Meeting Minutes 19/02/2016

Montyjack

Meeting Minutes 19/02/2016

Post by Montyjack » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:37 pm

[15:09] Sir Jerry despite not having an appointment he is pleased to hear form All-Star? War? He watched the press conference on television and wonders if War's offer of protection still stands. "Send her up" he tells the receptionist
[15:11] Karen King (All-Star) steps from the elevator, and gives a short wave. "Hey Jerry. You know, one of these days I really need to get me one of those cars to get up here on my own." she tells, heading towards him. "I think I'm rather early, aren't I?"
[15:12] Sir Jerry he stands up to greet her. "You are but that's not necessarily a bad thing. How are you?" he looks pleased to see her. He subtly probes her mind trying to determine who she is.
[15:15] Karen King (All-Star) hasn't changed her mind from when she was War even a single bit, it seems. Yet, even as War, he could not notice a change in her mind, since she wasn't posessed or mind-controlled. "Quite fine, thank you." she tells, and pushes her goggles up, before pulling the mask down.
[15:16] Cyberlord entered the office, without his costume on for once as he was presently thinking of potential better looks for it. "Hello all."
[15:17] Sir Jerry nods to Cyberlord, relieved he doesn't seem to be armed
[15:19] Montyjack: "Please, both of you take a seat." he smiles and is glad she isn't 'different' from when she was here as 'War'. He takes a seat. "I see you didn't follow my advice about the secret identity" he looks a bit disappointed
[15:19] Sir Jerry "Please, both of you take a seat." he smiles and is glad she isn't 'different' from when she was here as 'War'. He takes a seat. "I see you didn't follow my advice about the secret identity" he looks a bit disappointed
[15:21] Karen King (All-Star) looks over to Jerry, before she sits down. "The last thing I needed from the whole false apocalypse disaster was even more people not trusting me. I had to give them some reason, see?"
[15:21] Cyberlord took a seat, but was tinkering with something.
[
[15:25] Sir Jerry "Yes but your identity? In my world that was a lot of heroes most closely guarded secret. So, I need to ask. Are you still wanting this satellite to be constructed? You were adamant last time when you had the whole Che Guevara thing going on" he smiles
[15:28] Karen King (All-Star) nods. "I do, more than ever. I got the Strongs off Cyberlords back and actually had my PR agent take on a bit of reputation work for him, for this reason. You've seen the billboard in the city, I guess?"
[15:31] Sir Jerry nods. "Yes it was fine work." Thinks. "We are trying to create a feel good factor around Cyberlord, perhaps we could do the same for you? Have you seen Celestial Stargazing?"
[15:31] Cyberlord thought about what was saying. "You know, me using guns probably doesn't help with my reputation all that much, to be fair."
[15:33] Karen King (All-Star) raises an eyebrow. "Waaaaait a second... You think 'I' need help with my reputation? I will remind you, even with all this nasty business last week, that I am still this cities most famous Heroine face. I think I'm doing fine, really. And, yeah... I've seen Lexus and her show. But, I think it's a little low-profile."
[15:36] Sir Jerry "I don't know if you've ever read A Week in Celestial City, I don't care for it much, but they cite the four horseman as causing more deaths than Shiva. I think if people don't see you as...a nice friendly heroine we could have a problem. The Strongs may not be the brightest, but they are determined. Just consider doing an interview. It's all I ask." He looks between them and then focuses on All-Star. "What's next for you my dear? Now this horseman business seems to be done."
[15:38] Cyberlord says to them. "Excuse me for a moment, some business downstairs needs my attention."
[15:40] Karen King (All-Star) leans back a bit. "I'll check on that. And, well, yeah, I think we did cause more deaths. But, I don't really have the reputation to be the soft kind of girl, see? I did shoot and blow up people before. Granted, those were the bad guys, but still. Nobody is going to believe that I suddenly refrain from dropping a grenade into some rapists pants. As for my plans, well... Until the real apocalypse comes, I'm around to make sure nobody else destroys this world, just like before."
[15:45] Sir Jerry "I see. So same old All-Star business as usual? I for one am pleased about that. Have you spoken to any Guardians?" he looks
[15:45] Karen King (All-Star) nods slightly. "To Electrica, actually. Right in this here office."
[15:46] Sir Jerry "How as she, did she zap you?" he smiles
[15:48] Karen King (All-Star) blinks and raises an eyebrow. "No, why? You know, I was honest for a reason there. True, unlike the others I wasn't posessed, but I did say so. And the fact the people decided NOT to hang me in front of City Hall, well... I must have done something right."
