avoid further complication!
[00:28] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) reaches down with her mouth and pulls the head off the one she accidentally stomped on, as that wasnt her intention at all just to cover it so others could disable it. she carried it over the Dax/2 and dropped it off like a cat presenting a mouse. though for an accident crushing the thing did leave a rather satisfied look on limlys reptilian face. she began to change back into her humanoid form near the door finding her self suddenly unstable having to rab the wall to stay upright.... " Well thats unexpected, i guess im not used to taking that big of a body, maybe you guys should go on without me ill catch up once ive got my wind...
[00:32] Samantha Iseli winces a bit as she watches the man who had popped up earlier offering climbing gear to the expedition and the dragon that had shown up at some point and seeing them mangle the turrets. She hadn't seen Frank take a hit, but hoped he'd come forward if he was wounded. Once the statues were mangled she finally approached, glancing over her shoulder briefly at the new arrival with a sword before carrying forward. "It's for the best" she mutters in response to Z3PH-YR's comment about not retrieving the turrets intact. It was then that she saw that Frank was actually wounded and she hurried over to him, looking over his injuries "You should get these looked later at a hospital. But I can treat them here for the time being." she offered as she opened up her medical bag to begin retrieving supplies
[00:34] Takamachi Mikoto takes a breath " okay he's going to need a medic. How about we set up a camp here and check him out and call for a medivac if we need it. We can pick this up once we've gotten some rest. " I've got some mylar blankets and a couple of inflatable mats and some food bars. Those of us that need sleep can get some in shifts Zeph. help me secure the bunker. Sigrid Watch the medic's back and shout if you need us. " She pulls her pack of her back and starts moving for the bunker
[00:37] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR sighs, stretching. "Yeah....though, Miss, think you ought to see this." She gestures towards the door, walking inside.
[00:37] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR nods to the very out-of-place looking elevator.
[00:39] Sigrid nods several times "Of course, Miko. Perhaps it's for the best to consolidate our forces and evaluate the gathered data." immediately shifting her attention to the opening vault doors "It seems we've only explored the tip of the iceberg so far."
[00:39] AremusFireheart: Frank held still for a moment as the other began to address his wound. He tried to smile through the pain. "I'll live." He promised the other though he held still for the duration of the aid. His body tensed looking to the bunker. It had taken a great ordeal to get here. He wanted in. No Medvac. No sir. After the wounds were properly dressed and managed he slowly raised back to his feet. "Thanks." He offered the medic. "Name is Catastropy." He introduced proper. And now for the look of things they were breaking camp.
[00:46] Quentin Mann aka Sordino sees the HUD display in his glasses, feeding him the info he was gathering. Interesting. So far it wasn't much, mostly clock work. He decides to scan longer. He paid little mind to what the others were doing. He already made note of the statues, but this there job to deal with. If anything, it made his a lot easier to do. That said, likely everything ran on the same thing or something similar. This place could be a gold mine for the Shogun. What treasures hid here?

DeuxBlackthorn
Site Admin
Posts: 467
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:25 am

Re: Footsteps Among the Departed

Post by DeuxBlackthorn » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:31 am

[18:13] Scene the night passes by uneventfully, the soft hums of machinery becoming somewhat soothing after a while, and the light from the elevator dim enough to not be disruptive. As you start preparing to break camp, a few reinforcements start trickling in to help out, though it's unsure how many will be coming still
[18:15] Takamachi Mikoto: " I mean. I don't know if I could hide it. " she whispers. "She has ways of getting information that even I don't understand. But as long as you do what i say and absolutely do not charge in, I'll make sure to tell her you did a good job. " She gives Glitter another pat on the shoulder and starts heading for the bunker door. As she passes Hell Guard she sighs, quietly saying "We need to talk when this is done" Then heads inside " Alright. Lets break camp and head on down. "
[18:17] AremusFireheart: Frank Castello is by the elevator panel. Tools are now out as he had been trying to unscrew and take apart some of the panneling around the mechanism that call the door up. "Mikoto." He expressed through the Respirator slowly attempting to ply the panels off via his tool kit. "I don't trust this shaft/ Sometimes vaults like these have some nasty surprises that start by pressing a certian button." he called out. Attempting to open the panel to see if there was a trigger wire or other mechanism that would led them to their death at the bottom (or even the midway) of the elevator
[18:18] Glitter Glam nods and falls in behind Mikoto. Gripping her staff as she looks around "Um so we are going down the elevator then?"
[18:19] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) smiles to Glam "rush in, it's what all the cool kids do" she says with a wink and opens the door just in time to hear Frank say 'I don't trust this shaft' and looks around, not sure she wants to know the context "so...are we having to go in ready for a fight or are we keeping things on the cautious side for now?"
[18:20] AremusFireheart: "Let me just check first." Was all he asked. Not wanting to go in until he had some reassurance that they were going to still be in one piece the moment they touched ground down below.
[18:21] Samantha Iseli stretches a little bit as the others begin to stir, it's not entirely clear whether she'd slept or not, though by the way she taps her glasses to activate the AR system, chances are she had gotten at least some rest. "Given the way the sentry guns reacted, I'd be a little more concerned about it having a security system to prevent organics from being able to use the elevator. Though I suppose they might not have expected anyone to get passed the guns" she mumbles as she stands up and stretches, looking over the assembled group.
[18:24] Scene the inspection of the elevator doesn't turn up any traps, and in fact it seems like it's in quite good repair, just waiting for it to be called up from below
[18:25] Takamachi Mikoto nods " I know. But Fairly sure we won't have to worry. If the elevator falls I can catch it. It's far more likely that the controls have tamper safties might be a bad idea to mess with it. If you lock us out, the only way in is violently. I'd like to avoid that because everything here might have some important clue. " She then walks up and presses the button.
[18:27] AremusFireheart: Frank put the panel back togehter the best that eh could. Surprised for something so alien and old it had such good utility. Simple almost understandible design. "I have a delicate touch Mikoto. The panel seems safe." He promised now following her in.
[18:28] Glitter Glam sticks close to Miko like she promised as they enter the elevator.
[18:29] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) has learned so far that Frank doesn't trust the shaft and has a delicate touch. She was now wondering what she missed as she stepped into the elevator, pulling her wings in as much as she could since they typically occupied an undue amount of space. She braced herself for the elevator to collapse or do anything weird
[18:31] Samantha Iseli might have had some misgivings about the elevator's safety, but could either go back or carry on with the others. It didn't take long for her decide to stay with the group, managing to slip in after the winged woman, looking out the window to watch for anything interesting when the elevator began to descend.
[18:32] Scene the panel shows 2 levels below ground, the middle floor simply identified as 'Production' while the bottom is 'Research'. No other identifying info on the contents of the floors is available here
[18:33] Takamachi Mikoto spreads her arms out just a bit with her palms down " okay. I've got the cab. If it decides to try to smush us I'll stop it. So someone go ahead and push a button "
[18:34] AremusFireheart: Handling it one floor at a time seemed like a good call. Frank casually went to hit the 'production' button somewhat nodding to Mikoto
[18:36] Glitter Glam freaks backing up against the elevator at the mention of being smooshed. Her glitter swirling around her ready to defend if needed as the button is pressed
[18:36] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) door opens, solid wall "so much for your light touch" she grumbles and looks at the buttons, clicking the one for the next one down "let's try this again?"
[18:38] Samantha Iseli had rather expected a longer trip, and less rubble when the doors opened. But she supposed the underground production area was likely to be more vulnerable as it was likely to be a wide open space. She was much more pleased with the considerably less damaged 'research' level when the doors opened once again, of the two, this would have been the one she'd want to see more anyway.
[18:42] Scene as the doors open again at the bottom, it reveals a reception area, complete with several robots seated at desks. As if cued by the elevator's arrival, their eyes begin to glow and they turn as one to look at the group, chairs scraping across the tiled floor as they push back, speaking with hollow voices "You are not authorized to be here. Exit immediately or we will be forced to take drastic action"
[18:54] Takamachi Mikoto steps forward and sighs. She steps out of the elevator "How do you know we aren't authorized? " She asks then points to the back pack on her back "We were sent here to preform a diagnostic check. If we wern't supposed to be here the turrets up top would have stopped us, right "
[18:58] AremusFireheart: Frank gave Melanie a small look as she taunted him. Feh. Fine. He let out a small sigh and then they were in the thick of it. Now this seemed like it was going to be trouble. Could he use his powers to glitch out these robots? No. Not in the way that he would hope to collaborate Mikoto's story. "Now. Now. Let's play nice." He attested to the robot squad that had been working on... he had no clue. "I am sure there is a code we are supposed to enter in to prove we are who we say we are?"
[19:00] Glitter Glam stays behind Miko gripping her staff as glitter swirls around "Yeah we totally belong here to check the diagnostics"
[19:01] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) moves forward just a slight bit, readying herself to pull up the shield. She wasn't sure who in here was resilient but she was ready to be tip of the spear in a phalanx if need be. She kinda cursed herself for not going over examples and strategy for strategic engagement before getting into the elevator, but she was ready to bark out orders now if need be
[19:03] Samantha Iseli watches the robots start up and then look at the group in the elevator "Well...At least that was more polite than a deafening yell" she mutters before looking around to see if anyone had any ideas, it didn't appear that any of the people the turrets had ignored were with them right now. She watches Mikoto step forward to question the robots, given the turrets didn't let organics passed, she figured the robots would give some a similar response. Though Mikoto's statement did have some logic to it. And then that Catastrophy guy had to go and mention that there was probably some sort of code they were supposed to know. She had an idea of her own, but at this point she decided to keep her mouth shut until the results of Mikoto's attempt to get them in non-violently. Either way she hid herself behind the metal frame of the elevator, just in case.
