Arctic Chill

Use this area to post your character's blog posts. Remember this is IC and all posts should be written from the point of view of your character.
Hannah DuMont
Sim Admin

Arctic Chill

Post by Hannah DuMont » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:43 pm

I remember when I was a child. My friends and I would gloat over our training, how we would be the greatest of the protectors. The cities and villages far and wide would know our names. We would be the hope to all those who lost theirs. We thought it would be a glorious life. The role models for the children to look up to. We never realized that playing the protector and being the protector were two different things. All we focused on was our training and our dream. Growing stronger, pushing each other as we grew older and grew closer as the years passed.

We had made it. After years of rough training and mastering our techniques, we had finally made it to the top of the rankings. We would be granted status as protectors of the village. We went out and celebrated as the first part of our childhood dream came true. We couldn't help but laugh and smile wide, proudly displaying our tattoo that proclaimed to the world who we were. We played a full speed game of tag utilizing the flash step 'You have gotten faster than Master even" one of my friends said looking at me smiling. I couldn't help but smirk in pride as I declared myself to be the fastest in all the lands. Still the arrogant child, just had a bigger playground now. We ran around the city for hours not a care in the world. We were now the cities great Protectors. We were their hope. We, were its destruction.

Sig courtesy of dreamdumont

Hannah DuMont
Sim Admin

Re: Arctic Chill

Post by Hannah DuMont » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:44 am

I awoke not in the best of states. There was a pounding on my door, and in my head. 'Wake up Yuki, we're gonna be late and you know how master gets," I heard from the other side of my door. "Yes, yes I'm coming," I grumbled getting dressed. I opened the door and there was my friend looking just as bad as me. "Well don't we look the pair," she smirked at me. "Shut up and let's go," I grumbled. We both disappeared taking to the roof tops, heading towards our masters school. The pace and the smell of the village blurring by woke me better than anything. I loved to run through the village and treetops, nothing brought a smile to my face faster. We both landed at the front of the school, and exchanged looks as we darted to the doors hoping master wouldn't be too harsh on us.

No sooner had we opened the doors we were sent flying back with a kick that launched us towards the pond. "YOU ARE LATE!" we heard our master yell as we landed in the water. I resurfaced with a groan "I am sorry master, I was preoccupied," I said while drying myself off. "Preoccupied huh? So you were partying all night and hung over from your celebration then," he smiled in that annoying knowing way. He always did seem to know exactly what I was doing every time. I sighed, seeing no point in saying other wise "One day you will teach me how you do that," I say standing there as my friend dried herself off. He just smiled "Ah you will find master knows all," he grinned in his playful manner. I laughed "Master knows all, yet can never seem to tell when Ms Yagami is near by." I watched as he immediately looked scared and paranoid "That crazy woman does not understand the word no!" He mutters something about one night and never drinking again as my friend and I started giggling. "I think you two make a cute couple" I smiled and immediately reacted blocking the kick aimed my way. I was immediately stopped in my tracks seeing my master with such a scary face "Do not speak such horrors my child," he seemed to hiss out, as all I could do was nod quickly too terrified to do much else. He smiled and then laughed "Good, now then shall we begin the training of your precognitive senses, or are you two wishing to go swimming again?" I looked at my friend and we both nodded "Yes master, we are ready." We couldn't see the smirk on masters face at the time, "Good, I enjoy this part." he turned to us with a mischievous grin which immediately made us both wish we had answered differently.

Hannah DuMont
Sim Admin

Post by Hannah DuMont » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:57 pm

"Yuki, are you ok?" I hear Suki's voice as I opened my eyes. "Oh look, you finally got the afterimage technique figured out!" I exclaim seeing multiples of her. Suki smacked me on the back of the head, "Ok, now there is only one again." I state, rubbing my head and looking around. "Where did Master go and how long was I out?" I ask as I pick myself up feeling the soreness from the beating er...training from Master. "Yuki, how is it you can beat me in everything else, but the precognition training you just can't seem to get?" my friend asks me smiling wide. "Oh shut up, I can't seem to get any image no matter how I focus and extend my senses." I groan as I am suddenly pushed to the floor, turning my head I see Suki avoiding a blow from Master. "Oh come on!" I yell getting annoyed that she is able to predict blows with such ease. She just smiles with a friendly laugh "So does this mean I am now finally faster than the great Yuki?" I groan and drop back down on the floor exhausted "No, it just means you are better at dodging" not wanting to think about not being fastest anymore. "Which means that she will stay alive much longer than you. You still rely too much on your senses. I know how to fix that." My master speaks giving me another one of his smiles. I turn to Suki giving her a "help me" look, and she only shrugs as if to say "have fun." I sighed in defeat "Fine master, what will we do now?" I ask dreading whatever beating er...training, I was certain would come. "Follow me young one" master laughed gesturing me to follow "Suki, you keep up the training I showed you" he said walking away . "Why not, I've lived a good life" I mutter as I follow master and wave bye to Suki.

