Story Request Post! (Desperately seeking...)

jessi_pintens
Sim Admin

Story Request Post! (Desperately seeking...)

Post by jessi_pintens » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:30 am

I know that some people just like to show up to the SIM, sees who is on, and then just let things roll from there.

There are some others, though, who I am sure are looking for something more specific, right?

I know, personally, that whenever I create a character, I usually have one or more scenes in mind in which I can imagine playing that character. Sometimes, I get lucky and get to actually do just those scenes. Other times, they just sort of sit there in the back of my mind slowly burning and desperately hoping for an outlet.

If you're like me, then this is the thread for YOU!

Basically, if there is a scene you really want to play and are looking for a partner or partners to make it come to life, post the information about it here and I will add it to this main post. Then, people who share similar interests will be able to find each other and, hopefully, make these things come alive in Second Life!

Also, I plan to start organizing some small-scale events and this would be a great place to get ideas for those. So, if your heroine or criminal group is looking to make a move, post it here and I will do my best to get the ball rolling!

In your post, let us all know a few things:

How many people? Are you thinking of it as a one-on-one scene or are you looking for a bunch of people to be involved? For example, you might have a scene in mind where your criminal breaks into a bank. Let others know whether you are looking for accomplices to join you or how many do-gooders you want to try and get in the way.

The Idea: You can get as specific as you like here. I'd personally recommend being as vague as possible to draw the most interest, but I would be sure to put in any specifics that are totally necessary for you. For example, if the scene is only going to work for you if the bad guy humiliates you by slathering your body in ORGANIC coconut oil, then you might want to include that. *winks*

The Outcome: This can be a bit of a tough one, but it needs to be included. When I say outcome, I mean giving your potential partner an idea of the type of outcome that you either (a) expect or (b) are open to. For example, if you are a heroine looking for a criminal plot to foil, it could be a win, lose, or draw (probably more in theory). If you have a clear expectation of how it should end (i.e. I plan to succeed or I plan to fail), then let your partner know. If you are open to wherever the scene might go, let them know that to.

Okay, so let's see what ideas you have out there, and I will start the list below!

REQUESTED SCENES (Green are Open and Looking. Red are Closed.)

Villains' Revenge:
Brief Description - Villain(s) is(are) foiled and then come up with trap to get their revenge!
Seeking: Multiple hero-types and as many villains as want to join in the fun.
Outcome: Open, but biased at least a little toward the villains.
Thanks to siphon for making me this wonderful signature!

jessi_pintens
Sim Admin

Re: Story Request Post! (Desperately seeking...)

Post by jessi_pintens » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:30 am

So, since this was my idea, I thought I should jump in and actually put up a post about the very idea that inspired me to first write this post...

It's a common scene in the comics. The team of brave heroes heads out together to deal with what they suspect would be a simple threat. They're confident, but not overly so. After all, they're experienced and they know that they always have to be on their A-Game or something terrible might happen. They close in on the location, carefully coordinating their movements as a team, ready to strike.

But, little do they know...

Things are not as they appear. They have been lured to this place under false pretenses by a villain or villains who know they are coming and has specifically prepared for their arrival. Instead of the simple threat, our brave heroes and heroines are met by villains, traps, or other menaces that are specifically there to take advantage of their weaknesses.

Things look grim for our brave hero team!

So that's my idea. I would love to see this play out. I see it happening in two parts.

The Idea? Let's call it Villains' Revenge!

Part A.: The hero team meets the villain team and disrupts their plans. This would set the scene that creates the relationship between these two teams, and something more straightforward. The hero team wins this one, most likely, but the villains escape and begin to plot their revenge.

After Part A, the villains would take a little time to research, through whatever means at their disposal, everything that they can find out about the hero team's members.

Part B.: The Villain team sets its ambush and then we have the big scene with the hero team's arrival. In this one, I could see either team winning, though with the edge going to the Villains as a result of the preparation.

How many People? I'm open on this one. It would work best with at least a few heroes and one at least one villain, obviously. I'm willing to play the villain, and actually have one in mind that might fit for a scene like this. So, I'll probably plan for that and would say I am looking for 2 or more good guys and any villains that would also like to join me!

Siphon

Post by Siphon » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:35 am

I am more than open on playing as hero on this one :D so count me in
<<click up here for my character sheet>>

jessi_pintens
Sim Admin

Post by jessi_pintens » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:08 am

Welcome aboard, Siphon! I was hoping you'd come along for the ride. Now we just need another heroine or two!