[19:05] Quentin Mann aka Sordino was in no real hurry. His mission was mostly about recon and information gathering. The Shogun is interested in the stuff down here and frankly, he wasn't going to recklessly challenge a bunch of heroes if it can be avoided. He's been scanning the turrets, trying to gather info on how they work and run. The data would go into the program that comes with his nanode, the feed coming through in his glasses via a HUD/AR display. His "Quiet Room" was still up, so no one can hear him. Increases his chance of not being noticed on missions like this.
[19:07] Scene as Mikoto speaks, the robots' eyes flash green for a split second, each of them calling out a number "0%" "0%" "9.5291%" "0%", then they speak as one again once the blue light returns "You are not authorized units, this is your last warning. The Creator does not wish your deaths, but it will grant them"
[19:12] Takamachi Mikoto: Mel. Right. " she barked out fully expecting hellguard to move nearly as fast as she was. She blinked, and appeared on the other side of desk, creating a blade of electricity as she reformed and attempting to bisect the droid on the left
[19:14] AremusFireheart: As Mikoto was now on the move to strike. Catastrophy made a leap into the air. Graceful flip for the nearby right droid attempting to knock it down with his legs as he moved in for a landing! An acrobatic flourish and a kick!
[19:16] Glitter Glam freaks out as Mikoto attacks "Oh um so we are fighting then? Ok I got this. I mean of course I got this. Being the savior and galaxy and all" Her glitter forming her skates as she zooms forward at insane speed towards another one of the bots "I got this"
[19:18] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) moves forward in one rapid movement, drawing her glaive and with a thrust empowered by wings, shoves the long blade straight into the chest of the right robot, then upwards, trying to cut everywhere from midsection to the top and out the head, wanting to be sure to decimate the CPU wherever it was. As she does this, she primes her shield, readying it in case it was needed.
[19:19] Samantha Iseli raised her hand as if to speak, but it was too late, they were resorting to violence again. She let out a sigh and crouched by the door to wait out the the undoubtedly incoming hail of gunfire "Guess I should have said something sooner" she mutters to herself.
[19:22] Quentin Mann aka Sordino snaps his fingers. "SNAP!" The field of silence, his "Quiet Room" lifts. "Feed," he said. A yellow beam of light shoots out from the underbelly of his nano. He got all the info he was gonna get from this turret. The feeding process is mean to dissolve materials and feed it into the nanode. He can store it there or use said material to weave items or weapons he'll need. He can hear all the commotion below him since he lifted his field. Smirks to himself while he waits, but has his gun at the ready.
[19:28] Scene as Mikoto zips forward the glowing eyes change once more, this time to pure white, her target swiftly leaping up, though not fast enough to avoid being sheared in half just below the waist, legs collapsing to the ground while the upper half catches onto the ceiling, then pushes off to fly back at her, spikes extending from the fingertips as it tries to land an open-hand punch with them. Catastrophy's target leaps up as well, but the kick pushes it back against the wall, preventing it from evading Hell's swing, both pieces collapsing to the ground and going still. Glitter's rush forward is met by her target flipping over the desk and springing at her, extending the same spikes and trying to put them through her face, while the fourth bot leaps forward towards Hell's back, trying to use the tips of the spikes as blades and slice up along the spine. Quentin's device absorbs the turret, coming up with... iron and rust and oil, and trace amounts of a few random chemicals... for their complex construction, the
[19:28] Scene: actual materials are nearly worthless
[19:39] Takamachi Mikoto rose her hand up to fire off a railgun spike at the bot she'd cut in half, turning to try and grasp the one charging hell's back magnetically and slam it into the one charging her "Hell, please help glitter!" But there was alot more plastic in them than she'd expected so she had to dive out of the way of the one \aiming for her, taking a deep gash in the thigh
[19:45] AremusFireheart: Frank bounced off the wall. Twisting and twirling his lithe body in mid air as he saw the droid that Mikoto had been focusing on. Still half in tact and the victim of the railgun. Let's make sure it didn't get away. Suddenly the loud CRACK of a whip came furling out of his body as he swung it in mid air. Landing to the ground by Mikoto who suffered a sudden gash. "Medic!" He cried as he snapped the whip towards the half bot. The whip crackling with the strange entropy power as he attempted to strike the robot with it and cause it to malfunction!
[19:46] Glitter Glam screams and cowers when the bot lunges. The glitter swirling around her instantly to form a defense and protect its host possibly trapping the bot
[19:48] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) sees Mikoto scrambling to help her and activates the shield to block the machine's attack, trying to push it off to the side as she aims her staff at the robot attacking Glitter, firing a beam of energy at the machine, looking to decimate it before it could harm the woman as she tried to hold off the one attacking at her with the shield, hoping either Mikoto or someone else could finish it off
[19:53] Samantha Iseli is initially confused by the lack of gunfire, and peeks out around, only to see the robots were springing from their seats with surprising agility, using spikes extending from their frames to attack the other members of the expedition. She winced a bit at the sound of the railgun going off in close-quarters, and again when she saw Mikoto get cut on the leg. At the call of 'medic' from the Frank, she gripped the handles of her bag and bolted from the elevator, rushing to Mikoto's aid.
[19:59] Quentin Mann aka Sordino looks at the data scrolling across his lenses from his scan and feed. At the same time, thanks to the Quiet Room not being in play, he can hear. It can be a double edged sword at times because he can't hear inside it either, but he's use to that. Childhood trauma does that to you. He can hear all kinds of thumping, screaming, and firing going on below him. Sounds like a real fight down there. Meanwhile he checks the material he's gathered. Iron. Rust. Oil. Bunch of random chemicals. Iron, he can really do something with that. The rust is useless.. then again.. might come in handy if he'd need a decoy or maybe a one time use weapon like a knife to get out of a quick jam... None of this would mean much for Shogun, only the info he got from the turret. The materials were for him. He also now had schematics to build a turret.. that might be fun one day, but he's not in the business of fun. He lowers his nanode to the ground, feeding off of it just for a little extra material. He slings it back
[19:59] Quentin Mann aka Sordino into place. He hasn't gotten enough intel just yet. He's gonna need to venture further, gather he can about the place. So down he goes, possibly into whatever madness was taking place.
[20:03] Scene the bot attacking Mikoto slams into the ground after slicing her, starting to crawl at a rapid rate when the whip hits it, the power of misfortune causing more of its internals to tumble from the slice, including a couple critical ones that cause it to power down and crumple to the floor. Hell's shield bash and Miko's pull batter that bot back, but it recovers and attempts to leap over the shield to slash at Hell again. Glitter's barrier catches the wrist of her bot, pinning it in place, and then Hell's blast impacts it and sends it flying back, ripping the pinned arm off entirely, the bot pushing forward again and trying to sweep her legs out.
[20:09] Takamachi Mikoto was down on one knee because of her right leg being slashed, she pivoted and flung out a pair of spikes at the bot, keeping this one sub-sonic so as not to hurt anyone hear her. At this speed she just started zig-zaging it through the bot
[20:13] AremusFireheart: Catastrophy had to make a choice as the other was moving in to aid Mikoto. He saw Melanie: Hellguard. On the brunt of an assault. Then he looked to Glim Glam. Still a kid in his eyes. Now being attacked by the droid she was squared off with. Hellguard could take care of herself. He now began to move running forward and trying to pass the droid attacking Glim Glam and then cracking that whip around for it's neck to pull it away and hold it!
[20:14] AremusFireheart: "Glitter! Watch your feet!" He warned her noticing the telegraphed sweep kick!
[20:14] Glitter Glam yells seeing the arm just dangling in her shield. Screaming she starts bashing it with her staff "ew no no no get out. You are so not cute" As the glitter shield fades and reforms to block the low attack as she screams and falls backwards "Stop attacking me!" she cries
[20:17] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) as Colostomy goes off to defend Glim Glam, HG turns her attention to the robot. She angles shield, wanting it to land so she can push back, meaning to send it into the air so she can delivers a nasty thrust straight into the machine's chest, looking to impale it onto her spear and then send it flying against a nearby wall with 1 ton of force, intending to decimate it.
[20:20] Samantha Iseli seemed to be completely ignoring the combat around her. While one could see fear in her eyes if one looked closely, she had plenty of practice working in dangerous situations. She quickly found some guaze and pressed it to the wound firmly, she had to stop the bleeding, but doing so while her patient was engaged in combat was going to be difficult. She didn't have the apparently far more advanced medical equipment that PAE had access to, it was shame she couldn't convince the organization to open a hospital. "Try to hold still" she asks firmly to Mikoto.
[20:24] Quentin Mann aka Sordino enters the elevator, selecting "1" and pressing down. As the elevator takes him to his destination, he can see that this place hid a lot more than he thought. So this is what was being hidden all this time. Under all the broken down relics of the past was something much more advanced. This is why his boss was so interested. He finally reaches the 1st floor, arriving to a bit of a chaotic scene as he expected. This group was taking on a few robots and these things seem tough. Still, he hung back, observing. He was wanting to catch names and see what they can do. One girl displayed some sort of telekinetic ability. Was it telekinesis.. or maybe magnetism? He couldn't be too sure. Would need further observing. She also seemed very much injured. He heard a name. Glitter. Along with a warning about their feet. It must be the pixie looking girl defending against a sweeping robot. A Winged Woman holding her own in battle and a... medic? This would be useful information to take home. Now his
[20:24] Quentin Mann aka Sordino attention went to the robots. They are the ones with juicier information, he bets..
[20:24] Scene between the projectile coursing through it and the impalement on Hell's spear, that bot collapses to the ground and goes still, while Glitter's shield holds off her bot until Catastrophy is able to catch it, the bot lashing out at him with its claws once more before the entropy breaks it down too much to keep functioning, the room going quiet again with the last of the enemies out of commission.