We arrive at a clearing, I looked around...it didn't change. "It appears to be a clearing" I state to master, expecting some kind of mystic sacred training area. "Well of course it is, ah but not just any clearing. You see when the sun sets the night sky glitters with stars." I just stared trying not to lose it "You mean like any place in the village?"He looks at me smiling "I assumed you were stating what was obvious so I was merely do the same." He mimics my voice to the best of his ability "It looks like a clearing" he laughs "Surely you didn't think I was one of those mystic monks with magical training grounds or something. Now let us get to your training Yuki" he begins digging in his bag. "No, I didn't think that, that would be silly." I state crossing my arms trying to hide my aggravation and disappointment. "I was just.." master had tied a blindfold around my head. "What are you doing master?" He merely tightened the blindfold "There, now you will no longer rely on those eyes of yours. This should help you focus your senses more. "You know you could of.." I suddenly felt the unmistakeable shape of masters foot on the side of my head and the sensation of flying as I crash to the ground with a groan. "I WASN"T READY!" I yelled getting back to my feet. " I hear master laugh which gave me a general idea of his location this time. "Had that been aimed to kill then you would be dead. I said this was training, that should have told you to be ready at all times Yuki." I get into ready stance as I try to extend my senses focusing my spiritual energy upon my opponent. I duck my head hearing the missed blow as I raise both arms in excitement "I did it!" I yell before feeling an impact sending me flying again. "Can you tell me why if you did it, you did not avoid the second blow?" I hear masters voice telling me that he is probably standing over me. "I thought I had it." I groan picking myself up again. Master was shaking his head "You merely heard me, you must stop focusing on your senses Yuki. Extend your spirit and let it guide you." Master inserted wax plugs in my ears and retied the blindfold as he patted my shoulder telling me to start. I got into stance and focused my spirit outwards once again as I was once again sent flying by masters kick. "This is going to be a longday." I groaned lifting myself again. "I will do this, I have too much to protect in this village not to. I swear by thisclan tattoo I wear with pride on my arms, I will do this." I strike my stance and extend my spirit again, "I can do this."

Hannah DuMont
Sim Admin

Post by Hannah DuMont » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:15 pm

"Yuki! Yuki wake up" I hear Suki's voice calling distantly. I groan as I open my eyes and look around noticing Im back in my home. "Did I do it?" Suki just laughs helping me up. "Master really kicked your ass, I think he enjoyed it judging by his smile." I groan slowly getting to my feet just as there is a pounding on the door. "Shut up and answer the door Suki." Suki just smirks annoyingly before opening it revealing our Master looking distraught. "You have to hide me, that crazy hag is after me again he says pleading with us.

Suki and I look at each other seeing a glorious opportunity we could not possibly pass up. "Sure Master" we smile sweetly "But in exchange you must finally take us to the City of Souls, we want to see the swords." Our Master immediately starightened up all fear gone "Never, you two are far to inexperienced and not even close to prepared to face such trials." Suki and I looked defeated but would not be stopped "We are both ready Master, we have learned all the arts and are now finally ready to face the next step." I smile seeing Miss Yagami out the window "OH MISS YAGAMI" I yell with a smile just to find myself quickly silenced by Masters hand over my mouth with a pleading look. Suki speaks for me "Then take us to the City" Master looks torn and fearful but nods clearly not wishing to "Fine, but you will NOT undergo the trials. This will be a sightseeing tour only. Am I clearly understood?" We both nod excitedly as he releases me.

Just them Miss Yagami knocks on the door and Suki shoves Master into the closet as I answer "Yes, who is it?" Miss Yagami answered "Yuki have you seen that delicious piece of manmeat that is your sensei around?" I cringe at the name but answer "Sorry Miss Yagami, Suki and I just finished training and I am pretty sure Master went off to another village, something about a debt at a brothel." Suki breaks into a vicious smile "Yes, something about him having to dance for a debt over in the next village." I try my best to keep a straight face as I hear Miss Yagami's giggles "Oh dear I must go see this show for myself then, I had no idea he would dance for money. I may just offer to buy a private one to see that delectable man mountain." Suki and I blanch at that as Miss Yagami runs off.

Opening the closet we find ourselves launched through the door by one of Masters kicks as he yells at us "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?" I groan on the floor looking to Suki who is in the same position but with a huge grin. "You just had to prank him didnt you? He is going to kill us." I turn to Suki to see the smile get wider as she answers "Worth it"