One fish, two fish, red fish, New fish

For the sim or the website
Timberwulff
Sim Admin

One fish, two fish, red fish, New fish

Post by Timberwulff » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:17 pm

Here is where you put fishing ideas and suggestions.

Chyleste
Site Admin

Re: One fish, two fish, red fish, New fish

Post by Chyleste » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:48 pm

Asrya has the details, but we can make and add prizes that can be fished up from the river. So what kind of ideas shall we try to add?

Melina Firehawk
Superhero

Post by Melina Firehawk » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:14 am

I'm very familiar with 7Seas fishing and what it can do. Part of my inventory across 2 avs has a lot of fish, LOL.

Here's a few ideas:

1) A list of collectible items, so people know what is available from common to ultra super rare.
2) Custom fish based on our characters, which can be scripted to emit a random saying from our characters every few minutes.
3) Components that can be built into an object once you have all of the parts (i.e rods, fish finders, boats, etc) - these could be based on some of our tech characters.

Asrya
Sim Admin

Post by Asrya » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:30 pm

What I'd like to see in our Celestial City Custom Prizes;
superhero items/props (masks, weapons, costume pieces)
fish based on some of the bigger characters in the city
'weird' items (I am telling you. I NEED something like 'Timber's lost cock sock')
plot items (that aren't really important but could be)

Butterfly of Doom

Post by Butterfly of Doom » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:24 pm

for plot items.. maybe something like ' x's lost macguffin'
"What? How dare!... The nerve of... Ugh!"- Celeste
"Our enemy is never as evil as we imagine." - Katyusha
"Utterly' is my favorite way to destroy something." - Alecta
"Turn your wounds into wisdom" - Anna

Melina Firehawk
Superhero

Post by Melina Firehawk » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:24 am

Asrya wrote:fish based on some of the bigger characters in the city
Fish can have various levels of difficulty with catching, from common to super ultra rare. The bigger characters could be the super ultra rare, while the others are at other degrees of difficulty. That way, anyone who wants a fish based after their characters could get one (without excluding anyone), but the how often they get caught depends on that degree of difficulty.

Butterfly of Doom

Post by Butterfly of Doom » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:45 am

I'd like a high difficult Jaimiefish and low difficulty Ragdoll fish (she's my main hero but I play Jaimie more)

I'll try to build something.
"What? How dare!... The nerve of... Ugh!"- Celeste
"Our enemy is never as evil as we imagine." - Katyusha
"Utterly' is my favorite way to destroy something." - Alecta
"Turn your wounds into wisdom" - Anna

Asrya
Sim Admin

Post by Asrya » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:38 am

There's a secret difficulty too. Omega.
I've NEVER caught anything Omega, but the new prize givers offer it

LillianVickson

Post by LillianVickson » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:38 pm

Maybe actual plots macguffins could be in there. Like the cure to a virus affecting many meta-humans, etc...

A lucky character could get the spotlight for a second
Beep Me

Asrya
Sim Admin

Post by Asrya » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:14 am

My only concern with putting actual plot items into it is that 7seas does cost real money. Which isn't really fair to others.
Though I'd be willing to toss a casual rod a few people's way (it doesn't require bait, and can catch commons to rares) it's still not fair to put real plot items into the custom prizes if others can't have an equal chance of getting it.
I'm okay with putting plot items that aren't critical, but could provide an advantage if caught. But the actual solutions might be unfair.

Melina Firehawk
Superhero

Post by Melina Firehawk » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:53 am

What about plot items that might inspire or encourage a roleplay with particular characters in the sim, not necessarily with something that advances a major plot that someone might be running? Things for major plots will force an update of the custom prize giver regularly, where as something to encourage individual roleplay with another character might be more beneficial.

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:20 am

These are all great ideas. I love both the idea of something to advance a plot but I also really love the idea of fishing up something to lead people into exploring the actual character / backstory / personal development of another player's character. We can do both easy enough

Asrya
Sim Admin

Post by Asrya » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:14 am

Yuuuuuus

J.Trimble
Sim Admin

Post by J.Trimble » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:36 pm

Aside from the fish the other things that can be fished for are Salvage and other misc items. There are also opportunities to find blue prints for things though this would involve making objects from the salvage, and really I think that should come a long way down the line, given the objects created would need to be approved, while maintaining Ballance. If this was the marvel universe one shoe in item would be the blueprint for the infinity gauntlet and the salvage would be the misc pieces to create it such as the gems and then the materials to create the gauntlet itself. Obviously the gems would need to be super ultra rare and also limited to just -one- which I'm not sure is possible.

Now using the -template- of the infinity gauntlet idea ((not actually, but just using it as a hypothetical example to flesh the idea, know we can't use it as it's a marvel property, just using it for example sake ..end disclaimer))

The limitations would be that the gems can't be used without the gauntlet. Now unless someone was like -mad- there is no way they could acquire all the gems all by themselves. If there is someway for admin to -track- if people fished it, or there is a script to announce who has it when it's rezzed... the person who got the gem finds themselves in an interesting position. (( the gem itself would give off a subtle sign that they are in someones possession)) They may become targeted by non fishers ((hence allowing characters who haven't got rods for the game to participate in the storyline)) The McGuffiin ((plot device)) becomes something for people to negotiate, trade, barter, fight for... A group of heroes for instance could agree that they will simply guard their gems or like they promise that they will -share- the gauntlet once complete.... of course nobody told them the gauntlet was evil like the -ring- from lord of the rings and would forbid them from sharing the gauntlet at all ... my precious....

The random element is simply who ends up with the gems. If we find its a character who is mostly absent or suddenly disappears, we can always restock the gem in the lake

Ok that's the hypothetical out of the way, hope the gauntlet example made sense for a way for plot items not neccessiarly to be only usable by actual fishers.