Power Level Examples

This section has rules, guides, and other helpful information about the sim
Diannah DeCuir

Power Level Examples

Post by Diannah DeCuir » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:54 am

Sometimes I get the question, "What is a 'street level' hero?" Here are examples of the levels:

Uber level heroes: Any gods (Thor, Hercules, Loki), Hulks, Supermen/women/girls/boys, Green/Yellow/Red/Mauve Lanterns, powerful magic users (Dr. Strange and Scarlet Witch), and Captain Marvel.

Street level heroes: Daredevil, Spider-man/Spider-woman/Spider-girl, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Batman and Robin.

If you aren't sure if your character is in one of these levels, feel free to ask me in SL or here. :)
"If you don't know where you're going, you might not get there."--Yogi Berra

BilliAnn Bravin

Re: Power Level Examples

Post by BilliAnn Bravin » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:07 am

Where would you place "mid-level" characters, such as, oh, Booster Gold or Hawk and Dove, or Cyborg or even Aquaman? I'd not put any of them in the same category as a god or Superman or a Lantern, but I'd think they'd all be higher than the ones listed as street level here, though I guess Booster could be questionable. (I'd think of Spider-Woman as more mid-level, too, myself, but I guess that's a matter of interpretation. :) ) Just curious about that gray area. :)
When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!

Mr. Strong
Site Admin

Post by Mr. Strong » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:06 am

These aren't really hard-line rules. I think there are charts for Marvel (official) that gives rankings for characters from The One Who Is Above All and Living Tribunal down to like... JJ Jameson. DC has similar charts, but I don't think they're official.

Or you can spend significant time on Battle Forums to come up with an idea of the pecking order.

Diannah DeCuir

Post by Diannah DeCuir » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:21 am

I won't speak for the DC characters (Strong can handle those), but Spider-Woman is actually a street level character.
"If you don't know where you're going, you might not get there."--Yogi Berra

Mr. Strong
Site Admin

Post by Mr. Strong » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:00 am

http://www.electricferret.com/forum/ind ... -rankings/

I do have a problem with where they placed Parallax (presuming they mean Hal Jordan in Zero Hour) and Spectre (Fully Powered). The Spectre can be the equal of the Anti-Monitor, as was Parallax/Hal Jordan. The Spectre's only real limits are The Divine Will, and the potential squeamishness of his Host (who restrains him from attempting things like annihilating ALL sinners, so that Michael Demiurgos doesn't have to constantly step in and stop him.)

If the Presence wants vengeance carried out, it will be. The problem is that DC sets him up as a Worf and for there to be random "because reasons" why he can't just handle situations. But fully powered, with the Divine Will not preventing him, he can handle anything short of Lucifer, Michael Demiurgos, or The Great Evil Beast.

Butterfly of Doom

Post by Butterfly of Doom » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:55 am

BilliAnn Bravin wrote:Where would you place "mid-level" characters, such as, oh, Booster Gold or Hawk and Dove, or Cyborg or even Aquaman? I'd not put any of them in the same category as a god or Superman or a Lantern, but I'd think they'd all be higher than the ones listed as street level here, though I guess Booster could be questionable. (I'd think of Spider-Woman as more mid-level, too, myself, but I guess that's a matter of interpretation. :) ) Just curious about that gray area. :)
And situational too. Aquaman would be uber near or underwater (especially with his trident), but on dry land he is still a bulletproof super strong who can see in the dark and is filthy rich
"What? How dare!... The nerve of... Ugh!"- Celeste
"Our enemy is never as evil as we imagine." - Katyusha
"Utterly' is my favorite way to destroy something." - Alecta
"Turn your wounds into wisdom" - Anna

Akumahime

Post by Akumahime » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:25 am

Marvel Superheroes Adventure game uses the following levels:
Normal person
Inexperienced
Experienced
Authority Figure
The Best anywhere
Cosmic Force

Mr. Strong
Site Admin

Post by Mr. Strong » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:26 am

Those would be for experience levels, but for power levels they used different adjectives that went from "Feeble" up to "Unearthly" and UnEarthly was 100 Tons. Then there were Shift X,Y,Z .. Class 1000, - 5000.

We use "Tons" for force projection, durability, and strength. Even with energy powers it's useful. IE: "My flame can burn any flamable object, and burn anyone that has <60 Tons of durability"

Hannah DuMont
Sim Admin

Post by Hannah DuMont » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:28 am

Not everyone uses tons. Some find it confusing, others are down right stupid with how much their tonnage is that they are tossing around.

Sig courtesy of dreamdumont

Akumahime

Post by Akumahime » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:26 am

Mr. Strong wrote:Those would be for experience levels, but for power levels they used different adjectives that went from "Feeble" up to "Unearthly" and UnEarthly was 100 Tons. Then there were Shift X,Y,Z .. Class 1000, - 5000.

We use "Tons" for force projection, durability, and strength. Even with energy powers it's useful. IE: "My flame can burn any flamable object, and burn anyone that has <60 Tons of durability"
Metric or Standard?

Mr. Strong
Site Admin

Post by Mr. Strong » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:31 am

US units, unless otherwise specified. All our Admins except 2 are Americans.

Akumahime

Post by Akumahime » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:14 pm

One of the best RPG's hadling of powerlevels was a homebrew called Powergame. the levels ranged from 0 (Handicaped) to 8 (Cosmic) and their charts pretty much summed up the effects of each level in terms of weight, speed, etc.

If you want to check it out for your own amusement or for examples: http://www.kotiposti.net/trmika/powergame/
I suggest using the 6.05 version which is the most recent.