Clandestine Meetings

Chyleste
Site Admin

Clandestine Meetings

Post by Chyleste » Fri May 12, 2017 9:48 pm

A figure wearing a large overcoat and a hat pulled down to hide his face, steps out of the nearly empty subway train. He stands on the boarding platform as the train leaves the station. The figure waits a few moments longer, raising his head, listening and sniffing the air.

Finally satisfied that he is alone, the man steps off the platform and makes his way down the dark tunnel. He moves quickly, winding down the passages, slipping through some closed tunnels until he reaches a blocked hallway.

The man moves some debris and pushes in a code into a hidden panel. A door opens and the man moves in quickly. He makes his way further down until reaching another door. He presses his hand to a part of the wall and the door opens.

As the man steps inside the chamber, he pulls off his hat and coat. Anthony Gato steps into the meeting room and takes a seat to wait for the person he has an appointment to meet this late at night.

DeuxBlackthorn

Re: Clandestine Meetings

Post by DeuxBlackthorn » Fri May 12, 2017 10:23 pm

Lady Nightmare steps into the room just as he sits, smiling warmly as she moves to the head of the table and takes her own seat. She makes sure noone else is around before closing up the entrance to the room, sealing it off from the rest of the compound. "Mr. Gato, a pleasure to have you visit. To what do I owe the pleasure tonight?"

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Fri May 12, 2017 10:59 pm

The dark haired executive flashes a charming smile. "Hello. Thank you for giving me some private time." He smirks a bit. "Although I would not have minded if your little pink haired girl was here."

He laughs. "I'll just get right to business. I know you know who I am. I know you know that I have been a member of the Elite for a while. I am sure you have even seen me at some of the auctions. I believe you know what I am doing through FireFly Media. Surely you've heard about the Celestials. Now that all that is on the table, I am sure you're curious why I am here and what I am doing with everything."

He pauses and runs his fingers through his hair. "I want to negotiate a deal that will benefit us both. What I am looking for is some highly visible metahuman threats to make scenes in the city solely to be taken down by the Celestials. I am willing to pay you for these set up incidents including enough to cover the fines to have your agents released from jail."

DeuxBlackthorn

Post by DeuxBlackthorn » Fri May 12, 2017 11:16 pm

Lady Nightmare steeples her fingers on the table, nodding as he explains, and then smiling wide as he makes his interest clear "I see, publicity and glory for you, a clear dichotomy to show that only some metahumans are harmful, and finances for us. It does seem like a beneficial arrangement for all involved. How often would these arrangements be desired? And would it be possible to sometimes have the threats driven off but not captured? I might be able to provide larger threats if my agents aren't compromised to the authorities"

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Sat May 13, 2017 12:20 am

Anthony smiles and leans back in his chair. "I will do my best but the problem I will run into is that the Celestials cannot know things are set up. I can remind them that it may cause more damage to pursue but I don't have full control over all the members."

He taps his fingers on the table as he thinks. "I would think maybe something every couple weeks or if we need a big distracting headline would be the best. I really would like to minimize damages. I want good press not a disaster."

He takes a breath and smirks. "There is a potential other possibility you could be interested in. I am already having some, let's say issues with some members. Maybe if a member doesn't listen to me enough, they may have to learn the hard way. Maybe ending up on the auction block would humble someone and teach them to listen to superiors. But we would need to negotiate a deal if something like that came up."

DeuxBlackthorn

Post by DeuxBlackthorn » Sat May 13, 2017 12:38 am

Lady Nightmare nods "Of course, wouldn't want to raise suspicions of anything behind the scenes. I'm sure I can arrange sufficient distraction for your team members when I send key personnel. As for taking care of your problems, I'm sure traps can be arranged. I have several people on staff that quite enjoy the hunt and subdual."

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Sat May 13, 2017 12:50 am

The young executive smiles wide. "Great. I am happy to hear you agree with me. We will have to work out the details as we figure out a time schedule. I am looking forward to a prosperous relationship."

DeuxBlackthorn

Post by DeuxBlackthorn » Sat May 13, 2017 12:55 am

Lady Nightmare smiles "As am I, I'm certain we can be of quite some aid to one another, in numerous matters. Incidentally, I'd like to arrange a more open meeting with you to discuss some advertisement ventures for our club front. Just because it's a front doesn't mean I can't make it highly profitable in its own right"

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Sat May 13, 2017 1:05 am

He flashes that charming smile again. "Of course. You can always call my assistant, Cassie. She can set a meeting when ever you want. FireFly Media will happily advertise your club all over the city. We can even set up a live event to draw more attention if you want."

DeuxBlackthorn

Post by DeuxBlackthorn » Sat May 13, 2017 1:12 am

Lady Nightmare nods and extends her hand "Precisely what I was thinking. I'll be certain to get in touch with her soon for that meeting, and I look forward to the profitability of our arrangement."

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Sat May 13, 2017 1:23 am

Anthony stands and shakes her hand. "Sounds good. I am looking forward to everything too. Finally this city is getting under control again. When you can set a little disturbance for publicity, give me a call. Just ask me to contact you, or send someone in person. I am very careful about leaving any traces of anything. I am sure you understand."

DeuxBlackthorn

Post by DeuxBlackthorn » Sat May 13, 2017 1:32 am

Lady Nightshade shakes back firmly, nodding "Of course, I'm the soul of discretion. I'm sure you're familiar with the private channels we use. I'll set one aside for you personally, and let you know which when we meet for the other discussion." the barrier over the entry raising up again to allow him to depart "Do enjoy the remainder of your evening."

Chyleste
Site Admin

Post by Chyleste » Sat May 13, 2017 1:37 am

Anthony nods as he steps out. "Thanks. You have a good night too."