App sumbit box at entrance

For the sim or the website
Red2Blaze

App sumbit box at entrance

Post by Red2Blaze » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:05 pm

Hi just want to suggest to maybe add a submitting box in the entrance to the sim, so we can just drop the apps there

I my self have lots of characters, and i get ideas to make more all the time, so i really like to have a place to drop them, and not boder any one spsfic every time i do so :P

P.S. Sorry for been crazy and all
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤAwesome signature loading please hold:
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤImage

Chyleste
Site Admin

Re: App sumbit box at entrance

Post by Chyleste » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:23 pm

I like to get the apps and approve things as soon as possible. The only mail box I have you have to actually go and pick up the cards from the box. I will end up forgetting to check it. That's why I wanted to have them sent to me. I do not have to be in world for you to send them to me.
As always I will give in if enough want a box but that can slow down the process.

jessi_pintens
Sim Admin

Post by jessi_pintens » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:21 am

I'm fine with keeping it without an app box. Those things are always just a cluttered mess to me. But we should change the sim welcome card. Out says there is one and had me all confused.
Thanks to siphon for making me this wonderful signature!

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:47 am

Oh it says there is a box? Well that explains a lot. I will change that.

Montyjack

Post by Montyjack » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:50 am

I think the app box is a good idea. It is easier for the person submitting an app for a start. Just saying
"I can remember, standing by the wall. The guns, shot above our heads, and we kissed, as though nothing could fall. And the shame was on the other side. Oh we can beat them forever and ever. Then we could be heroes just for one day."

Diannah DeCuir

Post by Diannah DeCuir » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:05 am

I also think it's a good idea. When people drop an app in my lap, I have to review it immediately, or else I will forget it. Unfortunately, that usually happens when I'm in an rp, or running an event.
"If you don't know where you're going, you might not get there."--Yogi Berra

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:17 am

Well if you two (Monty and Diannah ) really want to get a box, then we need an admin coordinator that will get the apps, review them, talk with the person submitting them, approve them, give them the metahuman tag, and submit them to me and Diannah at least twice a day minimum. I do not want to make people wait.

Diannah DeCuir

Post by Diannah DeCuir » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:38 am

Chy, between the two of us, we can cover that twice a day minimum. You get it in the late afternoon, and I can get it in the early morning. However, i wouldn't be averse to someone else taking over app review duties.

Montyjack

Post by Montyjack » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:16 am

I don't mind taking that on as long as you guys don't mind if I refer any I'm not sure about. I'll need access to the spreadsheet so I can update it. I will just say I'm quite strict on overpower.
"I can remember, standing by the wall. The guns, shot above our heads, and we kissed, as though nothing could fall. And the shame was on the other side. Oh we can beat them forever and ever. Then we could be heroes just for one day."

Diannah DeCuir

Post by Diannah DeCuir » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:30 am

Monty, you have enough to do with the group apps. I don't mind you reviewing character apps occasionally, but not full time. My thinking was that we have enough admins that one or two of them could handle at least initially reviewing apps. Maybe Mr. Strong?

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:34 pm

Mr Strong does review some and he is happy to do it but he is really not online enough.

Red2Blaze

Post by Red2Blaze » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:55 pm

Sorry for the late reply, did not notice i got replays as i forgot to subscribe to these :P (talking abut forgetting to chake the box)

I think the best will try to find something that will fit every one, i think i can make a sumbit box that can do more then just hold the notes..

So a few ideas i have abut it, so tell me if anything may help with these?
1. Box will send an email when there is a new note inside, that was not seen yet (so if there is all ready one inside it will not send an email)
2. Box send IM to specific avatars when a new note is placed inside (same as above only when there is no new one inside)
3. (these one will be the harder one for me to make) have a message notifier of profiles on a web page (that can work with a object in world that will show how many submitted apps there are)

I also need to look into it, may be able to break the note card it self, so the messages can have the app build in, so it will be able to read it with out going to the box it self

So what you think?
So or so.. i will point out, it may take me some time to get it all set, but for now i guess it will not change any how

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:24 am

If it is possible what would work best is if the box would send the notecard directly to me and Diannah.

jessi_pintens
Sim Admin

Post by jessi_pintens » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:52 am

Yay Red! It is so nice to have someone around who is capable of working on these sorts of things.
Thanks to siphon for making me this wonderful signature!

Red2Blaze

Post by Red2Blaze » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:37 pm

Chyleste wrote: If it is possible what would work best is if the box would send the notecard directly to me and Diannah.
That will always then send 2 of you, i am not yet able to get how to set a website server to track the info
So you may do the same one twice...

I want to see if there is any way to be able to let you call in to get one
But if you like for now, i can make one that just send to a list of Avatars.. (can set that really fast)

Dose any one suppose to get any spsfic one? like if its a Hero send to one, if its a citizen send to the second? or anything like that?

Edit Post
First Version of the script what send to you Chyleste, its set to send the note card to you and Diannah DeCuir right now then delete it from the box it will be in

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:00 am

I will be trying to set it up probably Sunday night. We don't need to have different categories (hero, villains, etc ) Everyone with an approved app gets the metahuman tag. Plus we read the apps anyway so we can tell. Always try to keep things as simple as possible. Thank you for the work.

Red2Blaze

Post by Red2Blaze » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:05 am

Chyleste wrote: I will be trying to set it up probably Sunday night. We don't need to have different categories (hero, villains, etc ) Everyone with an approved app gets the metahuman tag. Plus we read the apps anyway so we can tell. Always try to keep things as simple as possible. Thank you for the work.
Any time