[15:49] Sir Jerry "It is a true achievement. I just can't work out how you pulled it off." he smiles. "So you're still WAR and always have been?" he finds the subject fascinating
[15:55] Karen King (All-Star) gives a nod. "Yep. See, the world I am from, I was the only person with 'superpowers' there. And the reason for that was, that I was to bring that world to an apocalypse. I played the hero, people began to fear the U.S., they waged war against them, I fought them back... and eventually it all ended in nuclear holocaust. That's how I normally go about these things. What you saw these last weeks, well... It's kind of something to have all of us four riders around."
[15:58] Sir Jerry looks at All-Star in a new light. "So the heroine element is an act? Is your purpose to bring about War as such? I'm not judging you my dear"
[16:01] Electrica appears in the room in a burst of sparks . . . . "Evening, everyone.," She looks around and frowns. "Ummmm, where's CyberLord? He asked me to meet him here . . . "
[16:02] Casey Emmerich (hellion47) enters the office, seeming to know what's up despite her confused expression.
[16:03] Sir Jerry smiles when he sees Electrica emerge. "Nice to see you Electrica. Cyberlord sends his apologies he has been delayed. Please take a seat.
[16:04] Sir Jerry he takes out his phone and checks a few things as he sees the other woman arrive. "You must be Casey." he smiles. "Please take a seat, I'm Sir Jerry president of BA Dass"
[16:04] Karen King (All-Star) gives a short wave to the arrivals. "No, Jerry, it's not an act. I really don't like assholes, and I'm not shy to smack their faces in. Or shoot them, whatever rank of an asshole they have reached. And I've never done anything else, really."
[16:04] Electrica shrugs. "All right. Sorry . . . didn't realize he'd not be here yet." She nods to the other woman arriving, having met her the other day at the spa.
[16:06] Sir Jerry looks at All-Star, "You intrigue me my dear." he turns to the rest of them. "Well, we all know each other except for you my dear." he loks at Casey. "Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself. I take it you know All-Star and Electrica by reputation at least." he smiles
[16:08] Mau Jaxa is online.
[16:10] Casey Emmerich (hellion47) nods. "The name's Psionica. Cyberlord called me here because my name pretty much says it all."
[16:11] Sir Jerry nods. "So you have a form of mind control? Telepathy, telekinesis, that kind of thing?" he looks at her
[16:12] Karen King (All-Star) leans back a bit. "Why do I think like I should wear a tinfoil hat right now?"
[16:12] Electrica smiles . . . "So dueling mentalists then? Shall I break out the banjos?"
[16:13] Sir Jerry "Good. What is you want from BA Dass?" he glances at All-Star and Electrica as they speak
[16:14] Electrica shrugs. "Chocolate is good . . . preferably dark, with almonds and caramel . . ."
[16:15] Sir Jerry *sighs* "I was talking to Psionica"
[16:15] Electrica shrugs. "Ah, my bad."
[16:16] Karen King (All-Star) raises her indey finger. "She has a point about the chcocolate, though..."
[16:17] Sir Jerry looks between the two women and presses a button embedded into the lapel of his jacket. "Can you bring some dark chocolate with almonds and caramel...no it is not for me...yes it is for the woman...what?" he looks between the women..."Enough for six."
[16:18] Karen King (All-Star) points to Jerry. "I want one of those buttons."
[16:18] Casey Emmerich (hellion47) looks at Jerry inquisitively. "I can't say I really know that yet. But I came here as a courtesy for my friend Cyberlord."
[16:19] Cyberlord entered, appearing through one of his portals. "Hello all."
[16:19] Electrica smiles on seeing Veritas enter. "Ah, there you are. I thought you'd stood me up." She looks to the other woman. "Stood us up."
[16:19] Sir Jerry nods to Psionica "You are a good friend, ah the man himself" nods to Cyberlord. Turns to All-Star. "It is not a magic chocolate button my dear.
[16:20] Cyberlord shook his head. "Had a bit of trouble getting here, to be honest."
[16:20] Electrica laughs. "A magic chocolate button. Now *there* would be a useful power . . ."
[16:20] Montyjack: *the chocolate arrives - use your imagination:) *
[16:22] Sir Jerry "Right now we are all here let's get down to business. The demon Czar threat has been neutralized thanks to this person here." he gestures to All-Star. "So we're on the same page Czar killed the chairman of this company last month."
[16:22] Casey Emmerich (hellion47) looks to CL. "Hey, CL."
[16:22] Karen King (All-Star) grabs the chocolate and starts digging in. While chewing she gives a short salute. "Mah pleashure."
[16:24] Cyberlord nods at Psionica, and Electrica. "Glad you both showed up, to be honest. If anything not on our guest list comes through, well we've got enough fire power between us to ensure such a thing doesn't happen, right?"
[16:24] Sir Jerry looks at All-Star and presses the lapel button. "Send more chocolate. Now Czar is no longer a concern Satellite Dass project can continue. Does anyone here need to get up to speed on what the project is? Or why we need it?" he looks at each of them in turn
