Council Sessions ((Council Members Only))

Want to know what your government is up to? Click here to find out...
J.Trimble
Sim Admin

Council Sessions ((Council Members Only))

Post by J.Trimble » Mon May 01, 2017 12:32 pm

Delphine walked across the council chambers, currently it was under construction, no seating to be had, she looked over those assembled.

"To the first order of business then.", she said. "The situation is as follows. Police Chief Ciro and Deputy Wulff are both M.I.A and have been for some time. The failure to appoint a deputy chief has lead to problems that were somewhat unresolvable, The Protectorate has been formed to fill the void of the CCPD, and its officers are to be pressed into service as support staff or active duty protectorate until the problems with the CCPD can be resolved. The Deputy Mayor no doubt is sleeping off some hangover somewhere and if he crawls back to us before the allotted time we do not need to be looking at a replacement. I have now my nominations for council in, and you are here. He gave us his recommendation for appointee, and we have still yet to hear from them. We will no doubt have to have the lead of the protectorate brought on board in lieu of police chief. During the crisis of council I have enacted several crisis E.O's, You are here to give the appearance now of business as usual." She paused.

"Second Item on the agenda, this -singularity-, we are still gathering intel, to all intents and purposes while it is obviously hostile, It has so far not attempted an attack on the city, this could be a good thing or a bad thing, but we must work on city defense plans, this does not mean exotic technology, we know this entity is able to control technology and it could be potentially bad to invest in a technological solution. We must focus on evacuation plans, choke points and the like. We also will have to put into place secondary utility systems. Water, Power, Electricity. We must have emergency reserves incase something happens to our primary provider or lord forbid, our primary provider turns hostile. This will be a government quango and we will not be allowing the private sector to hold it ransom. It should in the short term provide jobs for those responsible for installing the systems. Realistically an emergency reserve is to intended only to provide basic utilities during a crisis situation, this is not a replacement service and is not intended to be used only in an emergency. Using that same thought process we need to find alternative food sources for our population, food that does not need to be shipped in but can be grown on site, again this is emergency rations that will enable us to withstand a siege situation, the first thing an enemy of any reasonable intelligence would do is cut our supply lines. We can bolster the guard at our out of city facilities, but we can't spare to leave the fort unguarded and send all or even our best. We must be self sufficient, I don't want our residents resorting to cannibalism if the outside lines are cut," She paused again," though, I should note , cannibalism is only illegal if the meat was murdered. I'm sure some clever clogs will find regenerating meta's are an infinite food source..." She paused and looked to the council. "That said, I don't condone the idea."

She looked to the council. "That's where we are at. Anything else that needs attention?"

yuritakashi

Re: Council Sessions ((Council Members Only))

Post by yuritakashi » Mon May 01, 2017 1:47 pm

Yuri sat at the table and contemplated what was said.

"I happen to agree with your feelings on the mater Madame Mayor, The threat of our major energy, food and water provider turning hostile could cripple the city, It has been a concern of mine for a while now that they seem to have near militaristic might within city limits. While i fully support there companies abilities to defend there assets, I feel is also poses a potential risk in the future. I do not personally know the companies CEO well enough to try and make a guess as to there motivations, but i will say it is concerning to have some one fully capable of holding the city hostage should they for instance dislike something we as the government choose to implement for the well being of the populace." Yuri sighs for a moment to take a breather.

"As a secondary note, Does this company have any means of keeping this... Singularity from doing exactly what i just mentioned, if this... being... has the ability to take over technology are there systems secured or able to be switched over to manual operation, It may be pertinent to consider requiring all such vital facilities be able to be controlled manually in some way with out technological assistance, too keep this.. thing.. from capturing our very infrastructure from beneath us"

"I have nothing to add. Thank you for giving me a moment to express my concerns."

Butterfly of Doom

Post by Butterfly of Doom » Mon May 01, 2017 8:53 pm

Celeste sat, calm, her arms set at the table. Her voice was clear, but modest. This wasn't a board meeting. in here she was amongst equals. "Madame mayor. I had recently taken a contract with PAE to maintain their pipes for the water situation. I do believe she will act on what she sees as the city and peoples best interests, if uncorrupted. But the worst must be prepared for in any situation like this. Tier one of issues we need a backup to the provided grid and food production. Better transport of goods. I can speak to the factories to sort issues. Beyond that, bunkers Shiva and this singularity didn't know about. Perhaps a method of utilizing different sources of food would help keep everyone fed. Cubes made of insects can create sustainable food, and proper nutrients. Of course if one can afford better.."

