Science Happens- Artisan Edition

The same roleplay rules of Celestial City apply here. You are IC in this section. When posting, make sure to use your character name at the beginning of your post/emote. Remember: Have fun!
DeuxBlackthorn

Science Happens- Artisan Edition

Post by DeuxBlackthorn » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:07 am

[21:34] Lady Nightmare smiles and waves as everyone files into the secure lab, the two recovered tubes of Artisan energy locked into place along the wall "Good evening everyone... I'm getting reports that Singularity forces are gathering for a strike very soon, so I called everyone in to try to crack as much as we can on this research"
[21:37] Venessa would have been analyzing the Artisan energy tubes in her lab... which was also the biggest lab in the hideout. Advantage of being research lead.... all the labs were her lab, "Singularity forces are always gathering... what makes this time any different?"
[21:40] Anna-Kate Harper (nicole.portola) nods and holds up a tablet " thats not good news. But I will lend my hand where ah can here. If we figure thie energy, I mi be able to make a material to contain it to use agaisnt singularity..or reverse engineer this un
[21:41] Kerrigan (Kerry) holds a tablet at her waist, kind of just listening. She had nothing to really add to the conversation yet.
[21:44] Lady Nightmare chuckles softly "The scale of this assembly is a little larger than normal... they're trying not to alert us too much, but I have the feeling they know what we got, and plan to try ending this war before we can use it. Now, as I see it we have a series of problems in front of us... first, we need to reproduce the energy, or when it runs out we're back to square one. Second, we need to figure out the side effects it has and develop countermeasures for them wherever possible. Third, we need to find a way to protect those in the city that rely on tech similar to Singularity from being wiped out as well. And fourth, we need reliable deployment systems to weaponize it... we can't rely just on Kerry here"
[21:49] Venessa shrugs, "Well maybe someone can tell me what they know about this energy.. how it is used... its origin besides the fact that it comes from the artisans.... how do they develop it for instance?" She furrows her brow, "I mean I can duplicate it in every sense I can measure but there could be more to it that I'm not seeing."
[21:52] Anna-Kate Harper (nicole.portola) frowns a bit as she goes through a list of variables in materials" You know. this is where one of those annoyingly intelligent and condescending scientists would be good. Bu we cint just pull this outta our asses, any more than set a group of picture day jessicas to dance the club. Do we have any samples of singularity tech we can test a copy you make on?"
[21:59] Kerrigan (Kerry) blinks a few times as she heard about "replicating it". She spoke in a soft voice. "They grow it... not produce it. Put small samples in tubes... it will grow. Maybe try different types of radiations to stimulate its growth. That's... what I got from them anyways."
[22:03] Lady Nightmare nods "Okay, that's a start... we'll replicate as many of their tubes as we can and put a sample in each... I'll set aside one of the training rooms as a storage area for that and see how it goes. As for Singularity, we don't have fully linked tech here, but we do have precursors and many similar techs to use as test samples. So our second issue is figuring out exactly what this energy does when it's used. The Artisans had a setup on their station to relocate at least part of humanity, that means this energy does more damage than just taking out Singularity... Kerry, think you could unleash a bit on some samples here so we can scan the results?"
[22:07] Venessa would nod a bit, "I'd recommend a few different rooms to test different conditions if the energy does grow we can see what conditions make for the best growth. Also if we end up destroying some in unfavorable conditions then we don't loose more than what was in that room." She pauses, "As for testing on singularity itself... well its not hard to attract singularity to attack something.. send out the right tech into the desert and singularity will come a runnin... have it set up to explode if the test fails."
Anna-Kate Harper (nicole.portola) nods " the weapons themselves are going to be my focus, I will assist in the other tests but will let the more specialized take lead.
[22:15] Kerrigan (Kerry) smiles as she listens, nodding lightly as she bites her lower lip as she seemed to look around. "I mean... I could do that... but are you sure? I could... try small bits like in my hand, but this stuff just typically... explodes outwords."
