The Lois Ryan Lee Show- Talk Radio: Hellguard

If you have a TV show post here!
Lois

The Lois Ryan Lee Show- Talk Radio: Hellguard

Post by Lois » Sat May 20, 2017 3:44 pm

[14:09] Lois Ryan Lee looks at a sign that counts down. 3. 2. 1. "Good evening, Celestial City, I am Lois Ryan Lee and this is The Lois Ryan Lee Show, #1 source for conservative talk radio. Tonight's guest is one that has been highly anticipated, Hellguard, leader of the Protectorate and newest member of the Mayor's council. Ma'am I just want to say it's an honor to finally sit down with you. Thank you for your service to this city. For those unfamiliar with you and your role though, would you mind telling us a bit about yourself so that the city can appreciate just what it is you do?"

[14:12] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) smiles "thank you for having me on, definitely a long time listener" she states and then responds "The Protectorate is, by its very nature, a bit of a mixed bag. We've taken over for the police and we perform the functions of a police force as well as take on the same oversight from the government as the police did. Unlike the police, we are one unit, all branches are one branch. In addition, the Protectorate works to protect the city and her people from external threats, be it machines or aliens or the wastelanders, as well as from criminal elements within the city's boundaries."

[14:14] Lois Ryan Lee: "So it's like a military police force? I imagine combining these elements a into one branch has a lot of benefits like coordination and cost."

[14:18] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) nods "sort of a combined military and police force, yes" she says calmly "though we're certainly not the military, not at the moment at least. We're...well, let's say that if it's necessary for the Mayor to initiate the draft, then the Protectorate would proudly become the military. But right now, we are more along the lines of military police." she states

[14:20] Lois Ryan Lee: "As a long time listener, I'm sure you've heard the choice words of some of our other guests have about registration and the Protectorate in particular. Do you care to comments on these baseless allegations of meta-human concentration camps?"

[14:22] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) smiles "I don't even know how you'd get that idea in your head." she states, shaking her head "The sheer logistics alone required for such a camp would be absurdly expensive. The energy draw would likely rival that of the city, the technology required would be beyond what we currently possess. They are baseless allegations at best, and honestly I'd like to have a sit down with anyone making that claim to see where they're getting these ideas from."

[14:26] Lois Ryan Lee: "Speaking of which, there has been some insider sources in the political sphere saying that these allegations are likely be the result of left-wing operatives that maybe even answer to the deputy mayor, trying to undercut Mayor Taggot. Have you had a chance to speak with the deputy mayor? What does he think of you and our other brave men and women in uniform?"

[14:28] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) smiles "I'd be very surprised if anyone under his wing is spreading these allegations. I will admit him and I have butted heads on some issues in the past, but overall he is a decent individual" she explains. Even if she did have issues with him, she'd not be bad mouthing him on the air

[14:31] Lois Ryan Lee smiles at that answer. "A very political answer, ma'am. Hey, I get it, he is in some sense your boss and the city needs you where you are. What sort of issues do you butt heads on?"

[14:34] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) smiles "well, politically, he's fairly left leaning and I'm fairly right, as are most military individuals. This can lead to a few butting of heads once in awhile, but I won't go into specifics out of respect for him. Some differing opinion is good, as long as it is well informed and concise, not spouting off about secret prisons and wide ranging absurdist conspiracies."

[14:37] Lois Ryan Lee: "Well if anything the deputy mayor, Timber, seems like he's anti-Protectorate and anti-draft. Would you at least say that much? His public policies seems to align as much."

[14:39] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) smiles "If he is anti-protectorate, he's not said it with me. As for the draft, such a thing is never popular with anyone, but it is necessary to keep the city alive. And look at the major events of the past month...all this and still no draft. If the draft was being instituted to abuse, then we would have conscripted everyone by now."

[14:43] Lois Ryan Lee: "The events of the last month, you mean the Shivan attacks I would assume. I wanted to ask a number of questions on those going back to when the ruins were besieges and this 'Kali' appeared. We have seen from footage of the battle and eyewitness accounts that the heroine known as Railgun seems to have 'gone off the rails' trying supposedly rescue one of the the Shivans called Durga. Anything to say on that account?"

[14:45] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) nods "Durga is, in a way, a fragment of a comrade that fell in the fight against Shiva." she explains "Given the potential for both intel on the enemy and a powerful ally to assist, this was a target of opportunity for Railgun, I do believe." She states calmly "Though, I do wish she would've informed everyone of her plans prior to the move, it ultimately worked out."

[14:50] Lois Ryan Lee: "It was more than that it seems. It seems she allowed her emotions to get in the way of her duty wouldn't you say? By all accounts it was quite an emotional ordeal for her. More so, Durga escaped that particular encounter and Railgun was only rescued by the heroic efforts of one of her own, someone named..." she flips through some cards, "Zephyr. Why didn't she inform the Protectorate of her plans? Does PAE security have something against the Protectorate? When this Durga was finally captured, they tried to hold a tank cannon on you and Praetorian to secure the body, there was even a report that they were trying ransack the Protectorate HQ for something."