[20:30] Takamachi Mikoto sits still and sighs. "Thanks.. " She then closes her eyes and reaches out to one of the bots and begins to scan over it with her em field, taking in every detail she could while she had to remain still.
[20:32] AremusFireheart: Catastrophy stepped over the wreckage of the last droid. Somewhat swandering in pride as he basked in simple victory. "Good work Princess." He expressed to Glim Glam offering the ever so coveted HIGH FIVE!
[20:34] Glitter Glam gets back to her feet and starts beating the robot pieces with her staff "Take that, and that, and that." Relentlessly pounding the pieces with the staff as her glitter wall falls away and glitter returns to swirling around her "Stupid stupid stupid robot thingy" Pausing from her tantrum to look at Cataclysm "Im not Princess. I'm Gl;itter Glam. And of course it was good work. It totally worked as planned" she nods
[20:35] AremusFireheart: "I can't believe you just left me hanging." He just expressed. Common! Respect the High Five! "Too late. Moment ruined." He muttered to himself putting his damn arm down.
[20:37] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) licks her lips and slowly looks around, ensuring there were no more combatants. She slowly deactivated her shield, looking back at sketch elevator opening and then sheathing her glaive "alright...if anything is Kali related, we destroy it all"
[20:44] Samantha Iseli nods "Sorry...I don't have any quick fixes like PAE does" she says as she removes the bloodied gauze from the wound, satisfied that it had mostly stopped bleeding. She used a pair os scissors to cut rip in the pant leg open a little wider to give her better access to the wound. Then she quickly disinfected her gloves and the wound before applying applying a local anesthetic. She waits a few moments for the anesthetic to take effect before she applies an antibiotic ointment to the wound and then she proceeded to stitch the wound closed with a practiced hand and small stitches to hopefully prevent, or at least minimize scarring. She then covered the wound with some sterile gauze to keep as much of the potential contaminants out of the wound as possible., wrapping that with tape to keep it in place "I would advise that you go back...But I'm going to assume you're not going to listen, so at least try to avoid pulling your stitches..." she says in a voice that was more out of concern than admonishment. at
[20:44] Samantha Iseli: which point she helps Mikoto to her feet, letting her lean on the nearby desk if needed as she sterilizes her tools and packs them back up before looking around "Is anyone else injured?" she asks as she starts to scan the robots while waiting for a reply.
[20:46] Quentin Mann aka Sordino surveying the scene and wreckage, he unsheathes his discus like nanode again, aiming at the most intact robot. "Scan," he simply said. The nanode goes to work, What secrets did this thing hold? What were the schematics? Would it hint further at how this place works? Likely there had to be a chip inside also, if anything mattered especially, it'd be the chip.
[20:49] Scene: Initial scans of the downed bots reveal self-contained energy systems, complex electronics, nearly on par with PAE's tech, not at all similar to what was up above, but the inner workings are complex enough that they'll take time to decipher
[20:49] Takamachi Mikoto adds on " Also. Someone keep an eye on the shady guy that just came down the elevator. he did something to the tag i put on that turret. " after a moment she shakes her head On second thought, Put him at the front. If he wants to benefit from this he has to put in as much work as the rest of us. " she sighs, eyeballing the drone. " no.. not Kali... " she frowns. looking as if she is trying to figure something out standing and making sure she caan put weight on her leg .. " Thanks Doc.. "
[20:51] AremusFireheart: Catastrophy took a quick moment to move over to one of the consoles. "Let's see just what you guys were working on shall we? A little peek won't hurt anyone." He humored getting behind the desk and trying to access one of these consoles!
[20:53] Glitter Glam lets the glitter fade as her skates disappear. Grumbling as she grips her staff feeling like she was super useless "Stupid robot things"
[20:54] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) smiles to Mikoto "we'll talk later, call me" she says with a wink, standing back and taking a position guarding the only exit so she can ensure they can leave
[20:59] Samantha Iseli wasn't entirely surprised by the degree of complexity her scans were showing her give the drastic difference in design, but the significant difference in technology was quite staggering she briefly looked over to the 'shady guy' in the elevator, it appeared as though he was scanning the robots as well. She offered a small smile to Mikoto "It's why I'm here" she said, then returned her attention to the bot she was studying before saying "I'd like to have one of these taken to the hospital for more detailed study..." She didn't specify why given the presence of said 'shady guy', not that she trusted the other guy in the mask who was now going to 'take a peek at the robot's consoles "If an alarm goes off, I hold you responsible for further violence" she said to Catastrophy as she attempted to move one of the robot's arms, studying how it's internals responded. She almost asked about maybe getting temporary access to PAE's labs to study the machine, but doubted she'd be allowed to study it first hand.
[21:04] Quentin Mann aka Sordino overhears the young woman suggest that someone keep an eye on him. He shows no visible reaction to it, but his gut instinct to observe her further was proving more and more correct. Especially since she said outloud that a tracker was placed in the turrets. He could use that one day. As he scans, it would reveal to him the energy system and electronics inside that run it. Hmm. He looks at the robot. It definitely runs on a complex system... but maybe... "Feed" he said, hovering his nanode over the robot, a beam shooting out like that from a flying saucer, dissolving the bot as its pieces swirling around, moving as if gravity no longer existing and into the nanode. This. This is something he can still take to the boss. Especially for his future projects.
[21:09] Scene as Catastrophy pulls up the screen he's greeted by a single message "Location compromised, moving to plan B, facility on lockdown and standby until further notice". Samantha's investigation shows that the bots appear to have a form of synthetic muscles with high tensile strength and elasticity. Quentin's device starts the process of deconstructing the bots, but there are a lot of complex parts to analyze and break down, so it will take quite a while
[21:09] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) stumbles into the room from she short rest upstairs. Oh good ive not missed much, Crazy how much stamina a large form will burn, good to remember. so what did i miss?" She asked looking around for a moment.
[21:13] Takamachi Mikoto enters the elevator and lets out a long sigh. " Alright buddy. This is a city sponsored research expedition. Meaning that right now you're stealing from the city. So. Are you going to come along peacefully, Or am I going to kick your ass six ways from Sunday then hand you over to the vanguard operatives back at the entrance?"\
[21:14] Glitter Glam pauses when hearing the announcement "Um Auntie Miko? Err I mean Miss Mikoto. Im guessing Plan B and lockdown are not good things for us right? You should maybe take a look at this" Pointing to the screen
[21:17] Samantha Iseli blinks when one of the bots she's scanning starts to dissolve right next to her. She stumbles away and follows the beam back to it's origin "Um...Is he allowed to be doing that?" she asks to no-one in particular. Though mikoto indirectly answered her question when she went up to the 'shady guy' and threatened him. She had to admit she was very impressed by the technology in the bots. It would probably take a while yet to get a complete scan, but even so, she started dragging one of the least damaged robots (that wasn't dissolving) into a corner to set it aside "I'd like this one taken to the hospital for further study, if that's alright?" she asks while continuing her scans
[21:21] Quentin Mann aka Sordino looks at the woman in his face, then points at Glitter then the console Catastrophy was working on. He motions towards his wrist, motioning for time, hinting they likely don't have much time with the place being in lockdown and whatever this Plan B is. He puts his fingers to his lips then. "Shhhhh!" his field of silence comes down on them again while he continues reading the information provided from the robot. While this went on, he motions with his free hand again, at the console, signaling for a USB port at the console or rather asking if there is one. Then he further gestures, pointing at his nanode, then at the console,, making gestures as if working a screwdriver and tools. He was suggesting the idea of attempting to hack the console and hopefully avert this Plan B lockdown before they all are in for some bad news.
[21:25] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) let a soft blegh. " If you need me ill be over here, youll excuse me if i dont seem too excited to type on screens and be all sciencie. " Limly found a nearby if old chair and dropped into it pulling out a note pad and a pencil starting to draw .......
[21:27] Scene looking at the console shows that nothing seems to be happening with them, just that single message blocking out access to other functions on the terminals here
[21:28] Takamachi Mikoto glances over to Samantha and nods. " Put some sort of identifier on it. When the secondary team comes in - " She keeps talking but the sound stops. Her eyes narrow, clearly not caring for the man more or less ignoring her. She starts walking out of the elevator making an gesture with her hand. In that moment, a very powerful, very tightly constrained emp goes off, centered around the man in black, and she proceeds to walk to the console to take a look.
[21:33] Glitter Glam wanders towards the doors as the others are arguing. Seeing the right door is blocked she wanders over and tries to push the button on the left one
[21:34] Samantha Iseli nodded to Mikoto, looking for something she could use to place some sort of identification, eventually settling on taping a piece of paper with a medical cross drawn on it to the robot's chest. She turned back when Mikoto suddenly stopped talking, intending to ask what about the secondary team, when she found that no sound was coming from her mouth, she tapped on the wall, finding that there was no sound from that either. She placed her other hand on the wall and tapped firmly near it, feeling the vibration, but again hearing no sound. She frowned a little, trying to remember her childhood sign language lessons she was sent to by foster families that thought she was deaf and manged to sigh out 'what is going on?', though given this whole lockdown situation, she wasn't sure if anyone would be paying her that much attention or even able to understand her at all.
