Meet our admin team

This section has rules, guides, and other helpful information about the sim
Chyleste
Site Admin

Meet our admin team

Post by Chyleste » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:31 am

We have several admins here all working together to help make Celestial City the very best for all of us. Our admins are not here to lord their power over everyone. They are here to help and role play along side everyone as equals.
We have two categories of admins. The normal admins who have Celestial Admin as their group tag, and Celestial Coordinators which are admins that do a little more behind the scenes. Both titles of admins are here to help and enjoy the role play just like all of us.
Coordinators specialize in a facet of running the sim.

Diannah DeCuir is our main storyline coordinator. She plans, writes, and runs most of the big storyline events. If you have an idea for something to add to the story or if you would like to play a role in an event, contact Diannah.

Montyjack is our faction / team / criminal empires coordinator. If you would like to form a faction, contact Monty.

Jessika Pintens is our rp jobs coordinator. Contact her to help set your character up with a job in the role play.

Persephone is our housing coordinator. We allow your character to have a furnished home in the sim. Contact Perse and she will help you get a home.

Montyjack

Re: Meet our admin team

Post by Montyjack » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:58 am

@chyleste we should update this list.
"I can remember, standing by the wall. The guns, shot above our heads, and we kissed, as though nothing could fall. And the shame was on the other side. Oh we can beat them forever and ever. Then we could be heroes just for one day."

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:19 am

Once I find some more sucker--I mean wonderful people who want to help out as our treasured and beloved admins that I never yell at.

Hannah DuMont
Sim Admin

Post by Hannah DuMont » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:52 am

Chyleste wrote:Once I find some more sucker--I mean wonderful people who want to help out as our treasured and beloved admins that I never yell at.
Your sales pitch needs work I think.

Sig courtesy of dreamdumont

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:44 am

I said they are treasured and beloved.

Hannah DuMont
Sim Admin

Post by Hannah DuMont » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:02 am

*Sees the cheshire cat smile and the broken bloody admins motioning to run away.

Montyjack

Post by Montyjack » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:33 am

You're a great boss. Just not to the admins :) joke I joke!!
"I can remember, standing by the wall. The guns, shot above our heads, and we kissed, as though nothing could fall. And the shame was on the other side. Oh we can beat them forever and ever. Then we could be heroes just for one day."

Hannah DuMont
Sim Admin

Post by Hannah DuMont » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:08 pm

Seriously though, all the admins do a great job. Especially with that Star Wars event. You guys are all great.

Montyjack

Post by Montyjack » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:59 am

That's very nice of you to say so thank you Artica.

Mr. Strong
Site Admin

Post by Mr. Strong » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:33 am

I think that maybe we might create a separate topic for these, but :

Hello,

My name is Mr. Strong and I'm one of the Admins here. I've been roleplaying since I was 9 years old and I first played Marvel Super-Heroes over a friend's house. Thanks to that friend, I'm stuck with an interest in roleplaying and in comics, though mostly DC comics since I had to be different.

I've been doing online text-based RP since I was a teenager, anywhere from quick posts to semi-para, to AOLs A&E Section's standard 3-9 Full IM Box Mega-Para. I've played canon characters, moderated groups that were canon-based, made and played my own characters in a variety of stories, and moderated online forums. In none of those (no bullshit) have I had as much fun, or been as invested in the story, as I've been in this one.

I have a lot of fun RPing in Celestial City. I have a different kind of fun moderating, which I'd describe honestly as "a very satisfying headache" (which is sort of similar to how others might describe me.) Both are challenges, and in both I have the same goal... "To help people have the most fun possible telling the stories they want to tell."

Celestial City is a great place (the best, in my biased opinion) to tell Original Super-Hero/Villain stories with an erotic bent to them. How far that bent is, is up to the players who are telling these stories and playing these characters, obviously. A main appeal is the openness to play these things and not shy away from them, or have to fade-to-black on them, or have to TP off-sim to do those things. Making sure that appeal remains is one of my (our) top priorities. Without it, I can almost guarantee that we won't have some of (most of) our best players, and we won't be telling ANY stories.

(As an aside: This means you should never feel ashamed of whatever kind of erotic story you want to tell (as long as its within SL's rules). If you're shy, that's fine, you're allowed to be. Just bear in mind that playing erotically contributes to creating the environment wherein these things are recognized as normal (regardless of how 'kinky' they are), and thereby contributes to others feeling as comfortable as possible telling (again) the stories they want to tell.)

