Just a Little bit of Magic!

For the sim or the website
Montyjack

Re: Just a Little bit of Magic!

Post by Montyjack » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:59 am

That's quite a good way of looking at it. So it is determined by who is the stronger, the magician or the machine. Right?
"I can remember, standing by the wall. The guns, shot above our heads, and we kissed, as though nothing could fall. And the shame was on the other side. Oh we can beat them forever and ever. Then we could be heroes just for one day."

Mr. Strong
Site Admin

Post by Mr. Strong » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:24 am

Right. Mind Control can always be shaken off somehow, I think. It usually is in comics and should always be Character Discretion in RP. People want to play their character, not play someone else's thrall. MC robs people of the chance of playing their character with their personality. Should only happen by agreement.

Angelina Sinclair

Post by Angelina Sinclair » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:57 am

Chyleste wrote:It all depends on the character Angelina. Tech can resist but generally there is a schism between tech and magic, much like fire and ice. Tech does not HAVE to have a magic vulnerability but quite often it does. What matters is how your character is set up and their weaknesses.
You'll have to blame the games I played but if you are looking at it like that technology usually trumps magic. At least in Final Fantasy Tactics it did! 8-)

Poor machines had no faith and there for spells failed or did very little damage. Though they still had that elemental weakness that still worked, funny that.

To me it's better off to make it equal than to say plainly Magic beats Technology.

Mr. Strong
Site Admin

Post by Mr. Strong » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:32 pm

What would you rather have in your inventory? A magic wand, or a Green Lantern Ring (with battery)?

Good luck containing a super-nova with your Elder Wand, Shittledore.

Montyjack

Post by Montyjack » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:12 am

HAHA Good point well made!
"I can remember, standing by the wall. The guns, shot above our heads, and we kissed, as though nothing could fall. And the shame was on the other side. Oh we can beat them forever and ever. Then we could be heroes just for one day."

LeliaVoss

Post by LeliaVoss » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:22 am

Well Shuma-Gorath, one of Dr Strange's main enemies, can destroy whole galaxies through aura pressure alone. :3

Mr. Strong
Site Admin

Post by Mr. Strong » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:27 am

Hal Jordan/Parallax annihilated the entire universe and all alternate timelines by pulling at the "loop" of time until it closed. Then he got busy making a new universe, and got pretty far into the job, taking a break to slap around The Spectre, before finally running out of power.

Science, FTW.