The blonde looked to each council member. "Defense is another matter. Technology we cannot rely on here. We need to keep metas under control, but also don't make them feel leashed. Those with powers may be our best defense against this Singularity's armies. If it has them proper. "
"The nerve of... Ugh!"- Celeste
"Our enemy is never as evil as we imagine." - Katyusha
"Utterly' is my favorite way to destroy something." - Alecta
"Turn your wounds into wisdom" - Anna
"..." - Eventide

J.Trimble
Sim Admin

Post by J.Trimble » Tue May 02, 2017 7:36 am

"Those with powers may be the defense needed, but let us not forget they are also the main reason this enemy exists. It was born in response to those with powers and those with powers should be grateful we are not trying to appease the singularity by shipping off metas directly to the singularity. We have to restrain them or make them accountable and to a degree controllable for a number of reasons. One, Collateral is simply unacceptable, Two, The law must apply to all., Three.. It's only a matter of time before the vastly greater number of human residents of the city ask... -Are meta's worth the trouble?-.

She paused. "Look at it from your average human point of view. Every single threat to this city has had a meta connection bar the meteorites, which to all extents and purposes made having meta protectors of the city worthless anyway. Sure you can argue they helped with the clean up, and the mission, but then so did the humans. Eventually people will do the math. -Meta is not better- and has far more risks than benefits. The latest threat seems uninterested in humans as a whole, yet humans once again are in the firing line -because- of metas. I wouldn't be keen to call what we are doing -leashing-, I'd call it damage control and public relations. Again the meta's should accept this -small- concession of registration, in order to settle the nerves of the greater public. Humans aren't defenseless, they may not have super powers, but they can be -invent- them if pushed. So I say, Stick on a mask and costume, accept accountability and don't piss off the ever weary general public"

Delphine took a breath. "On the next matter, insect cubes, yes a good source of nutrients to be sure, we just have to find a way to market it, we aren't exactly held by law accountable to disclose the ingredients of any food stuff, Crunchy Locust Bar, isn't exactly going to go down too well, however we should probably have a discussion with a marketing team. So its agreed, we'll start measures to build up secondary systems and alternative food sourcing. Those agree say -Aye-, and take the floor for matters arising."

yuritakashi

Post by yuritakashi » Tue May 02, 2017 7:53 am

Yuri nods her head "I Say Aye, thought i will add as personal input, i believe that DNA samples should be added too the registration requirements, for ease of forensics of our investigative departments to allow filtering of crime scene evidence, as well as to keep the -meta's- honest. what is to keep one from having there warden-ship revoked for abuse, and simply using a power of some sort to change their appearance, an illusion a hologram, some form of biometric verification at the least should be standardized, it is not as if these citizens are being tested during registration, I have went down myself to see the process, it seems simply paperwork and a statement of the validity of there claims. I personally find it a bit worrisome that it is easier to register to be a defender of our city, then it is for a normal citizen to get a driving permit. If any thing, I question if the warden program goes far enough to ensure some level of accountability for these individuals."

J.Trimble
Sim Admin

Post by J.Trimble » Tue May 02, 2017 8:10 am

"I'm afraid any legislation of that type would see a decrease in warden applications." Delphine said. "However there is a loophole, wardens are required to hand over suspects to the police/protectorate and in the interests of -eliminating- wardens as suspects from the crime scene, a sample can be taken when they hand over a suspect. This would have to be a procedure the protectorate carry out and then file to city hall. However DNA itself can be rewritten or altered via technology or some mutant abilities, there are always loop holes, I'm afraid mandatory sampling will just deter far more than it will encourage. Some will prefer to run the risk of an unregistered vigilantee than hand over samples for registration, however in the interest of -eliminating- suspects from crime scene investigations, I'm sure that -sells- better... it's the same damn thing, really, but just better marketed", She smiled.