[16:24] Electrica nods. "I'd think you'd have it pretty well coverd."
[16:25] Casey Emmerich (hellion47) nods to Jerry. "I'm actually very interested in knowing what the whole project is about." She gives an embarrassed smirk. "And I don't think I wanna read your mind, dude."
[16:26] Electrica: "Cyberlord gave me the basics, but not much in the way of details, so a rundown might be in order."
[16:26] Karen King (All-Star) looks thinking. "Well, I know why 'I' want it, but I'm curious, what did you formerly have in mind for it?"
[16:26] Cyberlord says to her. "Here was my former plan for it All Star. Czar. Pile of ashes. "
[16:28] Electrica snorts. "Demons! Can't live with 'em, can't grind them up for rancid sausage to feed the snails, cause that would be cruelty to the snails . . . "he snails . . . "
[16:30] Sir Jerry nods to each of them and smiles slightly about reading his mind. "A few months ago, Half-Face was apprehended and imprisoned, I believe Electrica you were there when he was taken down. My sources tell me he was working for and possibly still is whatever is left of the greatest threat to this city and my personal enemy. Shiva." he looks at them all. "If that android returns we need to be able to take it down without the civil war we had last time. Also the satellite will scan deep space to identify threats before they reach Celestial City." he doesn't comment on Czar
[16:34] Karen King (All-Star) leans back into the chair, thinking about that. "Is she, eh? Well, I can't say I'm surprised, but.... I wonder. She didn't show up when we were laying the city over our knees these last weeks, and she sure would have an interest in us not destroying this world. Think she's still not strong enough?"
[16:34] Cyberlord says to them all. "If Shiva returns, I'll take this..." He put an Omni-Blaster on the table. "And shoot her in the head, till she's dead."
[16:35] Casey Emmerich (hellion47) shrugs. "Can't say I've met Shiva, but I've heard terrible things about her. Like the time..." She creates a psychic construct of the city. "She almost destroyed the city." She turns the topography into a mushroom cloud before disapating the construct.
[16:36] Electrica narrows her eyes. "Do you have any solid intel that Shiva even still exists, much less is planning a comeback?"
[16:37] Sir Jerry "All I know is that if she does return, we need something that can take her down. I would give half this company's assets to know where she was. Electrica, any information on Half-Face. I know he is free after the recent attack on the police station." he watches the mushroom cloud disappear. "It wasn't quite like that my dear, but I understand your analogy." He looks at Electrica. "It's more a feeling than intel"
[16:39] Casey Emmerich (hellion47) raises her eyebrow at Jerry. "So you're willing to throw chips in based on a hunch... Normally, I'd suggest psychiatric help, but given the nature of the situation, I'm just gonna suggest you get intel first."
[16:40] Electrica shakes her head. "I've been a little out of the loop lately. Have a project of my own I'm working on, so not quite up on the day to day." She frowns. "If Shiva's still around in some form, she's keeping a very low profile. Very low! Her return would create a massive disturbance in the planetary electrical field--unless she's totally changed her basic nature. I'm a lot better at reading those now than I was when we took her down the first time."
[16:40] Karen King (All-Star) grins wide at Casey. "You're still new to this whole superhero thing, eh? Trust me, young one.... Having a hunch is the normal thing to make your decisions on."
[16:42] Cyberlord spoke to them all. "In the interests of bettering my reputation, I should refrain from wielding..." Cyberlord would push the gun across the table to Sir Jerry.
[16:42] Karen King (All-Star) looks over to CL. "What's wrong about using a gun?"
[16:43] Casey Emmerich (hellion47) shakes her head at All-Star. "I'm not new to the whole hero thing. I just like to play very carefully."
[16:43] Cyberlord says to her. "Nothing, but I carry far too many."
[16:44] Sir Jerry takes the gun and starts to dismantle it as he speaks. "So we're clear the satellite will hopefully be launched soon at least in its basic form. The laser and firing mechanism will follow later. I have a meeting with Dr Joule Maxwell. She seems to be standing in for Mayor Weaver. Has anyone met Maxwell?" he looks at each of them
[16:45] Electrica shrugs. "Never heard of her. That whole project thing . . ."
[16:45] Casey Emmerich (hellion47) shakes her head. "Nope."
[16:50] Sir Jerry "The project will be in three parts. The basic satellite, the laser, and the firing mechanism. Once the satellite is in orbit we will develop the laser and use this....Captain Hank to get it there and fit it. I take it you feel this man is up to the job Cyberlord?" he looks across the table at him.
