Law and Disorder

DeuxBlackthorn

Law and Disorder

Post by DeuxBlackthorn » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:19 pm

[12:11] Clarity rings the bell to signify another class about to begin
[12:13] Korume would come back dressed in her more going out clothes with her katana across her back, "Sorry... had to avoid creepy looking workers..."
[12:14] Evie: "Oh, good. Class is starting. That means there will be less students and almost no teachers in the hallways as we go. When is your next class anyway, Korume?"
[12:14] Vinnie Hall Anne turned, looking to Korume, nodding as she returned.
[12:20] Korume furrows her brow, "That... is complicated... " she pauses, "I have certain funding issues... so my schedule keeps changing as I'm only allowed in low request classes... the second more people want to be in the class than are allowed with me in the class... I get bumped out and put in a different class... I've had my schedule change six times in the last week."
[12:21] Evie nods. "Are we ready then? Let's hurry before we get caught." She pauses. "I mean not that we're doing anything wrong. I just always feel weird walking across this campus."
[12:22] Korume nods, "Yeah lets go... this campus can be a bit... creepy at times..." she would shudder a bit.
[12:23] Vinnie Hall Anne would follow after them, admiring their forms as she followed behind, smiling lightly, licking her lips...
[12:24] Evie nods and opens the door, peeking out rather carelessly as she leaves the room. She gets a little ways down the hall and then surprise takes her. She falls to the ground in a faint.
[12:25] Korume would eep seeing Evie start to fall and would rush forward trying to catch her and set her on the ground gently, "Evie?!?!"
[12:25] Vinnie Hall Anne blinked, moving to help as well, murmuring a bit and looking confused...
[12:25] Clarity is still waiting outside the main entrance, giving a few more minutes for students to arrive for the law class, she gives a little smile when she sees Evie, but then as the girl suddenly collapses she rushes over and kneels down, taking a look to see if there's anything visibly wrong
[12:27] Evie comes around quickly as everyone rushed to her aid, blinking and rubbing her face with her hands, she looks up in momentary confusion that doesn't last long.
[12:29] Vinnie Hall Anne looked over the woman in pink and green, humming, frowning a little, wondering if she had anything to do with it, as she seemed to be the only new thing to the situation, but then again, she seemed to be trying to help... She kept changing from frowning to confused to worried about Evie.
[12:29] Korume would look like she just had a heart attack, "Hey! don't scare me like that." She would look down at Evie trying to make sure she was really okay.
[12:31] Clarity reaches down and runs a hand through Evie's hair "Hey, are you alright? That looked like a nasty fall there..."
[12:32] Vinnie Hall Anne murmured again, then said, "You being okay now? What having happened?"
[12:32] Evie gets up, managing well enough with or without assistance, "Miss Clarity. Yes, I'm fine. I'm sorry. That's never happened before."
[12:34] Korume would of course help her friend up hoping Evie could get them out of this situation without too much trouble.
[12:35] Clarity nods slightly "Well, I do hope it was just a one-time stumble... if it happens again please let one of the staff know so we can have it checked out" glancing over the others "Hmm... all out of uniform... are you all done with classes for the day so early?"
[12:37] Vinnie Hall Anne smiled lightly, shaking her head. "I am... Still needing to enroll."
[12:37] Evie: "Well, yes. we just got out of class a little while ago. I was going to the Club to work and Korume and Vinnie were going to come with me, although Vinnie hasn't been here before. She is wanting to apply."
[12:37] Korume gulps as honestly she wasn't sure with how many changes her schedule has been through, "uh.. as far as I know." She nods hesitantly.
[12:39] Clarity chuckles "Well, if you aren't in my classes then I certainly hope none of you are hoping to become wardens..." looking to Vinnie "I have a class starting in a few minutes, but if you can come by in the next day or two I'd be happy to get you signed up" pulling out a card and handing it over, containing a small set of office hours and a room number
[12:40] Evie: "Is today Tuesday?"
[12:40] Vinnie Hall Anne took the card, looking at it and smiling. "Thank you."
