Poster Girl

The same roleplay rules of Celestial City apply here. You are IC in this section. When posting, make sure to use your character name at the beginning of your post/emote. Remember: Have fun!
Hannah DuMont
Sim Admin

Poster Girl

Post by Hannah DuMont » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:37 pm

Eira Ermine sighs as she reads through the old news archives. Having nothing else to do as she is still kept under watch while her fate is decided. "At this point I'll take jail. At least there is something to do there." Grumbling some more she decides to get a light workout in as she channels some of her spiritual energy to her palms. "Still no where near enough for battle" She sighs as she sticks her palms to the ceiling and does the same with her feet. Hanging upside down on the roof she begins to push/pull herself up "I need to get back in shape. Need my powers. Need to locate Kori"

Sig courtesy of dreamdumont

Chyleste
Site Admin

Re: Poster Girl

Post by Chyleste » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:20 pm

Anthony Gato rewinds the video he has been watching. The images move quickly tracing back through the history of Arctica dating all the way to the first time the news noticed her. The young executive grins and mutes the sound on the video. Anthony picks up the phone and dials. "Hello. Can you transfer me to the room of Eira Ermine please? Thank you."

Hannah DuMont
Sim Admin

Post by Hannah DuMont » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:24 pm

Eira is busy doing her roof push pullups as the phone goes off. Looking around she drops back to the floor "Ok, so I know it's not Mikoto. She'd use the comm. Picking up the reciever and speaking into it "Hello?"

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:40 pm

The man's friendly rich voice speaks clearly through the line. "Hello, Ms Ermine. It is a pleasure to speak with a legend of Celestial City. I hope you are doing well. My name is Anthony. I am the CEO of FireFly Media. I would love to arrange a meeting with you. I can pull some strings and get you out of there for an evening. I have a business proposition you may be interested in."

Hannah DuMont
Sim Admin

Post by Hannah DuMont » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:01 pm

Eira scoffs "I would hardly consider anything legendary. But I am doing as well as can be expected for one under house arrest. I am not sure what proposition you could possibly have for me."

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:13 pm

The man's charming smile can almost be sensed through the phone. "Modesty is a trait of a true hero. Alright, Ms Ermine, I will cut to the chase. I am aware of your situation and everything you have gone through. I know it's not easy to reestablish yourself and get life back to normal. I would like to offer you a job and a chance to do more good for the good citizens of Celestial City." He pauses with a grin. "Plus if nothing else, you get a free meal at the best restaurant in the city."

Hannah DuMont
Sim Admin

Post by Hannah DuMont » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:21 pm

Eira listens carefully to the man making note to research him as soon as opportunity presents itself "I'm not sure what a media company would want to offer me. Do you not still have Lexus? I'm no talk show host dear."

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:08 pm

Anthony laughs. "Yes. Yes we have Lexus but we also like to do some good things for the city. What the people need is hope. We are looking for someone who can inspire people. Someone who can show that no matter what someone has gone through, they can still help the people. You are a perfect inspirational story, Ms Ermine. So, what do you say? When can we meet so you can help everyone?"

Hannah DuMont
Sim Admin

Post by Hannah DuMont » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:14 am

There is a pause over the line before a answer "You seriously see more to me than there is, but your offer is intriguing. Fine I'll meet with you, whenevr I finally get out of this hospital at least."

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:48 pm

The man chuckles. "You do not see enough of what there is to you. I can make some arrangements for you to get a little break for an evening. Wouldn't it be nice to get out of there and eat some real food at a real restaurant? We could meet tomorrow evening."

Hannah DuMont
Sim Admin

Post by Hannah DuMont » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:35 pm

The blond smiles "I suppose it couldn't hurt. And some real food would be nice. I'll wear my best hospital robes."

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:45 pm

Anthony laughs. "Alright. That sounds good. You will be the most stylish there. I am sure Lexus Regal will be jealous. I'll make the arrangements and send a car for you tomorrow around 6."

Hannah DuMont
Sim Admin

Post by Hannah DuMont » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:09 pm

Eira laughs "Well I'll see you at 6 tomorrow then I guess. Until then have a nice evening." When the goodbyes are exchanged she'd return to her workout

Hannah DuMont
Sim Admin

Post by Hannah DuMont » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:01 pm

Eira dials information and requests the number for Gato. Leaving a message "So I'm sure you've caught the news. Some psycho assassin attacked me in the hospital. I am residing at PAE currently, under the protection of Mikoto. If you still wish to meet then I can be picked up there"

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:33 pm

The next day at 6 pm, a limo pulls up outside PAE. The driver calls inside to the front desk asking to let Eira know that her ride has arrived.

