Politics Picks with Danielle Simone and you!

If you have a TV show post here!
Chyleste
Site Admin

Politics Picks with Danielle Simone and you!

Post by Chyleste » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:55 pm

The music plays over a montage of landmarks from Celestial City. The images fade out as the familiar face of FireFly's anchorwoman smiles at the camera. "Welcome Celestial City, to Politics Picks with your host, Danielle Simone. It's that time again for the city to elect new leaders. This show will not only help to educate you on the issues but also give you a voice to express your concerns."

"We will be taking your calls shortly so start dialing now. We want to hear from you. But first let's touch on a few of the issues. Starting with the safety of the city itself. The last administration dissolved the human CCPD in favor of the creation of a metahumans law enforcement agency named the Protectorate. After a strong start, the Protectorate membership seems to be down. The Protectorate chief, Hell Guard has done her best standing up at the front lines to defend the city. But is it enough? There is no question that Celestial City needs law enforcement but even with the warden license program it seems like the metahumans would rather go into business for themselves instead of serving the city as official representatives."

"There are several other issues we will discuss but let's see what our callers are thinking about things. Caller on line one? You're on the air. Hello. Welcome to Politics Picks."

(( Phone lines are open. Feel free to post a call. ))

Butterfly of Doom

Re: Politics Picks with Danielle Simone and you!

Post by Butterfly of Doom » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:39 am

* The first call comes in, the voice sounding like you classic sweet old lady as Anna-Kate spoofed a number* " Hi there deary. I'm Henrietta Hoolihan. Not a long time caller by self admission, but we need to hear this. I wish more kids like you would give this the attention it deserves. I didn't like what Weaver did with the police and metahumans, but putting Hell Guard or that Lady N into office seems to be inviting more of the same. Don't you think its time we have a mayor for the people? Back in my day You didn't have these .. strangers running around. You could trust your local police officer. "
"What? How dare!... The nerve of... Ugh!"- Celeste
"Our enemy is never as evil as we imagine." - Katyusha
"Utterly' is my favorite way to destroy something." - Alecta
"Turn your wounds into wisdom" - Anna

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:14 am

Danielle nods along as the old woman's voice comes across the air. She smiles not wanting to point out that there are no long time callers since this is the first show. She smiles at the camera. "Hello Henrietta Hoolihan. Thank you for you call. That is a very good point. We need to be able to trust our law enforcement officers no matter who they are. I have not heard Lady N's policies on what she intends to do about law enforcement yet. We will have to see when she puts her platform out. I do not think Hell Guard is actually running, at least I have not heard an announcement yet. But you bring up a good point. The good citizens of Celestial City need officers we can trust and believe in."

Danielle smiles as she pushes a button. "Let's go to our next caller on line two."

CassieK

Post by CassieK » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:05 pm

The woman waits nervously on hold until she hears a voice on the other end.... pausing for a moment, suddenly unsure of what to say, she finally begins to ramble. "I.. is it me? I mean, am I on the air?... This is so cool! I've never been on anything like this before! I mean, I'd always tried to be 'caller number 9' or tried to call in the radio to answer the trivia question and win a prize, but never got through before. This is exciting! Did I win... oh wait, this isn't a contest." *she pauses before continuing more quietly

"S...sorry, I forgot why I'm calling. The, um, Protectorate. I.. I guess I didn't even realize they were still active? I mean, whenever something bad seems to be going on a group of powerful people just seem to.. show up. There never really seemed to be much concern for .. I guess 'the law' at all, just people destroying stuff. I mean, there's those PAE people, and now there's some people who I thought were bad people trying to behave like good people? One of them is even running for mayor?" *she pauses again, obviously unsure of what her point was "I.. well.. maybe I'm just wrong, I don't know. But, it doesn't seem like there's anyone currently really looking out for the citizens of the city.. they're just looking for the next fight. I dunno... umm.. th.. thanks for taking my call. Love your work!"

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:18 pm

The hostess smiles and listens to the caller. "Yes it is you. Welcome to Politics Picks." She pauses to let the caller get her words out. "I agree. That is what I was saying earlier. We need some law and order to organize things. We don't need random chaos or rogue military groups running around wild. Hopefully whoever wins the election understands this and doesn't let this insanity run wild any longer."

Danielle smiles as she runs her fingers along the buttons on the desk. "Let's mix it up a bit. How about we go to caller number.....9. Caller you are on the air."

Hannah DuMont
Sim Admin

Post by Hannah DuMont » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:30 pm

Scarlett Morningside is on the line "Yes, hello Miss Simone this is Scarlett Morningside. I wanted to call and perhaps help address some questions for those that won't be attending the rally. One of the major concerns I have been hearing is about the Protectorate. I have had the opportunity to meet with Miss Hell Guard and we reached a bit of agreement. The Protectorate HAS NOT worked. This is no secret. ALikewise our Wardens and heroes seem solely focused on being flashy and popular. To many times have heroes shown up solely to fight while the innocent civilians in the crossfire are ignored.

I plan to work this out by having the Protectorate work with the University. Our Metahuman University was created to teach these young upcoming heroes the proper way to be heroes. Sadly it seems that none of the heroes care enough to volunteer their time to teaching and some ex criminals are teaching there seeking to change their ways, so that is another system that will need a revamp. But yes I am very aware of the casulties and innocents who are so casually tossed aside by our current crop of flashy attention seeking heroes. I do plan to change that and will be focusing on these and other questions during the upcoming meets. I do encourage you and all your listeners to come out and meet the candidates

Sig courtesy of dreamdumont

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:51 pm

Danielle smiles as she listens to the woman. "Hello, Miss Morningside. It is a pleasure to talk with you. I have to agree with you. We need a better system of law enforcement. It seems like most in the city are in agreement with that idea. I am happy to hear you are thinking about these things too. My only concern is using students? Do you really think we should be sending out trainees to enforce the laws? That sounds a bit risky. I look forward to hearing your ideas. I plan on reporting on the rally and the rest of the campaign. Stick with FireFly and the city's number one reporter, me, for all the coverage. I would love to sit down with you for a full interview very soon. Thank you very much for calling in, Miss Morningside. Let's hear what other citizens think about this issue. Let's try line number six this time."