[12:41] Korume arches a brow, "What.. class do you teach MIss... uh.. Clarity?" She bites her lower lip as she was looking to become a warden.. as she couldn't think of a job that fit her better.
[12:42] Clarity shakes her head to Evie "Wednesday" then looks to Korume "I teach law in all its forms, but most specifically the interactions of the legal codes of the city on the conduct of metahumans... basically how people should use their powers responsibly to uphold the law rather than flaunt it"
[12:44] Korume grumbles as that class sounds quite technical and boring but she could understand its necessity.
[12:45] Evie hesitated, seeing the look in Korume's eyes, and hearing Clarity's description of the class which made it seem like an important one, but she didn't want there to be corrective action over uniforms. "So... should we uhh... go change back into our uniforms again?"
[12:48] Clarity smiles "If you'd like to attend I could write you onto the schedule... I'll even make an exception for uniforms this once... prompt attendance is more important than appearance in the grand scheme of things"
[12:48] Vinnie Hall Anne just blinked at that, not really understanding what it was about, since as alien royalty, there were few laws she had to obey before arriving in Celestial City, not to mention her civilization had few overall that applied to what she would have been breaking... Then at hearing Evie and Korume might be going to the class. "Would... I be able to attend if not yet being enrolled?"
[12:50] Korume would brighten up at the idea of being allowed to be out of uniform looking to Evie and Vinnie, "I'm definitely happy to go if you two want to." She nods.
[12:52] Evie still hesitated, but finally said, "Let's go," smiling meekly.
[12:54] Clarity nods to Vinnie "I think I can allow that, as long as you aren't disruptive, since you're planning to enroll. Let's get moving then, class starts in just a couple minutes, and you all don't want to be both late and out of uniform..." turning to head towards the main entrance
[12:54] Evie follows with everyone else.
[12:55] Vinnie Hall Anne grinned following after.
[12:55] Evie grabs a seat in the back.
[12:57] Vinnie Hall Anne smiles, sitting down next to her.
[12:58] Clarity leads the way into one of the classrooms where a few students are already seated at the desks, but there are a few spots still open. She moves to the chalkboard and writes out a URL on the campus website "Course materials are on this site. It includes a complete copy of the Celestial City Constitution and Penal Codes, which I recommend any potential warden keep a copy of for reference"
[13:00] Evie pushes Vinnie a bit so she can get her notebook and pencil out of her rucksack. There is also a barely audible rattling in her rucksack as she does so.
[13:00] Korume would grab a seat in front of Evie to at least be close to her friend. She would go to the site wanting to pay attention as she hoped to not make all the teachers in the school hate her.
[13:04] Vinnie Hall Anne raised her brow looking down at the rucksack, then checking the desk she sat at, finding someone's left behind worn notebook and half gone, chewed up pencil. She wrote down the url, nodding.
[13:07] Clarity turns as she hears the rustling, though she misses the little push while she was distracted, giving Evie a brief glance before beginning "Now then, who here knows how much leeway being a registered Warden grants you as far as your own violations of the law?" her gaze travelling over the students now, starting to actively watch for any signs of troublemakers
[13:08] Evie stares blankly, not knowing the answer.
[13:08] Vinnie Hall Anne just blinked, smiling, but looking confused.
[13:10] Korume would go to the website looking totally happy in class for the first time in a long time even if the class subject wasn't her favorite. She spoke a bit hesitantly more applying logic than really knowing, "I think violations against property are mostly overlooked during a meta incident while violations against living being are more closely scrutinized."
[13:12] Mark Blake Pushes open the door to the class room and picks an empty desk and puts his pack and takes a seat his bandanna shading his eyes
[13:14] Clarity smiles to Korume "A good try... but while the laws on the whole are a little more forgiving of property damage, the correct answer is zero. A warden license is a contract to uphold the law, not an authority to break it. It's a mistake many metahumans make here" giving a bit of a dirty look at the new arrival "Well, good of you to grace us with your presence... is there a particular reason for your tardiness?"