[16:50] Cyberlord nods his head. "Yes, Hank is quite useful. He delivered a LOT of my robots."
[16:50] Electrica smiles. "Long as he doesn't go the way of Major Tom . . ."
[16:51] Sir Jerry nods. He turns to All-star. "Have you met this Maxwell. You are the celebrity amongst us afterall" he looks at Electrica and smiles
[16:51] Casey Emmerich (hellion47) looks to Electrica with a smirk.
[16:52] Karen King (All-Star) looks thinking. "Maxwell, eh? Nope, can't say I did. I'd remember someone with that name, really."
[16:53] Electrica hums . . . "Maxwell Edison, majoring in medicine . . . calls him on the phone . . ."
[16:53] ashley Reyer is online.
[16:54] Sir Jerry nods. "Do any of you have any questions so far. Obviously the fewer who know about this project the better. ((OOC I think we almost have approval for the satellite laser etc ))" He looks at them all
[16:55] Cyberlord said to Sir Jerry. "Yes, why not instead of a laser... outfitting it with my Omni-Blaster tech? Would give us more options."
[16:55] Electrica frowns. "How precise exactly is this weapon? I mean . . . if you were to aim it at a resurrected Shiva, would it just take her out or half the city with her?"
[16:56] Karen King (All-Star) grins wide. "The better question is, how big does it NEED to be? With a large lens, the beam can always be done smaller, but with a small lens? You're rather limited."
[16:56] Casey Emmerich (hellion47) looks to Jerry. "I agree with Electrica. We need to be really careful with a weapon of this magnitude."
[16:57] Cyberlord says to them. "I would have loved to have such a weapon when Czar was torturing me. It would have saved me pain, as he'd be a bloody mess."
[16:58] Electrica shrugs. "A tactical nuke makes a great fly swatter . . . but there are more efficient and less lethal ways to go about swatting flies. You need to make sure what you have is appropriate for the job you wish it to perform."
[16:59] Sir Jerry "To answer your questions...lasers are precise, accurate, and deliver their payload fast. Missiles, etc are slow by comparison. Lasers are also powerful. The weapon accuracy will be precise. The targeting system will be able to read a car license plate from high orbit." he turns to All-Star. "The lens will be able to see deep into space to the edge of our solar system according to R and D. The laser, will be able to take out the strongest amongst us." He smiles
[16:59] Casey Emmerich (hellion47) looks to Jerry. "At least you're not suggesting kinetic bombardment."
[17:00] Sir Jerry shakes his head at the thought
[17:00] Cyberlord says to Electrica, and Psionica. "As it will make you feel better, I will also have the 'keys' to the weapon as well, in case Sir Jerry gets possessed or All Star does."
[17:01] Casey Emmerich (hellion47) nods to CL. "I definitely know I can trust you. You're a tough customer to crack."
[17:02] Sir Jerry Sir Jerry says nothing. "Let's talk threats. Half-Face, Czar, and to a lesser degree the Strongs. Has anybody useful information about them?" he looks around the table
[17:02] Cyberlord was none too fond of the horsemen incident, and didn't want it to be worse if it ever repeated with them in possession of a functioning space laser. "Czar seems to feed off of anger, and rage. Or at least that's what I think."
[17:03] Cyberlord says to them. "It is very inadvisable to melee Czar."
[17:03] Karen King (All-Star) blinks a few times, then thinks about Caseys words. "Well, I'll give you that, CL is persistent. Can't say that much about most of my former foes."
[17:03] Cyberlord continues speaking. "Those of us with distance attacks, must hit him as hard and as rapidly as we can. No melee combat with him."
[17:03] Cyberlord was horrified, Electrica could likely feel it in his electrical aura.
[17:04] Casey Emmerich (hellion47) looks around. "Captain Strong is mentally unstable with an inflated sense of self entitlement." She then speaks in Gaelic. "<And he also knows Gaelic somehow.>"
[17:05] Electrica: "Strong's a loose cannon. That in itself is dangerous. He's like a bull in a china shop . . . if the bull was an asteroid and the china the country. Not a good mixture."
[17:05] Karen King (All-Star) narrows her eyes a bit. "I didn't tell Czar to back off just so you can start trouble with him. Just leave him in peace, unless he engages you first in some way. And in that case, I'll be happy to remind him why exactly he was okay to step away. And Strong? Strong is just interested in the little man. Keep the bottom line fed and happy, and he'll just look out for his whores and strippers."
[17:06] Casey Emmerich (hellion47) nods to Electrica. "Couldn't have said it better myself, Electrica."
[17:06] Cyberlord says to All Star, and the rest. "There is a very good reason you don't melee with Czar. Electrica, why don't you tell them about the mark he engraved onto my forehead that you had to expunge?"
