Vote Sir Jerry: He has your Back!

Everything you need to know about the elections in Celestial City
Montyjack

Vote Sir Jerry: He has your Back!

Post by Montyjack » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:54 am

vote sja.jpg
Friends. Today I stand before you asking for your faith and your backing to lead this city to more prosperous times. We have been thrown together by the most horrific act of genocide in the history of not just our world, but millions of worlds. Shiva’s deplorable actions gave us all cause to grieve, and even once here we lived in fear and terror. She took our loved ones over the mountain and they were never seen again. She had the capability to destroy us all. A capability that myself, and several other brave metahumans took away from her.

Today, however, is not about the past. We are where we are, we have all adjusted and accepted the Old World is dead. The End has happened and when I look out over the city I feel a sense of pride that we have adjusted to this new life so well. Despite the pressures that city life brings.

So what will life be like should I be elected, well here is what I would bring in if you, the good people of Celestial City elect me.

Sir Jerry’s Policies at a Glance
Protection: This city faces threats from aliens, demonic incursions, organised crime, creatures from beyond the mountains, the list goes on. I formed the Guardians to protect us from these threats. I integrated them with the police to make the protection you deserve that much better. The metahumans selected for the Guardians were some of the finest heroes I have ever seen. They were selected for their judgement and moral character as much as anything else.

A vote for me will continue this trend. Friends, I have your back!

Prosperity: If we are to live here we all must prosper. Not just in a way of accumulating wealth, but in our knowledge, in our sense of purpose. We can’t live as we were in the Old World. We must think about our lives in a different way. We must try and make our situation an opportunity.

As such, a vote for me will result in an emphasis on education and organisation. Not just our young, but for all of us. New skills, and new thinking. Collective minds to help us overcome challenges. The things we so vitally lacked in the Old World where everything became about how much cash you had in the bank.

We will form organisations that will address our pressing issues and look for solutions. In our new world we should move forward together.

Safe Haven: Celestial City seems to be one of the few places left in the universe where not just humans but others can exist. Where we can we must welcome survivors and set up welcome centres to help people integrate into the city. Providing of course that they are not a threat.

Trial by Jury: One of the first things I did, was to ensure that the prisoners who were held without trial were released. The impetuousness of this was pointed out to me by a prominent attorney and we revised the policy to a case by case basis. I listen to wise heads when I should. Just ask my wife!

So, a vote for me will be a vote for justice. No person will be punished without a fair trial by jury.

Vote Sir Jerry on Election Day, he has your back!
"I can remember, standing by the wall. The guns, shot above our heads, and we kissed, as though nothing could fall. And the shame was on the other side. Oh we can beat them forever and ever. Then we could be heroes just for one day."