[13:15] Vinnie Hall Anne hummed, writing that down and her other hand lightly brushed Evie's back as she whispered, "You sure you being okay?"
[13:16] Evie rolls her eyes a bit as Mark walks in, muttering under her breath, "Every damn class."
[13:18] Korume would shake her head with Mark showing up late wondering if he does it on purpose.
[13:18] Mark Blake Blinks and looks this instructor up and down his face neutral as he appraises her " i was in the library researching last classes home work, didn't hear the bell" he says simply as he looks at her from the shadows over his eyes
[13:24] Clarity nods slightly to Mark "Well, tardiness is a blatant disrespect to me, to the course, and to your fellow students. Don't allow it to happen again or there will be consequences" a hard gaze lingering on him for a moment before continuing her instruction "Now, does anyone here know how punishment for crimes is handled here in the city?"
[13:26] Vinnie Hall Anne wrote that down, thinking it was like the teacher was royalty compared to the students being civilians, understanding the tardiness aspect. She hummed, not really knowing the answer for the city as a whole...
[13:26] Evie blurts out before she can stop herself, "I know how its handled in this school," but then blushes and tries to pretend she didn't say anything at all. She was relieved and surprised that more wasn't done about Mark being late, but now she was beside herself with anger for opening her own mouth.
[13:27] Mark Blake Stares back at her a long moment then nods and pulls out a pencil an paper and starts taking notes his eyes still on the teacher "i would assume a police force stops the criminals and s judicial system tries dem , Right?" he glances over his shoulder then back at the board
[13:27] Korume would grumble speaking under her breath, "If this school is any indication it includes loosing all one's clothes just cause the ones running the place are complete perverts." She would then look back at Evie biting her lower lip.
[13:30] Vinnie Hall Anne looked back and forth at the others with their answers.
[13:33] Clarity seems a little surprised as Mark actually tries to give a sensible answer, having expected nothing but trouble from him with the stories going around the staff "To an extent... the wardens act as the police most of the time. However legal trials are costly to the city and the people, and so are rarely performed. Instead the city relies on a system called restitution, in which criminals are expected to pay back society for their actions either with money or service" walking over towards the side of Evie and Korume as she speaks "And since you two seem so dissatisfied with the way discipline is handled here, do either of you know why it's done differently?"
[13:34] Evie swallows, an expression of fear on her face, not wanting to suggest, "Because the teachers are perverts?" She just shakes her head.
[13:36] Vinnie Hall Anne hummed, then said, "Because criminals may do worse than the teachers?"
[13:37] Mark Blake Turns in his seat watching the teacher as she broaches an interesting subject , he pulls out another piece of paper he labels reasons/excuses and takes more notes
[13:37] Korume cheeks are bright red as she looks mortified thinking of what Evie said this morning... especially cause she had already said the worst thing she could, "Uh.. cause the school is a private entity and can abu.... punish the students however they like? And if the students don't like it.. they can simply leave?"
[13:40] Clarity arches a brow at Korume as she catches the change of words "Partly right... it is because the school is private property. Part of the city constitution states that private landowners set the laws and enforcement on their property, so long as any changes are made public knowledge. That's why all students sign an acknowledgment of the school rules before beginning classes. I notice you were about to say abuse though... do you truly believe that anything done here would qualify for such a harsh term?"
[13:44] Mark Blake Mark speaks up his tone neutral again " are you saying you don't? dat doing the kinda things dat the teachers do aint abusive?"
[13:44] Korume would debate what to do here... a part of her felt she should just recant and yet her pride wanted to press on she looks paralyzed with indecision for a moment before going all in, "Yes... yes I would." She nods firmly sticking to her guns especially as Mark speaks up.
[13:45] Evie just listens, making sure her lips keep clamped closed, but she is beginning to relax a little.
[13:48] Vinnie Hall Anne scratched the back of her head, not really knowing much about it to comment... One hand moving to try to pat Evie's upper thigh softly a moment.
[13:52] Evie allows Voxni/Vinnie's caress, but notes that she is going to have to talk with Voxni later about how she acts in class, at least here at this school. She tries to pretend she doesn't feel the touch.