[21:41] Quentin Mann aka Sordino the feed on his glasses stop. The nanode stops feeding. It has shut off, interrupted by the emp blast. At the least, his nanode is protected enough that it can survive at least one emp blast, but it will still shut down and take time to reboot, so for now, it was useless. He simply sheathes it again and shrugs. Also she gave him his answer. Magnetism and electricity. He'll have to remember that, but he's a professional, petty squabbles aren't his thing unless he's paid for it. His "Quiet Room" was simply in his immediate space (though he could expand it if he chooses), so the moment Mikoto stepped out of range, she'd be able to hear sound again. Since he was hear, might as well play ball for now. He's been in this business for years, he's taught to be cautious, to adapt, to observe, be patient. He still had a strong feeling that they could be in for something pleasant. Even if it wasn't it was just in his nature and based on experience. He too begins to use sign language, "Don't be reckless,"
[21:41] Quentin Mann aka Sordino signed. "Stay on your toes, keep your eyes peeled. You." He points at Samantha. "You are our medic, you get the luxury of hanging back. Most importantly.. stay quiet. If there's danger coming, quiet is useful for a tactical and surprise attack."
[21:42] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) began to draw the only thing in the room worth drawing in her opinion that was of course Glitter Glam Limly was for sure not paying attention. already engrossed in her drawing even in its early stages. her head bobbing left and right as if it was in time to music. but it was all in her own head.... when she began to draw the world often fell away so the chances of her noticing was slim to none for the moment unless she was touched. or otherwise made aware.
[21:43] Scene nothing changes in the room or with the consoles, but as Glitter moves to the door and activates the panel, it slides open, revealing a corridor further into the facility
[21:51] Takamachi Mikoto examined the console for a bit, rapidly growing irritated at the inability to communicate. When she sees Sam moving her hand, she turns her focus to her, but had only caught part of it her own hand moving , but once she could hear again she sighs. " Right. So. when the secondary teams comes in after we clear the place, the'll check it to make sure there's no contamination risk then it'll get delivered to you. jsut have Miss Brea bring the findings to the council " She then pops her neck and starts heading for the door. The look on her face suggesting she was eager to get going
[21:53] Glitter Glam uses her glitter to make skates again as she skates along the ceiling or the corridor exploring deeper "Oh I wish Mommy was here, either of them really." she whispers to herself as she skates along at slow pace wanting the others to catch up, especially Auntie Miko
[21:58] Samantha Iseli's hands shook a little bit as the initial confusion from the suddenly soundlessness wore off, it reminded her of a very unpleasant time of her life, one she hadn't thought about in many years. She closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths to focus herself, opening her eyes just in time to see Quentin sign to her. She nodded, knowing her role in the group, though hanging back wasn't exactly a luxury she had when people were wounded. Staying quiet was a natural skill of hers from childhood, so it wouldn't be an issue. She was glad she'd actually paid attention to those sign language lessons, and that her memory was good enough to recall them after so much disuse. She gasped softly when she was no longer within the field of soundlessness, hearing Mikoto talking about the second team again. She nods her acceptance of the terms of delivery of the robot body. She was trying to stay out of Quentin's quiet field, more because she'd rather hear danger coming and what the others could say than any other
[21:58] Samantha Iseli: reason.
[22:02] Quentin Mann aka Sordino snaps his fingers. "SNAP!", removing his Quiet Room completely. He was still very much cautious. He heads into the corridor, following the rest. His eyes are drawn to the girl skating on the ceiling. That's something you don't see everyday. Guess she really is a pixie. As for the medic, main reason he told her to hang back was in case anyone was hurt and so she won't be. Can't have a medic helping the injured if she too is injured at that. He holds his sword and gun at the ready. He did not wis hto be caught off guard.
[22:03] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) Grumbled as her subject skated right out of her line of sight she closed her notepad and stuffed it into a pocket along with the pencil before getting up and moveing farther in with the rest of them figuring all the danger was passed and now she just needed to babysit the ner..... Scientists......
[22:05] Scene the corridor is sterile and virtually silent, just faint hums passing through the embedded lights. At the end there are two doors, the one ahead marked 'Biogenetics' while the one to the right is unmarked, and a glance through the window reveals another corridor
[22:08] Takamachi Mikoto peers into the window of the door, staying far enough back that she doesn't trigger any automatic openers. " oh that just -screams- biohazard. " She comments. then looks around behind her " Doctor. Looks like this is your show for now. Biology isn't my thing. " She then pulls a face mask out of her pack and slips it on. " Glitter? " She asks " Is it possible for you to get sick or poisoned? "
[22:10] Glitter Glam titls her head "Oh no Im like super um well I forget what its called. But Mommy Galaxia and I went to like all kinds of planets and atmospheres. Er I mean Miss Galaxia" Skating up and peering through the window curiously
[22:16] Samantha Iseli had intended to return to poke Limly to let her know that they were moving on, but before she had a chance, the woman had hopped up and was moving with the group again. She looked around the room one last time with slightly narrowed eyes before moving towards the group again. She stayed at the back of the group as had been instructed, though she would have done so regardless. She looks at the doors briefly and then frowns at the one marked 'Biogenics'. At least Mikoto had the right idea in staying back "Given the age of this place...I can't even guess what kind of condition any containers in there are in... "There's obviously nothing capable of eating through the door or that would have happened by now. But I wouldn't dare open it without a proper hazmat corridor set up, as well as hazmat suits. Face masks won't help against anything that can be absorbed through the skin" She looks to her bag "If you're wondering, there was no way I was going to be able to fit either in this bag. The lack of an
[22:16] Samantha Iseli: airlock is no indicator that it's safe either given we've only seen robots so far..." she replies, scanning the door and it's immediate area for any sign of automated opening mechanisms
[22:18] Samantha Iseli also pulls the scanner she used earlier from her bag to check the air quality
[22:19] Quentin Mann aka Sordino stands by with his arms folded. He let the other two ladies go ahead as they seem most prepared. He wore his own face mask but if there's something hazardous that they aren't allowed to breathe in, this mask won't really help. His nanode is still down for the count so he can't weave a proper mask to put on at the moment. At beast he'd have to play backup for now, at least until it's confirmed that the air is safe.
[22:20] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) couldnt help but speak up. "Wait why would the robot race care about biological experimentation, i mean unless the pentacle of robotics is literally genetics which would in a way be both funny as hell and poetic given the fact that people often try to abandon there wet-ware. " Limly remarked peaking into the window her self more than curious now that something interesting came up.... Limly raised her hand " Im not immune to poisons but i think my biology is sufficiently different to avoid illness and allot of poisons. if you need a subject to go in first?"
[22:22] Scene peeks through the window reveal several large tubes and a couple containment units. All seem to be intact at a glance, and there aren't any specimens visibly running around. The door has a simple scanner panel, same as the others have, and the air quality near the door seems to be fine, just slightly stale like everywhere else in here. The door doesn't appear to have a hermetic seal, which -should- imply that the air inside is tolerable as well
[22:24] Takamachi Mikoto frowns and thinks for a bit. " If we needed a sacrificial lamb. I'd send in my drone here " She inspects the door and lets out a sigh " this door isn't air tight... so if there is something in there we could be exposed to then we were exposed when we walked into the hallway. Still It's your call Doc. '
[22:28] Glitter Glam sighs and skates up to the door dropping down and pressing the button opening it "Well since we are already exposed we cant do any harm going in then duh" she smiles and enters before pausing "um...someone else want to go first?"
[22:36] Samantha Iseli was about to speak up again when Glitter opened the door "Well, if there was anything there settled on the floor, we're exposed now. So, none of us are leaving this facility without going through decon, call it in" she practically orders, leaving whoever happens to have a comm unit capable of reaching the surface to handle it. "DO NOT touch anything without my approval" she says to everyone as she moves towards the door, scanner running to check the air. For once taking charge after something so wreckless
[22:38] Quentin Mann aka Sordino had to keep from facepalming as the pixie rushes ahead and opens the door. Regardless of what they are learning... there is a reason this place is so guarded. There is something to protect. Is it to protect whatever it is from others.. or protect others from it? As the doctor walks by with her scanner, he simply steps aside, gesturing with his hands an "After you."
[22:44] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) shrugged a bit. " I mean at this point no harm in going in because if we are fucked, might as well know by what and how bad it is.... " Limly stated walking right on in what more harm could there be after all. If there was some kind of biological creature in the room locked away limly would actively search for it by looking physically and by sending out several telepathic calls looking for even a very primordial mind to connect with. Limly wasnt really dumb but she often had no fear of being hurt or poisoned or attacked she relied on her bodys natural resistances way too much.
[22:48] Scene as the door opens there's a small rush of air, but scans show it to be clean... in fact, this one room actually has an air purification system running in it that's rendering it slightly better than the rest of the facility. The floor is clean apart from bits of liquid drippage around the cryotubes. In the cryotubes can be seen a 7-tentacled creature, a small dinosaur that looks like it might be a velociraptor, and what appears to be a wolverine. The two containment units hold 2 more of the tentacle creatures, one with black feathers sprouting out of the hide, and the other with a bark-like coating over it. Psionic approach finds the frozen creatures to obviously be completely shut down, and the other two are completely dead
[22:55] Takamachi Mikoto literally face-palms and sighs She then pulls out her comm device " I'll have them set up decon and have it waiting for us. Electing to send her drone in to scan and record in automatic mote while she texts someone on the surface.
[22:58] Glitter Glam skates into the room looking around. Clearly not realizing what she did wrong. Skating up to the cryo tubes and placing her hand on the glass. Feeling oddly at home with the cold "So like everything is dead?"