Reaching Me: I am usually available in the evenings (Eastern Time/USA). I'm also frequently logged in well into the AM. If I am not answering, I am AFK. Leave a message, I'll act on it when I return. I'm never intentionally ignoring anyone. If I'm at work, I'm comfortable conversing through the PM system on this site. I've used it to review and approve a few applications already. If there's a problem with unfair RP (Ie. I'm being godmoded. My attacks are being ignored. I'm being swarmed. This person is spamming actions. My actions are being ignored) I'm always willing to come in and be the GM/DM. (Provided I'm not in a scene, myself. If I am, send me a log and I'll do my best to make a decision on what's being disputed)

Montyjack

Post by Montyjack » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:52 pm

*Waves in a manly way*

I'm Monty. I have been RPing in one form or another since I was about 10. Mostly GMing. Around five years ago I was running a Republic Intelligence Guild on Star Wars the old Republic. A few years before that I was uttering Ic one-liners while playing City of Heroes. "Remember...fight dirty", "Keep your eyes off the codpiece and on your opponent", "I have healing hands", nothing epic, but good fun. You could say I've been around the RP block if you were so inclined.

Right now, I'm a Celestial City admin and handle factions. We have quite a few factions now and they are quite diverse. If you want undead love, Avengers style hit them where it hurts, demonic incursions, robot armies, or yield handcuffs and nightsticks, Celest has something for you. You can see full list of factions by following this link: http://www.celestialcity.org/viewforum.php?f=18 Most are looking for new players, so feel free to speak to people and get in on the act.

Although I've only RP'd in two sims, this one and Marvel, I can honestly say this is the best RP environment I have ever been involved with. At least online. Like Strong said it has something for everyone, and by and large the people are excellent. IMO.

I'm British, English, to be precise and as such my time zone is about 5 hours ahead of EST. (GMT time currently). If I'm not online you can use the messenger function on the forums, or simply IM me in game and I'll get back to you. It's that simple.

If you have any RP issues you need sorting or help with an app etc, I'm happy to help. OOC issues- that wart on an unmentionable place I really can't help with. And neither can any of the other admins for the record.

All the admins here are often swamped with requests of one kind or another and I am no different. If I don't answer straight away it is probably because I'm helping someone else. But be patient. I'll get to you as soon as I can.

Thanks for reading whoever you are!

Diannah DeCuir

Post by Diannah DeCuir » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:41 pm

Hi, I'm Diannah, and I hate introductions. They're like small talk, only smaller.

"Please tell us everything there is to know about you, but in a headline fashion."

So here's some basic RL stuff to know about me: I live in Georgia in the U.S., I am married with children, and I am probably older than you (almost 51 as I write this). I tend to live on European time (due to being up very early, to bed very early). Don't ask me for personal info, you won't get it. Don't ask me for a RL relationship, you won't get that either.

And now some SL stuff: I spend a lot of rp time with my SL partner Monty. That doesn't mean I won't rp with you, just don't knock yourself out trying to get rp time with me. Between Monty and admin stuff, that leaves just enough time for my next passion, running roleplay events! (Thank you for the kind words @Arctica !)

If you have a roleplay event idea, feel free to contact me. I can help you with it, all the way from brainstorming to actually running the event itself.

Is that enough? Can I go back to being me now? Thank you...*runs off*
"If you don't know where you're going, you might not get there."--Yogi Berra

Hannah DuMont
Sim Admin

Post by Hannah DuMont » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:48 pm

I am. Groot.

Montyjack

Post by Montyjack » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:51 pm

Arctica wrote:I am. Groot.
That's too funny!

Hannah DuMont
Sim Admin

Post by Hannah DuMont » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:01 am

Found frozen in a forgotten cavern, thawed and brought back. The world she had known growing up had changed drastically. Her once strong world had transformed into a world of paper. Every word spoken could cut and traumatize someone. She does not hold her tongue. If asked something she will give you a straight forward and honest answer or opinion. She is the admin known as The Ice Bitch.

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:52 am

Damn. It has been centuries since this was updated. I am going to unsticky and start a whole new thread for our current admins to give speeches.