[13:53] Clarity lashes out two hidden tendrils, one to grab Korume's wrists and one for Mark's, giving a pull forwards to bend them over the desks while a third tendril moves to swat each of their rears firmly, twice apiece "Let this be a lesson, then... the staff here are professionals. We know how to use our abilities, and can easily handle a few arrogant children. If I wanted to I could beat both your butts until you couldn't sit for a week... THAT would be abuse. Discipline is given where it's needed to keep order, so that you can learn properly."
[13:54] Vinnie Hall Anne blinked at that, her hand coming back up as she took another note about what happened, humming.
[13:57] Mark Blake Grunts as hes pulled forward across his desk by an invisible force he gasps out as something hard comes down on his ass stinging through his thin school pants grunting at each stroke his face flushing red with embarrassment his eyes sparking with an inner fire his ass wiggles trying to escape the swats despite him self " wait your .. your doing this some how?"
[13:57] Evie flinches, starting to get up out of her chair as she sees something happen to Korume, and can only begin to guess what having seen it happen before. That makes sense, she figures, that Clarity would have the same telekinetic ability as her sister Lady N. She freezes, half standing, knowing there would be nothing she could do to interfere, and not able to force herself to sit either.
[13:59] Vinnie Hall Anne blinked, looking at the sight and at Evie standing, a hand reaching toward her closer one, trying to hold it and gently pull her toward sitting again...
[13:59] Korume would would yelp loudly out of surprise as she was bent forward over her desk and her bottom was swatted. She actually looks totally stunned at this seemingly paralyzed for a long moment still bent over her desk.
[14:02] Clarity holds the grips for a few seconds to make her point, then releases both students "Yes, that was me... if the staff here simply wanted to abuse you, we wouldn't bother with a pretense of teaching. You may not always understand the reasons behind a chosen discipline, but there is a purpose to it to help you learn" her gaze turning to Evie now "Something on your mind...?"
[14:03] Evie shakes her head and with Vinnie's help, finds her seat. "No, ma'am."
[14:05] Mark Blake Tugs at his bonds lightly his bottom stinging from the swats , Mark is much less paralyzed, with his embarrassment , he rubs his wrists as the force pining them releases him , he winches as he sits on his stinging ass and one hand reaches up and pushes his bandanna up further on his head revealing a crystalline eye on his forehead
[14:06] Korume would regain herself by the time she was let go and couldn't help being tempted to speak out against the reason argument speaking out, "Can you pl.... no nevermind... I'm sorry..." she would go back to tapping at the computer.
[14:09] Lisa Tereya Feng-Svoboda (lisa.feng) slips quietly into the room. This was not going to look good, late twice in one day. With a soft sigh she moves to the only open desk.
[14:12] Clarity arches a brow at Korume "What were you going to ask?" turning as the door opens and the new student tries to sneak in "And here I thought Mark was supposed to be the problem student... now we have one that can't even be bothered to show up for half the class. Do you have a reason for being so horrifically tardy?" starting to head back towards the front of the room
[14:13] Vinnie Hall Anne hummed for a moment, just waiting, curious.
[14:14] Lisa Tereya Feng-Svoboda (lisa.feng) shakes her head meekly, gaze lowered to the floor. 'N-no ah excuse ma'am' she stammers out, legs fidgeting nerviously.
[14:14] Evie flinches.
[14:15] Korume thinks she may have dodged the bullet with the other student showing up so very late taking attention off of her before actually visibly cringing at her answer to Clarity..
[14:18] Mark Blake Sweeps his gaze across the room winching as he looks at korume then looking above her head and giving a slight nod of respect to something, respect but not difference, his gaze then sweeps to Ms clarity and the tardy lisa his face still flushed red
[14:19] Korume would look back to Evie trying to gage how she feels about the harsh punishment Lisa was likely to receive.