[17:08] Electrica: "Demons feed on your fear, too . . . they get you afraid of them . . . thinking they're all powerful . . . and then they have you. Sure, they're powerful . . . but not nearly as much as they'd like for you to believe. You need to think clearly so that you can do what you need to when engaging them. They can be killed . . . I know . . . I watched them die by the thousands when they invaded my home world. Just be smart and don't let them get under your skin. In any way."
[17:08] Sir Jerry listens to all of them. "I tend to agree with All-star we leave Czar and Strong be for the time being. Neither possesses a threat to us and we don't need to attract attention from any of them. What about Half-Face? He seems to have disappeared? And what about this mark?"
[17:10] Casey Emmerich (hellion47) looks to Sir Jerry. "I still don't know much about Captain Strong besides the languages he speaks and his reputation."
[17:11] Casey Emmerich (hellion47) has the ability to absorb the linguistic patterns of those she comes in contact with. However, it doesn't always work.
[17:12] Sir Jerry "All information is good information, my dear" he smiles
[17:12] Electrica shrugs. "Always best never to go looking for trouble. Usually plenty is out looking for you already. Best to pick your battles carefully. That way you are in control, not your opponent."
[17:12] Cyberlord was paralyzed with fright at the mere memory of what Czar had done to him, and thus unable to speak what Czar had burned into his forehead, but that had been removed by Electrica.
[17:13] Karen King (All-Star) sighs a bit. "Strong's the kind of High-School quarterback that found out he has massive superpowers but really only cares about his own kind. Political intrigues don't bother him as long as Joe the Truck Driver isn't affected by it. If he is, though? Strong's gonna be the chump who's settling that for him."
[17:13] Casey Emmerich (hellion47): "FYI, He speaks gaelic a little too well. As if he's native to Ireland."
[17:15] Electrica nods. "I suspected as much. Tracked down a devil dog there once for the agency. Nasty business."
[17:17] Cyberlord finally recovered. "The mark was the word Avarice, Sir Jerry. The presence of the mark had side-effects, including pain, inability to conceal it, and night terrors."
[17:19] Sir Jerry nods. He looks at Cyberlord goes to speak but thinks better of it. He listens to Psionica. "he does have the Irish lilt for sure. He could well be a native.." he thinks. "So, this is what I would like you to do. Cyberlord, ensure security is stepped up but ensure that it is subtle. Make sure that any guns you place are concealed. All-Star, I want you to find out more about this Maxwell. Find out what she's up to. I can't believe she isn't up to something. Electrica, i want you to assist Cyberlord and All-Star. Psionica, I want you to collect as much information on Elysium House as possible. Use your psychic touch. He looks at Cyberlord. "Revenge will be ours. Any questions?"
[17:20] Casey Emmerich (hellion47)'s eyes widen. "I was actually thinking of quitting Elysium House."
[17:20] Karen King (All-Star) rises to stand. "Like I said, don't step on their toes, and Czar and Strong won't bother about you. If they do engage you, in any way, just let me know and I'll remind them about why they agreed with me to divert their attention elsewhere. As for this Maxwell type.... Well, I can check on her, but girls really aren't my best sortie, Jerry. I'll see what I can come up with, though."
[17:20] Sir Jerry "We have a deal with Elysium House I just want ot make sure they honour it" he smiles
[17:21] Sir Jerry turns to All-star. "Thank you..Karen... use your fame" he smiles
[17:21] Casey Emmerich (hellion47) rolls her eyes and speaks sarcastically. "Double Agent Psionica reporting for duty."
[17:21] Sir Jerry "Just call me M" he smiles
[17:22] Electrica: "Maybe Psionica would be helpful in learning about this Maxwell . . . ? Seems someone with telepathy could come in handy there . . ."
[17:22] Electrica laughs. "No, Sir Jerry. I knew M. You're . . . impressive as a leader, but you're no M. And you can be thankful for that!"
[17:22] Karen King (All-Star) pulls up her mask, and places the goggles on her eyes. "Right, time to do some more good, I guess. We done here?"
[17:23] Cyberlord raises his hand. "Yes, what about our truce with Elysium House?"
[17:23] Sir Jerry thinks..."Maxwell could well be telepathic herself. She has control from nowhere. I would rather use our assets when we need them." he nods to All-star. "Be careful All-Star. Speak soon."
[17:24] Electrica shrugs. "You call, of course."
[17:24] Electrica: your*
[17:24] Sir Jerry looks at Cyberlord. "It stands but barely. i just want to ensure they don't move against any of our people."
[17:24] Karen King (All-Star) gives a wave to everyone. "See you out there."
[17:25] Sir Jerry nods to all of them
[17:25] Electrica waves as she leaves
"I can remember, standing by the wall. The guns, shot above our heads, and we kissed, as though nothing could fall. And the shame was on the other side. Oh we can beat them forever and ever. Then we could be heroes just for one day."

