Forum Feature - Mark unread?

For the sim or the website
Angelina Sinclair

Forum Feature - Mark unread?

Post by Angelina Sinclair » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:31 pm

So I gave myself the unreasonable goal of reading everything in the forums. This task... will take a lot of time but it would go by much easier if I could mark threads "unread" so I can look back at them later. Is there an option to get that feature added or turned on?

Melina Firehawk
Superhero

Re: Forum Feature - Mark unread?

Post by Melina Firehawk » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:30 am

@Angelina Sinclair, I might have a partial solution for you.
Unread.png
Unread.png (24.2 KiB) Viewed 874 times
The three hash marks in the upper left hand corner next to where it says forums is actually a menu. Within this menu you can select to see all "New Posts", all "Unread Posts," and all "Unanswered Posts." The option that may closely resemble what you're looking for is "Unread Posts," as this will show you all of the brand new posts and/or responses made to threads which you have not read yourself. The only drawback is that it won't sort it based on the section of the forum it's in. It just displays everything that has some activity that you haven't read, but you can use this option anytime that you see new posts on the forums.

I'm afraid I haven't seen a mod for phpBB, with all of my years of experience with forums, that allows you to take an existing post that you've read and mark it as unread so you can come back to it later.

BluePhalkon
Site Admin

Post by BluePhalkon » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:59 am

You can mark all topics in a forum as read, but I'm not sure there's a mod to make it so individual threads can be marked read.

Mr. Strong
Site Admin

Post by Mr. Strong » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:10 am

She wants to mark them "unread", not read.