[14:22] Clarity sighs heavily as she stares at Lisa for a few seconds "Well, such blatant disrespect for everyone here can't be allowed to go unchecked... you will attend the rest of this class kneeling on the floor there, facing the rest of the students to offer your apologies to them." pointing to a spot on the floor to the side of her podium "You'll also report for detention" then glancing over the other students "And you all wonder why discipline is needed... you all wouldn't bother to learn a thing if we didn't work constantly to keep you in line..."
[14:24] Lisa Tereya Feng-Svoboda (lisa.feng) grimaces before breathing a silent sigh of realif. Well, that certainly could be worse... She had to admit detention made me nervious, she couldn't imagine it being good. With the smallest of bows and a squeaky 'yes ma'am' she moves, slowly kneeling.
[14:25] Evie frowns, thankful that Lisa was at least managing to remain solid.
[14:25] Vinnie Hall Anne would spend a bit of time looking over the woman who had entered, remembering seeing her before, but only for a short time when she left the previous class... Then blinking, licking her lips lightly as she remembered where 'Vinnie' hadn't met her, but Voxni had... Then raising a brow, humming as she didn't know the word 'detention' yet. She leaned over and whispered to Evie, asking for clarification...
[14:27] Mark Blake Mutters in a whisper " oh see how you need me! said every tyrant ever" he shakes his head and watches the girl kneel his expression still locked in cold neutrality "Thank you for your effort in disciplining us .. im sure shes going to learn a lot from dat postions, Right?"
[14:28] Korume seems a bit relieved Lisa's punishment isn't too bad. She would nearly face desk as Mark decided to poke Clarity with a stick... metaphorically speaking.
[14:33] Clarity nods slightly to Lisa as she accepts the punishment with grace at least, about to turn back to her chalkboard when Mark starts piping up, giving him a cold glare "Perhaps she'll learn a lesson that seems to repeatedly elude you... to respect the time and efforts of others" weaving a tendril through the floor towards Mark's seat and then bringing it up behind him, attempting to use the end of it to soak his shirt in pink dye and cover it in glitter
[14:35] Lisa Tereya Feng-Svoboda (lisa.feng) stays mousily quiet,gaze locked floowords, trying to simply stay inconspciuious as possible.
[14:36] Evie gave Vinnie a light shake of her head, noting to tell Voxni later about detention. She kind of feared for Lisa, thinking that her punishment at the front of the class was just the beginning. She suddenly breaks though, a snort of laughter when Mark's shirt suddenly starts turning pink and glittery. She quickly stifles it.
[14:38] Mark Blake Frown his eyes darting down briefly, he holds perfectly still as a pink glittery stain blooms from no where he gasps in dismay " oh no...
[14:39] Vinnie Hall Anne frowned and then raised a brow at Evie not telling her, blinking at the shirt changing color, and cleared her throat a bit. "I am... Being from other universe when they collided, yes? I am not knowing... What is detention?" She seemed confused, lightly smiling and not seeming worried, but not like she was trying to make a joke either.
[14:40] Mark Blake "oh no is this glitter.. did you just paint my shirt in glittery pink paint.. i have other classes after this you know!" he flushes again his eyes very carefully not looking down at the tendril again
[14:41] Lisa Tereya Feng-Svoboda (lisa.feng) bites her lip, trying to hide the smallest of smiles at the apeprence of glitter on Mark's shirt.
[14:43] Korume would snerk as Mark's shirt was suddenly bright pink and his response to it all makes it even better.
[14:44] Clarity smiles to Vinnie "It's simply where a teacher disciplines a student outside of the active classroom... as long as you avoid these sorts of negative influences you won't have to worry about it" then giving a grin to Mark as she keeps up the process "Well, then I guess this is going to be your uniform until you learn to show a bit more respect to the staff and your fellow students... you wanted to act the clown, so now you look like one too"
[14:45] Mark Blake Nods his head slowly face flushed as his shirt is painted pink
[14:46] Evie can't keep her amusement bottled in any more at the absurdity of Mark's complaint and breaks into open laughter. At least he isn't being made to go shirtless or without pants. The fact that he was so indignant about the new dye job just seemed ridiculous to her and her head fell on the desk as she began to laugh and this and not stopping until she heard Miss Clarity's voice again, finally managing to stifle it once more.
