"Did you hear...?" The Grapevine

For unaligned villains who still occasionally want to coordinate with other unsavory people or groups.
♚The Black Queen♚

"Did you hear...?" The Grapevine

Post by ♚The Black Queen♚ » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:08 am

The sun is setting, the Heroes are resting, the Villains are just getting their coats...

Such a simple term, "The Grapevine," everyone knows it. There's nearly nothing remarkable about someone using it in passing conversation whatsoever, it's a saying nearly everyone uses. However it's not just a saying down in Celestial City. There's a channel for everything, nowadays, and the Villainous Underground is a beehive of activity. No physical location, just the "grapevine" of he-said, she-said, they-said. This particular Grapevine is also the most dangerous one to be a grape on, and god help you if you're the topic of the day. Villains and their Bosses all across the city communicate this way and it's how factions often do their recruiting.

There's a few rules about this particular Grapevine, and it's an honored code of mutual respect between low-lives. Naturally, we tend to all reject the very premise of laws, someone attempting to impose their will on us when we have the power to easily disobey is just... Laughable.

However you choose to behave, honoring the code or not, simply know that once you lend an ear, it's theirs to keep. Be caught dishonoring the code, and they might just take that ear.

Code of [Dis]Honor

Don't be snitchin' on nobody. You didn't hear it from me. You didn't hear it from nobody but the Grapevine.

Show me your face and I'll tell you more. Hide it and two can play at this game.

Don't be asking me who I work for, buddy. Unless you're prepared to tell me the same thing.

Put my name on the Grapevine's hit-list and be prepared for the same treatment. It's called karma.

You tell me upfront if a Boss sent you. Don't let me catch you lyin' to me.

Before you join the Grapevine, ask yourself, are you sure you want people knowin' this? Because this shit will spread like wildfire throughout the city. Anyone who's on the Grapevine is gonna hear of it.

---

The Grapevine is an IC medium for the street-talk of the baddies, since we can't very well mingle in broad daylight like our blasted nemesis! Anything that goes here, you're projecting to the channel freely. This rules aren't so much rules as they are ethics, and while this is completely IC right in here, it's very much encouraged to RP about the Grapevine (be careful!). Anything posted here is open to all those who check this thread and posters understand this. You also don't have to "post" as yourself in this medium but try not to abuse this power.

Have fun!
The story they told you was a lie. I am Life but I chose Death. I wanted pomegranates and darkness and risk. I wanted Him.

♚The Black Queen♚

Re: "Did you hear...?" The Grapevine

Post by ♚The Black Queen♚ » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:08 am

"Elysium House ain't just a froo-froo club."

A man in shades and a nice suit fiddles with pulling out a cigarette as he talks to some guys down at SinCity. "Yeah, word's out that it's really the Hellfire Club. Well, it was, now they're just operating under a new name but it's the same old gig; evil empire with a Country Club for celebrities and blue-bloods as a front. Go check it out, if you're lookin' for that type of work. They got a Weapons Vault sort of thing, I don't know too much about it, I just know that they fund and supply their people, even new people, with top-of-the-line weaponry. Even some magick. Someone heard something about Wolfsbane? Shit's rare and sold at a high price. Not to mention, you get to stay in that big-ass mansion they have and have staff waiting on you. It ain't a bad setup. They treat you like royalty... Up until you piss off the Black Queen. I heard she knocked the tooth out of a maid once, just for sayin' somethin' about Hades' wings or some noise." He straightens up, rolling his shoulders some before adjusting his blazer and beginning to stroll off. "Send it to the Grapevine."
The story they told you was a lie. I am Life but I chose Death. I wanted pomegranates and darkness and risk. I wanted Him.

