I dont know how to make a poll on here

Butterfly of Doom

I dont know how to make a poll on here

Post by Butterfly of Doom » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:40 pm

But. How do you the players want this sim to be rebuilt?
"The nerve of... Ugh!"- Celeste
"Our enemy is never as evil as we imagine." - Katyusha
"Darlin. You’re hotter than donut grease at a fat man convention." - Anna
"..." - Eventide

Drexia

Re: I dont know how to make a poll on here

Post by Drexia » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:21 am

I can imagine the following:

First something happens that makes the first city uninhabitable and one of the ruined cities is chosen to rebuild on. Nirrae probably lands her ship and extends the shield to protect part of it from radiation. Most the civilians are evacuated when the old city basically explodes or something. At this point there is likely to be hardcore construction with basically everyone helping to rebuild, setting up a new radiation shield etc. Nirrae then takes her ship back up into orbit after giving some design that partially goes into the new shield generators. I can imagine Jaron and PAE rebuilding a lot of the infrastructure again as they have the experience with that.

Timeskip a few years and continue from there. City is mostly rebuilt, there may be less alien hate at that point as a bonus. Old storylines are ended and new ones begin. Hell an idea here would definitely be to set up some kind of official form RP of this happening until the new sim is ready.

As for changes. As long as it doesn't go more towards the sex/perv angle I'm fine with a lot as long as my characters can still be around and all that.
If you are reading this you have stopped reading my post and are now reading my signature.

Butterfly of Doom

Post by Butterfly of Doom » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:29 am

well AES is good for rebuilding too. I saw most of the city coming together for survival. any thought on government?
"..." - Eventide

Juno

Post by Juno » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:05 pm

I'm in favour of cosmic flimflam with snippysnapping reality bending. Allow people who want to bring their characters over do so, others can reboot, or start a new one. That way everyone gets what they wanted, and you can go back to square one when it comes to the setting.

Do a DC, essentially.
Tá Gráinne Mhaol ag teacht thar sáile,
Óglaigh armtha léi mar gharda,
Gaeil iad féin is ní Frainc ná Spáinnigh,
Is cuirfidh siad ruaig ar Ghallaibh.

Shmoe

Post by Shmoe » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:22 am

I think a sort of "Elseworld" or status quo swap for the beginning would be kind of fun to do. Have whatever being caused the destruction to re-write reality to have different people in charge and in control of the city. Allow some people to remember what it was before though; those in power suddenly having a loss of it, knowing how hard they worked, now have to try and get it back. Never really go back to how it was, but allow for something new to organically develop.

Drexia

Post by Drexia » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:15 am

I'm not a big fan of the reality altering stuff myself. Just make it that stuff continues X years later and leave it to people to fill in what happened to their characters during this time.
If you are reading this you have stopped reading my post and are now reading my signature.

Shmoe

Post by Shmoe » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:23 am

Hmm, a time jump can always be a tricky thing. Like, before I disappeared due to some complicated RL issues, I was getting some real momentum going on infecting people with symbiotes and what not. If we did a time jump, would it be assumed I infected more people or just never got anything done? Think certain aspects can get complicated with just a time jump, and may actually be more work on our awesome admins to have to approve everyone's individual character growth. Just think we should make it as easy as possible and have the least amount of work for everyone :)

Drexia

Post by Drexia » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:40 am

Well i dont think you really needed approval on growth unless it changed their powers. In either case it would be the same as if there was a reality shift and people remade their characters. Both options open for changes after all. As far as where the story looks like it will go a new city will be constructed somewhere, which takes time anyway.

Butterfly of Doom

Post by Butterfly of Doom » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:02 am

Id rather characters just time skip. They can app for changes. Ive got one for Eventide that I wanted to do prior to all this. Mostly just tweaking for my desired tier for her and some cosmetics.
"..." - Eventide