Evie's Diary

Use this area to post your character's blog posts. Remember this is IC and all posts should be written from the point of view of your character.
Evie Oxwyrth

Evie's Diary

Post by Evie Oxwyrth » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:29 am

This diary is proprty of Evie Oxwyrth.

If found, please return it the XXXcelsior, care of Lady N, Reinheit, Mal, Anna-Kate, or Tifa.

Oh, or Evie if she is there. That's me.

Actually, please don't give it to Mal, because I don't want him to read it. Not that I think he would, but it might be awkward anyway because, well, it just would.

Also, please don't give it to Reinheit or he might lose it. He has been distracted as of late. I don't know why.

If Evie is not there, please put this diary in the care of Lady N or Tifa or Anna-Kate if Anna-Kate does not seem like she is too angry at the time. Thank you.

Evie Oxwyrth

Re: Evie's Diary

Post by Evie Oxwyrth » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:37 am

Dear Diary,

I will try to update you as often as I can, because I think it will keep my thoughts straight in this crazy place as I don't really have anyone else in this place to talk to. Everyone here is nice enough, and it isn't that they don't offer their time to listen to me, but I think sometimes, they don't understand me. And a whole lot of the time, I don't understand them.

Lady N, for instance, with all her science and gadgets I never heard of. She is so smart, it is incredible, and most of the time when she talks, it goes way over my head. But more about Lady N later.

I think most of the people here, even though they are my friends, and I care about them.. surprisingly much in as short of a time as I've been here... and even though they are nice to me... most of them... even though all of that, I often think they think I am stupid and uneducated just because I don't know what they know or because I am slow to understand.

They think, for instance, that I don't even know how babies are made or how a female gets pregnant. They think this because, when a strange alien who had already said she wanted to mate with me and repopulate her race groped my head without permission... actually entering it somehow... they think I don't know how babies are made just because I was just a little bit concerned that it may have laid eggs in my head, impregnating me with them.

I assure you, Diary, that I very much know how humans get pregnant... normally. When they are getting pregnant from other humans. But this is aliens we're talking about. They're aliens. They do things alien. How am I supposed to know they don't reproduce by laying eggs in their hosts' heads? For that matter, how can even Lady N know that? They're alien.

If I never see an alien again, it will be too soon. Except for Tifa. Tifa is different and I like her even though she is an alien. I think there must be two kinds of aliens. It is sad that Tifa may be the last of her kind of alien. But more about Tifa later.

I have to admit, I feel overwhelmed here when I try to keep up with current events and what everyone is saying. I don't understand the half of it.
Last edited by Evie Oxwyrth on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Evie Oxwyrth

Post by Evie Oxwyrth » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:39 am

Dear Diary,

I came to Celestial City because I sort of wanted a new start, and boy did I get it. Things aren't anything at all here like I thought the universe was like. I realize now what a sheltered life I had growing up in the lunar dormitories. Where I came from, we had books and video programs full of imaginary stuff about metahumans and aliens and ghosts and magic and all that, but I never thought for an instant that any of those things could be real.

It turns out, that all the things descried in the books and video programs, weren't even close to what Celestial City is like.

I should tell you, Diary, about just my first few nights here and the amazing things I saw. Battles between metahumans and monsters. Technology and magic so advanced that I don't know yet how I will be able to describe it to you.

But first, my Diary, I want to tell you about my friends. And I will.

Starting next time.
Last edited by Evie Oxwyrth on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Evie Oxwyrth

Lady Nightmare

Post by Evie Oxwyrth » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:04 am

Dear Diary,

Let me tell you about one of the first people I met when I came to this unbelievably city. You're gonna think I'm crazy when I tell you, but I swear, it's all true.

I met her when I went into this place called the XXXcelsior looking for a job. Things were looking grim. I was in a new city, homeless, with no money. I thought I'd be able to pick up a job waitressing really easy in this town, but so far at all of the restaurants I tried, I hadn't so much as been able to get so much as a meeting with any of the managers. Finally, I stepped into the XXXcelsior, a smallish, sort of modest looking place, that advertised outside, "Girls, Girls, Girls," and "Live Nudes."

