Altering Perceptions

The same roleplay rules of Celestial City apply here. You are IC in this section. When posting, make sure to use your character name at the beginning of your post/emote. Remember: Have fun!
DeuxBlackthorn

Altering Perceptions

Post by DeuxBlackthorn » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:22 am

[01:16] Random subway rider a man strides into the subway purposefully then looks down at his watch and sighs , he taps his foot and looks around , noticing a near by bench he starts towards it pausing only slightly as he notices the person there siting with another sigh he mutters to him self " ugh i hate waiting for the train"
[01:18] Perception lounges back in one of the subway station seats, seeming to be idly skimming a newspaper while waiting for her train, glancing over with a slight smile as the main moves towards her and strikes up conversation "Yeah, especially at the end of the day when you just wanna get home... you can grab a seat while ya wait"
[01:22] Random subway rider chuckles and sits pulling out his cell phone as he dos " thanks, and i know thats right.. after a hard days work i just wana get home and jump into my hobby , but no rain delays, street traffic an ..well worse" he pokes at his screen playing some nothing little phione game as he chats
[01:23] Perception nods slightly "Yeah... lot worse these days... you hear about the massacre at the protest the other night?" shuddering slightly as if in fear
[01:25] Random subway rider looks up from his phone and nods " you mean the st valentines eve massacre? who hasn't heard about it! bad businesses all around from what i've heard"
[01:27] Perception nods again "Yeah, I was on my way to that cafe when it went down... saw the whole thing. Those psycho metas just started slaughtering people without any provocation at all... scary shit seeing what they can do in person..." her power creeping out as she speaks, trying to stir up any fears this man might already have about metas
[01:29] Random subway rider pales and shifts nervously " i ..wow. i heard things you know i mean something like that plenty of people at the office were talking.. but they just attacked the people there for no reason thats well.. thats scary"
[01:31] Perception leans back a little and sighs heavily "Yeah, nothing but screams and the stench of burning people... it was horrible. I could only watch for a minute before the cruelty of it made me ill... they aren't people, they're monsters..."
[01:33] Random subway rider nods " well i mean there.. there not so bad right? a lot of them are protecting us" he says this hopefully a shiver running through his body" im sure some one showed up to stop them right?
[01:35] Perception shakes her head "No... more metas showed up, but they just sat there and watched... like it was a fucking movie or something. Surprised they didn't pull out some popcorn the way they were just lounging around and chatting" this time seizing on the doubt in the man's response, her power working to spread it and break apart his hopefulness that there might be some good ones
[01:39] Random subway rider looks down at his phone suddenly feeling very much afraid " oh god thats bad.. thats like really bad" he shoves the phone back into his pocket " they just watched? like it was a spectecal? like they were friking julius ceasr at the Colosseum?"
[01:42] Perception nods, letting a bit of anger creep into her features now as she pretends to recall these events "Exactly... just some bit of entertainment for them, not bothered in the least by the horror of it. They don't fight to protect people like us, they only care about themselves. They just pretend so we all let them keep walking all over us"
[01:46] Random subway rider nods his face growing dark with reflected emotion " ugh and we lwt them get away with so much to ! freking bastards,they can shoot fire from there hands read our minds and what? cuase of that we have to let them do what they want?! i wana stay home building modle trains all day but do i ? no cuase i have to work i have responsablitys"
[01:48] Perception nods and lowers her voice a little "And you know what's even worse? I heard a rumor through some people that a PAE guy leaked some info... that they're doing things to the food and water to try to turn our kids into metas... but more often they end up becoming those mutants you hear about in the sewers and wilderness..."
[01:51] Random subway rider his eyes widen " no... no not really? but i mean who would know? they have control of the food production ughh i just wana go home and hide under my blankets now"
[01:53] Perception shakes her head as she works to spread these new doubts "Hiding isn't gonna do anything. Even the government is in on it. That one meta mayor... Nightmare... why do you think she suddenly got all buddy with PAE after the election? The only way to protect ourselves is to spread the word and fight back"
[01:55] Random subway rider looks aways " fight back? i mean sure that sounds cool. but there metas.. what can we do? im sure most of them would just laugh if some joe shcmo like me stood up to them" he shrugs doubtfully though an angry light burns in his eyes
[01:57] Perception nods "On your own, yeah... but there are a lot of us... and rumor is there are some people providing gear for the protests now, weapons that can hurt metas if they try to stop us"
[01:59] Random subway rider his eyes widen and he looks around whispering " what? really? thats fucking crazy!" he covers his mouth " oh pardon the language but.. thats nuts! the citys not going to allow that" he leans back " but wow a weapon that can hurt a meta eh... thats just wow"
[02:01] Perception shrugs a little "Of course not... like I said, the government's in on it... they want the metas to lord it over us. Either we fix things ourselves, or we give in and live as their playthings, getting crushed into pulp every time one of them takes to long to say hi to another or some similarly dumb shit"
[02:05] Random subway rider nods thoughtfully and stands suddenly pacing back and forth " ugh your right, i mean... when your right your right, and your right" he looks down at his watch again " so .. some ones providing like guns? .. how might a umm upstanding citizen come across this some one"
[02:09] Perception smiles slightly "Just come back to the industrial zone here tomorrow night... head towards the warehouses and look for a man in all green. He'll get you set up with the right people... and don't forget to tell your friends the truth about what's going on. Everyone needs to know before it's too late"
[02:11] Random subway rider nods nervously " thank you.. thank you very much!! i will ill tell everyone" the train pulls up with a skreetch and the man runs to it " gota go.. but..thanks for this " he boards his train and is gone
[02:13] Perception chuckles a bit, then looks around the station, seeing most of the end of day crowd has cleared out now, so she gets up and heads out for home, her features fading into a blur in the minds of everyone that saw her as she goes, until no two people would give the same description