[23:02] Samantha Iseli keeps an eye on her scanner as the air rushes over the group, raising an eyebrow at the fact that the air is purified...Well, compared to the rest of the facility so far. She waits to be berated by the group for her caution over nothing. But the fact of the matter was, it was reckless and foolish, and the only reason they aren't obviously contaminated by anything was luck. Amidst her preperations she makes a mental note that she wants to get a look at the filtration system for this lab considering it was still functioning, filters that could go so long without replacement would be a serious benefit. She nods to Mikoto "Thank you" she says, glad that someone was able to facepalm, but keeping that to herself. Despite the scanner saying it's safe from a contaminant standpoint, she's still cautious when she enters the room. She looks around, recording everything with her glasses, raising an eyebrow at the various creatures in the tanks "Okay...Well, we were lucky...This seems to have been a genetics
[23:02] Samantha Iseli: lab..." she seems to relax a bit, though she does glare at Glitter briefly, this was so going in her report, she'd let whomever glitter's superior was deal with it later, she still had a job to do, and so she continues to look around the lab, scanning basically everything with both her glasses and her handheld scanner, checking for anything hazardous.
[23:07] Quentin Mann aka Sordino didn't feel right. He couldn't shake it. Maybe it was nothing, but this was a big deal to discover regardless. Still what if something pops out, ready yo destroy them? What if these frozen monsters come out of their slumber? The dead ones for sure were not coming back... then again in their world people seem to die and resurrect all the damn time. Like a revolving door. He doesn't move from his spot, observing this investigation, ready for some defense just in case. He looks around, looking for potential exits, places to use as cover, places that'll provide a tactical advantage. It's just how his mind works. Something else he wondered, is it possible that whichever scientist was in charge of this place, could he or she still be alive?
[23:09] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) moved up next to the alien fairy princess. " Most of them are yea, but two in these cryo units are alive just in a kind of forced hibernation. I cant communicate with them but i do feel like as if there alive. " Limly stated loud enough for others to hear it making a show of pointing out which two. " Its safe for everyone to come in as long as you dont break the glass by tapping on it we should be fine." Limly nodded
[23:10] Scene the room is quiet and still, apart from faint pump sounds coming from the cryotubes as they do their job. No hazards become apparent through scanning, though looking at the readouts on the containment chambers shows alphanumeric references to species being crossbred and the changes being documented... the one with the feathers reading "Developed carnivorous tendencies, but failed to gain claws or beak. Incapable of hunting. Subject viability: 0.0002%"
[23:12] Takamachi Mikoto: " We may have a problem. I can't get a signal to the surface" She comments. She then tests the signal to her drone trying to see if short ranges is jammed as well
[23:13] Glitter Glam skates out the room no longer caring since it was all dead. As she heads to the other door and presses the button. Feeling a bit braver since everything was dead and there was no more attacks after the robots
[23:18] Samantha Iseli notices Quentin staying on guard by the door, giving his vigilance an appreciative nod. She looked over the console infront of one of the dead creatures, keeping her hands away from the controls. In this place, living things interacting with the technology had about a 75% chance of going badly. "My not touching anything rule is still in effect too should 'unleashing probably hostile genetic experiments' not be a good enough reason." she states wryly. when Mikoto mentions being unable to reach the surface, she groans "Is there any way you can relay a message to anyone up at the top of the elevator and have them signal the surface?" she asks, though aware that Mikoto was probably trying that next. She reads over the console and frowns "It seems they were trying to crossbreed different animal species to create carnivorous predators...At least, that's my educated guess. We're probably safe from any contamination, but I'm keeping that decon recommendation." After seeing Glitter skate back out of the
[23:18] Samantha Iseli: room and hearing another door open she groans "Ugh...Can someone please keep a really close eye on her?" she asks. Once satisfied that she's got scans of everything in the room, and video documentation of the specimens, she exits the lab as well.
[23:22] Quentin Mann aka Sordino watches as the pixie went through another door. This girl might just be the death of them. There is always a X factor on any mission. Can determine how successful it'll be. He gets closer but hands back. He can catch a glimpse of what's in the room but learning enough from conversations. Ever the stoic, silent type. Still all this, sounded like some sort of Dr. Frankenstein, Dr. Monroe deal. How long has this lab been around? Who made all this? What else is hidden? It's a place worth exploring, but so far proving unpredictable as well.
[23:25] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) shrugs a bit. " Not really my area but im sure you sciencie people will find this all very fascinating.... " Limly stated leaving the room trying to keep up with the spastic space fairy princess for her own safety...... " Well it looks like the defenses are all outside at least so with her running around the worst shes likly to come across is not something we can fight off which isnt really reassuring at all but hey...."
[23:26] Takamachi Mikoto walks up to Glitter and shakes her head " hun. Stay close to me. I know you are not likely to get hurt but in you arn't careful you might trigger something that hurts someone else " Looking back to Sam " I don't really have anything with a powerful enough transmitter to serve as a relay that would cut through this... looks like I'll be adding something to my equipment.
[23:27] Scene the drone is still able to send and receive contact just fine, only longer-range communication is affected. The corridor leads to another door with a t-junction just beyond, a door to the left there marked as 'Tier 3 Repair Bay' and a long corridor to the right with a door at the end
[23:28] Glitter Glam continues down the hall and pauses at the doors. Nodding to Mikoto she then presses the button to open the repair bay "Oh this one must be a hospital then"
[23:33] Takamachi Mikoto looks into the room and looks around. She frowns " Okay now This is my area of expertise.. " she says. and walks in confidently. She pulls out her pad and disables it's comms with the physical switch. She then walks over to one of the repair chambers and hooks into it, beginning to scan through code while she focuses her em sennses on the drone before her.
[23:35] Samantha Iseli looks over to Limly "Quite, crossbreeding different species is extremely difficult. I'd love to look through the computer systems, but all evidence points to something bad happening if I were to try." she replies. Then looks over to Mikoto "That is troubling...Alright, I guess keep trying. Maybe we'll pass through an area with less interference. Even if we have to wait until we return to the elevator." she says to Mikoto and nods. She goes with the group, wincing a bit when Glitter opens up another door "I guess a repair bay would be a hospital for robots" she comments, letting the others go first, just in case there were any functional robots in the room.
[23:36] Quentin Mann aka Sordino decides to wait as everyone was entering the next corridor, this time hanging back. When he walks through, he does so back first just to make sure nothing sneaks up behind them. Only when he felt confident that nothing is following them that he finally faces forward.
[23:39] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) whispers: Once she was sure Mikoto had a handle on the eager little thing limly was able to focus back in a thing she actually knew a little about. " Yea While i could pull off tentacles with a bird like body, why, and see here it looks like its missing things hows it to find good without some kind of i dont know mouth, or claws, most birds ive ever seen especially this big dont fly and they dont eat plants.... "
[23:44] Scene the repair bay is completely silent, holding just a couple work stations and a storage area for spare or unusable parts. Connecting to the pod reveals a tolerably advanced security, but nothing too profound on that front, while EM sense picks up no activity. Once broken through, the system reveals the reason for the unit being there 'Sole escapee of attack on a76e91. Extract memory core and analyze for useful data, then dispose and repurpose'. Unfortunately, it seems they were on the last stages of the process, as the bot's systems are all formatted
[23:49] Takamachi Mikoto frowns as she pours over the data. She remained silent for a a minute or so, then closes her unit and murmurs " what am I missing..." She had a troubled look and then walks to the door with a determined look on her face and a stride that clearly declared she ment busineuss There was a bit of an edge to her voice when she commented to Glitter as she passes " Fun time is over. Stay close. I have a bad feeling "
[23:52] Glitter Glam gulps and nods staying close behind Mikoto as they head to the other door remaining silent now seeing the look Mikoto has
[23:53] Samantha Iseli looks over at Limly with a raised brow "Well, they did consider it a failure because it lacked a beak and claws. Viability 0.0002 percent if I remember right. About all I can say is 'polly shouldn't be'." Once the repair bay was determined to be safe enough. She was about to enter the room when Mikoto with a determined look "I'll um...Check that room later" she says, mainly to herself, and then turns to follow the group again.
[23:56] Quentin Mann aka Sordino overhears Mikoto's frustration, but could also feel the tension. It's been what he's been feeling since they got deeper. He knew something was up, but what, won't know until it's in their face but he knows it's there. If he could use his nanode, he might be able to add to the research and find out some things but the thing only now started the process of rebooting, so it wouldn't do them any good at the moment. He signs,"Don't wander off, stay close, stay on your toes."
[23:56] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) had little to no respect for Mikoto she seems hot-headed but the concern dripping from the way she looked and carried her self certainly got limly's attention. She fallowed behind closely... " This time if we have to deal with more turrets or robots that will want to kill us let me go in first i can take it, I know this is a concept but trust me to do what i can do. " Limly stated but for now allowed her to lead on..... glancing over to the doc.... " Actually the other one with a bark like skin, I worked out a smaller reptilian form like that that could hide as a tree using the same kind of skin ill show you if you like sometime..... " Limly stated offhandedly keeping up With Mikoto.
[23:58] Scene the door here is marked as 'Command Center', a glance through the window revealing several more of the bots inside working at a large central console, one of the three clearly the leader by the way it carries itself and the ornateness of its frame
[00:07] Takamachi Mikoto walks into the room like she owns the place. She shrugs her shoulders causing her pack to fall off and kicks it to a the side. Her demeanor having grown hard, her stance and body posture changing She looks to the android in the center, recognizing it as some sort of command unit. "So. I've been told it's rude to ask who someone is without introducing yourself. I am Mikoto Takamachi. Who are you, and who is this 'creator' you serve? "
[00:10] Glitter Glam follows Mikoto glitter swirling around her at the ready as she tries to maintain a intimidating demeanor despite the absolute terror she feels
[00:11] Samantha Iseli offhandedly realizes that the wireless module in her glasses is still connected and active. With the rising tension, she quickly deactivates the system and un unplugs the module from her glasses, behind her ear and putting in one of her zippable pockets to prevent her glasses from getting hacked. She nods to Quentin's suggestion to stick with the group and stay alert. "That one did seem to be designed to be camoflauged in a similar means...I'll have to go over the footage later and see what it was supposed to be, I'd guess it was some sort of crossbreed with an insect, like a 'walking stick' or something. But it might be biologically easier to crossbreed a reptile..." she muses, partially to herself "It would be interesting to see, certainly. Shape-changers are fascinating" she says as she follows along with the group. She gives a sidelong glance to the label on the door. she wasn't sure what was going to happen, but it was going to be interesting. she also noticed the distinctly
[00:11] Samantha Iseli: different-coloured command unit, but unlike Mikoto, she just stayed quiet, scanning the screens and the robots, trying to collect as much data as she could before they got locked down or, in the case of the robots, mangled.