I know, right!

Anyway, it definitely didn't look like the type of place for me. I almost turned and walked out of there when I heard this lady talking to some other lady about finding a job, so, you know, I was like all ears, right. It turned out it was no other than Miss Anna-Kate that was giving the other lady advice on where to look for work, but I'll tell you more about Miss Anna-Kate later. So, anyways, Miss Anna Kate is tellin' this other lady where to find work -- she ain't interested in workin' there at the club for some reason -- and I mention I am looking for some waitressing work since this Miss Anna-Kate says they might be looking for a new waitress right there at the club and sets me off to sit with the owner of the club -- you guessed it, Lady N.

Lady N has been very generous to me, Diary, and I can't tell you how grateful I am to her. She not only hired me on, but she is letting me stay in one of the backrooms in the club, until I have saved up enough money to get my own apartment. And that's not even the most generous things she's done for me, believe me. But when I tell you about the rest later, you're gonna shit yourself, Diary.

First, let me tell you. Lady N is probably the most awesomest, incredible lady I've ever met. She doesn't just own the XXXcelsior, but like three other businesses in the city too, and the others aren't like clubs or restaurants. I think one of 'em is some important, like research or medical, place and the others... well, Diary... to be honest, I couldn't really understand what they did. It all sounded really you know, high tech and way over my head, and at that point in the interview I was just trying to concentrate on hoping my stomach wouldn't growl too loud.

She's also a member of the City Council, and really, I think she should run for mayor. I think there's gonna be an election soon and if elections here work like I think they do, I'm gonna write her name in for sure.

But I haven't even gotten to the really interesting part yet. You see, Lady N is -- no shit -- a real live metahuman. Well, sort of I guess. She says she is not exactly a metahuman, but I think she is just being modest.

She's got this really powerful mind, and I don't just mean to be able to do all the things I've told you about. You're gonna think I'm crazy when I tell you this, Diary, but I swear it is the truth. Lady N can move things about without touching them with just the power of her brain! Just like in those sci-fi video-programs.

No, really! It's true! I saw her, that night. She waved a pen around in the air in front of me, making it move up and down, and spin around! I thought I was losing my marbles. I think she got the pen from Reinheit, who I'll tell you about later, but believe me. It was a real pen, just a normal pen -- not a trick pen -- not a pen made to fly about on it's own. Just a normal pen like the one I'm using to write in you now!

Hmmm.... now that I am looking at the pen I am using to write in you now, I'm thinking this might be the same pen. I wonder how I got it. I'll have to remember to return it to her.

But anyways, that isn't all. I know you already think I'm crazy... prolly starved from lack of food or something... but get this... Lady N can fly! I seen her do it! Really! She didn't fly like real high, but when she and these other metahumans were like ighting these other creatures that come up out of the graveyard, she stayed up in the air the whole time, just high enough to keep herself out of trouble mostly while she really wailed on those bastards. No, really! I wouldn't be writin' it if it weren't true. Lady N can fly AND move things with the power of her mind... tele-calesthenics I think they called it in the sci-fi video programs. See? I'm smart. I can use big words too.

But Lady N would be amazing even if she couldn't do tele-calesthenics. She said when she came to Celestial, she was homelss and didn't have any money or anything, just like me! Which gives me some hope maybe I can be like her one day too.

Lady N is really good at leading people. She has this commanding voice that just makes you want to do anything she says. And she's really really smart, so not only do people listen to her because she knows how to lead them, but because she knows exactly what she's talking about. And most important, she's a really really good person who always does the right thing.

I don't think there's nothing in the whole wide universe that Lady N could ever ask or tell me to do that I wouldn't do immediately and be happy and grateful to her for depending on me to do it.