Mr. Strong
Site Admin

Re: Meeting Minutes 19/02/2016

Post by Mr. Strong » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:01 pm

((Minor corrections: Jerry mentions hearing Captain Strong having an Irish lilt. His brogue is very broad when he speaks naturally, not lilting ... but that doesn't matter, because he speaks like he's a Mid-Western American newscaster in public, as part of his disguise. For the Gaelic (Gaeilge), he's not a native speaker, either. It's a second language, but he's fluent in it, by now. Very minor thing.))

Hannah DuMont
Sim Admin

Post by Hannah DuMont » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:04 pm

(( Would you like to keep Galaxia out of this one? Building a laser in her backyard really but I don't want to ruin anyone's plans. Merely reminding you that she would find out pretty quick since she literally lives in space. ))

Sig courtesy of dreamdumont

Butterfly of Doom

Post by Butterfly of Doom » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:06 am

M wants to know why shes mentioned...

(at least for now Hannah. Jaimies got the observatory bugged and wormed so when its airborne to prevent some snooping. Also part of the team :P In the long run it should be discovered. But let the villains have a cliché for a week at least, once its ready)
"The nerve of... Ugh!"- Celeste
"Our enemy is never as evil as we imagine." - Katyusha
"Utterly' is my favorite way to destroy something." - Alecta
"Turn your wounds into wisdom" - Anna
"..." - Eventide

Mr. Strong
Site Admin

Post by Mr. Strong » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:53 am

I think Jerry saying "Call me M" there was a pop-culture reference. Like he's essentially M for whoever.

Monty is a Bond nerd.

Montyjack

Post by Montyjack » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:27 am

Butterfly of Doom wrote:M wants to know why shes mentioned...

(at least for now Hannah. Jaimies got the observatory bugged and wormed so when its airborne to prevent some snooping. Also part of the team :P In the long run it should be discovered. But let the villains have a cliché for a week at least, once its ready)
Strong's right on both counts. M is a reference to James Bond (his boss. It was a reply to double agent Psionica) And yes I am a Bond nerd! It isn't a reference to your character BOD :)
"I can remember, standing by the wall. The guns, shot above our heads, and we kissed, as though nothing could fall. And the shame was on the other side. Oh we can beat them forever and ever. Then we could be heroes just for one day."