[22:20] Lady Nightmare nods to Venessa "Alright, you're in charge of that, you can use 10 rooms, try whatever settings you think will work best. Set the rooms so only the 4 of us can enter, I don't want anything disrupting the experiments." giving Anna a little smile before turning back to Kerry "We have to start somewhere... the lab is reinforced... if this stuff blows it apart, then there's no way we could ever use it in the city." calling in a few tubes of sample nanites from several sources, including the precursor ones to actual Singularity. She moves to the wall, ostensibly to get out of the way, but actually slipping most of herself into the adamant behind the walls to avoid any blastback
[22:24] Venessa nods to Anna, "As you wish." She then looks to Kerry, "We have a couple of specialized test rooms as well where you won't do any damage to anything but what's in there... should keep it from affecting anything but what we want it to." She furrows her brow, "If we can't use this.. well then we will just have to do this the old fashioned way. Kill everything Singularity is in. If it doesn't have enough code to make a full intelligence left it will be much easier to clear out of anything it has minorly infected."
[22:27] Anna-Kate Harper (nicole.portola) thinks" we may need to limit other technology going in contact, Kerry, you are tough, and my copies are expendable. "
[22:30] Kerrigan (Kerry) nods lightly as she moves towards the center of the room. She takes off her gloves on the suit, stretching her hands as she holds them to her sides. She sighed and looked between them, then at Anna. "It won't kill you... It's just... explosive. I don't know what it does to tech." She said, closing her eyes as she seemed to focus. Two small orbs of the purple and white energy appear in her hands, then merging onto her arms as they radiate. After a few moments, it explodes outwords in a wave as Kerry yelps.
[22:32] Lady Nightmare pushes herself all the way into the wall as the orbs burst, having Lilith run every possible scan on every frequency known over the room both during and after the blast, and pulling readings from every piece of tech in the room for any anomalies
[22:33] Anna-Kate Harper (nicole.portola) keeps watch, tablet recording..but it didnt have special sensors
[22:33] Venessa watches waiting to see what exactly Lilith finds out from the scan having contained it to a small portion of the lab as to not potentially break everything around it.
[22:34] Kerrigan (Kerry) shook her head a bit as if she was a cat soaked in water. She looked around and scratched her head. "Sooo... That's what it does. I'm not exactly... good at controlling it. It's just a foreign energy I'm kind of... holding inside of me. It does its thing, I do mine."
[22:38] Lady Nightmare moves back out of the wall and steps to the tubes, looking them over closely "Precursor nanites are 100% obliterated... standard SE nanites appear to be unaffected. Gonna take Lilith a bit to compile all the scans to be totally certain there aren't side effects on the other tech though"
[22:40] Venessa nods a bit, "In the meantime I start setting up various conditions for the energy growth tests... don't suppose we know the types of conditions it was grown by the artisans in?" She furrows her brow.
[22:41] Anna-Kate Harper (nicole.portola) thinks" what of the protein ones in the sample I had?" moving over to check on it
[22:41] Kerry Alexis Vale (kerrythecat): ((All singularity nanites in the wave area have been completely eradicated. Newer nanites from singularity will be stunned, nearly destroyed.))
[22:44] Kerrigan (Kerry) blinks as she looked at Vanessa. "I think... just sterile tubes. The lights on their station seemed to emulate sunlight. That's... about it? I'm not really sure. The information I got was pictures, flashes of memory. It was intense shit happening right before I got... uh... "bedded" by the artisan."
[22:47] Anna-Kate Harper (nicole.portola) taps the glass of the sample" either the organic material nanites are unaffected or not singularity in origin. Probably not a threat anyway. " then turning back to the others" do you think Nightmare could download those memories?
[22:48] Lady Nightmare nods "Well, we're gonna need some time to gather all the data from this experiment and confirm it, but it looks like protecting our people may not be as much an issue as I'd thought... will have to make sure a few individuals are evacuated from the city when we use this, but nothing major. So let's skip ahead to theorizing some weapon applications. Is the orb form required to manifest it? And 2 of them? Or is that just a way you handle it... and disjointed memories like that would be very awkward to try to pull..."
[22:49] Venessa chuckles at Kerry, "Guess no matter where you go in the universe everyone just wants some pussy." She smirks a bit already making preparations to start dividing up the energy to grow more of it, "If the energy itself works could likely coat it in a magnetic energy field and fire it from a gun."