[00:15] Quentin Mann aka Sordino says nothing, as per usual, but keeps his eyes focused on the machines. He can read people's body language, can predict their moves and intent that way.. but machines were a little different. Harder to read or predict their movements. The ones that stood in front of them now, they carry a different air about them from what they've seen previously. These were clearly high ranking or in charge. He is already aiming his gun at them, ready to open fire.
[00:20] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) simply let Mikoto talk figuring if things got too heated she would just step in and probably on more robots... for the moment she was on alert but had nothing to add.
[00:24] Scene the lead robot speaks alone this time "We are but servants, awaiting the Creator's triumphant return. None are allowed to know its true nature, your place is to serve the Messenger. The Creator's beneficence knows few bounds, and for this reason we grant you one last chance to depart" floating up into the air as it speaks on a magnetic current massive enough to start drawing flakes of iron off the walls and form them into a cloud around it
[00:34] Takamachi Mikoto became sheathed in electricity as she floated up, her body wreathed in lightning. Not to be outdone, she began pulling her own cloud if iron around her. " I'm not a fan of destroying sapients, So I'll give you the chance to stand down, " her small drone floated town to the console on the right, attempting to stealthily connect to it " I thought you should know though. I've faced Kali. I'm the one who freed Durga from control. her eyes narrow "And I'm the one who struck the final blow that destroyed Shiva." Then she flares up her aura attempting to teach a machine fear.
[00:35] Glitter Glam watches the bot rise. Placing her paci between her lips to calm herself as she prepares to get serious pulling every bits of training she paid attention to as her glitter forms around her. Her wings glow as she concentrates and flys "Ok I got this. Just like Mommy said. I got this" sucking on her paci as she waits for Mikotos go. Her glitter swirling violently as tensions rise
[00:40] Samantha Iseli seemed somewhat lost by the lead robot's words, but when the lightshow started, she made her way out of the line of fire, hiding behind one of the wall segments, already knowing that 'departing' wasn't going to happen. She winced in pain when She found herself in Mikoto's magnetic field and backed away a little, trying to stay in cover, but also far enough away from the magnetic field to keep it from affecting her specific physiology, trying to mask her pained expression. This was not the sort of fight she wanted to be around, but she couldn't exactly run away either.

DeuxBlackthorn
Site Admin
Posts: 467
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:25 am

Re: Footsteps Among the Departed

Post by DeuxBlackthorn » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:36 am

[00:43] Quentin Mann aka Sordino watches the scene unfold, the lead robot, the one he assumed was The Messenger gathering pieces of the wall towards it while Mikoto tried her best to intimidate it. He fought the urge to roll his eyes with her boasting. These things were machines, the concept of fear likely won't reach them, let alone would they be impressed. If anything, the absolutely most offputting thing about them is how they come off like religious zealots and this Creator is their god. Clearly the Creator programmed them that way and has a complex. He almost wants to shake his head. He keeps his gun trained but could feel a tug... a bit shaky due to Mikoto's magnetic field, on top of the Messenger's own show of energy and power. He aims for the robot still at the command center on the left. He uses military hand signals, signaling for Limly to go for the robot on the right. He kept his gun aimed but wouldn't dare fire yet, at least until he's confident the bullet could make it through this field and not get sucked up in it.
[00:46] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) smirked a bit and began to stretch her legs a bit and pulled out her mp3 player from a random pocket with attached speaker.....she hit play and set it down just on this side of the wall so it wouldn't be disturbed by what happened next... the music began to play starting with a piano solo in conjunction with lyrics. " Tonight im going to have my self a real good time, i feel aliiiive, and the world turn it in side out, floating around in ecstasy so dont stop me now...."Limly crouched like a feral animal about to attack, then charged just as the lyrics got louder "Cuz im having a good time..." Making a last minute jump attempting to shoulder check it with a meager force of half a ton. If you wanna have a go, you gotta go through me first. " Limly's smirk turned into purely sadistic grin. Limly had little use for threats preferring a show of force.
[00:51] Scene Mikoto's words seem to wash over the leader without effect... except maybe, just maybe, there might have been a flash of something when Shiva was mentioned, hard to tell through the cloud of iron. Limly's charge at it results in her completely bouncing off without even budging the bot, the force of the impact reflecting right back into her, and then it makes its move at Mikoto, rushing forward as plasma blades flash into existence on its arms and legs, turning each limb into a deadly weapon as it attempts to launch a flurry of punches and kicks. The lesser bot on the right lunges at Limly as she lands with claws extended, while the one on the left leaps the console and tries to rip open Glitter's face
[01:00] Takamachi Mikoto formes a series of plasma orbs that orbit her. She braces herseif. waiting for the robot's charge, then she blinks, vanishing in a flash and reappearing hust behind the lead bot forming a plasma blade and slashing for her. while the orbs accelerate at her,attacking from both sides.
[01:00] Glitter Glam cries out as the bot leaps. Panicking she channels some energy as she thinks of Mommys. A surge of glitter and cosmic energy surrounds the girl and then a blackhole opens up infornt of her as the bot leaps through. Then would immediately close afterwards. Glitter falling back and passing out. A soft coo and giggle as she suckles on the paci looking like a sleeping baby as the glitter swirls around her protectively prepared to defend its host while she sleeps and recovers
[01:02] Samantha Iseli peeked out around the corner, watching the swirling cloud of iron following the torus-shape of an electromagnetic field. She checked her scanner as she measured the field at this distance, running through some calculations in her head "Hey, what pistol do you have? And is it modified in any way that would affect muzzle velocity?" she asked to Quentin. She might despise violence, but after the reminders of her childhood, she couldn't bring herself to find a logical reason not to help her companions destroy the hostile robots. So right now, she was running bullet trajectories for Quentin to hit his target on the left. She just needed to know the caliber of pistol to find the correct trajectory.
[01:07] Quentin Mann aka Sordino keeps a steady breath, remaining calm in the face of danger. He's battle great odds before, so this isn't new. He keeps his hands steady, his gun still. , his aim (hopefully) true. His focus is still on the one to the left. He's aiming for what he believed to be a vulnerability.. the eye sockets, but before he could pull the trigger a black hole opens to swallow the machine. He is so taken by surprise that it gives him pause. The surprises keep on coming. So now it was time to focus on the one to the right, but he caught the words of the doctor, causing yet another hesitation. "Beretta 92F," he answered.
[01:13] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) adsorbed the reflected damage, she eyed the one facing her grin only growing wider she looked deep into its eyes and stated " You cant think you can hurt me, but your welcome to try little one. " She stated getting brawling pose like she was about to punch the thing throwing a serise of blows the first two fakes to setup for the real attack at again .5 tons focusing it on the red dot at their center hoping it was important. . Limly had zero fear of their energy blades from the outside her way of fighting was really reckless like her whole plan of attack was simply "attack" though she had a plan and it was to be the biggest nuisance to the bots so they would have to worry about what she would do to prevent any one of them from just focusing down anyone else. Thankfully one of them just jumped through a hole in space so that made life easier
[01:19] Scene the one that charged Glitter vanishes into the hole with a loud crunch, while the one facing off against Limly takes her punch, staggering back a half-step as a slight cracking noise is heard, but then it lunges back into another attack, both hands clawed and swinging this time, trying to rip and tear at her. The leader is caught by surprise with the sudden two-sided attack, its magnetic field flaring up to the front as it shifts to repel and dissipate the electrical orbs, but that focus allows the plasma blade to slice clean through its waist, the heat of the cut burning away a coating along the edge, revealing that under a thin outer layer this bot has the same construction as the others. The two halves drift slightly apart, and then it attempts to retaliate in kind, with each half of the bot twirling in a cyclone of blades on either side of Mikoto and then trying to slam together onto her and cut her to pieces
[01:27] Takamachi Mikoto relaxed her muscles, and even closed her eyes. She fought using her EM sense to guide her motions, and was moving her body by directly controlling it with her electric powers allowing her to move in almost uatrual ways. She seemed to be at a slight disavantage, having one blade instead of four, however she used her floating orbs to intercept attacks as well. focusing intently. , then suddenly she focuses on one of her arms and causes an electromagnetic burst attempting to disrupt the containment of the plasma blade. If she manges to disrupt the blade, her hair-tie would whip out, revealing that it was actually an i/o cable, and try to plug in to the gynoid where the blade was
[01:29] Samantha Iseli peeks back out around the corner, only to see the bot to the left is just, not there anymore. "Okay, 9mm" she mumbles to herself, the only reason she knew that offhand was because of how many 9mm slugs she'd had to pull out of patients over the years, plugging the final value into the formula so she could help Quentin compensate for the magnetic field. But before she could relay that information, Limly went on the attack against the remaining ground bot. "Aim about ten degrees down and fifteen to the right to compensate for the field. Maybe start with twelve though. Wouldn't want you to hit her" she said to Quentin, gesturing to Limly.
