How to Vote

Everything you need to know about the elections in Celestial City
Montyjack

How to Vote

Post by Montyjack » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:30 pm

This is how you vote for the candidate you want to win the election:

Create a notecard for your character

State clearly who you want to vote for and why - This should be in character. Without a sound in character reason your vote will not be counted.

Send this notecard to Chyleste for counting

You should do one per character, if your character would have an interest in politics.

Your candidates are

Jezebel Weaver

Hillary Heath

Captain Strong

Sir Jerry

If you don't vote you can't complain.
"I can remember, standing by the wall. The guns, shot above our heads, and we kissed, as though nothing could fall. And the shame was on the other side. Oh we can beat them forever and ever. Then we could be heroes just for one day."

Diannah DeCuir

Re: How to Vote

Post by Diannah DeCuir » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:36 am

I can too complain! George Carlin said so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIraCchPDhk
"If you don't know where you're going, you might not get there."--Yogi Berra

Montyjack

Post by Montyjack » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:43 am

Diannah DeCuir wrote:I can too complain! George Carlin said so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIraCchPDhk
I got it so wrong!
"I can remember, standing by the wall. The guns, shot above our heads, and we kissed, as though nothing could fall. And the shame was on the other side. Oh we can beat them forever and ever. Then we could be heroes just for one day."

BilliAnn Bravin

Post by BilliAnn Bravin » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:52 am

Now that the election's over, would it be possible to get a breakdown of the votes per candidate? Just to see how much of the population actually voted for each candidate. This would give a better gauge of how much support in the city the winner actually has. I'm assuming from what I've heard about how close it was, and given there were four candidates in the race, that the win was by a plurality and not a majority, which might make things a little shakier for the government. And might open up some ideas for RP. (Besides feeding curiosity . . .)

If it's actually been posted elsewhere and I've not just located it yet, perhaps a link here, as this is where I expected to find it. Thanks! :)
When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!

Montyjack

Post by Montyjack » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:02 am

I don't know what the breakdown was, but it was effectively a two horse race between Weaver and Strong. With the former winning by one vote.