Butterfly of Doom

Post by Butterfly of Doom » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:27 pm

"What? How dare!... The nerve of... Ugh!"- Celeste
"Our enemy is never as evil as we imagine." - Katyusha
"Utterly' is my favorite way to destroy something." - Alecta
"Turn your wounds into wisdom" - Anna

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:06 am

Darkness descends upon the streets of Celestial City. As the late workers try to hurry home, three leather clad men step from the alley next to the movie theater. The people on the sidewalk give the rough looking guys a wide berth.
The three laugh among themselves, taking little pauses to make intimidating grimaces at the passersby. Who wouldn't be intimidated by these ruffians? Dressed in tight black leather pants, heaving combat boots, and shirtless showing off their heavily scarred upper bodies, crisscrossed with whip marks and various other past wounds.
The men continue their walk to the strip club. The noise of some people in the alley catches their attention. Looking around between the buildings, they find a young guy and a woman engaged in lewd recreation. The leather wearing trio watches making little comments until the guy pulls out a small bag of white powder.
While receiving a blow job from the street walker, the guy dips into the baggie. He doesn't even get the illicit drug to his nostril before the trio jumps him. The woman screams and huddles near a trash can as her john is beaten down by the three.
The men look down at the bloody heap. "Weak! Weak ass mother fucker. Dulling the pain. Life is pain. Pain is life. The strong rely only on themselves. The day is coming. The strong will rise and the weak will only be used for their worthless purposes. He is coming. "
As the men turn to leave the alley, one grabs the prostitute. "You wanna sell yourself? Don't worry little slut. We got buyers waiting" They drag the terrified girl off down the back alley toward the warehouse.

Butterfly of Doom

Post by Butterfly of Doom » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:26 pm

Word on the street is there is someone seeking information on the players in town, by any means. Street toughs not affiliated with any major gangs have been found bleeding in alleys, and known snitches seem to be possessing some flashier jewelry. They all say the same thing- 'got information? I know someone who wants it'

Jive turkey

BluePhalkon
Site Admin

Post by BluePhalkon » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:13 am

Not for the first time, the man wondered why he was in a dark alley doing business with the strange, white-haired girl as she giggled atop her perch of a high stack of boxes. But her secret was already burning a hole through his ear, so it was time for him to pay up. "Word is that a group of people figured out how to beseech Persephone, and that's what caused the Cinema Massacre," he reveals. She stops twirling and hops down, her eyes inches from him in a way that made him uncomfortable. Not because she was invading his space, but because there was more than a hint of madness behind that mask.

"And did you learn how to do it?" she asks, sounding excited. He nods, sweat dripping down his face, and she softens, her hips leaning out as she bends forward, accentuating her curves in a way that was...distracting. "Whisper it to me," she says seductively, moving closer, almost like she's going to kiss him before she breaks to the left, her hand reaching up to caress the back of his neck. He stammers a bit, trying to ignore the thrill running down his spine as he whispers words that tickle her ear. She nods, brushing her cheek against his, making him blush slightly. "Yep. That's how it's done," she agrees.

The words take a moment to register before he mutters a confused "Wait, wh-" as he tries to pull away. Her hand tightens on his neck, holding him against her, and then there's a sudden knock against his chest that blossoms into a burning pain as he struggles to scream, or even breathe. She pulls the knife out swiftly, blood and air bubbling from the wound between his fourth and fifth ribs as his lung collapses. "So sorry. I wish you hadn't learned that," she says, and there's a hint of actual regret in her voice as she lets him crumple to the ground as he desperately holds his chest, trying to stop his life from seeping out around his fingers. "Can't let you live knowing what you know, and can't let the others know I'm on to them either," she finishes, her lower lip protruding slightly as she watches the light dim in his eyes and hears the last rattling gasp before death takes him.

She wipes the blood of her knife with his shirt, then opens a portal to the shadow plane, letting it take the body, where dark creatures will feed on it until there's nothing left.

♚The Black Queen♚

Post by ♚The Black Queen♚ » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:27 pm

Is it weird Blue's post made me rub my knees together?

Butterfly of Doom

Post by Butterfly of Doom » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:11 am

*Beseeches Persephone* Get us some wine..I have cheese and crackers. Lunchtime snack

jessi_pintens
Sim Admin

Post by jessi_pintens » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:32 am

((Persephone, you are not alone! And yes, we need wine!))
Thanks to siphon for making me this wonderful signature!