[01:35] Quentin Mann aka Sordino nods as he aims at the lower bot again. Keeping his arms and hands steady, he moves as directed, lowering downward, then moving to the right, with the coordinates given to him. He fires two shots in a row, one at the original coordinates, and the other starting at 12. "Keep 'em coming," he said. He doesn't usually talk much, often to the point someone can mistake him for being mute, yet this was not the time for gestures and sign language. Plus he likes to keep it short and to the point. "While at it, send me some for the leader too. See if we can create a ricochet." He considered himself at a disadvantage of sorts. He could activate his own armor from the nanode but considering that they were dealing with two magnetic and electric types, it'd likely be rendered useless anyway, arguably give the enemy even more of an advantage. So he has to go it naked for now.
[01:39] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) smirked darkly as the raking claws seamed to only cause her skin ripple around the attack site, her body absorbing the injury clearly limly wasnt worried about injury. as the song wound down and started its next song it was upbeat and started with with a fellow yelling several time. " I come from the land of the ice and snow...." she now switched stances going in for a grab and throw attempting to throw the robot into its leader with the force of .5 tons. " Hey up their dont forget about me, Imma break you in half count on it!!!" She yelled at the leader.
[01:43] Scene Quentin's first shot goes totally wide from the magnetic fields, but the second is a grazing hit along the side of the bot's head that rips a chunk off. Limly grabs up her foe and swings it into the leader, only to have it come bouncing back twice as fast and hard without budging the flying bot. As Mikoto's EM blast fires out it shorts out the blade generators for a moment, though the core of the leader seems much less affected. The cable connects, but the whirling dervish of plasma and legs behind Mikoto tries to batter her away from behind and cut her more, or failing that, to slice the cord
[01:51] Takamachi Mikoto spurts of blood splatter against the walls as mikoto just barely avoids the blades, the heat keeping the wounds from continuing to bleed.she flips up and over to the front if the leadeer, trying to keep the orange bot between her and the blades, flashing up a static shield to try to keep her from slicing the cable, about half of her orbiting balls winking out of existence as she focuses on diving through the orage bot's security.
[01:59] Samantha Iseli watched the results of the bullet strikes to fine tune her estimates. Noticing the grazing hit, she refines the program, she watches the robot get tossed at it's leader, only to be bounced back by the field surrounding the leader. She makes a couple adjustments to her program and says "It's a bit closer now, nine down, twelve right again" she says. "As for the leader" she frowns when Mikoto jumps back infront of the robot. "That's going to be a hard shot..." She runs a calculation for a shot to connect to the spinning lower half of the bot "Aim for the middle of the right wall, between the two rivets, should hit the lower half of the robot's body."
[02:03] Quentin Mann aka Sordino simply nods without saying anything. So far, two shots, he had enough left to make these additional ones. He aims for the lower bot again. Pointing his gun at it, then lowering it 9 degree, then 12 degrees to the right. He fires two shots, double tapping like a certain dog loving hitman. Then he focus on the leader. Mikoto seems to be having some trouble so this should, hopefully, help. Just as instructed, he aims for the middle of the right wall, between two rivets. He calms himself.. steadying one again.... then he fires two shots in a row, another double tap.
[02:06] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) was hot on the heels of her throw so when it bounced off she was their to shoulder check the subordinate back into the shield using both her own strength and resilience to make the leader's shield be as much a hindrance to its subordinate as it was to limly. fully expected this act to knock her on her ass but hoped it would be enough to deal a crippling blow to the subordinate. songs finished and new song started playing, " Cant stay at home, cant stay at school, old folks say you poor little fool, Down the streets im the girl next door, Im the fox youve been waiting for..... Hello Daddy. Hello mom, Im your Ch-ch-ch-cherry BOMB!" rang out just as she relentlessly pancaked the poor subordinate bot between herself and its leader. Clearly each time she was hit it was doing something but she was somehow mitigating the damage, she would have to because the way she faught was down right like a berzerking barbarian and she couldnt be more happy about any of what was happening. it could be concerning if there
[02:06] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro): wasnt more immediate problems.
[02:13] Scene with its attention on the internal conflict, the leader's magnetic field isn't discriminating, starting to peel open chunks of the bot as it's pushed into place, one of those openings providing a nice hole for Quentin's first two shots to pound into the internals, the bot sparking a few times and then going quiet. The second pair of shots compensate and connect with the lower half of the leader, but once again bounce off, getting caught up in the magnetic storm. The legs try once more to spin around and catch Mikoto, but as the leader feels its defenses starting to collapse it does what it can to limit what data can be recovered, turning its entire magnetic field inwards to crush itself, and possibly also Mikoto
[02:16] Takamachi Mikoto gritts her teeth " oh no you don't.." she mutters. The orbs vanish, the sword fades away and she puts everything she has into fighting the field long enough to get access and shut it down.. getting pressed against the bot in a struggle of control and will
[02:24] Samantha Iseli frowned a little when the second two shots were deflected by the leader's shield She frowned a bit. The shots should have surfed the edge of the field and been pulled into the gap, but it looked as though the shield wasn't following the magnetic torus-shaped magnetic field. "Those shots should have hit...There must be a second field to cover the gaps, that's why the particle orbits aren't stable..." she mutters out loud, though from the way the bot's starting to implode, she guesses they won't need need to continue the assault. As she watched the iron chips suddenly smash into te robot's body she realized what was going on "You don't have a shot from here, but I think it's own shield is crushing it" she says to Quentin.
[02:29] Quentin Mann aka Sordino observes what's going on, how the robot leader's own powers basically turned on him. "I think you're right," he said. This thing didn't have long, he suspected, but Mikoto seems to be making a gamble. He wasn't going to interfere. He backs away to steer clear, motioning for Limly to do the same. He had the feeling that this was going to be bowling shoe levels of ugly.
[02:32] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) had no choice but to fall after making a repelling contact with the subordinate landing on her ass with a resounding "oofff" she look on her face began to really look angry she growled like an animal as horns and head tentacles formed her skin turning dark and ears lengthening, eyes taking on a decidedly demonic look, Limly was back on her feet in an instant something about her look suggested she was done playing, since the thing was still flying her only choice was to jump to reach it and her battering ram looking horns gave her a better means to do just that, reverse joints in her legs giving her the perfect form for pumping 5 tons of force into a jumping head-but she was going to break through that field no matter what, breaking this thing in half was more than a promise at this point. this machine had tasked her, and like Captain Ahab, she will have it no matter the cost. screaming out in rage as she jumped. Had the sugestion been made to fall back just a little sooner she might have listened but
[02:32] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro): at this point it was a matter less of rational thought and one of pure emotion.
[02:35] Scene as the digital battle rages on, the leader slowly loses ground, but has numerous firewalls and redundancies in place that will take some time to break through, and physically its magnetic field is steadily gaining force as it compresses inward. Limly's charge is unimpeded by the field, but she once again bounces off the robot, the 5 tons of force reflecting back into her as she's sent back to the ground
[02:39] Takamachi Mikoto grits her teeth, straining, then let out a gasp. Suddenly she vanished, and reappeared on the ground a way back. breathing heavy and panting, pounding a fist on the ground with an oath muttering 'almost had it.. "
[02:40] Samantha Iseli nods and then lets out a quiet eep as she saw Limly transform, and somewhat unrelatedly ducks back behind the wall as the robot crumples in on itself more, she half expected it to explode at some point. Especially after Mikoto teleports away from the machine, seemingly giving up on whatever it was she'd been trying to do, she guesses the goal had been to hack it though.
[02:44] Quentin Mann aka Sordino stands in silence, not finding cover but watching in amazement. Not often one witnesses a robot actually end its own life. Did it desperately want to save its secrets? That could be it.. yet that data has to be stored somewhere and not just in it. Still.. quite a thing to see.
[02:49] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) hit the ground her mind focused on solving this problem, she didnt want to take another larger form as it was so taxing but felt she had no choice now she let out somewhat pained growl hitting the ground hard she stood to her feet, she began to grow taller taking on more and more atributes to help crush this tin can her back sprouting tentacles more of them, if battering ram didnt work lets see how it liked being crushed . limly attempting to encircle its defensive bubble in a 5.5 ton bear hug, wrapping arms and more than a dozen tentacles around its defensive feild and squeezing it like a vice wanting nothing more in this moment to pop it like a balloon. Not caring if it was self destructing.
[02:52] Scene as Mikoto poofs away the leader's field snaps in much faster, peeling away the outer layer and then starting to crush it, Limly's pressure not doing anything at first, but once the coating starts clearing away her pressure adds to the field and accelerates the final compression, the robot crumpling up into a little ball of plastic and metal, completely unsalvageable
[02:59] Takamachi Mikoto pants and pounds the ground several more times. " Dammit Dammit Dammit!" forcing herself to her feet she starts making her way to the console " ... got to make sure the leader's destruction doesn't cause deletion.. " She hits her comm hoping communicaion had been restored. broadcasting to several at once. " CELES? Come in?! I need an uplink!" Then pulls out another comm "N? I need Lilith.. We found an extremely advanced complex down here and I have a really really bad feeling that there was a reason the ark came to this planet. "
[03:02] Samantha Iseli takes the time while the robot was self-destructing to check over the others for injuries, she was especially concerned about Mikoto seeing at she had been in close quarters combat with a whirling storm of sharp things. She winces when Mikoto starts hitting the ground, watching as she gets on the comms, calling several people and filing away what was said. Eventually she gets up and walks over to the little ball that used to be a robot, nudging it with her foot to judge it's weight.
[03:06] Quentin Mann aka Sordino looks around, eyes falling on the little ball being kicked around by the Doctor. This proved to be more of an interesting night than thought. But he could tell they only scratched the surface.
