Hero College

For the sim or the website
Sean7474

Hero College

Post by Sean7474 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:50 pm

It would be interesting to see a school similar to Prof. Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters from the Marvel universe. It could be a College geared toward powered individuals and aspiring heroes and teach subjects like Law, Ethics, Hero Accountability, Combat, How to keep your secret identity secret, etc. Could get volunteers to teach the courses as instructors and the instructors wouldn't need to be powered themselves. For example, a member of the CCPD or a Lawyer could volunteer to teach Law and Hero Accountability.

Just an idea. :P
Heroes Characters: The Ravenmaster "Athan Wren", Silhouette "John Black"

Villain Characters: None

Butterfly of Doom

Re: Hero College

Post by Butterfly of Doom » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:30 pm

I think we had that ..not 100% sure what it was called
"What? How dare!... The nerve of... Ugh!"- Celeste
"Our enemy is never as evil as we imagine." - Katyusha
"Utterly' is my favorite way to destroy something." - Alecta
"Turn your wounds into wisdom" - Anna

LillianVickson

Post by LillianVickson » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:43 pm

I like the idea. Don't rush it though, let Chy get to it later ;)
Beep Me

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:58 pm

We have discussed this several times. We even tried to set it up. I had started on the building and everything. But we need dedicated people to actually run it. Everyone says they love the idea but then don't do anything.

Miss Skelly

Post by Miss Skelly » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:29 pm

What if instead of a school just for heros there's a school for everyone that also offers classes for villains and civilians as well, might get more use that way?
"Chaos was the law of nature; Order was the dream of man." ~Henry B. Adams

Melina Firehawk
Superhero

Post by Melina Firehawk » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:52 pm

If there's graduations, there could be a Police Academy moment where the guy's giving the speech and a pretty girl is hiding in the podium!

LillianVickson

Post by LillianVickson » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:00 am

I am willing to teach.
Beep Me

Miss Skelly

Post by Miss Skelly » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:31 am

It's a school built for the people of the city, villanry is of course frowned on so maybe it would make the place more enticing to rp if there were classes for Heros on like the upper floors, 'regular' classes in the middle, and then secret classes for the villains in the basement? They still go to regular classes, but sneak away to attend the secret ones. Respective clubs could be formed and what not by students?

There is the risk that no one wants to be there/go there/thinks to go to find rp there
"Chaos was the law of nature; Order was the dream of man." ~Henry B. Adams

Melina Firehawk
Superhero

Post by Melina Firehawk » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:39 am

I'd be willing to have a few of my characters teach.

Sean7474

Post by Sean7474 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:00 pm

I'd be willing to help out or make another character to attend the college. I think the hardest part would be getting people together for the classes and keeping it up after those students graduate and move on. I still think even if it were simply a location in the city that it would make a good tool for people who want to play younger less experienced characters who are learning to use their abilities and be heroic. Would be a good place for them to congregate too and meet similar characters.
Heroes Characters: The Ravenmaster "Athan Wren", Silhouette "John Black"

Villain Characters: None

Cybermonarch

Post by Cybermonarch » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:37 pm

I'd throw in a few characters to do that.

Talista Glas

Post by Talista Glas » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:38 pm

I can teach or be a student as needed. Most of my characters are a bit older though, so I'd lean more on the teaching spectrum.
Gimme the sauce, Morty, I need the sauce.

Angelina Sinclair

Post by Angelina Sinclair » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:49 pm

Chyleste wrote:We have discussed this several times. We even tried to set it up. I had started on the building and everything. But we need dedicated people to actually run it. Everyone says they love the idea but then don't do anything.
^That.

One of the main plans Kira had in motion except... it was being developed by a villain so it wouldn't been a good school for folks with mutant powers. Hell the name alone implies it:

"Hero Association -- Pintens Urban Super Soldier Yard (PUSSY)"

Anyway, things didn't work out and stuff fell apart. Ah well. Anyway, back to the shadows for me.

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:39 am

Once again, the idea of a super school has come up.

I am all for this. I even have a location for the building. But before I go shifting things around and adding another building, I want to make sure we have teachers and students committed to playing.

J.Trimble
Sim Admin

Post by J.Trimble » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:31 pm

Given no doubt the mayor will have to cut the red tape, I'll make sure in the speech to make sure all know the focus is on discipline and making powers safer, and not crime fighting, as that's the polices role.

I suggest there are "curriculum" classes...I.E " you and the law." Damage limitation, I.E making sure your powers are less destructive, and that you understand that crime fighting is the job of the police. as its the only mandate on which it could be passed.

And " non curriculum" classes ((i.e secret identity and costuming ((so you don't get arrested by police)) taught by rebel teachers))

Course there might be villains recruiting potential muscle too.

With my varied characters sure anyone could play a teacher sometime... or even a student... s'all depends. But I think we need dedicated teachers willing to plan actual classes.

Butterfly of Doom

Post by Butterfly of Doom » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:23 pm

Ragdoll runs Santeria Seams at the mall (imagined there). She equips heroes for free or near free, outfit wise. Costumes that are made of her life fibers, which go inert. But they still pick up on your powers and adapt. If you go invisible, they go as well. If you use fire, they don't burn by your power use (but can by others if you aren't fireproof). They also stretch and shrink to whatever size you do. Ignore Edna. Capes allowed.

She would help costuming courses out as well.
"What? How dare!... The nerve of... Ugh!"- Celeste
"Our enemy is never as evil as we imagine." - Katyusha
"Utterly' is my favorite way to destroy something." - Alecta
"Turn your wounds into wisdom" - Anna