Montyjack

Post by Montyjack » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:29 am

Hannah DuMont wrote:(( Would you like to keep Galaxia out of this one? Building a laser in her backyard really but I don't want to ruin anyone's plans. Merely reminding you that she would find out pretty quick since she literally lives in space. ))
This could be an interesting development. For IC reference, the satellite will be public knowledge soon, the other bits will happen more in secret. It's a little scheme that scalawags like Sir Jerry do. The fiend!

For now just play it IC. At first the satellite is going to be a telescope - the laser added later. Also, Galaxia could give the whole thing a good plot twist.

Montyjack

Post by Montyjack » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:29 am

Mr. Strong wrote:((Minor corrections: Jerry mentions hearing Captain Strong having an Irish lilt. His brogue is very broad when he speaks naturally, not lilting ... but that doesn't matter, because he speaks like he's a Mid-Western American newscaster in public, as part of his disguise. For the Gaelic (Gaeilge), he's not a native speaker, either. It's a second language, but he's fluent in it, by now. Very minor thing.))
Sorry about that I didn't realise. I just linked him to Irish as he has he uses terms such as 'Jaysus' now and then.

Mr. Strong
Site Admin

Post by Mr. Strong » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:46 am

Montyjack wrote:
Mr. Strong wrote:((Minor corrections: Jerry mentions hearing Captain Strong having an Irish lilt. His brogue is very broad when he speaks naturally, not lilting ... but that doesn't matter, because he speaks like he's a Mid-Western American newscaster in public, as part of his disguise. For the Gaelic (Gaeilge), he's not a native speaker, either. It's a second language, but he's fluent in it, by now. Very minor thing.))
Sorry about that I didn't realise. I just linked him to Irish as he has he uses terms such as 'Jaysus' now and then.
He is, but he generally disguises his accent. His Father-in-Law would have forced him to learn to do so, so he could blend as a typical "All-American Hero". I might have him slip now and again, though.

Montyjack

Post by Montyjack » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:05 am

Mr. Strong wrote:
Montyjack wrote:
He is, but he generally disguises his accent. His Father-in-Law would have forced him to learn to do so, so he could blend as a typical "All-American Hero". I might have him slip now and again, though.
Nice touch!

Hannah DuMont
Sim Admin

Post by Hannah DuMont » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:17 am

Montyjack wrote:
Hannah DuMont wrote:(( Would you like to keep Galaxia out of this one? Building a laser in her backyard really but I don't want to ruin anyone's plans. Merely reminding you that she would find out pretty quick since she literally lives in space. ))
This could be an interesting development. For IC reference, the satellite will be public knowledge soon, the other bits will happen more in secret. It's a little scheme that scalawags like Sir Jerry do. The fiend!

For now just play it IC. At first the satellite is going to be a telescope - the laser added later. Also, Galaxia could give the whole thing a good plot twist.

(( I figured you didn't want your plans ruined. Merely a friendly reminder that she is there. I always have difficulty when figuring out what I should and shouldn't be aware of. Pretty much anything space Galaxia would most likely know. ))

Sig courtesy of dreamdumont

Montyjack

Post by Montyjack » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:42 pm

Hannah DuMont wrote:
Montyjack wrote:

(( I figured you didn't want your plans ruined. Merely a friendly reminder that she is there. I always have difficulty when figuring out what I should and shouldn't be aware of. Pretty much anything space Galaxia would most likely know. ))
Thanks for letting us know about that. Let's RP it through and see what happens. Don't feel you need to hold back

Butterfly of Doom

Post by Butterfly of Doom » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:06 pm

M is also for Moriarty, one of Jaimies ancestors :P Its the name he used in league
"The nerve of... Ugh!"- Celeste
"Our enemy is never as evil as we imagine." - Katyusha
"Utterly' is my favorite way to destroy something." - Alecta
"Turn your wounds into wisdom" - Anna
"..." - Eventide

Montyjack

Post by Montyjack » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:40 am

Butterfly of Doom wrote:M is also for Moriarty, one of Jaimies ancestors :P Its the name he used in league
I like that :)