pitching ideas **City council respond please**

Want to know what your government is up to? Click here to find out...
Timberwulff
Sim Admin

pitching ideas **City council respond please**

Post by Timberwulff » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:17 pm

Timber looks at the city council members and shakes his head.

"Okay we know the prisoner auction was only good for...Wait what was it good for? Anyway I wanted to pitch an idea or two. One of which was shot down before but I want to see if we can give it another look."

He paused looking at those assembled. "The first idea is the end of the auction for prisoners. we give them an option pay the fine or community service and that means they work helping the city or local businesses. WORK ONLY they are not to be put out there to be sex slaves. They are out there to work off their debt to society. I think we should have those contracts for people if they want to be.. sponsored but it has to be a mutually agreed upon contract, no forcing anyone into it. The sponsor will be responsible for the person they are sponsoring however. This is for minor crime stuff. For major crime problems, and this is the previous idea that was shot down. We recruit a few of them. Try to get them set up paying their debt to society by helping society, we find some way to keep them in check so they don't go nuts on us, and we point them at the major problems and they work off their sentences that way."

He pauses and looks at everyone."If anyone else has ideas, now is the time to throw them on the table."

Butterfly of Doom

Re: pitching ideas **City council respond please**

Post by Butterfly of Doom » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:16 pm

Celeste gives a nod. the blonde spoke, soft but firmly" We could end the auctions as a general matter and allow businesses and organizations to bid on individuals or groups for work related use only. I still see allowing them to replay with sponsorships the classic way valid, if we intersect it with it must be mutually agreed upon. I know I would hire some for the menial labor myself, and others may as well. Our businesses are always looking for a way to save money, and they want to be clear of their debt. As for other ideas, we could require public works. If they have medical experience, work with the hospital under observation. Or the fire department. The construction companies might like the first idea there of contracts but with no sex more though, to be honest."
"What? How dare!... The nerve of... Ugh!"- Celeste
"Our enemy is never as evil as we imagine." - Katyusha
"Utterly' is my favorite way to destroy something." - Alecta
"Turn your wounds into wisdom" - Anna

DeuxBlackthorn

Post by DeuxBlackthorn » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:13 pm

Lady Nightmare shrugs slightly "The problem with a work program is that anyone would need to be housed, which is the same problem as mass jailing. The main proposal I was going to put forward was simply adding another step to the process, where the person arrested could choose to accept or refuse the contract. That would remove the issue of it being 'slavery' since it would require consent... if they refuse a contract then they remain in jail until another one is offered that they do accept... possibly with the proposed ability to reduce their sentence if they assist against a threat"

Timberwulff
Sim Admin

Post by Timberwulff » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:20 pm

Timber nods as he looks at Celeste and Lady N."So I think we are agreed on the end of the auctions. " He said before pausing."The big issue with holding the prisoner until they accept a deal is we need to fix the jail we do have to hold Meta humans, I mean seriously unless we can get a device to nullify powers and keep them in jail that way we are kind of up the creek should some creative meta human just want to bust out of jail."

Talista Glas

Post by Talista Glas » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:27 pm

Hell Guard: "So we're doing away with the auction but letting it be more a matter of the aggrieved business having all the power. I'm assuming they can then do an auction to gather the funds to get back what was lost? Seems to me like we're keeping the auction, but adding steps and calling it something different."
Gimme the sauce, Morty, I need the sauce.

Butterfly of Doom

Post by Butterfly of Doom » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:31 pm

Celeste shook her head. " No, There will still be auctions. Just not in such broad terms and more limited on who can bid. Such as a construction company for workers. Or the hospital bid on one who had a phd in medical. Limited contracts. Individuals can make more robust sponsorship deals with prisoners as well, but those require consent from both parties. There are going to be problems either way."

DeuxBlackthorn

Post by DeuxBlackthorn » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:46 pm

/me nods "Yeah, really the city doesn't have the resources to host every offender in a metahuman-capable prison for extended periods of time, which means some form of contractual work system is going to be needed... I think adding the consent portion would remove the vast majority of the complaints against it by giving the prisoner a choice. As for upgrades to the prisons, that would be -extremely- difficult, but I could see about discussing potential options with my research teams. Would likely require specialized restrictions for each type of abilities"

Timberwulff
Sim Admin

Post by Timberwulff » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:14 am

Timber nods."Okay, that makes a bit more sense." as he sits and ponders the situations."Okay any other business you all wish to take care of.?"

Timberwulff
Sim Admin

Post by Timberwulff » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:37 pm

Timber pauses, Why should we let them wait and possibly escape? WHat about if they don't work for some corporation they work for the city we get them to clean up the destruction, help with rebuilding and if they have the power and or the knowledge to heal then park their asses in the hospital?

Butterfly of Doom

Post by Butterfly of Doom » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:40 pm

Celeste nodded to the comment. " That would be advisable. The city cant pay as much as the corporations but it kills two bird with one stone."

DeuxBlackthorn

Post by DeuxBlackthorn » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:50 pm

Lady N nods slightly "That could work as well, though then the city would have to provide sufficient observation of them while they work, which would likely mean tying up Protectorate agents or wardens to keep watch. Either way has its plusses and minuses"