Morality in Mysterious Times

Use this area to post your character's blog posts. Remember this is IC and all posts should be written from the point of view of your character.
Narelle Leia

Morality in Mysterious Times

Post by Narelle Leia »

Last night, I stole a phone from PAE. It's a lab, sort of. I was told they work on power and food supplies. It sounds well and good. But something weird is going on there. The staff is...odd. The data on the phone is unique, lots of hentai. I think that's what it's called. But whatever it is, it's depraved.

Yes, I know stealing is wrong and I can be arrested if they find it on me. But PAE is up to something and I want to know what it is.

I know phones can be tracked, so it's turned off right now and kept in a safe in the hospital. When I go to work, I'm going to sneak a few peeks at the emails and whatever files I can find. I'm tired of everyone having secrets. Of having ulterior motives or planning events that may change our lives here. I don't want much. I want to be free, to be happy and know the city is safe. Is that too much to ask?

Secrets. How funny it is that I complain about them. I have one. A big one: I hide meta powers so I can work in an everyday job. I have to be careful, so careful as not to reveal my powers. I can't let anyone know who I am or what I can do. I wish there was someone I could talk to. I guess I'll go to the library, or even better, the stored archives of heroics and failures: The comic shop.
DiamondPhoenix1

Re: Morality in Mysterious Times

Post by DiamondPhoenix1 »

Ashley Phoenix sits in her office, her heaving breasts supported by her desk, trying to get a handle on the personally disastrous and ego shattering incident at the VIPers Ball.

She continues to find herself coming to one conclusion about the perpetrator: It must have been the jealous poor girl that works at the hospital.

1. Narelle had means, she tells herself, imagining her stealing some kind of breast enlargement medicine from the filing cabinet at the hospital where she works.
2. She had motive, she rewinds and replays how the Narelle was so quick to the leave the room after Ashley made one minor comment about her, 'people like that with no sense of class and opportunity always want to hurt their betters', she thinks.
3. She had opportunity. She remembers seeing out of the corner of her eye that the girl was distracting her security guard with her wiles just before it happened. With her new guard thinking about getting some cheap nurse aid into bed, who knows what tricks she could have slipped past him to do what she clearly did.

After running it over too many times to count, Ashley presses the button on the intercom, "Get me Remnant, I have a job for him..."
"Wait ... is this going to show up on everything I write?"