[22:52] Anna-Kate Harper (nicole.portola): if its magnetic controllable some sort of railgun rifle may work wonders
[22:53] Venessa shrugs, "Magnetically controllable or not... a proper magnetic field on a particle level can stop most anything from penetrating it and on impact it would disperse thus delivering the energy to the singularity target."
[22:54] Kerrigan (Kerry) blinks a bit as she tilted her head. She shook her head as she sighed. "Not... required? I think you could technically create like... as dumb as it is something from ghostbusters with what Vanessa said. The stupid backpacks they used. Fill a compartment with that, have a valve on the end of a tube to open and eject energy... boom, energy weapons against the singularity." She said with a little nod. "I think that it just blows up because I'm exposing it like that. It's... hard to explain." She said with another nod. "Vanessa is right... no matter where I go I seem to get taken advantage of, or raped."
[22:56] Lady Nightmare steps over and gives Kerry a hug for a moment, then steps back and nods "So an energy flamethrower... sounds promising. Venessa, think you could rig the magnetic mines with it? They'd pull the nanites in the area right into the suspended energy field"
[22:57] Venessa shrugs softly, "Yes possible that might work... especially when most of the things Singularity is in is metal anyway..."
[22:58] Anna-Kate Harper (nicole.portola): dont worry about that. This city is full of rape. it snot you. you arent weak because that heaten raped you.
[23:01] Kerrigan (Kerry) shivers a bit as she was hugged, whispering softly. "Mom, thanks, but I'm fine, really." She said with a little nod. She acknowledged what Anna said, and spoke in a soft voice. "Back to the matter at hand... our lives are at risk here, my experience shouldn't dominate this conversation. Mines will work, guns, flamethrowers... Handgrenades might be nice, and bullets too with small payloads. Replace the interior with a small bit of energy encapsulated for the human form Singularity avatars. Should work well."
[23:03] Lady Nightmare nods "Probably wouldn't take much to alter your plasma assault rifles to fire this... though ammo supply might be an issue. Guess that'll depend on how fast this stuff grows."
[23:05] Venessa nods softly, "Yes.. guns that fire the energy magnetically enshrouded... would look something like a laser gun but deliver the energy we want it to deliver." She nods a bit, "Also depends on how much of the energy it really takes to do significant damage. No good if there isn't enough energy there to have a great effect."
[23:05] Anna-Kate Harper (nicole.portola) thinks " we could modify weapons to have a small generator for it, ionce we figure out how to make it grow in a predictable manner?"
[23:09] Kerrigan (Kerry) smiles as she hears everyone thinking. She speaks in a soft voice. "I can design a refit for the rifle designs I left behind, mother. If Vanessa will allow me that is. I've never... actually worked under you before, so I don't know what you want me doing."
[23:11] Lady Nightmare smiles "That'd be great. Since they were your designs in the first place it'll be easy for you to make the adjustments. We might have to rig up backpacks for them, if the energy output is higher than generation... just feed it into the gun rather than trying to produce it."
[23:11] Venessa shrugs, "I am not much of a leader in truth. So I will simply say it this way. Do what you can do and what you think will help." She nods, "Any information you discover please share it with the group so we can all work better. I am going to trust you to self manage." She pauses, "Science is something where even if we cover the same ground that's okay as we can confirm one another's results."
[23:13] Anna-Kate Harper (nicole.portola): keep me in the loop with the physical portions, and if we need any alterred or manufactured materials. Even new forms.
[23:16] Kerrigan Kerry) nods lightly as she bites her lower lip. She looks down at her wrist and saw the display on her suit showing something. She looked up at the two and spoke in a soft voice. "Mom, Vanessa. I'd like to go ahead and get to work on designing those weapons. My suit is saying my heart rate is going... a little fast... so I'm going to try and get my mind distracted. Do you still need me or can I get to work?"
[23:17] Lady Nightmare nods slightly "Go ahead hon... let me know if there's anything else you need, but I think we have a good start on things now. Thanks for your help on this