Butterfly of Doom

Post by Butterfly of Doom » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:42 am

If I am on when you do this, hit me up. I might be able to bring Tauros
"What? How dare!... The nerve of... Ugh!"- Celeste
"Our enemy is never as evil as we imagine." - Katyusha
"Utterly' is my favorite way to destroy something." - Alecta
"Turn your wounds into wisdom" - Anna

jessi_pintens
Sim Admin

Post by jessi_pintens » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:54 am

Thanks! That would be great! I'm thinking, if it's not too soon, I might sim for Thursday afternoon off this week. What does that look like for you?

Butterfly of Doom

Post by Butterfly of Doom » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:25 pm

I work til 1 slt so around 2 or so. only get a few hours. Be glad to help while I am in:)

Angelina Sinclair

Post by Angelina Sinclair » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:27 am

How did this go?

Siphon

Post by Siphon » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:32 am

Not so good since Jessi went MIA, I am thinking her computer fried (I really hope so). Hopefully we will take on this later on
<<click up here for my character sheet>>

Angelina Sinclair

Post by Angelina Sinclair » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:34 am

Aww! That is not good to hear! I hope she makes it back soon and everything is ok.

maryjo Marioman

Post by maryjo Marioman » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:05 pm

My character is looking to make a name for herself. She has already teamed up with a person or two.

Since she is into chemistry and metals, she is seeking to start making a name for herself by causing the collapse of a building site, or doing something to the water. She already has broken into building or two as a means of locating the best places to create the chemicals and metals she may need,

Since she works part time at the hospital, she is also researching ways of affecting a person's health if they were to come to the hospital

Shiara

Post by Shiara » Mon May 15, 2017 4:21 am

Hey there,

Look at me, and I can necro a thread! It's not my fault, it was sticky!

Ahem. Anyway, I'm currently playing a plucky young heroine called Nova Girl with an inherited super-suit that she doesn't really understand. It's mostly driven by the suit's AI – Little Brother. It feeds her information, controls most of the ancillary functions of the suit (including the nanothread coverings).

What I want is someone techie enough to change Little Brother's priorities, and through it, slowly corrupt Nova Girl.

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Mon May 15, 2017 4:24 am

There's nothing wrong with necro-posting in a thread if it is something interesting or relevant.

We really should use this thread more.

Angel Of Luck

Post by Angel Of Luck » Mon May 15, 2017 10:28 am

Shiara wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 4:21 am
Hey there,

Look at me, and I can necro a thread! It's not my fault, it was sticky!

Ahem. Anyway, I'm currently playing a plucky young heroine called Nova Girl with an inherited super-suit that she doesn't really understand. It's mostly driven by the suit's AI – Little Brother. It feeds her information, controls most of the ancillary functions of the suit (including the nanothread coverings).

What I want is someone techie enough to change Little Brother's priorities, and through it, slowly corrupt Nova Girl.
are your looking for an eventual group? not a techie here, but if you want to go evil, I know just the people to corrupt you... :twisted:

Talista Glas

Post by Talista Glas » Mon May 15, 2017 11:05 am

For some reason I read that first bit like a Meeseeks. No worry on the revive, got a few characters with hacking abilities.
Gimme the sauce, Morty, I need the sauce.

Shiara

Post by Shiara » Tue May 16, 2017 2:41 am

Angel Of Luck wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 10:28 am
are your looking for an eventual group? not a techie here, but if you want to go evil, I know just the people to corrupt you... :twisted:
She's currently a Celestial, so... where she goes, I'm unbothered. Right now, I almost imagine a great end zone might be the flesh sack being discarded, and the AI taking up space as part of the evil underground. Or whatever. I have no strict development in mind. (Or maybe the Girl of Nova Girl trying to make her way as a hero without the now obviously defective suit). Fall into SE clutches could be a thing.
Talista Glas wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 11:05 am
For some reason I read that first bit like a Meeseeks. No worry on the revive, got a few characters with hacking abilities.
Heh. Yes. Definitely Meeseeks. And I'll poke you in game.

The one thing I'm keen on is the issues affecting NG in her secret identity too.

leeanne mowadeng

Post by leeanne mowadeng » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:04 pm

Is this thread or event still active?

Butterfly of Doom

Post by Butterfly of Doom » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:10 pm

I don't know

leeanne mowadeng

Post by leeanne mowadeng » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:52 am

That sucks seemed like a good idea

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:35 pm

The way to get things active is to keep posting relevant posts.

leeanne mowadeng

Post by leeanne mowadeng » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:00 pm

Chyleste wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:35 pm
The way to get things active is to keep posting relevant posts.
Ok thanks in that case i liked the idea mentioned in the first post

Would also like a event where maybe all villains form a evil version of pae and launch a attack on the city