NEWSFLASH!

Notices about pending large scale or sim-wide events
J.Trimble
Sim Admin

NEWSFLASH!

Post by J.Trimble » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:19 pm

A voice over comes over a live feed of celestial city hall.

"And we are gathered here today, to hear an announcement from Celestial City's new Mayor, Delphine Taggat, oh wait, there she is, she's coming out now."

Delphine approaches a podium and speaks into the microphone.

"Hello Citizens. Today is a great day in the history of Celestial City, Firstly as your new mayor this will be my inauguration day. Secondly we finally have a document that ensures peaceful transition of power, outlines the government, divests the mayor of supreme dictatorial power and institutes checks and balances. No longer will the city languor under an ineffective or absent government in times of crisis. No longer will we be uncertain and unclear about how laws are passed and enforced in this city!, I am proud to say that we have now a constitution and that I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of Mayor of Celestial City, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of Celestial City."

There was a pause.

"We have the workings of government now, We will soon be adding more councilors to better represent the people of our diverse city. You will also be pleased to know that as per the Constitution, the Deputy Mayor position will be taken by my honorable opponent in the election campaign, Timber Wulf."

Another pause.

"Let this day be known forever as the start of week long public holiday. Let this day of November 24th be known as Constitution Day. I look forward to serving my community and have many exciting schemes that will be launched over the coming weeks. Our constitution can be found on our website and a hard carbon copy can be viewed publicly in city hall."

Hands were raised and camera flashes exploded around the scene, voices were raised to ask questions, Delphine waved and smiled cordially before heading back inside city hall.

((to view the constitution go here))

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1976