Butterfly of Doom

Post by Butterfly of Doom » Tue May 02, 2017 7:22 pm

"The problem with humans inventing is the same as the metas, as far as this threat goes. I do not have true warfare experience, nor does my family. Other than my father, a veteran. That I will look at matters individually, and take input before formulating opinions. The dna sample seems a proper thing, even if it must be done as a ball and shell game. I would advise perhaps offering voluntary registration of the genetics in addition, so they can schedule this information to keep them clear. Such as imposters..this could be a dangerous thing for wardens if they are faked. The dna evidence would have resolved this entire Diamond thing recently in a heartbeat. We could tell if who attacked was the real warden, or an imposter. Using that logic we may get samples. I will support better control of the situation, the details we can work out in time."

She sat and thought for a moment. "As for the advertising on the health cubes, Aye. The food source will be needed especially if PAE goes rogue. Celestial Crunch or Power Pellets, possibly."
"..." - Eventide

Timberwulff
Sim Admin

Post by Timberwulff » Wed May 03, 2017 8:19 am

Suddenly the door opens and a very VERY tan Timber walks in. Egyptian style eyeliner around his eyes, his body a bit more muscular. Would have been here sooner but wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff and then I had to clean Meta Bowl of some kind of white goo.. and no it wasn't mine." He sits down and looks at those assembled.

So what new deviltry do you have planned?

J.Trimble
Sim Admin

Post by J.Trimble » Wed May 03, 2017 2:28 pm

Delphine looked at the door. "You can catch up on the minutes after the session, Next order of business, eye liner for men is to be outlawed unless you look like Dave Navarro, during his hot phase." She looked to the assembled council. "Those in favor say, Aye"

"Next order of business would be explaining where the hell you have been."

yuritakashi

Post by yuritakashi » Wed May 03, 2017 2:32 pm

Yuri smirks looking too Timber. "Madame Mayor, might i suggest a revision too the order, that if he is going to wear makeup, he must also follow suit to dress appropriately, one or the other" she laughs out before saying "But Aye, no eyeliner for ugly men"

Timberwulff
Sim Admin

Post by Timberwulff » Wed May 03, 2017 3:13 pm

Timber looks at Yuri, and snaps his fingers in front of her face.

"Tsk, whatever, you know I look good... Hater."

He then looks at Delphine."Wound up with a whole bunch of people on a space station then something happened when I teleported and I wound up in ancient Egypt. Long story Short, wound up back here after a bit of time, hence the tan and the eyeliner."

yuritakashi

Post by yuritakashi » Wed May 03, 2017 3:25 pm

Yuri looks back to timber "It is easy to hate something when you do not understand it, But hey at least you feel pretty and that is what is important here" she says as she does a small golf clap. "so when will you be getting a full transition? Oh and do be aware i do not think the city's insurance policy covers gender change procedures." she states her nails tapping against the table.
Last edited by yuritakashi on Wed May 03, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J.Trimble
Sim Admin

Post by J.Trimble » Wed May 03, 2017 4:03 pm

Delphine looked to Timber. "Interesting..." She said, she looked to Yuri. "We can't constitutionally pass that law , but its fun none the less, and employers do have the right to demand a dress code..." She paused. "Anywho, Welcome back Deputy. What exactly do you need to be brought upto date on?"

Timberwulff
Sim Admin

Post by Timberwulff » Wed May 03, 2017 4:31 pm

Timber looked at Delphine."Just what I missed from the space station situation and whatever i missed in this meeting but you did say I would get the minutes."

He looks back at Yuri."You're funny, I like you."

J.Trimble
Sim Admin

Post by J.Trimble » Wed May 03, 2017 4:42 pm

Delphine watched the interactions.

"I'm afraid Timber she's a strict tacotarian, but to your question, The mission logs will be added to the minutes, we don't need to recap that here. Things happened, Chemice died, and Shiva was a puppet, but read the mission logs and your questions will be answered. April is missing, The CCPD was failing, we've assigned a group called the protectorate to take over the duties using the CCPD for adminstration in the mean time, just the heavy patrol duties have been taken away, also we've started to issue warden licences.."

Delphine looked to Yuri "Back to task"

yuritakashi

Post by yuritakashi » Wed May 03, 2017 4:48 pm

Yuri smiles "Yes Madam Mayor, i was simply giving the Deputy Mayor a greeting and my support in His/Her life choices" she says as she fights the urge to giggle.