Evie Oxwyrth

Post by Evie Oxwyrth » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:51 pm

Dear Diary,

One of my bestest friends that I've met here is named Tifa. I told you before that she was an alien, whether you believe me or not. But she isn't the bad kind of alien that wants to lay eggs in your brain or put probes inside you to measure how much ruffage you're getting. Tifa is really nice, even if she does think she is the last of her kind. She is from the planet Muse, and I guess something bad happened to it, but I don't know exactly what.

Tifa is really pretty, especially her ears which are about the cutest ears I've ever seen. To look at her, you'd think she was human, except for her ears, which is really strange considering how well her ears suit her. You wouldn't look at Tifa and say, "Oh, no! Look at those ears! She's an alien." The ears suit her human looks so well that you might just overlook them. Well, I did. I think I knew her and had been talking to her for the better part of a week before I decided it wasn't just that her ears were extraordinarily cute, but that she wasn't human.

I think I told her I would like to taste her ears, one night when I had celebrated a little too much and got drunk. Either that or I only imagined telling her that. I'm not sure. She hasn't mentioned it and I'm not going to bring it up. Tifa had almost died that evening defending the city when monsters attacked from the graveyard, and the fact that she didn't... and no one else did that was fighting the monsters either... is why we were celebrating.

She was hurt real bad though, and I worry about her. From what I understand, she was drained real bad of whatever it is that gives her her powers. She tries to pretend she is strong, and has enough of her powers back to help out the rest of us with things that need to be done, but I know she is not. One of the advantages you have when everyone thinks you are stupid is that they usually don't have their guards up as high when you are the only one around. I don't even know if Lady N realizes how weak Tifa is when she uses Tifa, but I am not sure Lady N would take my concerns seriously if I talked to her about it, and I am sure that Tifa would not appreciate my interference in any case.

I hope that whatever Lady N is involved in, for which she keeps borrowing Tifa's powers, is over soon and Tifa can get the time she needs to heal. Or recharge. Or whatever it is she does to become strong again.

I also wish there was something I could do to make Tifa happier. There is a sadness or loneliness in her that has nothing to do with her lack of magical energy or whatever that she is experiencing at the moment. Maybe Mal can help. Maybe not. It would be awesome if the two of them could get together; I think they would be a beautiful couple. And I don't really know if this is true, or why I think it is true, but I bet if the two of them some how found love together and shared it, it would help Tifa with her ability to recharge.

What do you think, Diary? Maybe there is some way I can help get Tifa and Mal together. Yes! That is what I will do. Yes yes yes!

That's all for now, Diary. I need time to think.

Evie Oxwyrth

Reinheit

Post by Evie Oxwyrth » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:52 pm

Dear Diary,

One of my favorites of Lady N's employees is the bartender at the XXXcelsior, Rein.

He has long red hair, strong muscles, and is fairly handsome. I think there is something wrong with one of his eyes though. I don't know about his eyesight, but it sometimes seems like one of his eyes is glowing, lighting up his whole face and reflecting strangely in his good eye. Even when it isn't glowing, it still doesn't quite match his normal eye. I don't know what it means; I've never seen anything like it. I should ask him sometime, but I haven't yet found the words. "Hey, why is your eye all fucked up?"

Rein pours the best drinks and makes the best burgers of anyone I know. Even better than me. Like all of Lady N's employees, he is fiercely loyal to Lady N. He has been distracted lately though. And I think some of the others are picking on him for some reason I don't understand. I hear them whisper about him behind his back or partially overhear them issue threats. I try not to get involved. They seem especially mean to him sometimes after they come back from doing some of their superhero things, where I look away for a moment to do my chores and all of a sudden everyone hustles out of the club to go fight monsters, natural disasters, or often enough, themselves. I don't understand that either. Metahumans are metahumans, I guess, and that's just what metahumans do.

I don't know what I'd do without Rein there at the club with me. To me, he's a really great friend, and he seems to care about everyone else at the club too, including our customers. It's not like nobody cares about him, I think we all do, it's just like one minute they are being nice to Rein, and the next minute they seem angry with him for no reason.

