Emergency session

Want to know what your government is up to? Click here to find out...
DeuxBlackthorn

Emergency session

Post by DeuxBlackthorn » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:31 am

Lady N looks around the council chamber as those that could make it on short notice arrive, letting out a heavy sigh "So... my people have made progress on deciphering the sigils we recovered from the cult, and the news is extremely bad." waving to her robed 'bodyguard' Mythos, who steps forward and begins to speak "We have determined the purpose of the ritual. Originally we thought it to be some sort of summoning or empowerment ritual, but the truth is far worse. There is a realm beyond reality, where ancient beings of pure chaos dwell, beings akin to gods but whose very existence tears at the natural order and destroys all they touch. This Fleurdemort being is attempting to create not just a temporary portal, but rather a permanent gateway that would connect our world to their realm, allowing them all to come and go as they please. If she succeeds we would be facing millions of beings at her power or even greater"

Timberwulff
Sim Admin

Re: Emergency session

Post by Timberwulff » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:42 pm

Timber listens in.
"So, either Jersey or Lovecrafts wet dreams." He says as he leans against the table. "Do we have some sort of plan to stop her?" He leans back."I know a little bit about magical beings but I don't know if sea salt and iron filings will work. "

Railgun

Post by Railgun » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:52 pm

Mikoto walks in catching part of it " Portal to Jersey? no. That has to be stooped. What's the plan ? "

DeuxBlackthorn

Post by DeuxBlackthorn » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:40 pm

Mythos chuckles weakly "I wish such simple solutions were effective here... there is a sigil we discovered that has some effect on their power, but only a person of true faith would be able to empower it enough to affect their manifested agents. I'll be happy to teach it to any such individuals" then she steps back to allow Lady N to continue "I do have a plan in mind, yes. The ritual relies on three focuses to maintain and direct the power. If they're destroyed during the process, then those energies will backlash. My arcanists are as certain as can be that this will banish all the beings that have been brought here already"

Timberwulff
Sim Admin

Post by Timberwulff » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:11 pm

Timber shakes his head."Hold on, hold on, true faith in what? I've seen this stuff enough that a pure heart doesn't always mean purely good. Is this sigil associated with a certain deity and we need faith in them or how does it work?" He shrugs."And as for focuses what is needed?" He pulls an energy drink from his pocket and opens it looking around.

Butterfly of Doom

Post by Butterfly of Doom » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:58 pm

Celeste spoke up. " I do hope we can find someone of such faith We have to stop this before Snooki comes looking for smush smush."
"The nerve of... Ugh!"- Celeste
"Our enemy is never as evil as we imagine." - Katyusha
"Utterly' is my favorite way to destroy something." - Alecta
"Turn your wounds into wisdom" - Anna
"..." - Eventide

DeuxBlackthorn

Post by DeuxBlackthorn » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:37 am

Mythos speaks up again "The kind of faith that makes power manifest by itself. The sigil alone won't solve this, though, only destroying the focuses will do that. She'll need to bring them all to the ritual site to draw on them, and that gives us our chance to strike. Each one will be an item of great power, one being the artifact she stole from the vault, but the rite will draw their power out and make them vulnerable. We just have to get a team to each of them to strike the blow"

DeuxBlackthorn

Post by DeuxBlackthorn » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:32 am

Lady N continues "I plan to declare a state of emergency once we get confirmation she's on the move, we're gonna need every available fighter for this. The plan is to send three teams in. The main group will be sent to the focuses to deal with any defenders and shut down the ritual. A second group will provide a barrier for that group against any forces she summons into the area, depending on the numbers we see the military may be called in for support there. The third group I will lead personally, a small elite strike force that will get her attention directly and keep her from bringing her power to bear on the others"