[14:47] Vinnie Hall Anne hummed nodding lightly, making note of that, though really only knowing discipline as denying someone something after they displeased her, so as far as she knew now, it was keeping the person from doing what they would normally do after class... Such as going to the XXXcelsior or other things. Still, she didn't think she would want to be stuck somewhere for a while. She blinked at Evie laughing, smiling broadly at that, waiting till she calmed and whispering, "It is being good to see you cheerful."
[14:50] Korume had a big smirk on her face with Mark's whole situation as she thought he was more joking than actually upset by the pink shirt. She then started to feel bad if he actually was upset and she was amused by it... as it would be like someone laughing at her in her current uniform... which she thought was much worse.
[14:53] Lisa Tereya Feng-Svoboda (lisa.feng) risks another look up, flashing a sheepish smile,still mousily quiet otherwise.
[14:53] Clarity glances up at the clock and lets out a little sigh "Well, it seems like we've managed to lose the latter half of the class due to all these disruptions... your homework for next time is 500 words on the pros and cons of the restitution method of crime response"
[14:55] Evie rips a page out of her notebook and then writes down the homework assignment on a new sheet.
[14:56] Vinnie Hall Anne blinked, making note of that, knowing she would need to look into things further to do so, but she had been an exemplary student back in the Anelak Empire. Despite being the runt, she was still royalty, and a lot of expectations were put on her. The only real class she had difficulty with had been physical standards, due to comparison to the rest of her family, but compared to these humans for the most part didn't seem like she'd be put on as severe a scale.
[14:57] Lisa Tereya Feng-Svoboda (lisa.feng) nods duitifully, making a mental note of the homework. She risks another look up towards Miss Clarity.
[14:58] Korume would make a note of the homework adding it onto the sheet with her other homework making a note of what she had to do tonight.
[14:59] Mark Blake Grunts and jots down the assignment in his notes notes his face beet red at there laughter his eyes are locked on his writing though his third crystalline eye looks down at something unseen muttering to him self " show you clown , you authoritative so and so"
[15:01] Clarity hears the bell ring and gives a brief nod to the group "Class dismissed" moving over to her desk to take a seat, giving a window for anyone to approach if they want
[15:02] Lisa Tereya Feng-Svoboda (lisa.feng) quickly stands, starting to make her way to the doorway.
[15:03] Vinnie Hall Anne stood, humming and pocketing the notes, though it seemed like she just shoved them into her thigh as the illusion hide where the hidden pocket actually was.
[15:04] Evie rises to class and making her way along the far wall would try to go up to the front, but seeing Lisa move would turn around and move after her, the ripped page from her notes in her hand, and offer them to Lisa. "Here's my notes from class if you want to copy the parts you missed and give them back to me."
[15:05] Lisa Tereya Feng-Svoboda (lisa.feng) stops, blinking as she finds herself adressed by Evie. 'T-thanks!' she squeaks out 'Uh...I can copy them in the enxt few hours and then slip it back under your dorm door..' She glances over to Vinnie, something about her was familier... she shrugs though, pushing the feeling aside.
[15:07] Mark Blake Remains in his seat for the moment staring at the teacher, finally he shakes his head and rises heading to the doorway not saying a word to his fellow students as he leaves in his bright pink glittery shirt
[15:08] Evie: "Just give them to me tomorrow. I don't live in the dorms."
[15:08] Lisa Tereya Feng-Svoboda (lisa.feng) blinks, looking slightly confused before nodding 'Ah...right..t-thanks again!'
[15:09] Korume would pop up from her seat looking to catch up with Evie before seeing Mark leave realizing he was actually quite upset about his shirt making her feel kind of bad for him. She would be thankful that all the disruptions had made Clarity forget about the question she had almost asked earlier during the class.
[15:10] Evie smiles then looks to Korume and Vinnie/Voxni. "Are we still going to the club? Or is it too late?"