[03:07] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) kept crushing till it de-powered from its own shutdown letting it fall and then stomping on it a few times for good measure.. as the rage passed limly looked around feeling quite pleased with her self and then stated aloud.... " Now THAT is. Pod...... Why is the room spinning...." she stated before literally falling over her size sharply decreasing as well as other alterations she had made going back to her purely human looking form rather quickly.... " Oh god i feel like ive been hit by a truck... I need something sweet i feel like my blood sugar is bottoming out.... Doooooccccccc 3000 CC's of sugar stat, preferably in one giant chocolate bunny!!!" while she was low on blood sugar because of the energy requirements to power a body of that size limly was otherwise unharmed....
[03:10] Scene Mikoto's comms and links are still sketchy at best trying to connect to PAE's network, like trying to make a call with 1 bar, but there's at least some contact now. The direct verbal line to N does work though "Alright, I'm mobilizing the crew now. Will be a few minutes, we can't get scans on you since you took the elevator. Is the site secure?". The robo-ball is a good 30-40 pounds, would have been a lot more if it weren't mostly plastics making up the chassis
[03:16] Samantha Iseli squeaked as Limly stomped on the ball a few times, hoping it wasn't too badly mangled, she wanted it as a paperweight. But for now, she was more worried about Limly, though given the heavy weight of the ball, she decided that it was a bit too heavy for a paperweight. She rummaged through her pockets and produced a couple of nutritional bars. Her own metabolism forced her to consume more food than average, so she'd learned to bring food with her. She offered the two snacks to Limly "This is about all I've got" she says apologetically, not having a giant chocolate bunny for the woman to consume, but the bars would be better than chocolate anyway, though less flavourful. But since Limly was fine otherwise, she turned to check on Mikoto
[03:18] Limly Sivitri (limly.yoshiro) ate them like a starving kid from a random impoverished country. leaving not even a single crumb behind falling back on the floor to digest and wait for the wave of feeling bad and loss of energy to pass .....
[03:18] Takamachi Mikoto takes the comm from N and hooks it into the console, as well as her own she slimps over the console but works anyway " We can't let what's down here out into the city. " she coughs using the console to hold herself up while she works " If this is what i think it is we could be looking at extinction... " She swayed a bit as she talks as she pours through the data
[03:24] Scene it's clear that the group here had been working to purge files from the system, many of them deleted or corrupted, but roughly a quarter of them are still accessible. Most are sequences of letters and numbers or random names that don't mean anything at a glance, needing to be checked out in detail to figure out what they are... but as you scan through, 2 files leap off the screen... SHIVA and SHIVA V2
[03:27] Quentin Mann aka Sordino walks over to the little ball, poking it with his gun. Well, this was a hell of a day. He got everything he needed from this experience and had plenty to tell his boss, The Shogun. Honestly, he basically completed his mission around the time his nanode was shut down by the emp shot, but he also felt like he completed a bare minimum and he doesn't like halfassing a job. He simply gives a nod before making his exit. He'll have to come another time without so many.. extras at the party. For now, he'll take a loss. Besides, not like he's completely empty handed. Though one day, he might run into this Mikoto again. He doesn't really punch above his weight, usually dealing with what is considered street level and vigilantes, but if the check is good, he might try his luck.
[03:32] Takamachi Mikoto looks around at the team coming in " everyone. Turn off everything wireless. Remove the batteries if you can. I want nothing wireless operational. We need this place locked down. " She takes a photo of the file list with her pad and prints it out, and folds it. then hands it to one of the the team " Take this to N. Don't tell anyone what you've seen here. Put this directly in her hand. "
[03:36] Lady Nightmare has been on her way down along with the team, and by the time you finish your scan she's already moving through the early parts of the facility. The soldier takes the paper and runs off to her with just a nod, and maybe a minute later she comes barging through the door and straight up to the console "You're not fucking serious!?" then she notes your situation and turns her head "Someone go get a damn medic in here, NOW!"
[03:38] Takamachi Mikoto looks at N and a wry smirk appears on her face " Should have seen the other guy" pointing at the metal ball. Then slumps " It self destructed before i could crack it" the the one of her voice suggests that she sees this as a failure
[03:42] Lady Nightmare nods slightly "Well, looks like we've got a lot in here still, hopefully what we need... not much of this makes sense right now" then she tilts her head slightly "Lilith, reschedule companies 17 through 47, effective immediately. I want them on shifts, 1000 bodies here at all times. This facility is now an Omega level operation, access granted by myself or Mikoto only" then she steps around the console while the medic comes into the room and starts inspecting your injuries
[03:53] Takamachi Mikoto pours through the console trying to fend off the medic even though she's got no business being on her feet " I thought it was over... " she hunches over " this is why the ark brought us here... It's been here befoere... "
[03:56] Lady Nightmare glances over as she hears a grunt from the medic "Let him work... it'll take 5 minutes, and you look like you're about to faceplant here... let's see what we've got" pulling open the SHIVA file, which contains schematics for an advanced robot that perfectly matches the statues outside
[03:58] Takamachi Mikoto sighs and lets the the medics work. " N. Can you authorize Sigrid and Katy? "
[04:01] Lady Nightmare nods "Of course, you can authorize people too, just let my crew know. I'm keeping it to us for now, because we're the ones that know the details of how to prepare people to be around this stuff" the medic providing an organic nanite injection, along with a minor stimulant to keep energy from bottoming out "It's not much, but I get the impression you won't sit long enough to do better... that'll keep you upright and make sure you don't bleed out at least"
[04:13] Takamachi Mikoto: your people are searching the team members as they exit right? That guy with the katana. .. I caught him trying to swipe stuff. make sure they check him.. Also.. we should run a hard line trough the tunnel for comm.. nothing wireless past the elevator." she starts quoting off security protocols that N should know just as well as Mikoto, then looks seriously to N " you probably shouldn't directly interface with anting. I know the chances of you getting compromised are like 40 billion to one .... But if shiva gets control of even the tiniest portion ... ) she doesn't bother finishing the sentence, knowing that she doesn't need to convince N of how dangerous Shiva would be with N's tech
[04:18] Lady Nightmare nods "We'll stick to quantum comms inside here... I'll get you a few extra on loan for the people that you need to bring in. There's nothing in them to be compromised. As for me, I've got Lilith watching me even if it got the better of me somehow, and she's actually hacked Singularity successfully. If I try to do this by hand we'll be here all year, and we need to find out fast just how serious this situation is exactly. I'll get production rolling on the Artisan energy again too to be safe"
[04:22] Takamachi Mikoto: There are two intact and three or four dissembled units down the hall way. " She sighs " Could i get some schematics? Just to make a few side arms to have at the readty?"
[04:26] Lady Nightmare smiles slightly "You can make any weapon that uses a gas-style chamber to fire, I'll get you a few tubes of the energy to transfer into the chambers. The energy itself is a bit odd to work with... it grows organically, so just don't totally empty a tube and it'll refill"
[04:35] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR walks in, the light droid following. "The other expedition members have been mostly evacuated. We're tallying them up now to make sure everyone who went in also came back out. It seems that we have had few casualties...if at all."
[04:41] Takamachi Mikoto nods " that's helpfull. " She pinches her nose " I'm going to go check that console over there, that has a seat. " she hobbles her way over to the chair " Zeph. no conventional wireless. quantum couminication only. That includes your drone "
[04:41] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR: It's automated. I shut down wireless comms when I got what passed as a..message from you.
[04:42] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR turns to look at anothe console. "It seems we're in dire straits indeed. Even moreso than we were in the old city.
[04:43] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR nevertheless shuts the drone down, folding it up and putting it on the console desk.
[04:43] Lady Nightmare gives a small nod to Zeph as she enters "Well, that's something positive at least" her hands sinking into the main console, and then holographic screens start popping up around her "Not how I was planning to spend my nights for the next week or so... how did Ini do?"
[04:45] Takamachi Mikoto: I'm not so sure. We've been right on top of this place for a few months now and haven't seen so much as a sniff. I'm hoping that this planet was abandoned. " She stops when N asks about Ini. and sighs " She almost exposed the whole team to a biohazard. We were lucky. She's very strong but lacks discipline and focus. Also. She made a black hole. "
[04:48] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR looks through the console, not touching anything that wasn't clearly marked. "Sounds like I missed a party. I was occupied up above with the expedition crew. They want to haul a few pieces of those defenses back to the surface for study, but I halted recovery operations when I got your message.
[04:49] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR: ...you realize that if 'she' was here, that means she knows where this planet is. Which means she might decide to pay a visit.
[04:49] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR: And we're nowhere near capable of fighting her again.
[04:51] Lady Nightmare chuckles to Zeph "Yeah, nothing leaves the cavern right now, I'll get a mobile quarantine setup near the exit to scan every item. As for Singularity... well, let's just say I left it a little surprise if it tries to flee Earth before the sun fries it..." then she looks to Mikoto "Yeah, focus is a big problem for her... I'm surprised she managed that already though, she at least has potential. Looks like she tired herself out pretty thoroughly though"
[04:59] Takamachi Mikoto leans back closing her eyes a bit, sighind deeply. " yeah.. tired... " she starts to slump just a bit
[04:59] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR hums and looks through some files, but finds nothing interesting. "Still...it raises concern." She turns and looks at Mikoto. "Perhaps it is time I brought you home, Miss.";
[05:02] Lady Nightmare nods "Yeah, not gonna be any help to anyone passed out there... get some proper rest, and we'll start figuring this all out tonight. I'll see if I can figure out any sort of organization to this all"
[05:05] Takamachi Mikoto doesn't respond. Finally succumbing to her wounds she just sits there slumped and occasionally letting out a snore as the downsides of being a poor frail human
[05:06] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR picks Mikoto up and nods to N. "I'll take her home. Just give a ring if you need us.:'
[05:07] Lady Nightmare sighs a little "You know where you'll find me"
[05:07] DAX/2 Unit Z3PH-YR nods and carries Mikoto out.

Post Reply