Butterfly of Doom

Post by Butterfly of Doom » Wed May 03, 2017 8:59 pm

" the protectorate is moving smoothly thus far, and we are looking into alternative food and power sources as backup, especially if this Singularity corrupts PAE..s systems. "

The blonde looked over towards him. her voice was pleasant.. legitimately being helpful, even if she had resting jaim..bitch face. "I don't think hes ugly. But I don't think the eyeliner fits..you just aren't an eyeshadow guy, deputy. The minutes are rather simple here, you should be able to catch up."
"..." - Eventide

Timberwulff
Sim Admin

Post by Timberwulff » Thu May 04, 2017 6:19 am

Timber listens."Well do we have any land we can turn into city run gardens, I am sure we can find soybeans to grow, they grow rather quickly and if we can find a plant based Meta to help them grow and reproduce as long as the city doesn't mind turning vegetarian in a crunch."

He pauses a moment.

"And this is not some attempt to get Queen around here, you know my ties to her are severed."

Butterfly of Doom

Post by Butterfly of Doom » Thu May 04, 2017 8:14 pm

"The other issue is maintaining services. We would need a default method of receiving power and water services put in place. I cannot vote on the water services as AES is under contract to assist with maintenance. It would be a breach of ethics. "

The blonde look to the others, Timber last as he was the last to arrive.
"..." - Eventide

J.Trimble
Sim Admin

Post by J.Trimble » Fri May 05, 2017 11:25 am

"There will be no breach of ethics. We are -not- replacing services, we are making secondaries for emergency situations. These services are not meant to replace the current service providers, these will be cheap and cheerful and -technologically- less dependent on computerized systems, I wouldn't chose it for myself and I know a lot of other people who would not appreciate a drop in quality of service, however a -drop- is preferred to an absence."

"Soy yields good protein though despite vegan and vegetarian propaganda, it comes at exactly the same cost as a pasture. I think insects are a reknewable and infinite food source, There's a few bugs with the marketing though. I still think its our best sustainable, unless someone can genetically engineer a regenerating cow......" She paused.."There's a thought."

yuritakashi

Post by yuritakashi » Sun May 07, 2017 1:24 am

Yuri speaks up "Something i have been meaning to bring up, Since the Executive Order to form the protectorate, I expected its leader to be added to the council given they are the most senior member of the remnants of the CCPD, And given the previous head of the CCPD has not been able to attend to her civic duties, i would like to propose that Hell Guard be added too this council as Chief of the Celestial City Protectorate. Since she has been instated the protectorate has flourished and we actually have a responsive force to crimes instead of having to rely on vigilantism. As well warden registration has gone fairly smoothly with little to no resistance from the populace."

"As to the food and power sources, i must apologize for my silence, but it seems in hand, so i have little in the way to suggest for improvement, aside from, i can see about having CRD begin testing on genetic modification to livestock for regenerative purposes. "

Butterfly of Doom

Post by Butterfly of Doom » Sun May 07, 2017 5:57 pm

Celeste nods "I second adding Hellguard onto council, and we can see if the police chief has a justified reason for her absence. "

She looked at Timber now " getting a tanning booth is not, but you have not been gone as long."
Last edited by Butterfly of Doom on Sun May 07, 2017 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"..." - Eventide

Timberwulff
Sim Admin

Post by Timberwulff » Sun May 07, 2017 7:34 pm

Timber nods."I got no issue on Hellguard." He looks at Celeste." Tanning booth? I was in Egypt for a while before I came back, longer than I care to admit.

J.Trimble
Sim Admin

Post by J.Trimble » Mon May 08, 2017 6:49 am

"That's a majority vote for the chief of the protectorate having a place on the council. All say -Aye-"

She looked around, as all three had basically said as much before she knew the outcome. "The Aye's have it. Motion Carried."

J.Trimble
Sim Admin

Post by J.Trimble » Thu May 18, 2017 7:22 am

few days pass.

"Its come to our attention we've lost a council member and the majority share holder of the bank in one fell swoop. This looks suspicious especially as controlling share was handed over to another entity simultaneously, where there is smoke there is fire. Pending investigation with probable cause and reasonable suspicion I am going to make a seizure of the bank and bring it under city control for the immediate future. The investigation is likely to take several months or years as our investigators go through the records and accounting of the bank. It will of course continue to operate, but it will be controlled by the city. I will execute this order with or with out the consent of the council exercising my power of veto and make it an executive order, however if the -ayes- support this measure then we will simply conduct issue the order per standardized vote. The majority share holder of the bank will per constitution be compensated for their loss."