Hannah DuMont
Sim Admin

Post by Hannah DuMont » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:45 pm

Eira comes down dressed in her comfy sweats. Climbing into the limo to her meeting. Remaining silent in thought until she arrives at her destination. She thanks the driver and steps out of the limo at the restaurant

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:21 pm

Anthony Gato steps out as the limo arrives. The young executive is handsome with dark hair and a very charming smile. He is dressed in a nice suit. He steps forward and offers his hand toward the woman. "Hello, Ms Ermine. I hope you are well. I was disturbed to hear about the attack on you at the hospital. It seems we still have a lot of undesirable elements in this city."

Hannah DuMont
Sim Admin

Post by Hannah DuMont » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:47 pm

Eira smiles and takes the mans hand "Yes, well it wouldn't be Celestial without it's quirks. I am fine. Thankfully no one was seriously injured, and Mikoito has graciously given me shelter at PAE."

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:13 pm

Anthony gentlemanly helps her out of the limo and walks the woman to the restaurant. He leads them to the best table in the place and holds out her chair for her to sit before seating himself on the other side of the table. He looks across at the woman with that charming smile on his face. "Thank goodness no one was hurt. The damages to the hospital are going to take some time and money to fix. Maybe we need to build a metahuman wing to the hospital to keep the good citizens of Celestial City safer. The PAE is a pretty secure place. They are practically a para-military organization in the center of the city with all their cannons and tanks they roll out." He shakes his head and glances down letting out a breath.

Hannah DuMont
Sim Admin

Post by Hannah DuMont » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:12 pm

Eira nods taking a seat "Yes, a metahuman wing wouldn't be a bad idea. Better than chancing attacks on civilians caught in crossfire. And yes I feel quite secure with PAE. Though I would like to find out what will be done with me. I am prepared to face the consequences of all my actions"

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:37 pm

Anthony nods as he signals the server for drinks. "I am not sure what the courts will decide. But that is part of why I wanted to meet with you." He flashes that charming smile at the girl. "I know all about everything you have done here in Celestial City, everything from your first appearance fighting the ghostly horse to the battles with Kira, forming the Missfits..." He pauses and gives Eira a sympathetic look. "Then you started a dark time. There was the Horsemen, then a lot of rumors when no one was charged for the destruction, then the rumors of you teaming up with Terrane."

The server brings a bottle of very expensive wine and pours them each a glass. Anthony waits until the server leaves before continuing. "I don't think you are a bad person, though. Before the Horsemen and even after all that, you proved how much you tried to help save this city. You risked your life during all the meteor stuff. I believe that you truly are a hero deep inside. I want to offer you a chance to keep being the hero that this city needs. We have a lot of costumes running around, tearing up the city as they fight the bad guys. We have groups like PAE shooting massive cannons in the city and turning this into a war zone all to flex their ego muscles. I tried starting a team of heroes that would protect the good citizens of Celestial City instead of adding to the dangers but it seems to be falling apart. Maybe that was the wrong approach. I think what we need is an example. You could be that voice of reason, the beacon of hope that shows no matter what your past, you can do good for the city. You can inspire people to do the right thing, take responsibility instead of ignoring the consequences of waging war in the streets."

Hannah DuMont
Sim Admin

Post by Hannah DuMont » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:49 pm

Eira drinks the wine and listens to the man. "SO you wish me to become some kind of symbol? I'm not sure you have the right person dear. If I had my way I wouldn't be known at all. Merely a rumor, like this White haired gun slinger I hear of. The only reason I even came into public eye was because Captain Strong was attacked during his court case and after his little election speech."

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:03 am

The young executive leans back and lets out a breath at the mention of Captain Strong. He nods slowly. "Yes, in a way. I have dedicated my career to trying to make this city safer and better for the people. Since I have taken over FireFly Media, we have shifted programming away from glorifying violence to trying to give a more optimistic happier message. But we also address the problems of this city and try to help find solutions." He takes a sip of the wine. "What kind of message does a mysterious woman with a sword showing up and kicking bad guy ass send? Doesn't it make more sense to explain why we need to do things? Instead of the violent fights being the message, an inspiring icon who has put her life on the line can tell people the real story, be the voice of reason from someone who has been there."

Hannah DuMont
Sim Admin

Post by Hannah DuMont » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:22 am

So you wish to tone down violence, yet use a ninja swordswoman as your icon? I'm not some superwoman. I am also very non photogeneic so don't look good on billboards. You seem to have plenty of heroes to pick for such a task

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:25 am

Anthony laughs. "Why not use the sword wielding ninja? It wouldn't mean anything if we had someone like Lex..Superstar giving the message. It will have much more weight from someone who has real experience with things. "