Event HUD

For the sim or the website
Red2Blaze

Event HUD

Post by Red2Blaze » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi, was thinking on these idea, and i am all ready working on it

And was thinking il just put these here, and maybe hear some ideas on it, or hear that you all ready have it/working on it/do not want it, and there for i am just wasting my time :P

So so far i am putting into it a Renamer, and Cross Sim messaging, that will only be seen by who ever wears and actives the HUD, so only who is in the event can have it on if they like

There will also be a button for event posting, so if someone want to post an event that happens (NPC acting, Roof falling, Sky turning red) it can be used to post as a Event post

I am also planing to have RLV set into it, so you can post on public channel and it will automatically redrict it to the RP channel (for who uses a RLV supporting viewer)

So.. what you think? is there anything i need to know? is these the wrong place to post? any more ideas? Blha Blah Blah? :D
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤAwesome signature loading please hold:
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤImage

Melina Firehawk
Superhero

Re: Event HUD

Post by Melina Firehawk » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:46 pm

I've got a script for a sim-wide chat headset that can be utilized. Only those wearing the headset and using the appropriate channels will be able to hear what is said or emoted into the channel.

Red2Blaze

Post by Red2Blaze » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:49 pm

That is the basic of what i want to make, but what i want to add to that, is a renamer, and a few more things, that i think may be better for a RP... that i do not think that type of headsets give, at least in the once i seen

Siphon

Post by Siphon » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:12 pm

This is an awesome idea,I definitely like and support what you are trying to do in here!!
<<click up here for my character sheet>>

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:02 pm

I have no problem with the basic idea. There are a few concerns about it though.
First of all, I do not want to require anyone to use it. It will be optional. I like to keep as much freedom as possible and I never want to charge lindens for anything in the sim. ( vendors of course can charge to sell stuff, but I am picky about who can set up vendors here )
My other big concern is script count. With all the scripted items on everyone and super power HUDs, people's script counts can get high. That will cause lag. The sim already has a lot of scripts. I am watching the counts and keeping them as under control as possible.
We can take a look at things and see how it goes. I really would hate to have to put a script counter and limit how many scripts everyone can have.

Red2Blaze

Post by Red2Blaze » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:06 am

Chyleste wrote:I have no problem with the basic idea. There are a few concerns about it though.
First of all, I do not want to require anyone to use it. It will be optional. I like to keep as much freedom as possible and I never want to charge lindens for anything in the sim. ( vendors of course can charge to sell stuff, but I am picky about who can set up vendors here )
My other big concern is script count. With all the scripted items on everyone and super power HUDs, people's script counts can get high. That will cause lag. The sim already has a lot of scripts. I am watching the counts and keeping them as under control as possible.
We can take a look at things and see how it goes. I really would hate to have to put a script counter and limit how many scripts everyone can have.
Fair points
First of all, it will be 100% free there is no way il ask anyone to pay for it
Second i completely agree with it been optional, the problem is that using more then one system at a time can be a real pain i think (like using these + group chat or the like) i am how ever trying to see if i can make it so there will be two messages, one local, and one sim wide that will have to pass in the Script (as as much as i know its the only way to do it)

The Script count can be a problem, i will try to optomise it as much as possible so it will not take much, but if it will take too much, well close it and trash it :P NP there if it takes too much or dose any problem
Doing it mostly of the fun. so worst case it will never be used, and il just put it on the market for anyone that want it (Free)

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:32 am

Cool. As I said I am open to having it as an option. We can try things and see how it goes. Just keep us updated. As always, feel free to contact me in world. Just IM if I am online or send a notecard if I am offline because my messages do get capped.

Red2Blaze

Post by Red2Blaze » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:47 am

Not really good with keeping pepole up to date
But il try
Most likely keep it here

Also on the side if it dose not make too much script load
I was thinking maybe also setting a logger to keep track of the RPs but that later on..

Any how if any one have more ideas for it shot :D

Melina Firehawk
Superhero

Post by Melina Firehawk » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:44 am

The headsets I did and could modify for Celestial have a minimum of 2 scripts. One is to show/hide the headset, and the other is the actual sim-wide chat script. Technically, someone could take the script and put it into something they wear, thus reducing it to only 1 script. The only time there may be more is if there's a separate channel for a specific team.

I normally have given people 2 headsets, if the character permits. One is for the civilian identity, and the other is for the hero persona. They work very well, and using them is optional; however the channel used is designed specifically to avoid an "echo" between local chat and the sim-wide chat. Everything done using the headsets will only be heard by those wearing them and not anyone else.

Just a thought, though.