[14:54] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) nods "I am told differing reports on the ransacking of our HQ, but the tank cannon bit is true. I actually stared down the barrel of that cannon myself. They are a private organization, not connected to us. As such, there are some...issues when two major military organizations are operating in the same warzone on the same side. Both sides want to come out on top and both sides tend to want to push out the other side. The Protectorate has given as much ground as they can with PAE, and it keeps being a problem. I can only hope the issues within the organization can be worked out before another stand off turns into a blood bath."

[15:00] Lois Ryan Lee grins at that. "You know Councilor Hatsuko was in here not that long ago assuring me that PAE was a prime example of privatized wardens and that the Celestials just had a few kinks to work out. Seems like PAE has many, many more kinks to work out if they're trying to get into an armed stand off with the police force. Though Councilor Hatsuko is right in that this is just another example of how metas seems to ignore the common man. What would happen if a common robber pointed a gun at a Protectorate officer? They'd be in jail right now. But because these people are PAE Security and have powerful allies, they get to be above the law of this city? Does that sound like equality between metas and non-metas?"

[15:03] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) smiles and shakes her head "It certainly does not. But, as I've said, if their cavalier attitude towards the Protectorate continues, there will be major issues. And I'm not talking about me preventing medical treatment until the gun is powered down, I'm talking open conflict, and that is not something that anyone wants."

[15:08] Lois Ryan Lee: "You means something akin to a literal war between the Protectorate and PAE? There is no telling how a conflict like that might go. There would be no slew of people willing to throw their lot in with PAE, dangerous unhinged metas like Stamina would no doubt try to expand that conflict to Civil War. PAE is already unhinged enough. According to one report, a woman pulled the hair of another with telekinesis at the bowling alley and this was enough to blast her with laser eyes. If she'd have killed her, that would have at least been manslaughter no?"

[15:11] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) nods "I arrived for that. That circumstance at the bowling alley was incredibly unsettling. It was an instance of an extremely limited provocation getting out of hand at a wildly abusive rate. And if she'd have killed her, it would be murder. Manslaughter is if you don't intend harm. If you're attacking someone and you kill them, that's murder. If you back up your car and accidentally kill someone, that's manslaughter."

[15:16] Lois Ryan Lee: "And we've given these provocateurs and pinheads the means to just shut down this city. It's like PAE has a gun to the head of the city as it has been allowed to control the water, the food supply, the power. They could shut it all down, use it as leverage against the city. Look I am all for privatization, but even where I am from, we didn't privatize our public utilities for this very reason. What do you propose to address these issues as both commander of the Protectorate and as Councilor to the Mayor?"

[15:21] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) smiles "I propose support for the mayor and her policies. I am the last person to talk to about politics. I tend to say what I mean and mean what I say, and as such I tend to be wholly ineffective in the political realm. But I trust the Mayor and I expect she has a plan for this"

[15:25] Lois Ryan Lee leans back at that. "Come'on! This is a no spin zone. The Mayor is a libertarian through and through. Privatized utilities is right up her alley! She knows her base will turn against her if she tries to just take over utilities from them. She's at the mercy of her ideology and at PAE's who will just try to spin it to make it look like she's trying to steal private property when those utilities should belong to the public anyway. Surely you know this right?"

[15:29] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) smiles "Well, I'm not going to deny it. There is always the possibility that PAE will make some nasty decision that can negatively impact everyone else. I just hope they realize that such an act would be one of war, not just with the Protectorate, but with the entire city. They'd essentially be damning the people to suffering, and as such it is a killswitch that I think they'll not use unless we're already at their gates so to speak"

[15:35] Lois Ryan Lee: "Well it's good to know that PAE is also a loose cannon waiting to fire on this city. The folks of this city deserve better than this. We need order. We need laws that treat everyone the same regardless of whether they have super powers or control over our utilities. Patriots at home, call city hall and tell them exactly what you think of this mess. Tell'em you want PAE held accountable! Commander, thank you for being here, I'll give you the last word."

[15:39] Hell Guard (Talista Glas) smiles "Thank you. My last word is this: unity. We need unity in this city. For every dangerous entity that wishes us dead, the greatest threat is division. Yes PAE could be a loaded gun, yes there are issues with certain Warden members within the city, yes there are problems with the criminals. But also, we are a strong people, especially when united. The Protectorate stands united with the PEOPLE of this city who have stood with us against countless attacks, and we will continue to stand with the people against any foe, no matter how powerful or numerous they may be."

[15:40] Lois Ryan Lee: "Very inspiring, you do this city proud. Tune In the coming days and we'll have a... mystery guest of sorts. Thank you for listening, and have a good evening, patriots!"