I think Rein lost someone, a girlfriend or wife or something, a while back. I don't know the details, but I think maybe she has something to do with everyone's behavior toward Rein. Maybe Rein's girlfriend was someone they all cared about too and maybe Rein was responsible somehow for her loss. Maybe they all are having as hard a time dealing with her loss as Rein himself is, although for his part, Rein can't seem to remember her, which probably makes everything worse. About the only one who works at the club besides myself who doesn't seem to turn against Rein sometimes is Lady N herself. I am sure that she sees Rein's talent, faithfulness, and love for everyone there and I know she values it highly.

Evie Oxwyrth

Devushka

Post by Evie Oxwyrth » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:52 pm

Dear Diary,

This one I have to admit to you, My Diary, really intimidates me.

She is without a doubt though, one of the most interesting people, if I can say people, I've met here in the City, though I can't quite call her a friend. I call her "she" because she seems more like a "she" than an "it" even though she is really just a machine. She is sentient, and obviously very intelligent, but not in any way at all like the cold, relentless logic of the sentient machines that ran things where I grew up. She doesn't act like a machine at all, other than a slightly strange way of walking and a slight mechanical twang to her voice. She looks more like a some sort of cross between a rabbit and a human, with the cutest life-like ears I've ever seen, except for maybe Sparks' ears, or of course, Tifa's. She has really really big boobs, for a rabbit or a machine or even a human, and unless they serve some purpose, like maybe battery packs or something, I can't really understand why someone would design her that way unless they were perverted or perhaps the rabbit-droid was supposed to be some sort of sex-bot.

I had no clue when I first met her that she was a machine at all, and I'm a highly intuitive person who can't be fooled very often. It was just after a bunch of really scar
y and big monsters had attacked the city, seeming to rise out of the graveyard. In fact, it was the same night I met Headshot. The heroes of the city had all banded together to finally defeat the evil things as they kept rising out of the graveyard and it finally seemed things were safe, when another monster started stomping down t
he street. Well, okay, Diary, since you seem to already know so much about it, it wasn't actually stomping, but it looked like if it wanted to stomp it sure could and would
do some major damage. Many of the other heroes were busy with cleanup, treating the wounded, or treating themselves, and Headshot and I were standing guard. Okay, Headshot was standing guard. It turns out, this thing, looking very much like a mechanical version of the things we had just fought in the cemetery, is some sort of sentient being too. I think. That's what the rabbit-droid says.

The rabbit-droid was apparently a friend of this other metal monstrosity and Headshot and the rabbit-droid argues over whether or not the monstrous thing should be allowed to stomp freely about the city and things got pretty heated. That's when I stepped in to cool things down, since I am normally a cool and articulate talker and can normally make even the craziest people see reason.

But I admit, My Diary, that something about this rabbit bested me. Maybe it was because even then, without knowing, I sensed within the focused, burning logic of a machine, or maybe it was the wonderfully ridiculous and beautiful accent that someone had programmed in to the droid, but I found myself in an uncommon condition, My Diary. I was speechless. I knew Headshot was in the right, if I could just make the rabbit see it, although I could certainly see the rabbit-droid had some valid points too. Part of me was just too amazed and delighted at the creature though; I wanted to just laugh or die or slap it or something. It shouldn't be discounted either that I had just taken part in the graveyard battle to save the city and was instrumental in the victory; I was therefore very tired as the extra adrenaline within me finally started to go away. Finally, however, I did manage to succeed as ambassador between the courageous, valiant Headshot, and the headstrong droid, and Headshot, impressed both with my skill in battle and at the negotiating table, took me on our first patrol that night.

It wasn't until much later — like maybe a week? — hat I found out the rabbit was purely mechanical while talking with her at the XXXcelsior on a night I don't think I was workin'. She let me feel her ears, which even felt real. I still don't know who made the rabbit or why, or why the rabbit's intelligence is so different from that of any other machine I've known, but when I find out, My Diary, I will let you know. For now, I can't even remember the rabbit's name, though I am sure I remember hearing it spoken many times by someone. I hope it doesn't just turn out though that she is some kind of glorified or experimental or broken fuck-bot.