Red2Blaze

Post by Red2Blaze » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:19 pm

Ok so far these is what i have set, tell me what you think:
HUD has a few mods to work in:
1. Local Mode: The HUD will act as a renamer, just change the name, nothing beyond that
2. Event Mode: Sends the message Cross sim, will be picked up and seen by anyone that has the HUD (can't be seen by users that do not have the HUD, working on ways to by pass that)
3. Event Message - These will be a message send once then move back to Event mode, its point is to send a message as an Item or Object (Robot, Ships that explosive) - Not 100% working yet, but soon will

To Do List:
1. OOC - I need to set for it a code.. cant use "((" and "))"
2. Turn System, these is to help organize the RP will keep a list going of whos turn it is, so when after they post, it will be able to do a sound to let the next player know its there turn to shine

Any more ideas to add here? anything not wanted?
At these time all these is 1 script. and i will work to optomize it as much as possible

Melina Firehawk
Superhero

Post by Melina Firehawk » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:52 pm

If you're going to do this, it's best to have a team specific channel that could be used without anyone listening in to those conversations. Right now, I would suggest having channels for Elysium House, Celestial's Sentinels, and the CCPD to start. Others could also be added later too.

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:24 pm

The different faction channels is a great idea, Melina.

Diannah DeCuir

Post by Diannah DeCuir » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:02 am

God bless you Red! :D
"If you don't know where you're going, you might not get there."--Yogi Berra

Montyjack

Post by Montyjack » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:06 am

CCPD have their own channel already - just saying:) Having a channel we can use for IC big events when local won't cut it would be fantastic. Conference chat is ok but it is too glitchy, and if someone DC's we have to reform it to get them back in the action
"I can remember, standing by the wall. The guns, shot above our heads, and we kissed, as though nothing could fall. And the shame was on the other side. Oh we can beat them forever and ever. Then we could be heroes just for one day."

Red2Blaze

Post by Red2Blaze » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:52 pm

Sorry takes me so long guys, was really busy for a while, on any case i think i got the message down, now just trying to get a log working, so users that where out can join in later and all..

Is there anything i need to know while i was out?

Butterfly of Doom

Post by Butterfly of Doom » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:38 am

we all went insane. Welcome back!
"What? How dare!... The nerve of... Ugh!"- Celeste
"Our enemy is never as evil as we imagine." - Katyusha
"Utterly' is my favorite way to destroy something." - Alecta
"Turn your wounds into wisdom" - Anna

Red2Blaze

Post by Red2Blaze » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:26 pm

.... So.. you may be asking what is taking me so long
Well thigers trying to make the server is much harder then what i originally was thinking it will be

Also got i am not too sure abut the build no more, and there for wanted to ask if every one (Insane or sane) can help with there idea on it

The Original idea a 3 buttons system
  1. On/Off
  2. Mode:
    Short press lets you set a mode (Object/World or What ever profile is selected)
    Long press: Select profile (Then you can change it or delete it or make a new one)
  3. Short: Default to 1 of 2 main RP Channels
    Long: Channel Selector: Press then select channel with /231 channel
But as it seem some wanted more i was planing to add more things like a button that will give you history of the existing RP (Holding the last post of each RPer and up to 10 last event/world posts) (Where i am mostly messed a little now)

Also i meant to do it so the messages sent are only received by characters that are away 20 meters from the posting character (as 20 meters is the max of normal chat messages)
All these if everything will work as i think it needs to will run on 1 max 2 scripts when one of them will be used only when the history is recalled. and the HUD will be 1 to 2 objects

In these point i think to drop the History one up to when i get it, and just finish up what i got ready all ready so it can be used (meaning that i need to texture the HUD, and set the modes as right now there each there own script, that is meant to build into one)
And then make the history part made later on

Thing is if i do it, is there a better way to make the HUD? dose anyone have any good idea for its design? as right now it just looks like 3 colorful boxes that don't say anything XD and i think it needs to look a little better before anyone else it out to use it (Will also need to run some tests to see it works all fine)

Right now it looks like these:
As you can see not a very nice design :P

J.Trimble
Sim Admin

Post by J.Trimble » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:43 pm

willing to help test and can probably make textures for it.

Red2Blaze

Post by Red2Blaze » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:50 pm

J.Trimble wrote:willing to help test and can probably make textures for it.
Ok then, thanks :) that will be great help as i lack drawing ability sadly

Evie Oxwyrth

Post by Evie Oxwyrth » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:04 am

Is this still in the works?

Red2Blaze

Post by Red2Blaze » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:59 pm

Evie Oxwyrth wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:04 am